• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guccifer releases DNC dossier on Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
HRC Voted to Place Restraints on Bankruptcy Courts.

HRC Voted to Toughen Bankruptcy Laws on Disabled Workers.

HRC Voted to Toughen Bankruptcy Laws on Single Parents.

HRC Voted to Toughen Bankruptcy Laws on Teenagers.

HRC Voted Against Exempting Low Income Workers from Means Test in Bankruptcy Bill.

HRC Voted for Cloture on Bankruptcy Bill, that Made it More Difficult for Debtors to Seek Relief.

HRC Voted Against Punishing Corporate Fraud in Bankruptcy Court.

HRC Voted Against Allowing Employees to Recoup Back Pay and Healthcare Costs if Their Employer Declared Bankruptcy.

HRC Voted Against Protecting Debtors from Lenders Who Violate the Truth in Lending Act.

HRC Voted Against Protecting Victims of Identity Theft From Provisions of Bankruptcy Bill.

HRC Voted Against Setting Credit Card Interest Rating Ceiling.

HRC Twice Voted to Make it More Difficult For People with High Medical Expenses from Filing for Bankruptcy.

HRC Voted Against Allowing Elderly to Claim Federal Homestead Exemption.

HRC Voted Against Exempting Troops, Veterans, and their Widows from Means Tests.

HRC Voted to send negotiators the Senate version of the Bankruptcy Reform legislation making it tougher for people to erase credit card and other debt in bankruptcy court.

HRC Voted Not To Require A Study Of The Bankruptcy Bill’s Effects.

This post brought to you by:

https://investmentwatchblog.com/hil...s-could-get-her-out-of-running-for-persident/

I may be wrong, but in the context of this thread, it came off a lot like "white people were smart enough to vote Bernie" to me

I guess I can't speak for the poster in question, but Sanders has taken a lot of flack for not connecting with minority voters. That's what I assumed they meant, but I could be wrong.

HRC Voted Against Exempting Low Income Workers from Means Test in Bankruptcy Bill.

HRC Voted for Cloture on Bankruptcy Bill, that Made it More Difficult for Debtors to Seek Relief.

HRC Voted Against Allowing Employees to Recoup Back Pay and Healthcare Costs if Their Employer Declared Bankruptcy.

HRC Voted Against Protecting Debtors from Lenders Who Violate the Truth in Lending Act.

HRC Voted Against Protecting Victims of Identity Theft From Provisions of Bankruptcy Bill.

HRC Twice Voted to Make it More Difficult For People with High Medical Expenses from Filing for Bankruptcy.

HRC Voted Against Exempting Troops, Veterans, and their Widows from Means Tests.

HRC Voted to send negotiators the Senate version of the Bankruptcy Reform legislation making it tougher for people to erase credit card and other debt in bankruptcy court.

How many bills are represented there? It looks like mostly regarding bankruptcy.

Why are her speeches worth so much? She's free to do them, but I wonder what these companies think they're getting out of them. Will it raise productivity that much? Or is it more about being able to push their agenda to Hillary while she's there?

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

carlsojo

I don't get the big deal. A speaker got paid a bunch of money to speak at a bunch of places and we're supposed to be mad about that? Wooooo.

dave is ok

aztek is ok

Seems like Hillary wants poor American lives to continue past Chapter 7 and end at Chapter 13.

pigeon

Banned
http://nypost.com/2016/06/16/leaked-document-shows-the-dnc-wanted-clinton-from-start/

The document, posted online by the hacker “Guccifer 2.0,” outlines ways to hit back at the GOP presidential field, such as “use specific hits to muddy the waters around ethics, transparency and campaign finance attacks on HRC.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ow-ugly-connections-clinton-article-1.2676755
http://www.mediaite.com/online/how-the-dnc-and-media-conned-us-into-clinton/

Wait, is it really just this again?

So whats the summary of this? That she makes a lot of money on speeches and likes to fly private with perks like most millionaires? I have my issues with her but if the choice I have this November is between Clinton or the buffoon Trump, thats going to be one of the easiest decisions of my life.

danm999

Yeah, it looks like it. Just more fodder and talking points for Trump for the next week or so.

Hahaha I'd love to see how Trump, Mr. I'm so fabulously wealthy and successful, would spin Hillary making bank in the week where it's been revealed his campaign is a broke ass mess begging special interest donors to pony up.

How come when other men in politics do it, it's totally fine? She's a famous and powerful person. Get over it.

The only people that I see still bringing it up are the butthurt Bernie supporters to boot. Bernie lost. Move the fuck along.

So whats the summary of this? That she makes a lot of money on speeches and likes to fly private with perks like most millionaires? I have my issues with her but if the choice I have this November is between Clinton or the buffoon Trump, thats going to be one of the easiest decisions of my life.

Well, yes. That's why I said early in the thread that it's sort of worthless to Trump.

If HRC was running against some sort of feel-good, upper-middle-class personal success story candidate then this could be marginally useful in the sense of painting her as the beneficiary of enormous wealth and personal privilege.

But... she's running against Donald Trump. There's basically no line of attack he can draw that includes the words "greedy", "money", "privilege", or "sleazy business" that isn't going to come crashing right down on top of him.

pigeon

Banned
Hahaha I'd love to see how Trump, Mr. I'm so fabulously wealthy and successful, would spin Hillary making bank in the week where it's been revealed his campaign is a broke ass mess begging special interest donors to pony up.

Actually this is definitely the #hottake from this week.

Clinton is so much better than Trump she's actually significantly better at being a rich rentier parasite than he is and it's not even her main job.

Anybody who can negotiate a $250k speaking fee from a public university can definitely negotiate better trade deals for the United States of America.

GYODX

Obama himself has written about the corrupting effect of money in politics from his own experience fundraising. So why is it so hard for gaffers to accept that reality when it's their preferred candidate under attack for it?

I could quote the excerpt from his book, though it's always conveniently ignored whenever I've done so.

This thread: “I mean why should somebody go steal and break the law to get all they can when there's always some law where you can be legal and get it all anyway!”

Are you even aware of the issue? Its an old one, shes already claimed she regretted voting for it. But thats what Hillary does. Votes then regrets later.

Depends on if its funny to you personally or not. Take a moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWHlw_gum1M

Is that funny?

Yeah, I'm aware of the issue. Me being aware of said issue has fuck all to do with me thinking someone depositing some pearl-clutching, Facebook Post from Your Uncle-level news "site" is funny or not (it is).

commedieu

Banned
Yeah, I'm aware of the issue. Me being aware of said issue has fuck all to do with me thinking someone depositing some pearl-clutching, Facebook Post from Your Uncle-level news "site" is funny or not (it is).

eh.. I guess so man. But the items on the uncles news site, are legitimate items. So.. I guess lul.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Her speaking fees line up with fees paid by the same companies to other people with the same levels of fame. Should Hillary accept less than Lance Armstrong just because she used to be in political office?

Pretty much. It's basically the equivalent of paying Beyonce to show up at your birthday party.

Totally non-shocking,

Beyonce and Lance Armstrong aren't running to be the President of the United States, nor would they be in a position to make decisions that would be favorable to these companies and those individuals connected to those companies. (or decisions unfavorable to their opponents).

We are suspicious/skeptical about the influence of money from areas like the NRA, oil companies, tobacco companies, law firms, banks, brothers with the last name Koch, old guys with the last name Soros, the military industrial complex, the prison industrial complex, and all these other things. Rich people and corporations alike tend to act in their self interest. All of them.

Is this not worthy of (at the very least) suspicion and a healthy dose of skepticism? #wearethe47%

pigeon

Banned
eh.. I guess so man. But the items on the uncles news site, are legitimate items. So.. I guess lul.

Are they though?

that website said:
PULSE SHOOTING IS FAKE – 100% PROOF OF CRISIS ACTORS – FOX NEWS INTERN PATIENCE CARTER WOW!

FEMA is preparing for a major event. Workers told get everything ready by June 30th… JUST QUIETLY ACTIVATED CIVILIAN CORPS.

Executive Order 13603 – Obama authorizes SLAVE LABOR on a large scale on American soil.

Are they really?

Obama himself has written about the corrupting effect of money in politics from his own experience fundraising. So why is it so hard for gaffers to accept that reality when it's their preferred candidate under attack for it?

I could quote the excerpt from his book, though it's always conveniently ignored whenever I've done so.

I feel like we used to have more rules in campaign finance. Remind me what happened, again?

A big nothingburger from the looks of it.

Not surprising, if anyone actually had something on Clinton that would really damage her, it's not like they would've saved it. She's been under constant scrutiny and attack for close to 30 years now.
Seriously. How long has she been in the game?

If there were any serious dirt on her, it would have been aired LONG ago.

Beyonce and Lance Armstrong aren't running to be the President of the United States, nor would they be in a position to make decisions that would be favorable to these companies and those individuals connected to those companies. (or decisions unfavorable to their opponents).

We are suspicious/skeptical about the influence of money from areas like the NRA, oil companies, tobacco companies, law firms, banks, brothers with the last name Koch, old guys with the last name Soros, the military industrial complex, the prison industrial complex, and all these other things. Rich people and corporations alike tend to act in their self interest. All of them.

Is this not worthy of (at the very least) suspicion and a healthy dose of skepticism? #wearethe47%

It's clear to me now that we have the same expectations from Lebron James, Beyoncé, and the cast of GOT that we do the leader of our country.

commedieu

Banned
Are they though?

Are they really?

The context of my post was about what was pasted in the thread. Didn't think I had to clarify that. But since were are doing this. Digging around the site for something no one posted here is on you to try to discredit something shes already apologized for, like most of her blunders she can't see down the road on, while others can.

There are several legitimate sources that cover the items pasted in the thread. The messenger about how she fucked people over with her vote doesn't matter to me. It is still an important example of how she lacks the ability to make solid decisions that factor in the future.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The context of my post was about what was pasted in the thread. Didn't think I had to clarify that. But since were are doing this. Digging around the site for something no one posted here is on you to try to discredit something shes already apologized for, like most of her blunders she can't see down the road on, while others can.

There are several legitimate sources that cover the items pasted in the thread. The messenger about how she fucked people over with her vote doesn't matter to me. It is still an important example of how she lacks the ability to make solid decisions that factor in the future.

You just planning on ignoring his post then?

Uh, he is already talking about this on his Twitter: how she took money from foreign governments in exchange for political favors etc.

danm999

Uh, he is already talking about this on his Twitter: how she took money from foreign governments in exchange for political favors etc.

That's the Clinton Foundation stuff though isn't it? Not necessarily her speaking fees. Though I don't doubt he'll try his Crooked Hillary line there too.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

That site is filled with conspiracy theories about the Orlando shooting and such quality posts like "Anyone notice the Rainbow Heart at the top of the YouTube.com page?" that leads to a youtube video about the "evils" of LGBT+ pride.

I don't think that site is exactly legit, and I'm sure that there are plenty of other reputable sources out there like you claim. I just think it's pretty reasonable to question the authenticity of anything the originates from that site.

commedieu

Banned
You just planning on ignoring his post then?

And just as Mrs. Clinton has tried to distance herself from her Iraq vote, she has said she regrets her bankruptcy vote and wishes she could have it back.

The Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2001 that Sen. Clinton voted for eventually died in Congress, but a similar measure became law in 2005. Sen. Clinton has said she would have opposed the 2005 bill, but she missed the vote because she was with her husband during surgery.

The 2001 bill "had some things I agreed with and other things I didn't agree with, and I was happy that it never became law," Sen. Clinton said at a Jan. 15 debate in Las Vegas.

The 2005 law made it more difficult for people to qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which lets individuals pay creditors a portion of the debt they owe. Instead, the new law directed more people toward Chapter 13 bankruptcy, which requires repayment plans.

Both the 2001 and 2005 bills "were bad ideas because they were pushed by the credit-card companies, they were pushed by the mortgage companies and they put the interests of those banks and financial institutions ahead of the interests of the American people," Sen. Obama said at the Las Vegas debate. "And this is typical."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB120113997862512117

No need to ignore it.

That site is filled with conspiracy theories about the Orlando shooting and such quality posts like "Anyone notice the Rainbow Heart at the top of the YouTube.com page?" that leads to a youtube video about the "evils" of LGBT+ pride.

I don't think that site is exactly legit, and I'm sure that there are plenty of other reputable sources out there like you claim. I just think it's pretty reasonable to question the authenticity of anything the originates from that site.

I dont think the sites legit, but the info about the bill and her support is true. As Obama pointed out.

I mean, it's pretty clear to me that the argument being made by most posters isn't "Money can't possibly corrupt politicians, and it's silly to say so!" If that were their position, you would have a point. As it stands, it looks more like you're putting on a good show of knocking over a straw man.

commedieu

Banned
She didn't vote for it in 2005.

as my post says?

hers a nice TLDR:

Both the 2001 and 2005 bills "were bad ideas because they were pushed by the credit-card companies, they were pushed by the mortgage companies and they put the interests of those banks and financial institutions ahead of the interests of the American people," Sen. Obama said at the Las Vegas debate. "And this is typical."

as my link says?

It makes the whole thing pretty moot. Her 2001 vote was hinged on a bunch of amendments to help women (I'd like to see the final vote tally, it's possible she acted to try and make something she thought was going to pass anyway better) and when it actually came up for a proper vote into law she opposed it.

This is your smoking gun of corruption?

Generally when you buy a vote they actually have to ya know vote oh and usually when you buy a vote the person you're buying doesn't describe it as holding their nose.

commedieu

Banned
It makes the whole thing pretty moot. Her 2001 vote was hinged on a bunch of amendments to help women (I'd like to see the final vote tally, it's possible she acted to try and make something she thought was going to pass anyway better) and when it actually came up for a proper vote into law she opposed it.

This is your smoking gun of corruption?

Smoking gun? No. Just a history of bad decisions for the benefit of the wealthy. Like the Iraq War vote. The 2001 vote was just as damaging to the public as the 2005 one. As our president noted, due to putting the values of creditors and banks over the people.

You just said nothing to rebuke excelsiorlef.

The original link sourced is missing context, that's the short and long of it.

Rebuke the idea that I'm all of a sudden representing team clinton is corrupt? That was placed on me. I took issue with people laughing off her support of a fucked up bill, that as our president noted, was just as bad as the 2005 one because of who was behind it.

edit:

I didn't post that... uncle news site.... just noted that the statements were on point with her vote.

Fat4all

Banned
Smoking gun? We on Xfiles? This a Gotcha Moment?

No. Just a history of bad decisions for the benefit of the wealthy. Like the Iraq War vote. The 2001 vote was just as damaging to the public as the 2005 one. As our president noted.

You just said nothing to rebuke excelsiorlef.

The original link sourced is missing context, that's the short and long of it.

cheezcake

Partisanship is a hell of a drug. People will do as many mental backflips as necessary to convince themselves their candidate is near perfect, as soon as you concede a single fault its viewed as giving ammo to the GOP.

What are they saying in these speeches that justifies such a high price?

Secret passcodes to give to the IRS and other Federal agencies to avoid investigation. Clintons run those groups even when they aren't in power, true fact.

She's an accomplished human being, that's what justifies the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom