• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
When they were in prison, did Pratt say to Zaldana "I couldn't care less" or "I could care less" ? I swear I heard the latter and I wanted to beat the shit out of the writer.

Really? Considering most people say the latter, it makes more sense that he would say it wrong anyway... Bad phrasing doesn't automatically means bad writing, as long as it fits the context.

Neoxon

Just found out on Anime News Network, apparently, the Japanese dub has been cast, and the guy voicing Quill is the same voice as Space Dandy.

GENIUS!
I always thought Star-Lord & Space Dandy had many similarities, this just cements those thoughts.

I have to see this.

Verendus

Banned
The more important timeline is post-Avengers imo.

How on earth does Tony not show up and help a Captain out?
It's best to ignore stuff like that. It's a movie after all.

Really? Considering most people say the latter, it makes more sense that he would say it wrong anyway... Bad phrasing doesn't automatically means bad writing, as long as it fits the context.
That's bad writing if it is indeed the case. I don't know how 'I could care less' has permeated America to such a degree, but it makes no sense. A writer should know the difference.

I've never heard it said in a manner other than 'I couldn't care less.' Then again, I'm in Britain and not the US.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Saw it last night, absolutely loved it. That opening though, a little rough for such a lighthearted movie.
Anyway, Drax surprised the hell out of me and may be my favourite character in the whole film. That line about having amazing reflexes and catching stuff that goes over his head killed me, I was still chuckling about it today.

baby Groot was adorable. The dancing at the end was very cute. Him fucking up that whole tunnel full of bad guys with one giant arm was pretty badass as well.

Saw it last night, absolutely loved it. That opening though, a little rough for such a lighthearted movie.
Anyway, Drax surprised the hell out of me and may be my favourite character in the whole film. That line about having amazing reflexes and catching stuff that goes over his head killed me, I was still chuckling about it today.

baby Groot was adorable. The dancing at the end was very cute. Him fucking up that whole tunnel full of bad guys with one giant arm was pretty badass as well.

I think the look on his face right after that got the biggest reaction in the whole movie.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I think the look on his face right after that got the biggest reaction in the whole movie.
When Rocket
says that line to Drax about not caring, and Groot's hand shot to his mouth like OMG
got a big reaction from all the girls in the theatre

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
It's best to ignore stuff like that. It's a movie after all.

That's bad writing if it is indeed the case. I don't know how 'I could care less' has permeated America to such a degree, but it makes no sense. A writer should know the difference.

I've never heard it said in a manner other than 'I couldn't care less.' Then again, I'm in Britain and not the US.

A lot of the things we say in the US doesn't make sense. When people say things like "could care less", "all intensive purposes", and "I'm literary going to explode" it bugs the crap out of me too. While it might make me cringe, I still don't think it's necessarily bad writing if a characters says these, as long as it was intentionally written that way. Now if that line was unintentional, then yes, that can be considered bad writing.

kurahador

The more important timeline is post-Avengers imo.

How on earth does Tony not show up and help a Captain out?

I think it's because Cap doesn't trust Tony (at first) considering he's the one who designed the new helicarrier.

Either way, I get the feeling we'll get the answer in AOU.

I would say "I could care less" has permeated the States, and that the writer was simply showing that through Quill. Basically if I was writing about character A, if writing narrative/exposition I would have it correctly as "I couldn't care less..." but since character A "don't speak no gud like you and me" I would have his talking line be "I could care less" to reflect that.

Neoxon

Here's the main Japanese dub cast.

>Junichi Suwabe - Peter Quill/Star-Lord (Space Dandy)
>Manami Numakura - Gamora (Hibiki from Idolm@ster)
>Tomokazu Sugita - Rocket (Kyon from Haruhi)
>Vin Diesel - Groot
>Tomokazu Seki - Drax the Destroyer (I AM GUNDAM Setsuna)
>Mamoru Miyano - Ronan the Accuser (Larry from Persona 4)
>Ami Koshimizu - Nebula

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

>Vin Diesel - Groot
>Ami Koshimizu - Nebula
Mamoru Miyano is Setsuna, Tomokazu Seki is Domon
now in my mind Drax says to Ronan "Take this! My love, my anger and all of my sorrow!" and that made the battle a gazillion times better.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Saw it last night with a friend.

Best Marvel movie ever. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time, period!

Damn, this movie was so good.

Only issue was the projection was out of focus. I noticed it right away during the trailers (20 damn minutes of trailers, btw) and was hoping they would correct it for the movie, but nope, they didn't. I didn't feel like complaining so I just bared it.

Go.... See.... This.... Movie!

Dresden

Some awkwardness due to the necessarily hurried character intros (thought the movie as a whole could use ten or twenty extra minutes around those scenes), but it was fun. Will watch the sequel. Also feeling strange urge to watch Winter Soldier now. You win this time, Marvel.

>Vin Diesel - Groot
>Ami Koshimizu - Nebula

Sugoi.

Vin Diesel did Groot's lines in a ton of other languages, Japanese is one of them.

I wonder if it will be Watashi wa Groot desu or just Groot desu. The latter is a bit more ambiguous but would probably work better with the few words schtick. Neither one would match up with the lips too well, though.

This is now up for pre-order:

Pelvic sorcery.

5BddpNG.jpg

1c5Mbq2.jpg

E5rMgHC.jpg

FGPfRgK.jpg

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-gamora-hot-toys-902223/

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
saw it today, really enjoyed it, was its own film and of course it was fun and had me laughing. Rocket and Star Lord steal the show, but i enjoyed everyone's part. The films spends a huge chunk of time just building relationships between the team and building up the team as a family like unit. To be honest the villains and their schemes are secondary, an interesting move. Can't wait for the blu-ray / DVD

Saw it last night. It was nothing mindblowing, but it was a good bit of fun. Don't get the hype over Drax though. Rocket lives up to the hype, however.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Saw it last night. It was nothing mindblowing, but it was a good bit of fun. Don't get the hype over Drax though. Rocket lives up to the hype, however.
There wasn't one unlikable character on the team. Drax was fun, had some good one-liners and it helped that my friend I went to see it with is a Bautista fan.

Also going to up my opinion about this movie and say this might be one of my favorite movies of all time.

There wasn't one unlikable character on the team. Drax was fun, had some good one-liners and it helped that my friend I went to see it with is a Bautista fan.

Agreed. I just remember seeing people saying Drax outshined the rest of the crew, which I didn't see at all. Anyway, it was a good time. Easily one of the better Marvel films.

Lunar15

Overall a great movie. Definitely a lot of fun. If I had to compare it to the Avengers, I'd say that I liked the first 3/4ths of this movie more than I liked the first 3/4ths of Avengers, but Avengers had the more ridiculous and amazing ending sequence.

That being said, the comparison is dumb because they were both really fun movies with different goals in mind. I feel like, despite the adventure, GotG was trying to be a comedy first and foremost, which it succeeded at.

It wasn't without flaws, but I found them to be pretty minor and insignificant against all the highlights of the film. A lot of it was just the standard pitfalls of a big team building movie like Avengers: the transition from "strangers" to "partners" happens way too fast, and since they have to cover the character arcs of 5 people instead of one, it just gets rushed and everyone is condensed into one or two easily identifiable traits. It works in the grand scheme of things, but it causes a slight bit of shallowness in the plot. They did a good enough job with the time they had to work in, though.

Wasn't a fan of the original score though. It wasn't bad enough to be distracting, but it just wasn't very memorable.

Concerning the ending, I personally would have made one change:
I would have somehow explained that Peter was only half terran before the ending. It's tough because I don't know where this would have fit in the movie without being a huge fucking spoiler for the ending, but I feel like him being able to magically hold the stone and then explaining it afterwards is a bit of a cop-out. Also, saving the day by holding hands with people that met less than two days ago was super cornball, but I get what they were going for. It works, but it's just slightly off. Not a dealbreaker at all for the movie.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would love it if in the sequel he got a CD from the 90s or something and had to try and cope/apply/interpret whatever he could to his current situation.

I saw that figure in person at Comic-con and it is so lifelike it is creepy.

Yeah....I saw a video of all of them and Gamora stood out the most for me.

Agreed. I just remember seeing people saying Drax outshined the rest of the crew, which I didn't see at all. Anyway, it was a good time. Easily one of the better Marvel films.

I loved all of the characters (how can you not?), but I thought Drax was the weakest of the bunch. I guess a lot of people just had low expectations for Dave? I knew he'd do well.

Caode

Damn you Hot Toys. I couldn't resist.. so I pre-ordered Star Lord, Gamora and the Rocket/Groot combo that comes with the dancing groot... just give me some Drax and I'll be content.

Top Bottom