• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

I'm having a total mind-blank. Has every MCU movie except IM3 teased the next movie? It wouldn't be unprecedented, but maybe GOTG doesn't have a AOU teaser. I sure hope it does though :(

They tease the next related movie. Thor 2 teased GOTG, for example. Cap 2 teased Avengers 2. IM3 was just Tony trolling Banner

Edit: Oh god Wurst you have no idea how much I want to click that white rectangle right now

Credits scene possibilities (I don't care what Gunn or Feige have said):

- (Richard Rider) Nova
- Age of Ultron trailer/teaser scene
- Captain Marvel
- Doctor Strange
- Black Panther

Now for a shot wayyyy into the Dark: Shang Chi.

Shang-Chi_(Earth-616)_from_Marvel_War_of_Heroes_001.jpg

Koriandrr

!!!! Movie Ending Spoiler !!!!
How
would Richard Rider fit when there's no Nova force at all? I can see it being related to The Collector and the explosion. Cosmo talking? Adam Warlock hatching?
!!!! Movie Ending Spoiler !!!!

But
they never explained what the Nova Corps are exactly. For people who haven't read the comics these are just some space police dudes called Nova Corps for reasons unknown with fancy looking star-shaped space shuttles. They need to explain that at some point or another.

I thought he meant the next movie in the universe, sorry.

Oh gotcha, that makes sense.

It kinda does though by showing that Bucky is beginning to remember and is searching for his path. He'll definitely have a big role in Cap 3 I think. So damn excited for it.

TEJ

Oh gotcha, that makes sense.

It kinda does though by showing that Bucky is beginning to remember and is searching for his path. He'll definitely have a big role in Cap 3 I think. So damn excited for it.

by next movie I meant guardians of the galaxy

but yeah TWS was the bees knees and if the russo brothers are back I can see the next cap being the best one.

Something else worth noting:

So with what seems to be the potential success of this movie (even before the reviews and whatnot came in, it seemed like it was going to do ok/not flop), is anything off limits in terms of Marvel?

I could see them justifying it in their head to hurl out their more niche properties to build them up more. After this madness, they could hurl out anything. Anything!

So with what seems to be the potential success of this movie (even before the reviews and whatnot came in, it seemed like it was going to do ok/not flop), is anything off limits in terms of Marvel?

I could see them justifying it in their head to hurl out their more niche properties to build them up more. After this madness, they could hurl out anything. Anything!

I remember the phrase "power pack" being tossed around.

Except a minority or female lead of course.
Edit: my bet for the GOTG teaser is either Nova, Adam Warlock, or some hint as to how GOTG will tie back to the Avengers.

TEJ

Tigra? I can't see them using a half tiger half woman in their avengers movies.

but then again who knows, if this is successful as I think it will be maybe nothing marvel will be off limits

I remember the phrase "power pack" being tossed around.

Oh christ. If they go after the kid demographic too (I think that's how Power Pack skews now), it's all over.

Except a minority or female lead of course.

Do you really think one of those isn't on the table here?

but then again who knows, if this is successful as I think it will be maybe nothing marvel will be off limits

I could see them keeping the crazy shit to Cosmic Marvel, but beyond that, the MCU could get mad weird with the expansion that's going on

Damage Control single camera sitcom.

You're welcome.

"'Guardians of the Galaxy' relaxes Marvel's seriousness, but not enough"

Haha, Marvel Studios are actually known for making superhero movies that are more comedic than the rest of the industry's.

Oh christ. If they go after the kid demographic too (I think that's how Power Pack skews now), it's all over.

Do you really think one of those isn't on the table here?

I could see them keeping the crazy shit to Cosmic Marvel, but beyond that, the MCU could get mad weird with the expansion that's going on
I think we'll get Dr. Strange, Nova, and Hulk before Captain Marvel or Black Panther.

marrec

Banned

Haha, Marvel Studios are actually known for making superhero movies that are more comedic than the rest of the industry's.

Marvel is also kind of known for taking it's Superhero movies VERY SERIOUSLY despite all the silliness... which is kind of why they're so awesome.

That does get tiring though after 3 Iron Man movies... it'll be refreshing to have the mockery of it all in some proper Cosmic marvel.

hydruxo

Yeah that headline is dumb. Wonder what that guy would say about DC's superhero movies then haha.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i really hope the MCU doesn't go with power back over captain marvel & black panther

i will flip so many tables

I thought he meant the next movie in the universe, sorry.

Nope you nailed exactly what I meant. I'm so off today that I thought Thor 2 was the last MCU movie before Guardians. I loooved Cap 2, so I have no idea how I forgot about it. Well, since it teased Age of Ultron, I firmly believe the GOTG after-credits scene will have nothing to do with it.

Ahhhhhhhh, screening passes became available for Columbus, Ohio on Wednesday and they were gone in like two minutes :( Ugh. Well, more reason to see it in IMAX lol.

TEJ

"I've got an army"

"We have a Hulk."

we're the fucking guardians of the galaxy

when things are at their worst, we do our best

You have a skrull army? We have a groot.

We have a pint sized one raccoon army

We have a maniac who is quite good at slicing things up

We have an assassin who is the best at what she does

and you've managed to piss them all off.

Oh, and there's another person you managed to piss off
his name is star-lord

we're the fucking guardians of the galaxy

when things are at their worst, we do our best

You have a skrull army? We have a groot.

We have a pint sized one raccoon army

We have a maniac who is quite good at slicing things up

We have an assassin who is the best at what she does

and you've managed to piss them all off.

Oh, and there's another person you managed to piss off
his name is star-lord

200.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
really considering taking the 2 hour drive to slovenia to see it later this week.
the 4 week wait (and german dub, yuk) is killing me!

awesome reviews so far, so pumped

Just stay away from Kolosej cinemas, go into Cineplex ;)

mmitt

Just stay away from Kolosej cinemas, go into Cineplex ;)

thanks for the tip. Kolosej cinemas are oddly enough the only ones google suggested. Very good to know there are cineplexx theaters around, they're pretty good in carinthia aswell.

thankfully the site is exactly the same too, so making online reservations should be a lot easier :)

Dalek

Dammit-I need something to quench my thirst for this movie! Winter Soldier isn't even out on Blu Ray yet.

FUCKING THING SUCKS!

PopeReal

I see that it is down to 96% on rotten tomatoes because of one guy.

But the film is terribly overstuffed and many of the jokes get drowned out by the special effects. Presumably awaiting meatier work sequels to come, fine actors like Glenn Close, John C. Reilly and Benicio Del Toro come and go with just a few lines. (How can a movie seeking humor in outer space not utilize Reilly?)

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/movies/268896031.html

Is he getting interneted by the internet yet?

Top Bottom