• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

TEJ

What's taking so long with that anyway. ASM2 is already out, and it came out like 2 weeks after. They could have pushed that Marvel hype train even harder with that.

the hype train has no brakes

so maybe they run out of fuel sept 9th?

Just came back from an advance screening of Guardians of the galaxy. Let me say this. HOLY HELL THIS MOVIE IS A MUST WATCH. THE HYPE TRAIN IS DEFINITELY REAL. Lots of action going on, Good Comedy moments, Story well written. WATCH IT IN IMAX 3D. GOOD LAWDDDDDDDDDDDDD. Didn't get to see a post credit scene sadly.

I'm just really excited to see this and I think a big reason is because I know next to nothing about this universe and I haven't read any spoilers. Basically I have no idea what to expect and I'm giddy about James Gunn's direction.

The marketing for this has been great. I've watched all the clips and trailers and honestly I have no idea what the plot is or what it's actually about. Other than, ya know, saving the galaxy.

Hate when trailers make you feel like you've seen the movie.

Ashtrax

Been lurking this thread trying to contain myself, but I just had to drop in.

Schedule for me this Sunday.

10AM: Regular walk with the wife to the our local cafe for breakfast, followed by coffee to discuss GotG.

12PM: Decent drive to stop over at a friends' child's christening. Make a calm an collected entrance.

1PM: Catch up with everyone before declaring that we have a family engagement to attend to.

3PM Arrive at the queue for our IMAX 3D advanced screening of Guardians...

3:10PM:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8700-1339605943-10.gif

7PM: Attempt to wind down with dinner to discuss said Guardians experience.

9PM Attend a MIFF film about web junkies, trying to contain what just transpired.

My schedule TOMORROW (very thorough)

7:35: Wake Up
7:36: Brush my teeth and shower
7:45: Dry off and put in contacts
7:50: Take my daughter to day camp
8:15: Get to work and realize I actually have an hour to do some work!
9:30: Meeting until noon
12:00: COMBAT LUNCH w/Ice Cream!
1:30: Get back to work, see the my Guardians of the Galaxy shirt has arrived along with my son's
1:31: Put on my Guardians of the Galaxy shirt
2:00: MORE MEETINGS (until 5:00...however)
4:45: Leave work to pick my son up for Game Design Bootcamp
5:10: Pick up my son, give him his Guardians of the Galaxy shirt
5:30: Arrive at Game Design Bootcamp. Help kids realize the wonders of Game Design.
8:20: Leave Game Design Bootcamp for the theater
8:30: Find out the automatic ticketing booths are broken, have to wait in line to pick up my tickets
8:40: Finally get through the line, go to concessions
8:45: If I haven't made it to the front by this point, at least I get a free drink. More likely, find out I'm short 3 points on my rewards card to get free popcorn and drinks. Pay for them
8:50: Head to the line, find out I'm not in the front
8:51: Play Hooked on a Feeling from my iPad on loop until we can get into the theater
9:40: Get the best seats in the IMAX3D theater.
10:00: Explode (i.e. movie starts)
12:10: Pick up the pieces of my brain, attempt to get my son and I home
12:40: Get home, try to sleep

I just realized I gave myself no time to go to the bathroom. Damnit.

Also, I ALREADY HAVE TICKETS TO SEE IT AGAIN SATURDAY! WOOOOO!

Lemaitre

Banned
My schedule TOMORROW (very thorough)

7:35: Wake Up
7:36: Brush my teeth and shower
7:45: Dry off and put in contacts
7:50: Take my daughter to day camp
8:15: Get to work and realize I actually have an hour to do some work!
9:30: Meeting until noon
12:00: COMBAT LUNCH w/Ice Cream!
1:30: Get back to work, see the my Guardians of the Galaxy shirt has arrived along with my son's
1:31: Put on my Guardians of the Galaxy shirt
2:00: MORE MEETINGS (until 5:00...however)
4:45: Leave work to pick my son up for Game Design Bootcamp
5:10: Pick up my son, give him his Guardians of the Galaxy shirt
5:30: Arrive at Game Design Bootcamp. Help kids realize the wonders of Game Design.
8:20: Leave Game Design Bootcamp for the theater
8:30: Find out the automatic ticketing booths are broken, have to wait in line to pick up my tickets
8:40: Finally get through the line, go to concessions
8:45: If I haven't made it to the front by this point, at least I get a free drink. More likely, find out I'm short 3 points on my rewards card to get free popcorn and drinks. Pay for them
8:50: Head to the line, find out I'm not in the front
8:51: Play Hooked on a Feeling from my iPad on loop until we can get into the theater
9:40: Get the best seats in the IMAX3D theater.
10:00: Explode (i.e. movie starts)
12:10: Pick up the pieces of my brain, attempt to get my son and I home
12:40: Get home, try to sleep

I just realized I gave myself no time to go to the bathroom. Damnit.

Also, I ALREADY HAVE TICKETS TO SEE IT AGAIN SATURDAY! WOOOOO!

I already have tickets for Saturday too, in addition to my showing tomorrow in IMAX. I think I will have to see this in 4D in L.A. as well. That would make for a great third showing (help justify it).

Nelo Ice

Banned
Why couldn't you have posted this BEFORE I ordered my tickets for tomorrow?

;_;

lol :(. I just found out myself. I decided hey might as well check SD for any deals before I get my tix and lo and behold there's $5 off. Not to mention you can abuse it and get more since the codes don't expire till the end of January next year.

TEJ

Oh no! 92% percent!

Even IF this dips below 90 RT percentages don't really mean much to me in the long run. But plz, stay above 90% if possible. Would just make me feel better in general.

Like the phoenix, the rotten score rise to a wonderful 101%

dabig2

Oh no! 92% percent!

Even IF this dips below 90 RT percentages don't really mean much to me in the long run. But plz, stay above 90% if possible. Would just make me feel better in general.

Yeah, Cap2 being at 89% irks me. If only 1% higher (or basically 2 fewer rotten reviews). This will stay above 90 as long as the rotten review count stays below 20, probably,

But yeah, not like it truly matters anyway . First World problems and all that :p

Lemaitre

Banned
Yeah, Cap2 being at 89% irks me. If only 1% higher (or basically 2 fewer rotten reviews). This will stay above 90 as long as the rotten review count stays below 20, probably,

But yeah, not like it truly matters anyway . First World problems and all that :p

Lol. That 89% for Cap2 bothers me as well. Glad to know that there are others like us out there, brother.

ib2zLd2y02sz04.gif

RS4-

Movie was goddamn incredible. This is my number one Marvel film. 3D was great as well.

Oh yeah, Bautista was there as well. Press/photo op, then talked a bit, answered a few questions in the auditorium.

Be careful with that Slickdeals link, guys. There's been tons of issues where codes haven't gone out to emails. It seems like it's a crapshoot.

If you do want to save money on some movies, you could always buy these 4 pack tickets from Costco for 34 bucks (no Fandango fee then!). You just print em at home and bring them in.

AMC Gold 4 Pack
Regal Tickets 4 Pack

They mention surcharges and such on 3D though, so prepare for that if necessary!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I honestly forgot the movie was in 3D after like the first 20 minutes. But I think that's a good thing. It didn't wow me with the 3D but it did feel seamless in most parts

ramyeon

I honestly forgot the movie was in 3D after like the first 20 minutes. But I think that's a good thing. It didn't wow me with the 3D but it did feel seamless in most parts
Good to hear. The pre-screenings (Australia) at my local cinema tomorrow are only 3D screenings. Not too keen on overused or overbearing 3D. At least it's in Imax too :D

Grakl

I was thinking about seeing this in 3D but the glasses always make the screen darker. This seems like a colorful movie, so I don't want to dim them at all. Just going to a regular screening tomorrow.

Quick

Banned
I was thinking about seeing this in 3D but the glasses always make the screen darker. This seems like a colorful movie, so I don't want to dim them at all. Just going to a regular screening tomorrow.

It's intentionally darker because the 3D glasses are supposed to dim the screen down to just the right amount to balance it out and have you see it the way it's meant to be seen. If you look at the screen without the glasses, you'll notice that it's really bright, almost too bright.

I'm not sure if that's the rule, but this is what I've noticed through the years as 3D movies have improved in visual quality.

I remember Thor 1 looking a bit dim in 3D, and that's because they kept the same brightness setting on that print as the 2D version, that the tinted glasses just dimmed it too dark.

Grakl

It's intentionally darker because the 3D glasses are supposed to dim the screen down to just the right amount to balance it out and have you see it the way it's meant to be seen. If you look at the screen without the glasses, you'll notice that it's really bright, almost too bright.

I'm not sure if that's the rule, but this is what I've noticed through the years as 3D movies have improved in visual quality.

I remember Thor 1 looking a bit dim in 3D, and that's because they kept the same brightness setting on that print as the 2D version, that the tinted glasses just dimmed it too dark.

Is that so? I guess it could be the couple movies I've seen in IMAX 3D. Still likely seeing it at a normal theater, but maybe I should go for IMAX 3D. Hm.

Top Bottom