• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Palmer_v1

It means red leather just so happens to be her choice as part of her outfit for the day and nothing else.

Or she's a Mord-Sith
2989c6aa7574c814974f8379ed397c13.jpg

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Not gonna lie, the only movies that make me laugh are old mel brooks/old spoofs like airplane! the naked gun, and the life of brian. I just can't get into modern comedies.

But this movie is making me laugh. and laugh hard. something a movie has yet to do in many many many many many years.

I watched something recently that asserted most modern comedies are barely movies - they're filmed stand-up improv, with a bunch of comedians wandering about having conversations. In unremarkable, non-comedic situations. They lack even the laugh track of a sitcom to let the audience know when it's funny.

The look of this film could be resonating with people because the comedy is deeply worked into the scenario and the world around the characters who are dropping funny lines. Example: the now iconic "I'm Star Lord" scene is appealing 'cuz the line, and the deadpan reaction that follow it, are happening in an exotic sci-fi Indiana Jones scenario, taking the piss out of a cliche heroic scene. It's more of a real comedic opera ala Mel Brooks, rather than mundane characters standing in front of cameras trying to say funny things.

Even the "I have a plan" scene, without having even seen the whole film yet, comes across as the characters having earned the right to be interesting when they sit around having a pure conversation to play off one another. (It also gives me hope the film is well-paced, with fast and slow rhythm.)

Gartooth

Anything before Thursday, I can see them mandating/sending a print out without the after-credit scenes on it.

On Thursday and beyond though, I'm assuming fair game.

Oh good! I'm seeing it Thursday night and I almost would've considered cancelling tickets if it wasn't available until Friday.

Yeah they even put the "_______ will return" thing before the credits so people wouldn't wait.

I figured for screenings, they would be upfront and say no post-credits stuff yet.

Oh good! I'm seeing it Thursday night and I almost would've considered cancelling tickets if it wasn't available until Friday.

The Thursday night stuff is considered actually released, so if they don't show them there, they're fucking up bad.

And also it's nationwide then, they'd have to have sent out 2 versions to everyone, and they won't do that.

New clip featuring Star Lord & Gamora:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrKr72_tAag

Something I noticed, GOTG is a rare case of a man from the modern world or at least the 80's finding himself transported to a futuristic/sci-fi universe or sorts. That is he finds himself in the company of super advanced aliens.

How many other examples of this kind of setting are there?
Hitchhiker's Guide counts I guess
GOTG is practically live-action Futurama and I love that

Rosur

Something I noticed, GOTG is a rare case of a man from the modern world or at least the 80's finding himself transported to a futuristic/sci-fi universe or sorts. That is he finds himself in the company of super advanced aliens.

Farscape is another

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Tons. It's the stranger in a strange land/fish out of water trope.

Again, hope so, not getting my hopes up when its a scene of them getting space-shwarma

Or they just didn't have anything to announce that wasn't premature.

They plan these teasers/tags out waaaay in advance. And like I said before, they were totally cool with the Avengers/Cap 2 teasers getting out there a month+ in advance.

So either they couldn't show anything too early (like ratcliffja is saying) at CC, or saying something then would've spoiled this.

And in the grand scheme of things, wide release matters way more than Comic-Con. I think it's a new character.

J10

Banned

CAPTAIN AMERICA

I'll guess that the post credit thing doesn't involve anything or character that we haven't seen already. I don't think we are getting any kind of new reveal. I suppose we will find out really soon.

I'll guess that the post credit thing doesn't involve anything or character that we haven't seen already. I don't think we are getting any kind of new reveal. I suppose we will find out really soon.

We got The Collector in Thor 2 and the twins in Cap 2, so I'm hoping it's something new and shiny. GIVE ME NEW AND SHINY.

Uncle

Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon come to mind.

Showaddy

Well fucking big film spoilers that could be relevant:

Apparently Cosmo is shown briefly in The Collector's vault along with Adam Warlock's cocoon (again) so that could lead to the credit's scene.

But those characters had already been announced and cast by the time they had their cameos filmed.

There's a first time for everything.

But you're probably right. Maybe it's a CG-heavy gag scene like what's rumored, maybe it introduces a plot element that'll pay off in GotG2 (Skrulls? Adam Warlock? Captain Universe?), but I really doubt that it'll announce the casting of a name actor in a major role.

Loke13

That is like the exact setting for Farscape.

Well fucking big film spoilers that could be relevant:

Apparently Cosmo is shown briefly in The Collector's vault along with Adam Warlock's cocoon (again) so that could lead to the credit's scene.

I don't know if we will ever see the later, I think it's just an easter egg. As to the former...for some reason I was under the impression that it was already in the movie. Who knows

Top Bottom