• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

But was there a cocoon?

10647965873_d12b86c786_z.jpg

Showaddy

Calling the credit scene guys. Adam Warlock rides Cosmo across the screen before bro-fisting Rich Rider and making out with Mantis. Vance Astro then flies through a window with Cap's shield in one hand and Jack Flag in the other.

Guardians 2 - 2017.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GotG Press Conference in UK.

This is pretty cool of a watch, since I know you guys are all thirsting for anything Guardians. They make a lot of jokes and really cool ideas about different scenarios the Guardians would find themselves in. Hilarious stuff from Pratt especially.

dead @
Lionel Ritchie stuff

farisr

This is pretty cool of a watch, since I know you guys are all thirsting for anything Guardians. They make a lot of jokes and really cool ideas about different scenarios the Guardians would find themselves in. Hilarious stuff from Pratt especially.

dead @
Lionel Ritchie stuff

Cool. It's funny that everyday, I find myself looking for stuff like this to get a fix (without actually spoiling the movie). That hype man...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Been watching some Disney Infinity interviews and it sounds like those guys got to read the GotG script early before they started to fashion the characters. Maybe there's more to this Ms. Marvel cameo than we thought? Showing up in two different Marvel games within weeks of the GotG movie release? #believe

kirblar

Been watching some Disney Infinity interviews and it sounds like those guys got to read the GotG script early before they started to fashion the characters. Maybe there's more to this Ms. Marvel cameo than we thought? Showing up in two different Marvel games within weeks of the GotG movie release? #believe
Yeah, I think she's the post-credit sequence and is probably in GotG2.

Neoxon

She's probably gonna be in the second wave of Marvel characters this year, compatible with both the Avengers & GotG playsets. The Disney Infinity guys at the Marvel Games panel already said the X-Men aren't the focus, so I wouldn't expect anyone from that franchise beyond maybe Wolverine if we're lucky. And with Ant-Man as a Team-Up Power Disc, the only ones left that could get in are Carol, Dr. Strange, teenage USM Luke Cage, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, & Ultron.

Gartooth

Kind of a blunder if Disney Infinity just spoiled the post-credits tease.
Still going to predict it is Adam Warlock awakening from his cocoon.

Showaddy

Yeah, I think she's the post-credit sequence and is probably in GotG2.

To be fair she's also in the current Guardians comic run and they chucked Iron Man into all the merch when he was in the comic before. Carol Danvers really is an Earth character rather than a cosmic one at this point.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
To be fair she's also in the current Guardians comic run and they chucked Iron Man into all the merch when he was in the comic before. Carol Danvers really is an Earth character rather than a cosmic one at this point.
The way I look at it, every other character is attached to something they're pushing heavily in non-comic mediums:

- The Avengers film series
- Spider-Man Animated Series
- Guardians of the Galaxy film

Maybe Captain Marvel is a prominent part of the new animated series (not a stretch either, by any means).

Quick

Banned
I'm briefly going through Iron Man 1 and one tiny interesting line from Jarvis:

"Perhaps, if you intend to visit other planets, we should improve the exosystem."

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm briefly going through Iron Man 1 and one tiny interesting line from Jarvis:

"Perhaps, if you intend to visit other planets, we should improve the exosystem."
Starboost/Gemini, brah.

Iron_Man_3_Concept_Art_Gemini_JoshNizzi.jpg

Probably the best looking Iron Legion suit with the least screentime.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

dead @
Lionel Ritchie stuff

Feels like we're present at the birth of a movie star. It's not like people didn't know who Pratt was, but I feel as though after this movie comes out, people will be going to movies because he's in them.

I have yet to see Community and this is my first real exposure to him.

Gartooth

The way I look at it, every other character is attached to something they're pushing heavily in non-comic mediums:

- The Avengers film series
- Spider-Man Animated Series
- Guardians of the Galaxy film

Maybe Captain Marvel is a prominent part of the new animated series (not a stretch either, by any means).

Yeah, I don't believe she's just a random inclusion. If it isn't movies then she will show up in a TV show. Comic book popularity means little to the primary audience for this game. We're probably going to see War Machine, Falcon, and Winter Soldier before the likes of Wolverine, Deadpool, and Human Torch.

Don't really care about Disney Infinity though, just really curious about Carol's appearance in it.

DarkFlow

Banned
Feels like we're present at the birth of a movie star. It's not like people didn't know who Pratt was, but I feel as though after this movie comes out, people will be going to movies because he's in them.

I have yet to see Community and this is my first real exposure to him.

That's because he's on Parks & Rec. :p

Blerg. Can't watch this in IMAX 3D until next Tuesday but the theater this is at is about an hour drive away BUT they do $5 Tues days which includes IMAX all day. Then I found out my local theater has a 7:00 pm showing on Thursday which works for me because a midnight would be too late as I'd get up at 4am Friday for work. It's also more expensive. I honestly would be totally okay watching the movie twice (because it'll probably happen anyway) but I'd like for my first time to be in IMAX 3D. DUNNO THIS IS TOUGH.

luxarific

Nork unification denier

anaron

I don't know. I thought his explanation of why they did it was pretty persuasive. It's really not a good idea for pregnant women to be around cat feces. Also, they didn't put the cat down, which they easily could have done. It's still alive and in a good home.

He shouldn't have done it via Twitter initially though - way too small a space
Except, he and Anna Faris are rich though. They are in a position to be able to easily afford to pay for an animal caregiver to look after their cat for them instead of giving the poor thing away on twitter like it's some family heirloom.

Not to mention, Pratt got a dog like right after.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Except, he and Anna Faris are rich though. They are in a position to be able to easily afford to pay for an animal caregiver to look after their cat for them instead of giving the poor thing away on twitter like it's some family heirloom.

So dude decided to get a dog and only wanted 1 pet. Having money doesn't mean you have to be a crazy cat starlord.

A buddy of mine who is only mildly into comics and stuff hit me up after I was going off about it while we were drinking and was like
"I have to see this movie. The trailers look amazing..."

Hype

Quick

Banned

Switching over to reality now:

Giving his cat away to a "loving family" is probably for the best with his situation at the time. Pregnant wife and all.

Making light of it on Twitter probably wasn't the best idea, though.

There's also a difference between "easily" spending money and "smartly". The two don't necessarily intersect.

anaron

So dude decided to get a dog and only wanted 1 pet. Having money doesn't mean you have to be a crazy cat starlord.
They have 3 dogs. I don't want to derail the thread any further but I don't really understand how anyone could offer their old cat away on twitter to random strangers; more so when you're rich and married to someone also rich with resources granted to them most people aren't afforded.

It you are in any realistically able way to take of someone you love, you usually find a way to do so.

Top Bottom