• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Really fancy a cool GoTG tee to wear when I go see it, but doubt any of the shirt sites would send it in time because they're american.

Quick

Banned
Keeping things fancy. I don't expect the RT and Metacritic ratings to stick permanently, so I'll do a few more updates as more reviews come in and the ratings begin to stabilize.

i1V6yDSP6PuGD.png

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
First time I've booked tickets online, do I just go to one of them machines and enter details to receive tickets?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, a friend of mine saw this tonight at a sneak preview. I didn't see it sadly, but holy shit he couldn't stop gushing about it. He actually thinks it's Marvel's best movie yet. And he's liked all of the other Marvel films but been a tad critical about a few of them, but he is giddy with glee after having seen GotG. He described it as a cross between the best Star Wars film and Firefly.

He said he enjoyed it even better than CA:TWS.

I mean, I'm expecting a great movie, but o_O.

I fucking LOVED The Winter Soldier....

I'm gonna have to ignore him until next Friday now...

It seems like most of GAF wants or expects every Marvel movie to flop and they're wrong every single time lol.

All I'm saying is avengers 2 will totally flop. I think people are tired of Joss Whedon.

kidding. I love you Whedon. Get Angel or Spike to be cameos in Avengers 2 though.

GPsych

It's not looking good for people that wanted this to flop.

There are GAFers who actually WANT this to flop? I can understand them expecting it to flop (even though they are wrong), but actually wanting it to flop seems like a waste of emotional energy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm not ready to call it a hit yet, isn't this around the time we get projections about how well it's charting and stuff?

Nelo Ice

Banned
There are GAFers who actually WANT this to flop? I can understand them expecting it to flop (even though they are wrong), but actually wanting it to flop seems like a waste of emotional energy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470005

I expect there to be a similar crow eating once GOTG does well.

I'm not ready to call it a hit yet, isn't this around the time we get projections about how well it's charting and stuff?

It's tracking for $60 mil or more.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/guardians-of-the-galaxy-summer-box-office-boost/

Cap 1 = Tessearct = Space?
The Avengers = Loki's Staff = Mind?
Thor 2 = The Aether = Reality?
GotG = The Purple Orb = Power

and if The Purple Orb is power, then they really got the colors all mixed up in the MCU
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Gems

I'm pretty sure this is it. We know the orb is power and the tesseract is space. Mind makes the most sense for a mind-control weapon, and the aether was going to be used to plunge all of reality into darkness. It was super, super powerful. It has to be reality.

I'm pretty sure this is it. We know the orb is power and the tesseract is space. Mind makes the most sense for a mind-control weapon, and the aether was going to be used to plunge all of reality into darkness. It was super, super powerful. It has to be reality.

According to people who've seen GOTG, it dispels the notion that the staff is an infinity gem.

So we still only know of 3 so far - Tesseract, Aether, and Orb

According to people who've seen GOTG, it dispels the notion that the staff is an infinity gem.

So we still only know of 3 so far - Tesseract, Aether, and Orb

Ahh, well. That's interesting. I wonder when mind will show up? Probably AoU, I bet it's what Hydra uses to control Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

GPsych

They still have plenty of movies til Avengers 3 to fit in the last three infinity gems.

Given that Ant-Man is supposed to be about a heist to save the planet, I would assume an Infinity Stone is likely the target of said heist. Although, that would place two Infinity Stones on Earth which I thought the galactic movers and shakers were trying to avoid.

Given that Ant-Man is supposed to be about a heist to save the planet, I would assume an Infinity Stone is likely the target of said heist. Although, that would place two Infinity Stones on Earth which I thought the galactic movers and shakers were trying to avoid.

I'm almost certain we will see a stone in the Dr. Strange movie.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Earth doesn't have any right now. Unless you mean the Tessaract, it could be that they thought the Earth was a good hiding place due to it's lack of advancement compared with the rest of the galaxy.

Rnr1224

Really fancy a cool GoTG tee to wear when I go see it, but doubt any of the shirt sites would send it in time because they're american.

I'm in the same boat. I've yet to find a good one of the team or of star-lord's mask. Ill keep looking around and post anything that catches my eye.

Rnr1224

I've always wondered.

Can you just ask for theaters for like posters they're done using? For free? I mean, they're just going to throw them out anyway right?

My local non-imax theater gives away the posters but the employees get first picks and usually take all of the good ones anyways.

It's been a lame summer, it's going to be 'hit'. I'll judge it more on the legs it has. I think this will be the kind of movie that keeps picking people up.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I've always wondered.

Can you just ask for theaters for like posters they're done using? For free? I mean, they're just going to throw them out anyway right?
After the GOTG preview my theater had transformers IMAX posters and were just giving then out to whoever wanted one.

Xevren

I've always wondered.

You can ask but it varies. Usually employees will get all the good stuff which is fine, since they're getting shit pay as it is.

Top Bottom