• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Which can be good or bad. In a movie like Thor where the main characters are safely established, the lack of a compelling antagonist in the sequel was a big letdown.

In a movie like Guardians where Gunn has to split his focus between introducing so many cosmic elements to the MCU, introducing all these characters and villains, and bringing them together as a team worth rooting for, I don't mind if the villains take a backseat.

I just hope Ronan isn't the caricature he seems to be from the trailers and that they don't just kill him off and neuter future development. He deserves a lot more than that.
I completely agree with you. In fact I prefer it in the case of something like Guardians.

TBH I'm still not on board with Ronan completely. I don't really like his look, it lacks the nobility and he just looks one dimensionally evil. I'm more used to him in the comics recently though, reading up on wiki it seems like he was initially introduced with that sort of temperament. Perhaps there are more political overtones in the film though.

I have a quick request.

Can anyone provide a rundown of which of the 4 Infinity gems we've seen in the MCU so far.

Cap 1 = Tessearct = ??
The Avengers = Loki's Staff = ??
Thor 2 = The Aether = ??
GotG = The Purple Orb = ??

which of the 6 stones are those supposed to be?

mreddie

Sorry about the stupid expression. It was so sudden!

IMG_20140724_185044414_zps96ec734a.jpg~320x480

IMG_20140724_185455756_zpsbb414c5f.jpg~320x480

You son of a bitch!

mreddie

I have a quick request.

Can anyone provide a rundown of which of the 4 Infinity gems we've seen in the MCU so far.

Cap 1 = Tessearct = ??
Thor 2 = The Aether = ??

The Orb is confirmed to be Power.

I have a quick request.

Cap 1 = Tessearct = ??
Thor 2 = The Aether = ??

I don't know if there is a definitive source on any of this. But I guess:

Tesseract - Space? (Not blue, but it opens portals through space)
Loki's Sceptre - Mind? Soul? Reality? It can control people with "heart" and apparently it can grant powers to someone like the Twins
Aether - Power? (it's red and was literally the source of the Dark Elve's power)
Orb - Reality? Space? We've seen a lot of purple in the GOTG promo material and that kinda makes sense for the setting of the film.

Edit: Whoop nevermind I do remember either Feige or Gunn confirming GOTG's orb to be the Power gem/stone as pointed out above. Makes me wonder what the Aether was supposed to be, because that was a dead ringer for what I would expect the "Power" stone to do.

I have a quick request.

Cap 1 = Tessearct = ??
Thor 2 = The Aether = ??

I don't know if they've all been confirmed but I'm pretty sure

Cap 1 = Tessearct = Space gem (You saw the space portal it opened with Red Skull)
The Avengers = Loki's Staff = Mind gem (He used it for mind control)
Thor 2 = The Aether = I originally thought power gem but they confirmed the orb to be power, so I'll say this is Soul
GotG = The Purple Orb = Power gem

So while I was at work for 13 hours, Droid got selfies with Burt Macklin and the most attractive man in the world.

I need to sort my priorities out.

Droids needn't work.

Are you lebanese?

The power of the phone camera. It makes celebrities look like normal people

Nope, half Iranian and half Finnish :)

yo Thor is there?

Angela in the end credits confirmed

Whedon was there too and he had a cane for some reason. Guess he injured himself on set.

I have a quick request.

Cap 1 = Tessearct = ??
Thor 2 = The Aether = ??

To me:

Cap 1 = Tessearct = Reality Gem?
The Avengers = Loki's Staff = Mind Gem
Thor 2 = The Aether = Power Gem
GotG = The Purple Orb = Space Gem?

J10

Banned
I don't know if they've all been confirmed but I'm pretty sure

Cap 1 = Tessearct = Space gem (You saw the space portal it opened with Red Skull)
The Avengers = Loki's Staff = Mind gem (He used it for mind control)
Thor 2 = The Aether = I originally thought power gem but they confirmed the orb to be power, so I'll say this is Soul
GotG = The Purple Orb = Power gem

Loki's staff and the Tesseract are both blue. Both of them aren't gems, only the cube. This will be confirmed for you when you see Guardians. Six different colored gems.

Cap 1 = Tessearct = Space?
The Avengers = Loki's Staff = Mind?
Thor 2 = The Aether = Reality?
GotG = The Purple Orb = Power

and if The Purple Orb is power, then they really got the colors all mixed up in the MCU
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Gems

Pretty similar to my list, I agree on all but I'm up in the air about Aether. I really though it was power until I saw they confirmed the GOTG orb to be power.

What did the Aether do in Thor 2 aside from make Malekith super strong, and protect Jane/itself from harm? Doesn't seem to line up with Soul or Reality to be honest...

Loki's staff and the Tesseract are both blue. Both of them aren't gems, only the cube. This will be confirmed for you when you see Guardians. Six different colored gems.

Oh ok, thanks. So the staff isn't one at all - interesting. Many people assumed so after the Cap post credits scene.

mreddie

What about the rumor
the staff is the reason Scarlet and Quicksilver get their powers?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Seems like Reality is the best bet for the Aether then. I guess the Space Gem is the only one we have confirmed as being the Tesseract.

J10

Banned
What about the rumor
the staff is the reason Scarlet and Quicksilver get their powers?

That might have been heavily implied, but it doesn't mean it's one of the gems. It's something else. And honestly, if Loki had two gems and still couldn't win, that's just pathetic.

I just got my wisdom teeth pulled out and I'm bleeding and it hurts and my mouth is all jacked up but even that can't contain my hype for guardians of the galaxy

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just got my wisdom teeth pulled out and I'm bleeding and it hurts and my mouth is all jacked up but even that can't contain my hype for guardians of the galaxy
After I got my wisdom teeth taken out, I pretty much went the next day to see Watchmen.

Not the most pleasant experience I will say, specially if you still need ice D;

Wurst

I'm heading to the spoiler thread now. A short semi-spoiler about thanos
he's lame. I think he looks stupid and he doesn't do much

Donos

Very nice. No dragging parts. Only one tiny con is that the facial expression of the villian were not that good sometimes. Finale was very good. Glad i could see it with original dub.

NWaSoKb.jpg

Off to the spoiler thread.

Top Bottom