• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

mmitt

Cineplexx bought cinemas from retail chain Tuš and renamed them - first thing they did was complete renovation with new projectors and sound systems. I go often to one in Kranj and it is much much better than Kolosej.

sounds great, thanks again :) seems like online reservations are up now for the movie too.
now to convince my friends that driving a total of 5 hours is not crazy and totally worth it, just for a movie...

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

guardians-galaxy.jpg

TEJ

Not gonna lie, the only movies that make me laugh are old mel brooks/old spoofs like airplane! the naked gun, and the life of brian. I just can't get into modern comedies.

But this movie is making me laugh. and laugh hard. something a movie has yet to do in many many many many many years.

Koriandrr

I think I realised what I loved the most about this film.

There is no time wasted in shit we don't care about. There is no 40min back story for each character or some sort of introduction. We get minimal information and then bam - we just see the characters and how they click on their own. It's like actually being in the environment, knowing what they're like only by what they've said and what they do right now. No boring flashbacks or long dialogues about their past - one sentence, straight to the point, you're the judge of the rest. Genius.

Not sure if really a spoiler, but may ruin the experience for some, so I put the tag.

Is the 3D in this supposed to be worth it?

After going to the 17 minute preview I would say Hell Yes. I really dislike 3d in films and think that 90% of the time it looks bad or makes a film look worse. What I saw was the best 3d I've seen yet. It was very sharp with good use of depth. I forgot at one point I was watching it in 3d, I was just watching it. I got my Thursday ticket for 3d.

Not watching any clips. I've drawn the line at the trailers and soundtrack. I'm plenty excited enough. I know very little about this universe and have no idea what the story is really about or how it plays out at all.

witness

After going to the 17 minute preview I would say Hell Yes. I really dislike 3d in films and think that 90% of the time it looks bad or makes a film look worse. What I saw was the best 3d I've seen yet. It was very sharp with good use of depth. I forgot at one point I was watching it in 3d, I was just watching it. I got my Thursday ticket for 3d.

Thanks! As a 3D fan this gets me excited.

Wurst

Not watching this but I have a question, do the special effects drown out the humor?

No. It's rather the other way around. Humor > Action. No spoiler but anyway
there are even bits where other movies would have done an action / CGI scene and Guardians solved the situation with humor
Doesn't mean there are no effects / action. ;)

No. It's rather the other way around. Humor > Action. No spoiler but anyway
there are even bits where other movies would have done an action / CGI scene and Guardians solved the situation with humor
Doesn't mean there are no effects / action. ;)

I was just making a reference to that critic review that said the special effects drowned out the humor/jokes :p

But that's good to know!

Grimsen

Is the 3D in this supposed to be worth it?

I was also very impressed with the IMAX 3D during the special preview. I don't know if it's specific to IMAX or what, but the image wasn't darkened by the glasses, and the action scenes weren't a mess. Those two things usually happen to me with regular-ass 3D.

Top Bottom