• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Seeing that there's a 7pm show time on Thursday, I don't think I can wait until next week as originally planned. I'm fearful that I'll be spoiled on something. Hype reaching crazy levels.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
If there were another secret credits scene, it would've leaked along with this one. Get over yourselves.

Umm....

QC6kZWN.png

Largo

Broke down, walked over to the theater and got tickets for tomorrow after work. 3D since you early viewers said it was good/better. Haven't been participating in the chat, but I've been here the whole time. See you guys on the other side.

Back up to 94% on RT, 44 fresh vs. 3 rotten. 24 HOURS UNTIL I SEE IT!

Also has a shot at the August record:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-preview-guardians-galaxy-722053

Some believe director James Gunn's Guardians has a shot at approaching, or crossing, $70 million, although no one is placing any bets considering the steep downturn overall at the summer box office. If it does, it would eclipse the $69.2 million domestic debut of record-holder The Bourne Ultimatum on the same weekend in 2007. The No. 2 August title is Rush Hour 2, which opened to $67.4 million in 2001.

FoneBone

Yeah, an ambiguously worded Facebook post from someone who may or may not have actually seen the movie definitely outweighs those that have.

It's not that I don't want to be wrong, and I think Marvel was misguided in trying to keep secret anything that wasn't a major reveal. But stop the denial.

If there were another secret credits scene, it would've leaked along with this one. Get over yourselves.

Shitloads of people don't even realize that Marvel has been doing 2 stingers lately. They assume that since they started doing them mid-credits then that's it.

Get over yourself.

Pop

Yeah, an ambiguously worded Facebook post from someone who may or may not have actually seen the movie definitely outweighs those that have.

It's not that I don't want to be wrong, and I think Marvel was misguided in trying to keep secret anything that wasn't a major reveal. But stop the denial.

There is two post credit scenes. Just cause one leaked doesn't necessary mean they other has to.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

That's Marvel UK's official Facebook page.

The deluxe soundtrack cd is on its way to me! I paid for overnight shipping.
It seems strange to me that I cannot purchase this soundtrack digitally on Amazon. I know it's specific, but I have some credits there and wanted to use them. I mean, I can order the vinyl version but not on mp3. wtf.

bronson

Yeah. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong, but I'm betting we already know the post and mid-credits scenes.

They've explicitly said there's a post-credits scene (not mid-credits scene) that will not be on a single print before opening day/Thursday night.

Just got back from the midnight showing in Singapore. Bit rushed in places and the whole
FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC
bits were a bit eye-roll inducing, but overall loved it! Loved the colours, the charisma and the dramatically wider scope of the Marvel Universe now.

There's two credits scenes, sort of. One is kind of pre-credits, appears just after the end title appearance but before the credits roll.
Baby potted Groot grooves to the Jackson Five while Drax cleans his knives in the background
The second appears right at the end of the entire credit reveal and features
Howard the Duck!!! Won't lie, I was hoping it'd be Adam Warlock or Captain Marvel or an explicit hint to the future of the GOTG movies, but it was still pretty cool. Also, COSMO THE DOG!!!

A friend that was wanting to go with us says he's off tomorrow so we just reserved our IMAX 3D tickets for 7PM! Hoo boy, I'm excited! Now I don't have to go nuts waiting through the weekend.

Just a couple questions:

Even though this showtime is a little early, it should still have both post credit scenes, right?

I've never reserved tickets online before, let alone gone opening night. We're going to try and get there an hour early to get through lines, parking, etc. Anything else I should know to try and get the best seats? We'd at least like to try and sit together and not be spread out all over.

number11

Tempted to read the credit spoilers now that people are saying it's underwhelming

Will it spoil the ending of the actual movie?

IHaveIce

Banned
Just got back from the midnight showing in Singapore. Bit rushed in places and the whole
FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC
bits were a bit eye-roll inducing, but overall loved it! Loved the colours, the charisma and the dramatically wider scope of the Marvel Universe now.

There's two credits scenes, sort of. One is kind of pre-credits, appears just after the end title appearance but before the credits roll.
The second appears right at the end of the entire credit reveal and features
Howard the Duck!!! Won't lie, I was hoping it'd be Adam Warlock or Captain Marvel or an explicit hint to the future of the GOTG movies, but it was still pretty cool. Also, COSMO THE DOG!!!

well. That's it folks.

No cool scene in the credits

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think I've watched way too much pre-release stuff. I should back out of anything Guardians related on the internet D;

Top Bottom