• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Would also like to bring up that im not familiar with ronin's design in the comics but he looked super badass design-wise in the movie

Tash

Finally saw this last friday, wonder why the Europe release dates were so damn late.

I could rant about it for hours, but in short, it's one of my favorite movies ever, loved every second of it. So good.

You mean drax?

Huh, where are you at? The Release for most countries in Europe was on the same day as the international worldwide release date. I saw it on the first day (and a 2nd time in 3D yesterday).

hwateber

I just saw this again tonight. Still nerded out about how awesome the nova force barricade was. I love when shit like that happens

neorej

ERMYGERD!
b4bb2jS.jpg

Thanks very much!

anteevy

This movie might run in the sneak preview today (in a Cinemaxx in Germany), but the hint for today's movie is:

10608597_701510343236198_2366164679024791382_o.jpg

I can't find any connection between this image and GoTG. Not sure if I'll risk it. Madame Mallory ("The Hundred-Foot Journey") would be the other possible candidate, but I can't find any connections to that one either. Usually the hints are really easy. Anyone have any ideas? :D

neorej

ERMYGERD!
This movie might run in the sneak preview today (in a Cinemaxx in Germany), but the hint for today's movie is:

I can't find any connection between this image and GoTG. Not sure if I'll risk it. Madame Mallory ("The Hundred-Foot Journey") would be the other possible candidate, but I can't find any connections to that one either. Usually the hints are really easy. Anyone have any ideas? :D

My bet is it's Into The Storm.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Yeah, I thought that, too. But that one was in the OV sneak just yesterday, so the chances are slim. Damn. :D

You could just go and when the movie starts stand up shout "THIS IS NOT GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! BOOOOOOOOOOO" and walk out of the theatre.

Fuchs

Someone from Mannheim, too? Great! I'm going to the sneak preview on a regular basis and I'm actually hoping for them showing GoTG, but I thinks it's either this tornado movie or this documentary about the Rhine "Rheingold GESICHTer eines Flusses".

anteevy

Someone from Mannheim, too? Great! I'm going to the sneak preview on a regular basis and I'm actually hoping for them showing GoTG, but I thinks it's either this tornado movie or this documentary about the Rhine "Rheingold GESICHTer eines Flusses".
Hehe, small world. Saal 10 is awesome. :D

Wow, never heard about the Rhine movie, I'm betting it's that one, even though it's not even listed on http://www.score11.de/sneakprognose.php?SPO=Mannheim&SPK=CinemaxX . I'd hoped that it would be GotG because I'm on vacation next week (and it's 10€ less to pay), but well... September it is. :(

anteevy

DAAAAMN. What the hell. :D

As one of them replied in the comments: it was a hint for "Raindrops keep falling on my head" which is from B.J.Thomas, same as "Hooked on a Feeling" in the trailers.

An the hint for 22 Jump Street was "21..22". Yeah.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
DAAAAMN. What the hell. :D

As one of them replied in the comments: it was a hint for "Raindrops keep falling on my head" which is from B.J.Thomas, same as "Hooked on a Feeling" in the trailers.

An the hint for 22 Jump Street was "21..22". Yeah.

That's pretty far fetched, especially since the version they played in the trailers was by Blue Swede.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

just saw it again \o/

TERRIFIC FUN :D Second time around and I was ready to catch all the lines and got all the jokes and the little moments that I had missed the first time around :D

I loved how Rocket's fur on the side of his face was squished when he woke up in KYLN

Awesome attention to details :D

And now to head over to the other thread and read Veelk's big-worded review :>

Rocket is still my favourite! He's just so adorable <3

Tash

I think I am going to see this a third time..gotta help a friend out who hasn't seen it yet. That's my excuse, at least..

JustinBB7

Huh, where are you at? The Release for most countries in Europe was on the same day as the international worldwide release date. I saw it on the first day (and a 2nd time in 3D yesterday).

Well I'm in Holland, but as for what you are saying goes:

Belgium 13 August 2014
Switzerland 13 August 2014 (French speaking region)
France 13 August 2014
Spain 14 August 2014
Netherlands 14 August 2014
Luxembourg 18 August 2014 (Kirchberg & Belval, Luxembourg) (premiere)
Austria 28 August 2014
Germany 28 August 2014
Greece 4 September 2014
Cyprus 5 September 2014
Switzerland 22 October 2014 (Italian speaking region)
Italy 22 October 2014

That's a whole lot of Europe getting it 2 weeks after (or worse) USA.

Firebrand

Saw this last week here in Sweden. Loved it, probably my favorite Marvel movie so far and a much better "Star Wars" than the recent (well, most recent) trilogy.

I saw this last weekend and loved it, but have a complaint about Quill's outfit - his helmet, actually. It seems so out of place compared to the rest of his duds. Maybe it's just being in 2014 and expecting a whole powered set of armor to compliment it, but I don't even have a problem with the occasional comic design of his I've seen posted on GAF that shoots for a more colonial design or anything. I think part of the problem is that in the comic medium, you can play with a character's shapes so that they compliment their full design in every still panel, while the fairly detailed mask-helmet of Star-Lord's in the movie was kind of juxtaposed versus all of the natural curves he had, like in his flowing coat.

Showaddy

I saw this last weekend and loved it, but have a complaint about Quill's outfit - his helmet, actually. It seems so out of place compared to the rest of his duds. Maybe it's just being in 2014 and expecting a whole powered set of armor to compliment it, but I don't even have a problem with the occasional comic design of his I've seen posted on GAF that shoots for a more colonial design or anything. I think part of the problem is that in the comic medium, you can play with a character's shapes so that they compliment their full design in every still panel, while the fairly detailed mask-helmet of Star-Lord's in the movie was kind of juxtaposed versus all of the natural curves he had, like in his flowing coat.

I didn't think his mask looked bad but it does look a bit weird without his helmet and comic outfit. Not a fan of his hair sticking out the top either.
SFCLUjN.jpg

rexor0717

I'm going to guess that Star-Lord will have an outfit upgrade in the sequel.

Yeah, he's severed his ties to the Ravagers so he has no real reason to keep wearing their outfits. I really love the opening scene when he is going trough the dark ruins and you just see the red glowing eyes. The movie is so well put together visually.

Saw it. Didn't like it that much. First half hour is so... weird. Pacing isn't that good, the movie tries way to hard and too many forced slow mo " oh yeah " and other moments. Still many cool parts, bits, idea and visual. So many tons shift from drama to pure comedy to real wtf like they stop caring (space walking part retrieving the girl)... and by the end it was getting better and more enjoyable.

I don't know. I had fun but for every chuckle or laugh there were cringe parts. Avengers never felt forced and pacing was amazing. Everything flowed together. Here, not so much. But major bonus points for outstanding scifi visuals, ship design and space stuff

Showaddy

I just didn't think any of the action was all that good, the main characters weren't that interesting, and the villain sucked. Can't say I'm looking forward to a sequel.

I actually want to see a Turtles sequel.

I can understand not liking the Guardians but Turtles was complete dogshit in every department, if you didn't like Guardians for the reasons you listed I just can't understand why you'd like Bayturtles.

Akainu

I can understand not liking the Guardians but Turtles was complete dogshit in every department, if you didn't like Guardians for the reasons you listed I just can't understand why you'd like Bayturtles.

3 seconds of action from Splinter in Turtles was better than every bit of action in Guardians. I mean the Turtles themselves were at least a bit charming in their own ways to me. I at least liked Groot.

Even Shredders paper thin character was better than anything from Ronin(?).

Showaddy

3 seconds of action from Splinter in Turtles was better than every bit of action in Guardians. I mean the Turtles themselves were at least a bit charming in their own ways to me. I at least liked Groot.

Even Shredders paper thin characterization was better than anything from Ronin(?).

The turtles were absolutely awful; looked, sounded and acted like complete shit. The Guardians were at least likeable.

Shredder managed to be even worse than Ronan even though he's got a shit load of history that any competent writer would have used to make him decent.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Turtles had better action set pieces, but that's pretty much it. I wasn't a fan of April.
I don't think I'd share this opinion because one of the best things about GotG were the set pieces. I love how everything looked and all the locations they were in.

jackdoe

Saw it. Didn't like it that much. First half hour is so... weird. Pacing isn't that good, the movie tries way to hard and too many forced slow mo " oh yeah " and other moments. Still many cool parts, bits, idea and visual. So many tons shift from drama to pure comedy to real wtf like they stop caring (space walking part retrieving the girl)... and by the end it was getting better and more enjoyable.

I don't know. I had fun but for every chuckle or laugh there were cringe parts. Avengers never felt forced and pacing was amazing. Everything flowed together. Here, not so much. But major bonus points for outstanding scifi visuals, ship design and space stuff
The movie's pacing was definitely weird for the first half. It assumed you knew the importance of certain characters (one of whom was in a mid credits scene and not mentioned by name in that particular film) and certain planets. However, after the midway point of the movie and the requisite info dump sequence, everything caught up and the film became more enjoyable.

I don't think I'd share this opinion because one of the best things about GotG were the set pieces. I love how everything looked and all the locations they were in.

I'm referring to the action sets, not the actual locations. I'd put that snow chase scene versus anything in GOTG and probably win.

That being said, while GOTG didn't excel too much in that, it did in everything else.

OldRoutes

The movie's pacing was definitely weird for the first half. It assumed you knew the importance of certain characters (one of whom was in a mid credits scene and not mentioned by name in that particular film) and certain planets. However, after the midway point of the movie and the requisite info dump sequence, everything caught up and the film became more enjoyable.

Yeap, that's how I felt. I felt the first scenes were fast cut together with lots of new characters and foreign names for me to learn. Then it became smoother and way more fun. But until the prison? Too much.

But apparently I was the only one amongst my friends to think that.

I must be simple minded.

Even Shredders paper thin character was better than anything from Ronin(?).

LOL.

Yeap, that's how I felt. I felt the first scenes were fast cut together with lots of new characters and foreign names for me to learn. Then it became smoother and way more fun. But until the prison? Too much.

But apparently I was the only one amongst my friends to think that.

I must be simple minded.

I dunno I think you're just not supposed to care that much. Stuff like the Kree are super important to Marvel canon, just not that important in the movies as yet. The film just kinda expects you to roll with it and not worry about it.

Top Bottom