• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Corny post credit guess of someone who hasn't seen the movie:

Nova Prime (Glenn Close): We got lucky
Computer voice: This time...
Prime: It's irresponsible to keep relying on a rag tag band of misfits. We need to show the people they can still trust the Nova Corps. But to do that we need...
Computer: Superior power, steered by a superior knowledge

Pan to something like this, revealing the source of the computer voice:
JSyXZd2.jpg

Boom Worldmind and Nova helmet

Fade out:

Flashes of an overwhelming war scene
"Richard it is imperative you pay attention"

Random huge ass explosion

We out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone else doing an MCU "Infinity Stones" mini marathon before GOTG? Here's what I'm planning to watch:

Captain America: The First Avenger (still kinda iffy about this one as the Tesseract isn't really the focus of the film)
The Avengers
Thor: The Dark World
Thinking of reading the comics again, but I also don't want to put any preconceptions into my head (and others, when they ask me).

A week from tonight!
I feel like I'm going to have to get there 2 hours early to get a good seat. There are so few good seats in an Imax theater though. Even a few places off of dead center feels weird.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Anyone else doing an MCU "Infinity Stones" mini marathon before GOTG? Here's what I'm planning to watch:

Captain America: The First Avenger (still kinda iffy about this one as the Tesseract isn't really the focus of the film)
The Avengers

...isn't that kinda how the Red Skull built his entire arsenal...with the tesseract. Could easily skip straight to avengers though.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

The Avengers

well, shit.... i am now

Experien

Watching the Marvel movies before this one seems out of place. It is like...hey here are all these super hero movies and then here is space adventure fun times.

see, what GotG2 needs to be is Thanos fucking destroying the Nova Corps at the top of the movie, and Star-Lord rescuing the Worldmind for Nova Prime

then he's got to find the last remaining Nova Corps - a young, noble recruit from Earth, last name Rider - so he can take the Worldmind and become Nova proper

meanwhile, the Church of Universal Truth has appeared out of nowhere, so Magus is the big bad threat for Nova and the rest of the Guardians to crush whilst Thanos is in hiding, planning to take Earth

Donos

Lol berlin theatre 3/4 full. Go to your previews early guys... Its 18:39 here. Movie starts at 20:00.
Bad stream of red carpet.

Donos

Yeah, fought for the tickets with 6 firefox tabs.

Seems everybody got here fucking early. Seats are still ok but a bit under the middle and 5 seats to the left

Donos

I hope the subtitles are not too huge. Some sad faces here of people coming into the hall and seeing that only the first three rows are still free.

The stream of the red carpet runs at 10-15 fps it seems. And that one the big screen. One hour of this...

Showaddy

Good lord even IndieWire liked it and they publicly despise every Marvel movie.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: Could be the best of the Marvel movies, cos it's (mostly) unlike the other Marvel movies. Flawed, but tons of fun.

Experien

Good lord even IndieWire liked it and they publicly despise every Marvel movie.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: Could be the best of the Marvel movies, cos it's (mostly) unlike the other Marvel movies. Flawed, but tons of fun.

Cause they might not like superhero movies and since this isn't one...you know.

Showaddy

Cause they might not like superhero movies and since this isn't one...you know.

Dunno seemed like there was still plenty of Marvel-ness that they hated lol

That said, GUARDIANS does still have plenty of Marvel DNA (vague Macguffin, rubbish villain, massive flying thing crashing into ground)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
see, what GotG2 needs to be is Thanos fucking destroying the Nova Corps at the top of the movie, and Star-Lord rescuing the Worldmind for Nova Prime

then he's got to find the last remaining Nova Corps - a young, noble recruit from Earth, last name Rider - so he can take the Worldmind and become Nova proper

meanwhile, the Church of Universal Truth has appeared out of nowhere, so Magus is the big bad threat for Nova and the rest of the Guardians to crush whilst Thanos is in hiding, planning to take Earth
I'm speculating that the Nova Corps won't make it past the end of this movie. I expect them to go kaboom either mid-way through this film or as the post-credits scene.

mjc

I'm speculating that the Nova Corps won't make it past the end of this movie. I expect them to go kaboom either mid-way through this film or as the post-credits scene.

Xandar will probably get dominated, opening up the door for Nova and his on board Worldmind to pop up.

Quick

Banned
Church of Universal Truth with ties to Thanos seems like a good villain for GOTG2. Good way to bring in Magus, too.

Xandar will probably get dominated, opening up the door for Nova and his on board Worldmind to pop up.

Sounds like a good setup for a post credit scene to me.
Don't even have to show who is is so they can cast him properly at a later day (assuming he isn't already in the movie in some form or another).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Church of Universal Truth with ties to Thanos seems like a good villain for GOTG2. Good way to bring in Magus, too.
Mixing this with Moondragon/Mantis catalyzing inter-group conflict would be the best way to go.

If they really have balls, a Phyla-Vell-Moondragon relationship would be even more of an interesting dynamic, but then they probably couldn't do Carol Danvers.

Are spoilers allowed in this topic in spoiler tags, or is it all spoilers no matter what in the spoiler thread? Sorry, I'm actually not sure about this as I've seen spoiler tags in here, and I need to know before I comment on that Empire review.

Neoxon

Are spoilers allowed in this topic in spoiler tags, or is it all spoilers no matter what in the spoiler thread? Sorry, I'm actually not sure about this as I've seen spoiler tags in here, and I need to know before I comment on that Empire review.
Technically yes, but I recommend going to the Spoiler Thread regardless.

I think if you are posting spoilers in this thread, it should only be from released trailers and/or the comics.

If you've seen the movie, you should save those comments for the Spoiler thread.

Experien

I'd say if you don't go overboard with spoilertags and you set it up that it is obvious it is a spoiler, you should be fine? Spoiler thread is no spoilertags so...

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Watching the Marvel movies before this one seems out of place. It is like...hey here are all these super hero movies and then here is space adventure fun times.

Except the post credits scene for Thor: The Dark World leads directly into Guardians.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I also feel like Gunn might be hinting at Strange as the post-credits scene, how he mentions it introduces a new "element" into the MCU, which may just be straight up sorcery.

Top Bottom