• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Is he CGI or makeup? I always pictured him being CGI in this but wondering if they manage to pull off convincing practical effects.

From what we've heard he is CGI but takes some cues from Josh Brolin's unique look, much like Hulk in Avengers had some recognizable aspects of Mark Ruffalo in his design.

lol that RT page. Full of good reviews, then at the very bottom "this looks like a slap to the face to all Marvel fans"

Internet cynics are the best.

J10

Banned
Hmm, i just youtubed the credit scene again and he looked like that to me. Maybe it's not 100 % but he's not majorly different. Why should he?

Lighter shade of purple, different skin texture. Also that was an actual person in makeup in Avengers whereas...

From what we've heard he is CGI but takes some cues from Josh Brolin's unique look, much like Hulk in Avengers had some recognizable aspects of Mark Ruffalo in his design.

... here he is CG, but there's a bit of Josh Brolin in there - the nose and eyes. His chin is super wide. He does look a bit cartoony - but he looks damn cool. You'll see all of him.

Donos

Lighter shade of purple, different skin texture. Also that was an actual person in makeup in Avengers whereas...

... here he is CG, but there's a bit of Josh Brolin in there - the nose and eyes. His chin is super wide. He does look a bit cartoony - but he looks damn cool. You'll see all of him.

Well, last time i saw Avengers was 7 month ago and then i should notice these little changes? He looks mostly like in the credit scene and it think that is what the question was. Scene is also rath0er short.

I did not see him. Must be post-credits

Thanos
you see him full frontal. He talks. He's cg. You can tell its cg. I just dont like his face. He looks ugly.

I mean, your opinion is totally valid and all, but is Thanos ever supposed to be a dashing gentleman? :p

I'm really excited to see for myself though, Thanos is one of the most fascinating characters in comics to me and I just want so badly, more than anything in the MCU, to see him treated right.

Wurst

I mean, your opinion is totally valid and all, but is Thanos ever supposed to be a dashing gentleman? :p

I'm really excited to see for myself though, Thanos is one of the most fascinating characters in comics to me and I just want so badly, more than anything in the MCU, to see him treated right.

its not about handsome. His design was bad. I can't put my finger on it. He just stuck out as pretty lame.

farisr

I'm glad I have stuff to do next week to keep me occupied, but I have the entire day off for the 31st. It'll be a tough day before I get in the theatre.

Just reserved a seat for the 7pm show on the 31st (I think this may very well be the first movie I watch the first show for, I have gone on opening night, but never the first show). Thanks to reserved seating, don't have to worry about getting their hours in advance.

Really going to have to try to distract myself with other things before then, as I have the entire day off as well.

Sorry about the stupid expression. It was so sudden!

IMG_20140724_185044414_zps96ec734a.jpg~320x480

IMG_20140724_185455756_zpsbb414c5f.jpg~320x480
What? No Chris Evans for the hat trick?

TEJ

I know that people laughed at me, but i'm sticking with it. This movie is going to be huge boxoffice-wise. Higher than the winter soldier which sits pretty at 711 million.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yeah I've thought it'll be a big surprise money wise too.

People saying they like it better than Avengers, so that is a good sign.

Neoxon

I know that people laughed at me, but i'm sticking with it. This movie is going to be huge boxoffice-wise. Higher than the winter soldier which sits pretty at 711 million.
While those numbers aren't impossible, they're a bit too high for a new property, even with the Marvel brand & it being in the MCU.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's weird to me is that I haven't really seen trailers get such a positive reaction in theatres before, even including franchises people are already attached to or aware of. In fact, that may be why people just pass them off as another x or y.

I expected a lot of "wtf did I just watch" but it's always "whoa that looks cool" or "that looks interesting to watch." I guess there's something super charismatic or alluring about it that even breaks through people's expectations of a Marvel film.

What's weird to me is that I haven't really seen trailers get such a positive reaction in theatres before, even including franchises people are already attached to or aware of.

I dunno about that. I remember TDK trailer in front of I am legend which got everybody in the theater legit shook

Top Bottom