• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

TEJ

GotG made $11.2 million domestically last night alone, topping Winter Soldier's late night premiere numbers.

3etMzLx.gif

I'm going to laugh if this movie outperforms Winter Soldier.

Like seriously, I never expected this kind of attention for a GOTG movie. We keep saying it over and over again but Marvel has made some kinda voodoo magic happen with this shit.
or they just made a good movie

It's gonna warm my damn heart if this movie catches on and becomes a huge thing.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
That is WEIRD. Judging by my Thursday 7 PM showing with like 10 people in it, I was worried it would underperform.

But that's anecdotal, BAM

my 7 pm was packed, and upon leaving there were huuuuggge lines everywhere for the 10

but thats nyc so who knows

My showing was sold out.

I think the theater I go to (it's nearest to me) just doesn't do well with Marvel movies. They're only showing it 4 times a day. Which is weird because it's right next to Temple University.

Tracking huge with kids, so Saturday could be a monster.

Kids love them some Star-Prince, according to the Nova man! :p

my 7 pm was packed, and upon leaving there were huuuuggge lines everywhere for the 10

but thats nyc so who knows

Mine is Philly, and I expected it to be packed so I got there early. Nobody was there. Then again, there was also an advance screening for another movie a half hour after, so people were likely going to that. I have no idea how the other showings did.

witness

Holy shit that's a hugely impressive opening. I couldn't have imagined it would have a bigger opening night than TWS. Going on Sunday morning to hopefully avoid shitty crowds, very excited.

WOW!

Is all I can say....

Also theater was empty here in Korea.....All the other marvel movies have been sold out, but tonight it was seriously just me, my friend and 1 family there :'(

This movie deserves all the money.....gonna go see it again! ^_^

Tracking huge with kids, so Saturday could be a monster.

I was thinking that was what was gonna drive up the ticket sales. The Guardians have already appeared in both Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Ultimate Spider-Man, and you can be sure that a lot of kids have watched at least the latter.

Plus, what kind of kid would say no to a gun-toting talking raccoon?

Neoxon

My showing legit applauded after the movie.

Hell, a bunch of my Theatre & PALs friends saw the movie because of me & loved it.

Negaduck

Seeing it again with the gf. Wanted to watch it back to back but she said the second time had to be with her.

Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too good. . . I would catch it

Dave_6

Both IMAX showings here last night were fucking packed. I got there 45 mins early and was way back in line.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'm going to laugh if this movie outperforms Winter Soldier.

After having seen it now, I would not be surprised if it did outperform TWS. GotG is going to appeal to pretty much anyone, it's audience will be huge. Such an awesome movie.

Really???

I didn't expected Bautista to be this good! but those are great news! :D

Honestly Drax was oustanding in this, and Bautista did an excellent job. It's hard to pick a favorite character they all were so good. My gf liked Bautista the best, and I can't really argue with her. They were all so good that it's really more a choice of preference than the fact that one actor did better than the other.

I will say this, Bautista had some of the best lines and moments in the film. He downright got huge laughs from the audience.

Tacitus_

Really???

I didn't expected Bautista to be this good! but those are great news! :D

His delivery is really flat - but it's intentional so he works off the rest of the cast who are a lot more emotive (yes even Groot).

And yes, I'm saying that he got out acted by a walking sentient bush, but it worked very well for the film. His flat delivery got probably almost as much laughs as the hijinks of Rocket.

Man, with those Thursday numbers the sky is the limit for this movie. Word of mouth in my circles is fantastic, many people convincing others to go see it.

Pop

His delivery is really flat - but it's intentional so he works off the rest of the cast who are a lot more emotive (yes even Groot).

And yes, I'm saying that he got out acted by a walking sentient bush, but it worked very well for the film. His flat delivery got probably almost as much laughs as the hijinks of Rocket.

Alright but I totally disagree with you.

Top Bottom