• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Froli

I just got back watching it.
I rate it 8/10 it was good
I didn't like
the antagonist Ronan. he is weakly portrayed as their enemy, I didn't care about him at all and it was kinda anti-climatic, I believe you guys will understand once you see it

Lace

What was your previous favorite?
A tie between Avengers and Iron Man 1.

The humor in this blows anything Marvel has done before imo.

The villain was the weakest part of the movie but it's fine. Since this is the first movie they needed to keep the focus on the heroes to build who they are and make you care about them.

I feel like this movie is going to make Guardians a household name like what they were able to do with Iron Man.

If it puts up Iron Man 1 box office numbers it will be damn impressive. I still think it will fall around Thor 1 or Cap 1 numbers. It would make me happy to see it hit higher though.

Lace

If it puts up Iron Man 1 box office numbers it will be damn impressive. I still think it will fall around Thor 1 or Cap 1 numbers. It would make me happy to see it hit higher though.
Hopefully, after its opening weekend, word of mouth will give this movie pretty decent legs. Its a movie you can easily rewatch. A very fun ride from beginning to end.

quickfire13

Neo Member
Hopefully, after its opening weekend, word of mouth will give this movie pretty decent legs. Its a movie you can easily rewatch. A very fun ride from beginning to end.

I really hope so because I think I'm going to IMAX 3D at 7 and then I think, possibly, going to see it again with other people later on.

Just got back. I'm still a little too amped from it to get to much sleep before work at this point. It was a lot of fun!

I'm not sure where it fits into my Marvel movie ranking at this point. Probably somewhere in the top 3.

Joeytj

Banned
Just got back also from an advanced screening.

Yes, top 3 Marvel films right now after leaving the theater pumped. It won't drop below Top 5. Personally liked it better than Winter Soldier and Iron Man 1, although I'm willing to bet more people will respect Winter Soldier a bit more because of the topic, but Guardians just wins your heart. It makes you tear up and laugh at the same time. Pretty sure also that it will be even better than the Avengers for some.

Just awesome. Yes,
the villain is the weakest part, but not that bad of a factor since the point of the movie is for us to get to know the Guardians first and man, they did a great job of making us fall in love with them.
Groot and Rocket are going to be favorites, but a lot of Star-Lord cosplays are coming also, you can bet.

Because of that post-credit scene leak earlier today, Marvel quickly removed them from all screenings, and we didn't get to see it at our theater (Regal Cinemas in Chula Vista, CA), damn shame. Will have to see it again on Friday just because of that :p (although I already knew what it was).

Wurst

T minus 28 days
to see it a second time
:(

I can't wait to hear your opinions. I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful time with the movie! Enjoy.

Muppety

UK/Euro peeps, Zavvi already has the steelbook up for pre-order.
7ncCHqD.jpg

shield

I remember when pretty much all we had of this movie was this low quality gif of Rocket Raccoon:

tumblr_mrff3fGVZM1rvhl57o1_400.gif

And now we're all a matter of hours away from seeing the whole movie

feels good

No more sleeps! I see Guardians tonight!

I will have a few hours to kill before hand. That will give me a good opportunity to finish War of Kings.

BkMogul

Wow, Wow! Maybe I'm just a little too giddy, but this is probably my favorite film of the year, not just the summer. Went to a screening last night, and damn, everything just seemed to click and work. The story, the interplay between the characters, freakin Rocket! I think everyone here will love him. Cooper hit it out the park with his voice. So many quotable moments. Crowd had a blast. The humor wasn't forced, maybe one line or two, but everything flowed nicely. Action scenes were easy to follow (save for one, but it was pretty hectic as-is). This is definitely the tentpole film of the summer. Simply loved it.

Top Bottom