• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guccifer releases DNC dossier on Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody ignored your post but youre right.

Idk what the heck I'm gonna do...on one side you have Hillary and the other the lunatic. What am I supposed to do? Worst 2 noms in history IMO

Andrew Jackson would order his soldiers to cut off the noses of Native Americans that they slaughtered so he could count them in the comfort of his own tent. He ran against Henry Clay, a person known for brokering the Corrupt Bargain of 1824 that gave Adams the Presidency even though he didn't receive the most votes.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. You should probably crack a history book.

BowieZ

Banned
If Hillary Clinton's private speeches come with the implication that she'll change federal law in the future to benefit the organization she's giving the speech to then she's doing some pretty shitty negotiating to be getting the same speaking fees as Guy fucking Fieri.

Then again, maybe Guy Fieri drops his super secret recipe for killer hot wings in each of his speeches to it evens out.
How many speeches does Guy Fieri make a year to people who could potentially be a conflict of interest if he were to soon thereafter run for and secure the US Presidency?

Foffy

Banned
Why are her speeches worth so much? She's free to do them, but I wonder what these companies think they're getting out of them. Will it raise productivity that much? Or is it more about being able to push their agenda to Hillary while she's there?

People with lots of money genuinely piss it away.

In this case, it's merely warped senses.

Mr. X

This is kind of hilarious. Risk going to jail for a while to tell people it costs a lot of money to have a Clinton do public speaking.

What a waste.

kingslunk

This is kind of hilarious. Risk going to jail for a while to tell people it costs a lot of money to have a Clinton do public speaking.

What a waste.

The majority of the docs were sent to wikileaks. For them to go through the information to make sure nothing could actually harm/risk getting someone hurt/killed. This was a fraction apparently to prove that he actually hacked the DNC.

I knew it, FRAAAAUUUUUUUDDDDDDD

Still waiting for the McDonalds file.

All in all we should no longer sit back and allow this rigged system where the person with the most votes wins.

Mael

The majority of the docs were sent to wikileaks. For them to go through the information to make sure nothing could actually harm/risk getting someone hurt/killed. This was a fraction apparently to prove that he actually hacked the DNC.

You better hope they didn't do any real research on Sanders or there's a whole lot of scales that will fall out of people's eyes...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
How many speeches does Guy Fieri make a year to people who could potentially be a conflict of interest if he were to soon thereafter run for and secure the US Presidency?

You do realize he's the mayor of flavor town right.

studyguy

She's a brilliant woman with decades of political experience she should be worth more than Tom Cruise showing up, let alone speaking.

I'm more concerned about the people who actively pushed Mike Meyers' asking price up to $250k. I mean maybe he comes dressed up as Shrek to parties or something.

Serious question for HillGAF here:

IF the DOJ were to indict her on RICO charges and failing to secure classified information, would you still continue to support her or do you believe she should drop out?

Just hypothetically speaking. Not interested in arguing whether it's likely or possible or not. I'm just curious how far you guys are willing to go to support her?

I'll vote for Clinton, Sanders, Obama for third term if he could etc etc.

Doesn't matter to me. As long as the democratic presidential nominee is on the left side of the political spectrum and is likely to appoint liberal SCOTUS judges, that is all that matters to me.

They got my vote.

IF the DOJ were to indict her on RICO charges and failing to secure classified information, would you still continue to support her or do you believe she should drop out?

Just hypothetically speaking. Not interested in arguing whether it's likely or possible or not. I'm just curious how far you guys are willing to go to support her?

I mean, it certainly would depend on the specifics. I mean, if she were in serious legal trouble, I think the DNC would probably do what they could to replace her. But I guess that falls into the territory of arguing whether it's likely or not. It would obviously come down to the details of the case. I mean, I think it goes without saying that there are things that are illegal that I don't think are immoral. If it were in that umbrella, I'd probably still vote for her.

And truthfully, considering the other option if Donald Trump, it would have to be something really, really bad in order for me not to vote for her. We've got two options. I'm gonna pick the least bad one because that's how it works, and that's how its always fucking worked.

I'm a minority who doesn't want to see a Trump presidency realized and I'm deeply concerned over the future makeup of the Supreme Court.

Jenov

You do realize he's the mayor of flavor town right.
lol
dead2.gif

Speaking fees are bush league levels of influence and bribing. There are plenty of other legal ways to pay politicians unlimited money without even having to disclose who is donating it. Is it gross politicians can get paid so much money by businesses to speak? Yep. But in terms of campaign finance reforms, public speaking fees aren't even in the top 10 of priorities. Blame congress. They won't ever pass reform because they get to soak in the money without term limits.

News at eleven, the Clintons and Trumps are rich white(orange) people.

commedieu

Banned
Speaking fees are bush league levels of influence and bribing. There are plenty of other legal ways to pay politicians unlimited money without even having to disclose who is donating it. Is it gross politicians can get paid so much money by businesses to speak? Yep. But in terms of campaign finance reforms, public speaking fees aren't even in the top 10 of priorities. Blame congress. They won't ever pass reform because they get to soak in the money without term limits.

Rich white people aren't making the nation's quality of life better for anyone but the wealthy. Anyone see that wealth gap?

LOL though.

At that point I'd say she should drop out.

I don't support Hillary. I support the Democratic nominee. I've soured on Sanders, but if he was the nominee, let's play ball in the GE. He's not the nominee. Simple as that.

Andrew Jackson would order his soldiers to cut off the noses of Native Americans that they slaughtered so he could count them in the comfort of his own tent. He ran against Henry Clay, a person known for brokering the Corrupt Bargain of 1824 that gave Adams the Presidency even though he didn't receive the most votes.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. You should probably crack a history book.
It was dumb hyperbole I threw in at the end. Regretted soon after but someone already quoted.

Could revise it to my lifetime but even that probably not accurate

HRC Voted to Place Restraints on Bankruptcy Courts.

HRC Voted to Toughen Bankruptcy Laws on Disabled Workers.

HRC Voted to Toughen Bankruptcy Laws on Single Parents.

HRC Voted to Toughen Bankruptcy Laws on Teenagers.

HRC Voted Against Exempting Low Income Workers from Means Test in Bankruptcy Bill.

HRC Voted for Cloture on Bankruptcy Bill, that Made it More Difficult for Debtors to Seek Relief.

HRC Voted Against Punishing Corporate Fraud in Bankruptcy Court.

HRC Voted Against Allowing Employees to Recoup Back Pay and Healthcare Costs if Their Employer Declared Bankruptcy.

HRC Voted Against Protecting Debtors from Lenders Who Violate the Truth in Lending Act.

HRC Voted Against Protecting Victims of Identity Theft From Provisions of Bankruptcy Bill.

HRC Voted Against Setting Credit Card Interest Rating Ceiling.

HRC Twice Voted to Make it More Difficult For People with High Medical Expenses from Filing for Bankruptcy.

HRC Voted Against Allowing Elderly to Claim Federal Homestead Exemption.

HRC Voted Against Exempting Troops, Veterans, and their Widows from Means Tests.

HRC Voted to send negotiators the Senate version of the Bankruptcy Reform legislation making it tougher for people to erase credit card and other debt in bankruptcy court.

HRC Voted Not To Require A Study Of The Bankruptcy Bill’s Effects.

commedieu

Banned
HRC Voted to Place Restraints on Bankruptcy Courts.

HRC Voted to Toughen Bankruptcy Laws on Disabled Workers.

HRC Voted to Toughen Bankruptcy Laws on Single Parents.

HRC Voted to Toughen Bankruptcy Laws on Teenagers.

HRC Voted Against Exempting Low Income Workers from Means Test in Bankruptcy Bill.

HRC Voted for Cloture on Bankruptcy Bill, that Made it More Difficult for Debtors to Seek Relief.

HRC Voted Against Punishing Corporate Fraud in Bankruptcy Court.

HRC Voted Against Allowing Employees to Recoup Back Pay and Healthcare Costs if Their Employer Declared Bankruptcy.

HRC Voted Against Protecting Debtors from Lenders Who Violate the Truth in Lending Act.

HRC Voted Against Protecting Victims of Identity Theft From Provisions of Bankruptcy Bill.

HRC Voted Against Setting Credit Card Interest Rating Ceiling.

HRC Twice Voted to Make it More Difficult For People with High Medical Expenses from Filing for Bankruptcy.

HRC Voted Against Allowing Elderly to Claim Federal Homestead Exemption.

HRC Voted Against Exempting Troops, Veterans, and their Widows from Means Tests.

HRC Voted to send negotiators the Senate version of the Bankruptcy Reform legislation making it tougher for people to erase credit card and other debt in bankruptcy court.

HRC Voted Not To Require A Study Of The Bankruptcy Bill’s Effects.

SHHH

We are supposed to all be laughing at how meaningless this all is.

How cute, you still believe it was for speaking.

I've attended speeches by well known political figures (while working in dirty, scary PwC), those speeches really are nothing. Someone shows up who may or may not know what he's talking about, and everyone goes home happy being able to say they rub shoulders with the famous and powerful.

Boney

Banned
Surprised people just focusing on the speeches. (And stopping at the notion that it's just a direct bribery as if this was a children's cartoon show).

I find the party internal memo about muddying the water regarding the email scandal and anything involving the Hillary Victory Fund by "utilizing reporters to drive a message" and by leaving "no fingerprints".

But people here will still parrot how there's no media bias and it's all just rating based.

commedieu

Banned
Surprised people just focusing on the speeches.

I find the party internal memo about muddying the water regarding the email scandal and anything involving the Hillary Victor Fund by "utilizing reporters to drive a message" and by leaving "no fingerprints".

But people here will still parrot how there's no media bias and it's all just rating based.

Yep.

Gallbaro

Banned
So basically if you take into account the private jet, first class tickets, business class tickets, president suite and hotel rooms - you'd have to spend in the vicinity of 350-400k$ to have her talk for an hour.
Having been to a few events like this, there really are no speeches... They are networking/lobbying events.

10k seat for "Being part of the band" at a NYC democratic event btw.

JABEE

And why should people not call out all forms of corruption? People are giving the Clintons a pass because they are better than Trump or whoever the GOP manages to put on the ballot.

When you don't push back and criticize, you are are telling politicians that this type of corruption is okay. You are okay with politicians and regulators taking large cash payments from the companies they regulate as long as they are out of office.

I hold high level politicians and cabinet members to a higher standard than a page or intern.

SHHH

We are supposed to all be laughing at how meaningless this all is.

Yeah this all sounds bad when put out of context. What bills were these votes attached to? Maybe they didn't go far enough? Isn't that the reasoning for Sanders not voting for immigration reform? It is meaningless without the context.

pigeon

Banned
Surprised people just focusing on the speeches. (And stopping at the notion that it's just a direct bribery as if this was a children's cartoon show).

I find the party internal memo about muddying the water regarding the email scandal and anything involving the Hillary Victory Fund by "utilizing reporters to drive a message" and by leaving "no fingerprints".

Do you maybe have a link and some citations?

These Hillary threads are going to earn me a tag.

So there is nothing wrong or illegal what she did, she just made a lot of money?

Boney

Banned
Do you maybe have a link and some citations?
http://nypost.com/2016/06/16/leaked-document-shows-the-dnc-wanted-clinton-from-start/

The document, posted online by the hacker “Guccifer 2.0,” outlines ways to hit back at the GOP presidential field, such as “use specific hits to muddy the waters around ethics, transparency and campaign finance attacks on HRC.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ow-ugly-connections-clinton-article-1.2676755
http://www.mediaite.com/online/how-the-dnc-and-media-conned-us-into-clinton/

Kin5290

http://nypost.com/2016/06/16/leaked-document-shows-the-dnc-wanted-clinton-from-start/

The document, posted online by the hacker “Guccifer 2.0,” outlines ways to hit back at the GOP presidential field, such as “use specific hits to muddy the waters around ethics, transparency and campaign finance attacks on HRC.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ow-ugly-connections-clinton-article-1.2676755
http://www.mediaite.com/online/how-the-dnc-and-media-conned-us-into-clinton/
And? What's your point?

Should the DNC have hired a precognitive who would have alerted them that Bernie Sanders would become an actual contender for the Democratic nomination in six months time?

What exactly is the issue with the DNC looking at the person who had a very high likelihood for becoming the next Democratic nominee for President and start planning early to counter Republican attacks on her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom