• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Oookay...I'm going from "Why is everyone frothing at the mouth for this movie?" to "Meh, I guess I'll see it just because, movie theaters."

The reviews are turning out to be really positive. I was really expecting the opposite.

Dare I say it, could this be this decade's Fifth Element?

This generations Star Wars.

no way. it's got it's strange elements but it's a marvel studios movie and there's a lot here that can be received well by audiences.

jupiter ascending shares kinship with fifth element. for better or worse we'll see in feb next year

It's going to take a lot of editing to even make that movie even come close to Cap 1 levels.

Just got back, I thought it was awesome! Didn't top Cap 2, but it was still great nonetheless.

That
Howard the Duck
cameo was fucking godlike

Phase 2 Rankings:
Cap 2
Guardians
Iron Man 3
Thor 2

Just accidently clicked on that spoiler tag, thanks for posting that shit in the non spoiler thread!

Seriously, can some mods start clearing this thread up as people are starting to get lax with mentioning things that shouldnt be in this thread, even if they put it in spoiler tags.

kai3345

Banned
Just accidently clicked on that spoiler tag, thanks for posting that shit in the non spoiler thread!

Seriously, can some mods start clearing this thread up as people are starting to get lax with mentioning things that shouldnt be in this thread, even if they put it in spoiler tags.

didn't even know there was a spoiler thread, so sorry about that. but don't try and make it my fault that you clicked on a clearly and correctly marked spoiler tag

This generations Star Wars.

It's going to take a lot of editing to even make that movie even come close to Cap 1 levels.

below cap 1 levels?
Z0kqP.png

didn't even know there was a spoiler thread, so sorry about that. but don't try and make it my fault that you clicked on a clearly and correctly marked spoiler tag

It's not like there is a big Spoiler thread banner linking to the thread in the Op or anything.......

And as for it being my fault, people have been joking around in this thread for so long, adding spoiler boxes doesn't actually mean it is always a spoiler. And since there is a spoiler thread you end up on auto pilot because you expect people to post where they should do.

It's not like there is a big Spoiler thread banner linking to the thread in the Op or anything.......

And as for it being my fault, people have been joking around in this thread for so long, adding spoiler boxes doesn't actually mean it is always a spoiler. And since there is a spoiler thread you end up on auto pilot because you expect people to post where they should do.

none of that is on him, its your issue that you clicked on a correctly marked spoiler and got it wrong.

ramyeon

I get that you're upset you clicked on a spoiler, but it's not the other poster's fault when it was correctly marked as such. His post was talking about having just seen the movie and it was clear that the spoiler was with regards to a cameo.

valeo

Oookay...I'm going from "Why is everyone frothing at the mouth for this movie?" to "Meh, I guess I'll see it just because, movie theaters."

The reviews are turning out to be really positive. I was really expecting the opposite.

Dare I say it, could this be this decade's Fifth Element?

Nope. Fifth Element was batshit crazy but still somehow grounded. Guardians is a slightly off skew take on the now boring Marvel formula.

Koriandrr

I think Jupiter Ascending will be shit. As much as I enjoy a bit of Wachowski in my life, the whole cast and screenplay that's been announced so far is a recipe for a cringe-worthy disaster.

Was really fearful that this was going to be the first MCU bomb. The previews weren't all that good, I didn't really think the comedy was laugh worthy, but then the extended preview came out a couple a weeks ago and now these reviews.

Glad I was wrong.

RangerX

Banned
The post credits scene is going to be something big I think. It hasn't been shown to the press, no big announcement at comic-con and James Gunn said it will introduce something "new and exciting" to the universe. I'm guessing its Captain Marvel or Nova. I can't see it until saturday so I'm going to have to be extra careful in conversation because it comes out here in Ireland tomorrow.

TEJ

The post credits scene is going to be something big I think. It hasn't been shown to the press, no big announcement at comic-con and James Gunn said it will introduce something "new and exciting" to the universe. I'm guessing its Captain Marvel or Nova. I can't see it until saturday so I'm going to have to be extra careful in conversation because it comes out here in Ireland tomorrow.

she hulk - ace attorney

I already called it a while back

Experien

Although it isn't connected to Marvel that much...too connected to Marvel to be a Star Wars. It is really just the first space opera we've had that was fun in a LONG, long time.

TEJ

Although it isn't connected to Marvel that much...too connected to Marvel to be a Star Wars. It is really just the first space opera we've had that was fun in a LONG, long time.

ahahhahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just imagine the meltdowns if the post credits scene is star wars 7 related.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Yeah I was disappointed I didn't see it last night, I thought this close to release they'd only provide one copy to theaters for release, but I guess not

Oh well, going to see it again anyway!

RangerX

Banned
Yeah I was disappointed I didn't see it last night, I thought this close to release they'd only provide one copy to theaters for release, but I guess not

Oh well, going to see it again anyway!

That good yeah? Haven't been in this thread much just in case Something spoilerish comes up.

witness

Going to see this Sunday morning with the wife. We'd rather go as early as possible to avoid kids and dude bros who don't shut up.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Going to see this Sunday morning with the wife. We'd rather go as early as possible to avoid kids and dude bros who don't shut up.

I attempted this with the new Planet Of The Apes film, my mother LOVES the series
so we went to the first showing at a theater that is next to a nearly defunct mall.....almost worked , the jerks didnt show up till after the 20 mins of previews.....

Friend's coming over tomorrow for a mini-Marvel movie marathon before we go see it at 7. Haven't been this hyped for a film in a long time.

I'm still pumped after a nights sleep. I have to see this again.

No spoilers, if you liked the previews and the comedy and music in them, you will LOVE this movie.

It was quite detached from the overall "Marvel Movie Universe" outside of a character here or there that you'll only be aware of their future if you've read the comics.

I really, really wish we got the after credit scene.

I'm still pumped after a nights sleep. I have to see this again.

No spoilers, if you liked the previews and the comedy and music in them, you will LOVE this movie.

It was quite detached from the overall "Marvel Movie Universe" outside of a character here or there that you'll only be aware of their future if you've read the comics.

I really, really wish we got the after credit scene.
What if we didn't like the comedy or music? I'm mostly seeing it because I love Marvel movies.

FoneBone

I think a lot of you are going to be disappointed... though I'm not sure keeping it secret was the best idea.

Several people on twitter and various message boards say it is
Howard the Duck

I think a lot of you are going to be disappointed... though I'm not sure keeping it secret was the best idea.

Several people on twitter and various message boards say it is
Howard the Duck
Wow apparently quoting somebody reveals the spoiler. Gotta remember they for the future. Also nobody would be disappointed by that at all...
except maybe George Lucas.
Edit: Fifth Element is the second best sci-fi space movie in the last 20 years. Galaxy Quest is the best.

Top Bottom