• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

I saw vol. 1 of the DnA run at a local bookshop and had to resist buying it, mainly because it was £25.

Blimey, it's not that thick. I paid about 15 pounds. Only read a few issues so far but I'd say my overall reaction so far would be...

_1400444190.gif

Blimey, it's not that thick. I paid about 15 pounds. Only read a few issues so far but I'd say my overall reaction would be...

_1400444190.gif

The art book is really nice as well. Tempted to nab the Avengers one now if I can find it.

Yeah, I think it's £15 on Amazon and SpeedyHen (thanks for telling me about that!), but I don't think it's in stock in both places.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Does anyone remember the exact quote the collector said to his slave girl about having elbows?
Not sure as I don't recall it but are you talking about
during the scene where he threatens her as the same fate as her sister who was locked up or when the Collector was talking to the Guardians before she grabbed the Infinity Stone?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Just came back. Eeh ok. I expected this to be good, but honestly it was even better than I'd hoped. I loved every minute of it. What impressed me the most is that pretty much all the jokes hit home for me. The comedy suited the movie perfectly. Plus, the entire theatre seemed to agree, some scenes got huge laughs (like
Groot with his soldier saté
)

Amazing movie. Me and my buddy both loved it. Probably my favorite Marvel movie.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

you guys making me wants to go see it again

i....... try not to splurge at the theatre butttttttt .......... i do want to see it again ;___;

sephi22

Seen the movie twice already. Once in 3D, once without. Loved it both times. I missed the troll doll flying in Quill's ship when its in freefall in 2D, but caught it in 3D.

One obvious joke that I loved, but not many people seemed to catch in my screenings was 'He not talk good like you and me. His vocabulistics is limited to I, Am, and Groot, exclusively in that order'

People laughed at the Groot part, but what makes this line golden for me is Rocket thinks his speech is okay while using phrases like 'not talk good' and 'vocabulistics'. This line made me fall in love with Rocket

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Somewhere in this topic there was a very stylized phone wallpaper, I can't seem to find it... anyone wants to help a brother out?

Oh god I loved this movie so much! As a huge fan of farscape you can't imagine how glad I am we got something similar on the big screen.
The dance-off scene was the highlight for me

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I'm still a bit bewildered why GotG isn't making more money and breaking records with all the word of mouth going around. I have seen almost next to nobody say they didn't like the movie. It's getting praise wherever I look. With that, I would have expected it to have some kind of record-breaking weekend or week at the box office.

Pop

I'm still a bit bewildered why GotG isn't making more money and breaking records with all the word of mouth going around. I have seen almost next to nobody say they didn't like the movie. It's getting praise wherever I look. With that, I would have expected it to have some kind of record-breaking weekend or week at the box office.

Hasn't opened everywhere yet.

Plus, new movies releasing every week has slowed it down a bit. Still it's 14-day total is higher than Transformers.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Fucking Turtles

It is making piles of money. It also had the best August opening ever.

Alienous

I didn't really enjoy the film, but I think the opening of it is one of the best things I've ever witnessed on screen.

I can't stop thinking about it.

It is making piles of money. It also had the best August opening ever.

It also crossed $200M domestic today, which puts it 2 days ahead of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

If it keeps up at the same pace, and there are no other real blockbusters coming this summer, it could settle somewhere around where Cap 2 did, if not better.

I'm not even sure if it's released everywhere yet.

Neoxon

It also crossed $200M domestic today, which puts it 2 days ahead of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

If it keeps up at the same pace, and there are no other real blockbusters coming this summer, it could settle somewhere around where Cap 2 did, if not better.

I'm not even sure if it's released everywhere yet.
I don't think it hit China or Japan yet, & China is a guaranteed $100 million right there. Check the OP for more info.

I don't think it hit China or Japan yet, & China is a guaranteed $100 million right there. Check the OP for more info.

Belgium, France: August 13, 2014
Argentina, Spain, Hungary, Netherlands: August 14, 2014

Germany: August 28, 2014
Greece: September 4, 2014
Japan: September 13, 2014
Italy: October 22, 2014

So that's what just released and has yet to release.

I'm not really sure how to judge the current foreign take, as boxofficemojo does't have it listed weekly for comparison.

Flunkie

Banned
Holy cow, I just saw it for the first time and I loved it. So great, and I really didn't expect it to be as outrageously funny as it was. I feared that the "humor" everyone was talking about might come off as forced, but it was perfect - literally perfect. Such a good film. Can't wait for future films!

Also, the scene after the credits. Wtf? lol

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So that's what just released and has yet to release.

I'm not really sure how to judge the current foreign take, as boxofficemojo does't have it listed weekly for comparison.
The foreign take is as of last weekend, tomorrow they'll update the cumulative and then the individual takes throughout the week as usual.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I dont dare to go in the Spoiler topic and ask it there since the mvovie ist still unreleased for a little bit shorter than two weeks, but I have a question regarding the Aftercreditscenes...

Are there two like in all Marvel Movies? One Mid-Creditscene and one Aftercreditscene?

Wurst

I dont dare to go in the Spoiler topic and ask it there since the mvovie ist still unreleased for a little bit shorter than two weeks, but I have a question regarding the Aftercreditscenes...

Are there two like in all Marvel Movies? One Mid-Creditscene and one Aftercreditscene?

No, just post

Seen the movie twice already. Once in 3D, once without. Loved it both times. I missed the troll doll flying in Quill's ship when its in freefall in 2D, but caught it in 3D.

One obvious joke that I loved, but not many people seemed to catch in my screenings was 'He not talk good like you and me. His vocabulistics is limited to I, Am, and Groot, exclusively in that order'

People laughed at the Groot part, but what makes this line golden for me is Rocket thinks his speech is okay while using phrases like 'not talk good' and 'vocabulistics'. This line made me fall in love with Rocket

Not to turn this into a Simpsons-esque "that's where I'm a Viking" derail, but I think Rocket was being deliberate there. That's the joke.
.gif

I didn't really enjoy the film, but I think the opening of it is one of the best things I've ever witnessed on screen.

I can't stop thinking about it.

Are you talking about the prologue or the title sequence (or both), because the title sequence is one of the best I've ever seen. Dat title card.

Maledict

It's probably going to be the biggest movie this year at the US box office according to the analysts at boxofficeprophets. It's a new franchise that crossed the 200 million mark in 15 days, which just doesn't happen.

Not sure how much bigger than that you can get really!

(It also broke the record for August openings by about $25 million, which is obviously ludicrous).

Neoxon

It's probably going to be the biggest movie this year at the US box office according to the analysts at boxofficeprophets. It's a new franchise that crossed the 200 million mark in 15 days, which just doesn't happen.

Not sure how much bigger than that you can get really!

(It also broke the record for August openings by about $25 million, which is obviously ludicrous).
And it's about to be the only movie that makes $300+ million domestically.

TEJ

Not completely on topic, but James Gunn just posted a pic of him {on facebook} bottle feeding a lil baby tigress named apple, It was the cutest thing I have seen in a long long long time.

JustinBB7

Finally saw this last friday, wonder why the Europe release dates were so damn late.

I could rant about it for hours, but in short, it's one of my favorite movies ever, loved every second of it. So good.

the actor playing the blue shirtless dude is awesome. super comic timing

You mean drax?

Zampano

Saw this today. It was great but somehow ended up at a subtitled showing which kind of ruined some of the jokes :-/ Need to keep an eye out when booking in future.

Rocket was great with some really emotional scenes. Just a really solid, fun summer blockbuster.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I just saw the movie, in the car home but I really liked it, I cant help but think they couldnt really show off the true power of drax, ronin and the power the infinity gem with the limitations/budget they had, hopefully they pull out all the stops for the avengers 2 and have it like man of steel level fights

Top Bottom