• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Neoxon

I remember when the first trailer came out & BlackNerd siad that if this movie succeeds, Marvel can legally print money.

Looks like that's gonna happen, & I don't mind one bit.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Must avoid spoilers

1310247277001_1700354a.gif

Grimsen

Ominous spoiler text followed by an animated gif. Gee, I wonder what you're discussing.

You guys are not being very subtle and should take it to the spoiler thread.

Ominous spoiler text followed by an animated gif. Gee, I wonder what you're discussing.

You guys are not being very subtle and should take it to the spoiler thread.

Hey man. I hate spoilers, but the gif and the question have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

I think he posted it as a "thank you", but yeah. I think you're reading into stuff too much (I do this all the time when spoiler-wary)

Grimsen

Hey man. I hate spoilers, but the gif and the question have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

I think he posted it as a "thank you", but yeah. I think you're reading into stuff too much (I do this all the time when spoiler-wary)

I'm freaking out here, man

if it makes you happy I edited it out

Thanks for that, but I'm probably going insane.

My girlfriend wants to see this. I dragged her to the Imax preview, and now she's super into seeing it day one. She's the type that just isn't into sci-fi and superheroes. My hype is contagious .

TEJ

Thanks for that, but I'm probably going insane.

My girlfriend wants to see this. I dragged her to the Imax preview, and now she's super into seeing it day one. She's the type that just isn't into sci-fi and superheroes. My hype is contagious .

trust me when I say that you're not the only person going nutty

I predicted a 800 million box office revenue for this movie a week before the high estimates rolled in AND I predicted that the RT score would be so good that it goes above 100 percent

DarkFlow

Banned
trust me when I say that you're not the only person going nutty

I predicted a 800 million box office revenue for this movie a week before the high estimates rolled in AND I predicted that the RT score would be so good that it goes above 100 percent

I still don't think this is going to happen. You don't get that high now days unless china goes nuts for it. I still think it will be in high $500 to $600 million range.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I still don't think this is going to happen. You don't get that high now days unless china goes nuts for it. I still think it will be in high $500 to $600 million range.
I think China is a big reason both Avengers and Iron Man 3 did what they did, don't think it will literally account for half of the revenue though.

Sounds like the Singapore premiere was nuts, so maybe Asian territories really are geeked about it coming out.

TEJ

captain america tws made over 700 million in fricken april

and that's a movie with 'america' in the title starring a patriotic superhero.

okay, it did help that the winter soldier was a great movie but even so....

J10

Banned
This movie out-grossing Spider-Man and Superman would just be stupid.

That would mean that this existence is not the primary continuity and that our real selves exist in another universe.

DarkFlow

Banned
I think China is a big reason both Avengers and Iron Man 3 did what they did, don't think it will literally account for half of the revenue though.

Sounds like the Singapore premiere was nuts, so maybe Asian territories really are geeked about it coming out.

Well China has paid $300 million for TF4, more then even the US. So they could do it pretty easy if they like something. I think it will be about $200 million in the US, with about $150 from China, and another $150 from the rest of the world.

It was also a sequel with a popular avenger in it.

TEJ

i'm not completely serious when I say that this movie will gross over 800 million, but, it would be very nice.

I've been staying out of this thread cause I don't wanna be spoiled, but I'm hoping for a real successful opening weekend.

I'M TOO HYPED.

I originally had eight people coming along, but life hit and most of them dropped out, leaving maybe two or three others coming with when I go?

Which sucks, but since I was buying the tickets, my wallet is grateful.

Dai101

Banned

Also helps that the character is totally the opposite of what the word asociates with america.

DarkFlow

Banned
Please explain this to me, I want in

HSX.com It's free, just sign up and start making trades on movies. It's pretty fun if you like that kinda stuff. I started a week ago, and my first major bet was Lucy was going to open big, and I netted a cool 300K being right.

Top Bottom