• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Son Of D

So many people I know have been talking about GotG recently. Whether it's how much they liked it, what they didn't like, wanting to see it etc. Feels like not even Avengers Assemble had this much talk for me. Last time I think I heard this much talk from my experience was Avatar.

Favorite scene is when Star Lord
opens the present from his mom, the vol. 2 mixtape. Then Ain't No Mountain High Enough plays. So perfect.

Love this movie so much. Best comic book movie.

I liked it, the best Marvel movie for me. The only complaint is the usual action flick thing in that I never got a feeling of the atmosphere of these amazing locations because of how fast it moved and character centric. I know its intentional, but universe looked like fun and I wanted to know more about it and live in it.

Is it better to go 3D or 2D with this movie? Haven't heard people talk much about it yet.

I saw it in IMAX 3D. It was great. I recommend that if you don't have issues with 3D in general.

Saw this tonight. It was a great theater experience. It's a good movie to watch with a crowd. I can't remember the last time I saw a movie get so many laughs. I thought the movie was fantastic. Movie.

Canon

Banned
I feel like all Marvel movies have the same damn generic villain with no personality and the same damn end fight scene where nothing is at stake and things are just blowing up Transformers style. The differences are very minor.

Did I like this movie? Yeah. But it's getting stale. I know people disagree and I'm not trying to change minds.

I liked X-Men because things felt like they mattered, and perhaps they actually did.

I feel like all Marvel movies have the same damn generic villain with no personality and the same damn end fight scene where nothing is at stake and things are just blowing up Transformers style. The differences are very minor.

Did I like this movie? Yeah. But it's getting stale. I know people disagree and I'm not trying to change minds.

I liked X-Men because things felt like they mattered, and perhaps they actually did.
I'm with you. At the end where
the net of star fighter ships were destroyed
felt hollow. I wanted to care because it was
quite the death toll
, but the movie didn't help me care.

El Sloth

Banned
Have we heard anything about a cartoon yet? I figure with the success of GotG it won't be long before Disney wants to sell kids some more Rocket and Star Lord toys.

Someone at Toonzone said it looked like a cross between Motorcity and the current Marvel Cartoons. Hoping for the best, especially being the first project made from scratch with Wacker in charge.

Neoxon

Someone at Toonzone said it looked like a cross between Motorcity and the current Marvel Cartoons. Hoping for the best, especially being the first project made from scratch with Wacker in charge.
Here's the designs.

MarvelDisney-600x760.jpg

They line up with the costumes on the Disney Infinity figures.

Sumidor

Just saw it, and I really enjoyed it. Bautista was surprisingly good and my god Nova Prime's assistant was gorgeous. I know she basically had two scenes and didn't even talk, but wow she was beautiful.

Just saw it, and I really enjoyed it. Bautista was surprisingly good and my god Nova Prime's assistant was gorgeous. I know she basically had two scenes and didn't even talk, but wow she was beautiful.
At first I thought you were complementing John C. Reilly or Peter Serafinowicz, and I was like yeah, they did look hot.

Seeing this tonight after finishing the 2008 - 2010 comics and the Thanos Imperative.

Anyway, are there mid and post credit scenes, or just mid?

glottis8

Banned
http://www.pajiba.com/celebrities_a...ns-costume-to-visit-sick-kids-is-flawfree.php

Ignore if old.

“I stole the jacket and some of the wardrobe so that, if this movie comes out and does what everyone hopes it can, I can follow the example of someone — say, like, a Russell Wilson — and go visit kids. If it was a big enough movie to where it would mean something to a kid who’s sick in the hospital for Peter Quill or Star-Lord to come visit them, I’ll do that. I think that’s awesome, man. That would give me real meaning for this movie, you know?
Right now, it means high profile, cool jobs coming up, big press tour, and all the excitement of it all. But none of that really means anything. The coolest things would be that my son can one day see this, and that maybe I can go affect some kids in a positive way; be a good role model for them.”

kurahador

Well to be fair, this is the only MCU movie since Avengers that didn't have that fancy credit sequence that usually plays before a mid-credit scene.

I find it weird to be honest.

Thanks for the reminder. She was great looking.

I knew she looked familiar. She was Dave's one night stand on the Pilot of Happy Endings.

y2dvd

Ok, how many people are dressing up as a GotG character in the future? Quill seems easy enough to pull off, minus him without a shirt!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Ok, how many people are dressing up as a GotG character in the future? Quill seems easy enough to pull off, minus him without a shirt!

I wanna be Star-Lord for Halloween.

It won't happen.

"Who are you meant to be?"

"..Star-Lord"

"Who?"

"Star-Lord, man. Legendary Outlaw?...Forget it"

number11

I've noticed that Bradley Cooper barely gets talked about. I thought his voice work was great. I was one of the people that wanted a cockney accent for the role.. But I can't imagine the drunken scene having the same emotional effect on me if Jason Statham was the voice actor lol.

Top Bottom