• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Experien

Except the post credits scene for Thor: The Dark World leads directly into Guardians.

I guess, The Collector is in GotG, about it. As of right now, they don't feel super connected. Of course Avengers 2 and other movies will ground it to earth (I'm so punny!).

Showaddy

I also feel like Gunn might be hinting at Strange as the post-credits scene, how he mentions it introduces a new "element" into the MCU, which may just be straight up sorcery.

Could be Cosmo & Adam Warlock though as well, ones a telepath and the others mystic space Jesus.

Blader

I guess, The Collector is in GotG, about it. As of right now, they don't feel super connected. Of course Avengers 2 and other movies will ground it to earth (I'm so punny!).

It's interesting how Marvel spaced out their future movie seeds this time around. In phase 1, every movie was building towards Avengers. But phase 2 seems to alternate between laying the groundwork for Avengers 2 (IM3, Winter Soldier) and laying the groundwork for Avengers 3 (Dark World, Guardians).

Mah brehs. Today was a good day.

I got a selfie with Chris Pratt.

Was your face like
image.php

Here's another:

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/guardians-galaxy-2014-movie-review/

Marvel is tangentially moving their Cinematic Universe deep into the cosmos with Guardians of the Galaxy, and director James Gunn has definitely created something that seems wholly separate from The Avengers franchise of movies, but different doesn't mean better. In fact, boredom set in early and only a few chuckles here and there sustained me for the duration.

D+

Seeing it Tuesday, hoping for the best.

Wurst

Oh boy. Just out.
You folks have no idea. This movie is fantastic. I've never seen an audience in such laugh-extacy in my life! It was that much fun!

Rocket is amazing. Groot is cute. Everyone rocks. Villains are blah.

Will comment later.

Best marvel flick to date. But different. Some emotions and messages a bit down your throat but still charming

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Interesting that Empire cite's Thanos as an "embarrassment."
I tempered my expectations long ago. From the jump they've been saying Thanos is more looming in the back than actively there. I just hope that it's more than one or two scenes even if
the total runtime of Thanos on screen is so short
(Empire Review spoiler)

I don't blame them necessarily though, it's been a while since the Avengers and I guess people are itching to see more of Thanos. It's part Marvel's responsibility to make sure they build that character rather than just drop him down after a few hints and expect everyone to orgasm.

Seems like the reviews consistently mention the villains as the weak point.

Which can be good or bad. In a movie like Thor where the main characters are safely established, the lack of a compelling antagonist in the sequel was a big letdown.

In a movie like Guardians where Gunn has to split his focus between introducing so many cosmic elements to the MCU, introducing all these characters and villains, and bringing them together as a team worth rooting for, I don't mind if the villains take a backseat.

I just hope Ronan isn't the caricature he seems to be from the trailers and that they don't just kill him off and neuter future development. He deserves a lot more than that and Pace is a great casting choice for some of his more iconic moments, which I hope he gets to act out later in another installment.

Top Bottom