• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Quick

Banned
They have 3 dogs. I don't want to derail the thread any further but I don't really understand how anyone could offer their old cat away on twitter to random strangers; more so when you're rich and married to someone also rich with resources granted to them most people aren't afforded.

Giving pets away to random strangers is totally unprecedented.

Dalek

I used to like Pratt until he offered his 20 year old cat away on twitter because it was shitting on his couch

I'm actually in a very similar situation right now and I sympathize with him. Until you're in that situation, it's easy to judge someone. It's not like he put the cat to sleep. If anything I respect him more for this.

Not saying it's not, but most people who actually give a shit about their pets wouldn't do it very easily.

How many kids do you have?

Wazzy

Banned
Giving pets away to random strangers is totally unprecedented.
Eh. 20 years is ridiculous. Especially because they were being irresponsible and got two dogs which were the reason the cat was having issues.

I think this is a bit of weird derailment, though. I don't really like Chris Pratt either but I'm not going to fully discuss it trying to bring down the thread.

Quick

Banned
Not saying it's not, but most people who actually give a shit about their pets wouldn't do it very easily.

Not to sound like a Pratt Superfan.

And how do you know he didn't give a shit? And if he didn't, the cat would've probably been put down or sent to a shelter. Instead, the cat is with another "loving" family.

And if you haven't gotten the gist of Chris Pratt's gimmicks, he's a funny dude that says weird shit sometimes. And being funny about giving away an old cat in Twitter may not have been his finest.

Wazzy

Banned
And how do you know he didn't give a shit? And if he didn't, the cat would've probably been put down or sent to a shelter. Instead, the cat is with another "loving" family.

And if you haven't gotten the gist of Chris Pratt's gimmicks, he's a funny dude that says weird shit sometimes. And being funny about giving away an old cat in Twitter may not have been his finest.
I think it's pretty fair to say he didn't care. No one gives up their cat of 20 years like that if they really care.

But why you guys are discussing this is stupid. This doesn't have anything to do with the thread. He was irresponsible and made a shitty choice doing the twitter thing.

OT: gonna go try and pick up my tickets tomorrow aw yissss

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'll be able to preorder my tickets in a few hours. Cinebistro is the only 21+ theater where I live, so I'll have to pay a bit more. Worth it, though. The crowd for Winter Soldier was great, and I expect the same for this.

Slightly related, local comic book store is getting their second shipment of Skottie Young's Rocket Raccoon in this week. I went to pick it up a few days ago and they said it sold out two days after they got it, even though they didn't expect to sell the amount they ordered. The hype this movie is generating is insane.

Quick

Banned
I'm going to a smaller theatre, but there's usually a fair number of seating available. I expect a good crowd on Thursday evening.

Having certain people unavailable on Thursday, I have plans to see it with a couple of different groups of cats people on different days.

Having run through a bit of Iron Man, I might just dedicate some time today for an MCU marathon.

Neoxon

You forgot to put a space between the "Best Marvel Movie Ever" and "Featurette 1" and put the Walmart logo/link on the second row of logo links under the Merchandise section.

lol
The former was fixed when I added TV Spot 8.

UPDATE: And I hope I fixed the latter just now.

1qEBJT0.gif
1qEBJT0.gif
1qEBJT0.gif

Quick

Banned
The former was fixed when I add TV Spot 8.

UPDATE: And I hope I fixed the latter just now.

I'm mostly kidding, but thanks regardless. It formats wonderfully on iPad if that's comforting.

Also, my iPad wanted to autocorrect "thanks" to "thanos" -Thanos confirmed to be in the GOTG post-credits...wait what.

Gawge

Anybody else find themselves playing Hooked on a Feeling, dancing around, and feeling dizzy with excitement?

Err... I really need to see this film.

TEJ

awwww

anyway, I noticed I had some money on psn so I bought a few episodes of parks and rec in anticipation.

Pratt's a class act and deserves all the success that is coming his way. I can't think of a more perfect guy to play Star-Lord and join the frontlines of the MCU.

Wurst

Anybody else find themselves playing Hooked on a Feeling, dancing around, and feeling dizzy with excitement?

Err... I really need to see this film.

After the movie you'll be stuck with the entire soundtrack in your head!
It really is an ingenious move to ground a whacky space opera with lots of music everyone knows and loves.

Sounds strange, but I can see the movie drawing in the "older crowd" in as well because of that.

Sigh, I really need to see this movie again.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
thanks for the tip. Kolosej cinemas are oddly enough the only ones google suggested. Very good to know there are cineplexx theaters around, they're pretty good in carinthia aswell.

thankfully the site is exactly the same too, so making online reservations should be a lot easier :)

Cineplexx bought cinemas from retail chain Tuš and renamed them - first thing they did was complete renovation with new projectors and sound systems. I go often to one in Kranj and it is much much better than Kolosej.

J10

Banned
Cherry Bomb is the team's theme music as far as I'm concerned.

I'd also give each member their own individual themes from the soundtrack, but I would spoil some of the movie if I did that.

Damn Bates stepped the hell up. It's not mindblowing but it's really colorful and the main theme is decent. Better than expected thus far.

Top Bottom