• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

jmood88

I went to a screening last night and I was really surprised at how much the crowd got into it. There were a bunch of older people and others who didn't seem like Marvel movie fans but they were laughing the whole time and everyone loved Groot and Rocket. Oh and the movie was great, by the way. I can't wait to see it in an Atmos theater. The Winter Soldier is still my favorite Marvel movie so far but this is probably my second or third favorite.

It really is a fantastic movie. Easily the best Marvel movie so far.

There's notuch else to say without posting spoilers apart from the plot is great, pacing is superb, cast is incredible and performances from all involved are incredible.

I really can't emphasis enough how good I thought it was. It's really bloody fantastic.

It really is a fantastic movie. Easily the best Marvel movie so far.

There's notuch else to say without posting spoilers apart from the plot is great, pacing is superb, cast is incredible and performances from all involved are incredible.

I really can't emphasis enough how good I thought it was. It's really bloody fantastic.

Fantastiovie is my new favorite typo.

Well holy shit that was awesome. Best Marvel film yet
Really hope it does well. It went down a storm with the audience I was watching with.

I'm going to have to go see it again to pick up on everything.

Chris Pratt just nails Starlord.

Everyone go see it!!!!

glaurung

124 minutes to the public premiere here.

Some of my FB movie critic friends are already raving about the movie. They saw it at a closed screening late last night. Those wankers...

a ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch ch CHERRY BOMB
Interesting. Your excitement seems to have made you stutter a bit. Oh child, just don't start having moonage daydreams about the movie or you might fool around and fall in love. Just keep telling yourself "I'm not in love" until the movie starts. After that, you can come and get your love from the movie but I want you back here afterward to tell us how much you enjoyed it. There ain't no mountain high enough to keep you from being back on GAF to tell us everything. Feel free to go all the way into detail but don't get too carried away or you might end up with that spirit in the sky.

Neoxon

Interesting. Your excitement seems to have made you stutter a bit. Oh child, just don't start having moonage daydreams about the movie or you might fool around and fall in love. Just keep telling yourself "I'm not in love" until the movie starts. After that, you can come and get your love from the movie but I want you back here afterward to tell us how much you enjoyed it. They ain't no mountain high enough to keep you from being back on GAF to tell us everything. Feel free to go all the way into detail but don't get too carried away or you might end up with that spirit in the sky.
I laughed at this more than I should have.

TEJ

Interesting. Your excitement seems to have made you stutter a bit. Oh child, just don't start having moonage daydreams about the movie or you might fool around and fall in love. Just keep telling yourself "I'm not in love" until the movie starts. After that, you can come and get your love from the movie but I want you back here afterward to tell us how much you enjoyed it. There ain't no mountain high enough to keep you from being back on GAF to tell us everything. Feel free to go all the way into detail but don't get too carried away or you might end up with that spirit in the sky.

no, i'm not into yoga.

124 minutes to the public premiere here.

Some of my FB movie critic friends are already raving about the movie. They saw it at a closed screening late last night. Those wankers...

I guess, if there is a mid-credit sequence, it will spill in a couple of hours. Hopefully I can hold off on spoiling myself until tonight.

glaurung

I guess, if there is a mid-credit sequence, it will spill in a couple of hours. Hopefully I can hold off on spoiling myself until tonight.
Yeah, there are plenty of Chinese and Russian cinemas where the security is virtually non-existent.

I expect the credit scenes to be on YT, DailyMotion or Vimeo or wherever by noon Saturday.

Lace

What do you think about the other Marvel films? Are there any you don't like?
Thor 1 and Captain America 1 are both movies I wouldn't mind if I never saw them again (mind you I never saw Thor 2). That's not too say I hate them just that they didn't resonate with me. Generally speaking origin stories are usually my least favorite superhero movies. However, when I walked out of Guardians I could've rewatched it immediately.

You disliked Thor 1 that much? I am the exact opposite in that I have to watch it whenever I come across it on tv.

9 hours and counting til I experience the 3d magic! Curse the internet from ruining the post credits scene for me this morning. Still I am incredibly hyped and trying to duck out of work early for this.

Noon - Take Kofax Certification training :p
4:00pm - Leaving office
5:00pm - Continue packing for move
7:00pm - Play pinball and get drunk
9:00pm - walk to theater
10:15pm - MOVIE
Midnight to 8am - finish all this damned packing I have to do : (

Just under 5 hours now!!!

Gonna be going out for a meal with the wife (Celebrating us both getting promotions the same day) and then we are meeting up with a friend to see this.

Should make the time go quicker hopefully :)

The dream is over. 89%.

stephanie-mcmahon-and-daniel-bryan-raw-aug-19th.jpg

A Solid B+!

Dave_6

Just ordered the deluxe soundtrack off Amazon. It's supposed to arrive Saturday which is good as I'm seeing the movie tomorrow night.

kurahador

Just got out. While there are parts (serious parts btw) that I find abit too silly or cheesy for its own good, I did enjoy the movie overall----the casts really made it work. And I don't mind the villains setup at all and it's definitely alot better than the villain in Thor DW.

My ranking; IM1=Cap2>Avengers>GOTG>IM3>Thor>>>everything else.
Fun movie, just don't go in expecting to see those similarly intense moments in TWS and you'll enjoy the movie more.

Lace

You disliked Thor 1 that much? I am the exact opposite in that I have to watch it whenever I come across it on tv.

9 hours and counting til I experience the 3d magic! Curse the internet from ruining the post credits scene for me this morning. Still I am incredibly hyped and trying to duck out of work early for this.
Nah just more I dislike rewatching origin stories.

Thor 1 and Captain America 1 are both movies I wouldn't mind if I never saw them again (mind you I never saw Thor 2). That's not too say I hate them just that they didn't resonate with me. Generally speaking origin stories are usually my least favorite superhero movies. However, when I walked out of Guardians I could've rewatched it immediately.

You know no one will ever force you to watch Cap or Thor again.

Mr. Smith

i hate all of you lucky bastards. imagine you live in Germany and you have to wait a whole month, till the end of August, to see the Guardians. the wait is killing me :(

Pachimari

Hmm.. It have premiere here today, thinking of going to watch it tomorrow.

I'm a little hyped on this one but should probably read their comics first.

Pop

Just got out. While there are parts (serious parts btw) that I find abit too silly or cheesy for its own good, I did enjoy the movie overall----the casts really made it work. And I don't mind the villains setup at all and it's definitely alot better than the villain in Thor DW.

My ranking; IM1=Cap2>Avengers>GOTG>IM3>Thor>>>everything else.
Fun movie, just don't go in expecting to see those similarly intense moments in TWS and you'll enjoy the movie more.

I don't think we were expecting a serious movie.

Top Bottom