• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Gartooth

Yeah I don't expect an actor for a major unrevealed character to appear in the scene. At best we'll get a small tease like with Thanos in Avengers, for a character that will later be cast down the line.

Showaddy

Adam Warlock's a huge part of the GOTG comic and a huge part of Infinity Gauntlet so his eventual inclusion is pretty much guaranteed. Maybe it's just a really awesome scene and they just want to surprise everyone or something?

Something I noticed, GOTG is a rare case of a man from the modern world or at least the 80's finding himself transported to a futuristic/sci-fi universe or sorts. That is he finds himself in the company of super advanced aliens.

How many other examples of this kind of setting are there?
Hitchhiker's Guide counts I guess
GOTG is practically live-action Futurama and I love that

The Last Starfighter?

There's honestly a lot of sci-fi like this.

James Gunn nterview about Easter Eggs

Confirmed to be in the Collector's collection :
Cosmo, Howard the Duck, a Chitauri, a Dark Elf and "a Slither reference"

0GX.gif

I'm gonna be pissed it if's *after credits spoiler?*
Howard the Duck. Stupid character.

No. The character
sacrificed himself to save Spider-Man's life in Howard issue #1
. And that was just the first comic.
Howard rocks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Now that you guys mention it, Warlock's Cocoon opening makes a lot of sense, would also set up the Soul Gem for GotG2.

gazele

Banned
Now that you guys mention it, Warlock's Cocoon opening makes a lot of sense, would also set up the Soul Gem for GotG2.

Adam Warlock is a really weird character though, not sure how they'll address that (created by High Evolutionary, Magus, can come back to life thanks to a cacoon, so dumb btw, church of universal truth, etc.)

Now that I think about it, the funniest possible use of Nathan Fillion would have been just having his in the Collector's collection, in his Castle clothes, just tied up in one of the display cases just he had been stuffed. Sure it doesn't fit the movie but whatever.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Adam Warlock is a really weird character though, not sure how they'll address that (created by High Evolutionary, Magus, can come back to life thanks to a cacoon, so dumb btw, church of universal truth, etc.)
I think as long as they preserve the Space Jesus stuff, they can tweak some of the variables like how he was created, and how the cocoon got there.

Maybe he was created on Titan by Kronos in response to Thanos destroying their homeland (like Drax in the comics). Good way to also set up a better backstory for Thanos outside of him just being the man in space. Maybe they gave that cocoon to The Collector for protection purposes (for both of them), and he awakens once two stones come in contact or the other 5 find homes or something.

Top Bottom