• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Neoxon

Wait, something just occured to me. GotG is currently tracking at $80 million for its opening, & box office numbers tend to be $10-$20 million higher. Unless that boost was already accounted for, the opening is gonna be insane.

Wait, something just occured to me. GotG is currently tracking at $80 million for its opening, & box office numbers tend to be $10-$20 million higher. Unless that boost was already accounted for, the opening is gonna be insane.

An August opening of 100 mil+? No way, man

TEJ

I don't like being smug, but many people laughed at my prediction and I really don't like being laughed at.

So, I have this big self satisfying grin on my face.

Dalek

I see that it is down to 96% on rotten tomatoes because of one guy.

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/movies/268896031.html

Is he getting interneted by the internet yet?

giphy-14_20140428-081356_1.gif

TEJ

I've already got my IMAX tickets for Thursday at 7pm, & I'll more than likely see the movie again.

I have the printout that I can redeem for the ticket, so I should be good to go right?

I don't know if I will watch it again in theaters, I want to but i have to prepare for going back to college.

Neoxon

I have the printout that I can redeem for the ticket, so I should be good to go right?

I don't know if I will watch it again in theaters, I want to but i have to prepare for going back to college.
The print-out should suffice. My college is an hour away, so I'm in no big rush to prepare.

Winter Soldier already proved that Marvel can release a movie whenever they damn well please & still print money. If GotG is as big as these projections make it out to be......my god.

What? No way man. I mean, Winter Soldier came out in April, right? How'd they do?

Captain America: The Winter Soldier made $10.2 million in Thursday night showings, more than double the midnight gross of its predecessor.[139][140] It set an April single-day[141] ($36.9 million)[142] and April opening-weekend record ($95.0 million).

...Sweet mary mother of god.

I'm on board for $85 mil. That's a healthy increase over Bourne Ultimatum. I don't see it cracking 100 mil since Winter Soldier didn't. That being said...

lmpaler

My daughter and I will be seeing this Saturday. She is 6, but she wants to see it. Hopefully it keeps her entertained, I am sure I will be watching it from what I hear

I'm really glad to see the movie doing so well. Back when it was announced, so many people jumped on Marvel, yet look at it now. This can only mean good things for other, more obscure properties. If done right, they can make money and Marvel will be more willing to take risks, which is great.

PopeReal

He's got a good point about Reilly though. It better utilize him to the fullest. No one should be "internetted" for wanting that.

Jesus.

I don't think anyone should, it was just a question.

And I think that point may well turn out true, I will find out later this week. But that gripe alone isn't worth a negative review, if the rest of the movie is "bloated" as he claims then fair enough.

Dabanton

Any UK gaffers Cineworld has just opened their box office for this. I just booked 2 perfect middle seats for a friday 3D performance.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
SWEET. I now have my tickets for Thursday night at 7 PM in a Big D theater!

Now I only have to wait three more days.....

I think Annihilation + Annihilation Conquest for $39.99?

Is that just the limited series for each, or the entire run including all the other lead up series? If it includes all the other series that were part of the storylines, then BUY BUY BUY! Sweet christ, that is a good price for all that. If it is only the 6 issues series for each, then the price is not as good obviously.

SykoTech

Ah, I remember back in 2011 when Ultimate Marvel 3 got leaked and nobody knew what the hell a Rocket Raccoon or Guardian of the Galaxy was.

Come a long way.

Pop

Got my tickets for the Thursday 10pm showing. Soooo hyped for this, my pants get tighter just thinking about it.

Top Bottom