• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
So this movie only managed to gross $11 million worldwide. Not only the lowest grossing Marvel film, but one of the biggest bombs of all time. How are they going to recover from this.

So this movie only managed to gross $11 million worldwide. Not only the lowest grossing Marvel film, but one of the biggest bombs of all time. How are they going to recover from this.

I don't see how they can. Eddie Murphy's career never recovered after Pluto Nash. Chris Pratt might be done. What a bomb.

....a Ch-ch-ch-ch-CHERRY BOMB

it's over for marvel

cancel avengers 3 and sell the rights to fox so singer can do it justice. he'll make the costumes way better too.

The Cap suit wasn't bad. It was really just the helmet.

It needed a chin strap. They learned for Cap 2 and Age of Ultron.

No. the whole suit was bad.
It looked exactly like a Captain America costume out of the costume shop.
It was too clean and colorful. The Winter Soldier suit was perfect, and I'm glad A2 borrowed and modified it slightly instead of Coulson's Colorful Costume.

No. the whole suit was bad.
It looked exactly like a Captain America costume out of the costume shop.
It was too clean and colorful. The Winter Soldier suit was perfect, and I'm glad A2 borrowed and modified it slightly instead of Coulson's Colorful Costume.

It's weird, everytime I see a picture of it I think "that looks bad" but each time I watch the movie I don't even really think about it, it seems to look fine in motion. Not my favourite suit but certainly not terrible either.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
what did they expect with that TV budget

Caps Costume in Avengers was great from his waist to his neck.

Costumes just look silly on film. You can works around it by never lingering too long on the actor in them. Whedon had a few real bad shots of Cap. The costume accentuated Evans skinny legs. Straight on shots of his head looked terrible. If he avoided those types of shots I don't think we're talking about how bad it looked.

His newer ones are way better.

Who ever did Ronan( I think his name was Lee Pace?) did a great job. It's been awhile since someone has pulled off such a menacing villian. We've seen the crazy villian archatype a lot lately as well as the anti-hero villian but something about Ronan in this film just hit all the right spots for me.

Movie was good. Not the best film of the year but it was fun no doubt.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Want to see this so bad. I'm hyped with all the good reviews (currently 92% fresh on RT).

Slizz

It's really hard for me to rank my favorite characters out of the crew. I really enjoyed everyone, except maybe Gamora, but still.

Xamdou

And meanwhile, WB won't even properly announce that the Justice League movie is a thing, let alone give it a release date.

WB is 10 years too early for a Justice League movie. They got to set the groundwork for it first rather than recasting majority of their JL super heroes.

kd-z

Just saw this two hours ago. Some of the jokes were great, some not so much and some felt forced, but hey, I'll take an enthusiastic sci-fi movie over another dry and serious sci-fi flick any day. And you can't deny this movie's enthusiasm. It just feels like it's happy to be a movie, like the people involved in production really wanted to make this and had fun all the way.

Rocket and Groot were awesome. Starlod (or Star-Lord?) was awesome as well. Drax was a big and positive surprise. Gamora was, well, not the most dangerous woman in the galaxy and that was a bit disappointing. I also felt like Saldana's character wasn't fleshed out enough and they could've skipped the Quinn-Gamora romance at all.

Overall I really enjoyed it quite a lot and I think it's going to grow on me with a second viewing :)

HarryKS

The soundtrack was nice.

This isn't a great movie though. It's enjoyable but flawed.

I suspect it might even get negative reviews after its current run.

TEJ

the wait for the blu ray release will be painful

If anybody here wants my ultraviolet HD version {assuming it gets one} i'll give it to you, just remind me when the movie is on blu ray..

same with CA TWS

Saw it last night. Really enjoyed it! A few missteps and some forced character progression aside, this is by far one of the best Marvel movies and one of the funnest Sci-Fi movies to come out in a long time.

Lebron

I don't get the Ronan hate. I was expecting him to be just awful going by some early rumblings. I liked him, he was a straight up menacing "don't give a fuck" villain. Generic? Sure. Granted, in this kind of film, not really a bad thing. Had a Vader EP4 vibe to him. I guess if you prefer his character arc from the comics, I can see the disappointment though.

Edit: Saw it again today. We probably see it on Sunday too. Gunn taking my money

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Seeing all the 'this movie is really fun' makes me want to see it even so much more. It's stupid to ask, but I'm assuming as someone who loves space opera in the likes of Star Wars, Star Trek, Halo and Mass Effect, I'm going to dig this.

TEJ

Seeing all the 'this movie is really fun' makes me want to see it even so much more. It's stupid to ask, but I'm assuming as someone who loves space opera in the likes of Star Wars, Star Trek, Halo and Mass Effect, I'm going to dig this.

I love all those too!

You're also gonna love this if you enjoy 70's pop music.

Toa TAK

Banned
T-MINUS 4 HOURS.

image.php

definitely. assuming it gets an ultraviolet HD release, it's yours.

Cool

It's a love letter to Star Wars and the movies that were spawned out of Star Wars' success.

MBR

Banned
Saw it tonight, on first row...

Was awesome from the first scene. I just knew that "oh man, s' gon be gud", then the next scene reinforced it, and the comic relief cemented it.

Might be the best MCU movie yet, though it's probably too early for me to say that after just seeing it.

The 3D was really good too, even on the craptastic projectors at my cinema.

Top Bottom