• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Rnr1224

iZE5faVp5C27F.jpg

Didn't see anyone with this one so ill be taking it! Let me know if I am mistaken. So hyped!

Chad Quandt @QuandtumTheory
Follow
Got to see an early screening of #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy. Highly recommend. Drax is a better character than Superman.

oh snap

v1lla21

Can't wait! The bæ got the tickets already and it's going to be wicked. I am Groot! BTW, what do y'all expect to see in the credits scenes?

Fletcher

I'm not sure if this was talked about, but at the press screenings they didn't show the credit scroll or end teasers that the Marvel movies have. Must be saving it as a big surprise, hopefully, as something big.

I'm super pumped for this movie and can't believe it's only about two weeks away!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Man, I thought if I saw Pratt in this I wouldn't be able to think of him as anything but Andy but boy was I wrong. Guy is awesome.

Showaddy

Do you mean as in character? I'd go with Richard but we'll probably get Sam.

Nah I'm pretty certain we'll get Rich if Nova does turn up, they're gonna want to to recapture that bromance Nova & Starlord had in the comics, not much you can do with a kid character away from Earth.

The GotG iOs game is a side scrolling beat 'em up (actually not bad, btw) with a ton of unlockable characters. Among them are all of Hulk's buddies from Planet Hulk, like Caiera and Meik and etc. Which to me is further evidence that they're going to integrate PH into the MCU, and that GotG is involved.

Also unlockable are all the non-movie Guardians and even a bunch of old schoolers from the 90's comic, so that's pretty cool.

v1lla21

Nah I'm pretty certain we'll get Rich if Nova does turn up, they're gonna want to to recapture that bromance Nova & Starlord had in the comics, not much you can do with a kid character away from Earth.
True. I was just thinking that they'd probably go with the most recent incarnation because the kids know him more than Rich. But then again, kids/ teens didn't know about GotG and my 7 year old cousin is going crazy for it. They could've made him older in the movies by adding 4 more years to his age.

True. I was just thinking that they'd probably go with the most recent incarnation because the kids know him more than Rich. But then again, kids/ teens didn't know about GotG and my 7 year old cousin is going crazy for it. They could've made him older in the movies by adding 4 more years to his age.

The GotG iOs game is a side scrolling beat 'em up (actually not bad, btw) with a ton of unlockable characters. Among them are all of Hulk's buddies from Planet Hulk, like Caiera and Meik and etc. Which to me is further evidence that they're going to integrate PH into the MCU, and that GotG is involved.

Also unlockable are all the non-movie Guardians and even a bunch of old schoolers from the 90's comic, so that's pretty cool.
I would think just the opposite. Video game adaptations for comic book movies typically use characters from the movie or those that are unlikely to be included in future installments so that they don't go against the movie versions. For instance, let's say they wanted to hold off Ronan until GOTG2 but a game used the antihero version of his character. Kids that played the game would be really confused why he suddenly was all evil and the main bad guy.

Showaddy

Yeah but at the end of the day adult males are still the films largest demographic, I mean that's the reason current Peter Parker is played by a 30 year old. Kinda makes sense for cartoons to have a kid character but in terms of drawing at the box office they'll go for adult nova 100%, even if his names not Rich Rider.

Also kid nova will only work if they keep him on earth for most of the film, which goes against what Feige & Gunn have said about expanding the cosmic universe.

Nether!

I kind of hope they do a Kid/teen Nova from Earth.
It would be a Spider-Man style high-school movie without having to use Spider-Man.
Just continuing with the different "genre" aspect.

kurahador

I kind of hope they do a Kid/teen Nova from Earth.
It would be a Spider-Man style high-school movie without having to use Spider-Man.
Just continuing with the different "genre" aspect.

Yeah...because there isn't enough teenager superheroes with homework problems.

v1lla21

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. If they do end up teasing Nova, I think they'll just show a glimpse of the helmet.

Showaddy

Once we learned that they were using the Abnett/Lanning run, shouldn't that have been the most expected situation?

The script was being written before the current Guardians & Nova run even existed so if there were any major plans for Nova then yeah it'd be based of Abnett & Lanning's Rich Rider Nova as well.

Tucah

you speak so well
Man, I really hope there's some sort of Richie hint. That would just be icing on the cake for me.

Conversely, fuck this movie if they hint at goddamn kid Nova.

Top Bottom