• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
My copy of the artbook arrived last night and it is amazing. There is so much concept artwork. And it's super high quality too (not just sketches).
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785185534/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It has 6-10 versions of each of the protagonists and antagonist with a lot of variety between them. It's especially interesting to how varied the designs for Rocket and Groot were.

Very strong recommendation. There is so much stuff in this book. I'm kind of surprised that more of the content hasn't appeared online yet as it is amazingly gorgeous.
I wish we could get a technical or visual guide or encyclopedia. I'm kind of a nerd when it comes to space ships and I like to know the names of the various ships and their armaments, shields, propulsion, size, etc.

Just got back from seeing it. Amazing. Funny. Some parts were clichéd and predictable, but goddamn, if the rest didn't make up for it.

KooopaKid

Banned
Just watched it. It was entertaining but I thought there was just too much destruction and people yelling at each other as usual. Being a superhero movie, you just know the 4 main characters will survive no matter what so there's never a resemblance of tension. Oh and WTF at people in space without any suit!
That said, I really liked several sequences, the Starlord introduction in the cave at the beginning in particular. Fantasy Sci-fi and 80s music is an original mix :)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
This finally arrived today! Maxi poster. Looks small in the picture but its really big, covers half the wall!

10570236_1418874468335105_1626911473_n.jpg

Darkmakaimura

I googled but couldn't find anything so I suppose I'd ask here....

Does anyone know if there's going to be a Star-Lord costume available by Halloween? If I have the money, I'm seriously considering buying it - even a "cheap" version. I haven't dressed up for Halloween in a very long time but I'm still so hyped by the movie, I'm willing to in this case.

It's that or a cheap version of Master Chief. Heh.

Darkmakaimura

Just saw the movie for a third time. Still awesome, if not infinetly more so.
I've actually come to the conclusion this might be one of my favorite movies of all time. Now, I don't mean #1 favorite, but definitely in my Top 10 or 20. I rarely have that good of a time in the theater and this was when the projector was out of focus and there were only maybe 20 people in the theater (I saw a 1:30pm matinee standard showing). The good thing was I saw it with a good friend of mine. I can only imagine if this projector was in focus (lol) and the theater was full with people laughing and clapping.

This movie is soooooo damn good. It would have been good as a stand-alone film. Still hyped after all this time and that's not common when it comes to movies for me.

Saw it last night, really loved it.

Marvel really has 'done it again' like people kept saying. They've created a whole other part of their world now that people care about enough to stand on its own easily... but even cooler that it can also be linked to other parts of their movie world that people like too - its just gonna blow people's minds with excitement.

Christopher

Does anyone know if there's going to be a Star-Lord costume available by Halloween? If I have the money, I'm seriously considering buying it - even a "cheap" version. I haven't dressed up for Halloween in a very long time but I'm still so hyped by the movie, I'm willing to in this case.

His costume is provably the easiest to assemble

Quick

Banned

Star-Lord at Party City.

Not available to buy at the moment, though.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Saw it last night, loved it. Near perfect pacing, excellent humor, great all round, and what a relief to see a movie using colors again. There were a lot of ' noodle incidents', which I love, hope they revisit them in future films.

If they do make a GotG 2, I hope it is as far removed from the rest of the Marvel universe as this film. It was so great going into this film without seeing other marvel films and knowing the only cross-over (so far) is Thanos.

Neoxon

If they do make a GotG 2, I hope it is as far removed from the rest of the Marvel universe as this film. It was so great going into this film without seeing other marvel films and knowing the only cross-over (so far) is Thanos.
Make that when. GotG2 is already confirmed for a July 28, 2017 release.

Also, The Collector & the Infinity Stones are the other connections to the rest of the MCU.

lewisgone

Saw this on Tuesday and loved it. Knew nothing about the movie so it came as a real surprise. A lot of fun but also had a lot of heart.

I loved Drax's insane laughter as they crash landed into the enemy ship. Thought it was really funny.

I've actually come to the conclusion this might be one of my favorite movies of all time. Now, I don't mean #1 favorite, but definitely in my Top 10 or 20. I rarely have that good of a time in the theater and this was when the projector was out of focus and there were only maybe 20 people in the theater (I saw a 1:30pm matinee standard showing). The good thing was I saw it with a good friend of mine. I can only imagine if this projector was in focus (lol) and the theater was full with people laughing and clapping.

This movie is soooooo damn good. It would have been good as a stand-alone film. Still hyped after all this time and that's not common when it comes to movies for me.

I came to the conclusion that this is one of my favourite movies of all time about 10 minutes after I finished watching it for the first time. It's gonna go down as one of my favourite cinema experiences, they even played "Hooked on a Feeling" in the lobby as me and my brother were leaving. It was just perfect! As for the movie - it's basically everything I love about movies. It was just SO refreshing to see a movie not take itself so seriously with instantly lovable characters that had such natural dialogue that it felt like at times a script didn't even exist - we need more movies like this! I'm sick of all these other slow paced and always serious movies. They just bore me 90% of the time. Give me more fun movies!

So much this!!! A friend of mine told me yesterday that he hopes
Iron Man
is in the sequel, and I just looked at him and said "Bleh....I really hope not!" I want this to be its own thing. What they have from the MCU so far is perfect. You can put the Guardians in the last Avengers movie, but please - don’t add in any other Marvel characters for the next two Guardians of the Galaxy movies. For me it would just cheapen things. If they must, I’m completely fine with them doing it through easter eggs. But yeah, I have no interest in the other
boring
characters - the Guardians are all I need and want!

Finally premiered in the Netherlands last night, so went to the IMAX 3D midnight screening. I absolutely loved it! My favourite MCU film so far, and one of my favourite films ever. The audience seemed really into it as well, and everybody clapped at the end of it and stayed during the end credits. Most fun I've had in cinemas in a while.

My student transit pass kicks in next week, so free public transit + unlimited movie pass means I'll propably go see this in IMAX at least 2 more times! :D

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Finally premiered in the Netherlands last night, so went to the IMAX 3D midnight screening. I absolutely loved it! My favourite MCU film so far, and one of my favourite films ever. The audience seemed really into it as well, and everybody clapped at the end of it and stayed during the end credits. Most fun I've had in cinemas in a while.

My student transit pass kicks in next week, so free public transit + unlimited movie pass means I'll propably go see this in IMAX at least 2 more times! :D

I'll never understand people clapping in a theater where literally noone from the crew is present.

mikeybass

Neo Member
Saw it last night for the first time. Wow, just absolute wow.

Reminded me of Firefly all the way through, that humour and kind of rebellious camaraderie. Fantastic.

And that soundtrack! HNNNNNNNG!

Wazzy

Banned
Seeing this again on Saturday. Going with a couple friends and one who hasn't seen it so it's going to be even more fun.

Top Bottom