• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

ryan299

I loved this movie. It was an actual Marvel movie that had comedy that worked well.

Also I heard Nathan Fillion was in the movie. Didn't see him or hear him. Can anybody confirm this?

My Quick review:

iN40dvHvv5wol.gif

Oi, where'd you get the "that is true" clip from?

Quick

Banned
I loved this movie. It was an actual Marvel movie that had comedy that worked well.

Also I heard Nathan Fillion was in the movie. Didn't see him or hear him. Can anybody confirm this?

I missed his cameo. Blink-and-you-miss-it moment it seems.

I was thinking it might be the inmate Groot knocked out when he opened up the box with the green light right before the prison escape scene.

I missed his cameo. Blink-and-you-miss-it moment it seems.

I was thinking it might be the inmate Groot knocked out when he opened up the box with the green light right before the prison escape scene.

More like Nathan Fillion doesn't look like Nathan Fillion.

Also didn't realize it at first because of the aforementioned, but it's the prisoner that gets messed up by Groot.

Dug

Banned
Sort of off topic, but after watching GOTG I want to watch another Marvel film and was wondering which one I should watch next. Here are the ones I have seen: Iron Man, Avengers, Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Wookieomg

Fucking phenomenal. I laughed uproariously. Got teared up in a few moments. The action was awesome and the set pieces were very well-realized. The cast was perfect. Man, just.. Such a good film. Sogood.gif

He voices
the inmate that Groot stabs up the nose. The one him and Rocket take out to prove their dominance at beginning fo the prison.

I honestly caught it immediately and was surprised more people didn't notice.

Lebron

Place was packed, everyone was dying thought out the movie. Best Marvel movie to date. So much good I have to see it again this weekend. James Gunn, you magnificent bastard

I...I really think I should stop coming in this thread until I see the movie tomorrow.

This can't be healthy for me. My body can't take all of these positive impressions.

ryan299

Best Marvel movie I've seen yet. It was like watching a Farscape episode and for me that's a great thing.

I'm in the first season of that on Netflix but there's no plot at all. Human doesn't try to get back to Earth, so I'm bored of it.

This movie was so much fun even though the finale was a bit predictable.

Quick

Banned
More like Nathan Fillion doesn't look like Nathan Fillion.

Also didn't realize it at first because of the aforementioned, but it's the prisoner that gets messed up by Groot.

Was it the blue alien that got Groot's branches up his nose? ("This here's OUR booty!")

Sort of off topic, but after watching GOTG I want to watch another Marvel film and was wondering which one I should watch next. Here are the ones I have seen: Iron Man, Avengers, Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Cap 1 or Thor 1.

Thor plays off that cosmic side of Marvel, but not to the extent of GOTG. Cap 1 has a bit of a mystic side with Red Skull and the Tesseract.

mreddie

Best Marvel movie since the last Marvel movie that wasn't Spider Man.

Since we know Ultron is gonna be king, I think Phase 2s best films are GOTG and Soldier, almost tied.

Great movie. Loved it. Though it was a strange theater experience. The crowd was definitely into it but they had a tendency to laugh out loud before the punch lines, therefore me not being able to hear most of them. It was weird...like they were forcing themselves to laugh at parts before the parts were actually funny.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I just came back from seeing this film with the family. It was GREAT. I must admit, I was a bit skeptical when I saw early review threads for this movie, thinking to myself "I doubt it's actually that good..." Boy, was I wrong! I would very much encourage people who are on the fence to give this movie a go.

Great movie. Loved it. Though it was a strange theater experience. The crowd was definitely into it but they had a tendency to laugh out loud before the punch lines, therefore me not being able to hear most of them. It was weird...like they were forcing themselves to laugh at parts before the parts were actually funny.

Trailer spoiled jokes?

johnsmith

remember me
Man, people were laughing too much, and missed a lot of jokes because people hadn't stopped laughing from the previous one. Will definitely be grabbing the blu so I can watch it again.

ryan299

The end credits scene was funny for the sheer fact that you could tell there was only a handful of people that got the reference and the rest were just laughing bc it was
a talking duck

Quick

Banned
The end credits scene was funny for the sheer fact that you could tell there was only a handful of people that got the reference and the rest were just laughing bc it was
a talking duck

It worked out both ways.

Having seen the leaked clip, it was still funny as fuck knowing what was coming and how people reacted to it.

Voror

a talking duck

My dad knew who that was which surprised the hell out of me.

Movie was a helluva lot of fun. Stupid, silly, and in all the right ways. It knows it is ridiculous, and doesn't hide it. Just a nice, fun movie.

Rocket was the best part, just as I wanted. My only real gripe was Ronan. Such a fantastic character from the books distilled down to a generic villain in this. Such a shame.

Also, did anyone else notice one of the FX artists in the credits had the middle name of Groot? Nice.

Biggest laugh of the movie? The post credits scene. People were yelling, "What the fuck?" and then laughing hysterically after it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Constant laughter throughout the movie from myself and others. The audience clapped and it was a great time to have at the film.

Even that after credits scene was good just for the fact a lot of people remembered
Howard the Duck.

Both soundtrack and the score were awesome. I pretty much danced in my seat with each song.

I love each character equally and they had the perfect amount of screen time. Gunn and company really proved themselves here and I eagerly await the sequel.

In terms of ranking within the other Marvel films, it's tough. But it's easily in the upper echelon of Marvel films with Iron Man, The Winter Soldier and The Avengers. Regardless of ranking, however, it's easily my favorite Marvel film.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just got back from the theater. Hooooooly shit was this godlike. Hooooooooly shit. Hooooooooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :O

Tacitus_

Quick question: is 3d worth the extra price? I usually get headache from 3d since the extra glasses never fit properly over my own.

Quick

Banned
Quick question: is 3d worth the extra price? I usually get headache from 3d since the extra glasses never fit properly over my own.

If 3D gives you a headache, then it's not worth it. I wouldn't do it if it detracts from the movie experience.

Alric

*opinion alert*

No, for me at least it is not. It never is and just makes it harder to focus on certain parts. If you can go 2D. *opinion alert*

Tacitus_

*opinion alert*

No, for me at least it is not. It never is and just makes it harder to focus on certain parts. If you can go 2D. *opinion alert*

Save money and get a better experience suits me just fine.

Also I'm off my tits because of sleep deprivation and coffee abuse so this will be interesting.

Ashhong

Is it worth it to suffer through 3D for IMAX? I try to always watch big spectacle movies in IMAX but don't really like 3D

Mariolee

Less than a day for me.

It's been a journey.

Also I just know something is going to come up that will hinder my viewing of this tomorrow.

my crowd would laugh at stuff which was never meant to be funny.

Someone laughed when
Groot let loose all the lights from his hand to illuminate the ship.
. And then for some strange reason, it started to spread until half the theater was giggling too. My crowd ended up hurting the movie for me a bit

Edit: the licensed music was great but the score was generic action movie stuff. Probably the one big disappointment for me

Pop

One of Marvels best movies. I put it up there with Avengers and TWS.

It's entertaining and brings tons of laughs. I think Gunn said it best, "the all steal scenes". Spot on

I will go see this again.

my crowd would laugh at stuff which was never meant to be funny.

Someone laughed when
Groot let loose all the lights from his hand to illuminate the ship.
. And then for some strange reason, it started to spread until half the theater was giggling too. My crowd ended up hurting the movie for me a bit

Yup same here. Enjoyed it immensely but can't wait to watch it in my own home

Dead

well not really...yet
My friend walking out of the theater: "that didn't even feel like a marvel movie"

Me: "I know right! It was awesome!"

Great ass flick. Pratt is boss total, Gunn confirmed for taking marvel out of the cinematic ghetto.

Oh and this was exactly what the Green Lantern movie should have been like.

Top Bottom