• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyware

Haha, just won 400 gems by posting this pic on Twitter :)
Ce9W6O1WsAALC3t.jpg:large
It's from SAB: Back to School so Iddia's look is very outdated. Kinda miss that look now to be honest. Love the pic and thought it would be fun to actually try one of their twitter giveaways for once. Good decision apparently :D

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...e-Notes-April-1-2016-Part-2/first#post6076086

General
  • Fully customizable UI has been added, with scripting support for Ada, COBOL, and Fortran.
  • All fine and masterwork gear now comes in blister packs. Blister packs must be triple-clicked to open and have a chance to inflict bleeding.
  • All food items can now spoil. Spoilage rates are determined by the ingredients in the recipe.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented players from entering Super Adventure Box on live servers.
  • Due to the chaotic nature of magic, bloodstone dust no longer stacks.

World vs. World
  • Added the new Siege Reactivator trick, which reactivates siege equipment that has been disabled via the Siege Disabler trick.
  • Added the Super Siege Disabler trick, which prevents reactivation via the Siege Reactivator trick.

Structured Player vs. Player
  • Increased the size of all PvP badges while not in PvP.
  • Added retaliation to all target golems.

Fractals
  • In order to streamline the experience of Fractals of the Mists, every fractal has been replaced with Swampland.
  • Removed all terrain and environment assets from the Mossman encounter. Players will now engage the Mossman in a featureless, gray, circular room, and this is why we can’t have nice things.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed ascended boxes to drop from fractal daily chests.

Mystic Forge
  • Added toilet-flushing sound effect on use of the Mystic Forge.

Dungeons
  • All dungeons now penalize failure and have been darkened based on their difficulty. Dying in lighter dungeons will delete items or currency, but dying in the darkest ones will delete your character.

Profession Skills
Elementalist
  • Removed fire attunement.
  • Added dual keyboard support to better support proper elementalist key binding.

Dragonhunter
  • Now deals 50% bonus damage to dragons and their minions.
  • Aegis now ends after 5 attacks instead of 1 attack.

Scrapper
  • Now gains bonus items when salvaging.
  • Elixir X now uses a random skill from all skills, including monster skills.

Chronomancer
  • Fixed an exploit that allowed chronomancers to go back in time and kill their opponents in PvP before the match began.
  • Portal’s recharge has been removed, and the colors of the effects have been changed to blue and orange.

Necromancer
  • Death shroud can now only be activated from the downed state.
  • Scepter autoattacks now apply fear.

Revenant
  • Coalescence of Ruin: Increased damage, range, number of targets, and area of effect while in WvW.
  • Added a Kilroy Stonekin legend. All skills cause you to run at the closest enemy and scream “KILROY STONEKIN!”

Thief
  • Stealth no longer ends when you attack.
  • Steal now transfers ownership of a random weapon from your opponent to you.

Berserker
  • Fixed a bug that allowed warriors to get kills in Ranked PvP.
  • Hundred Blades: This skill’s number of attacks has been increased to 100 to properly match its name.

Also Gwen's Attire was datamined. I was hoping it was her Deldrimor Armor, I want ittt

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Can someone briefly explain how Engineers work to me? When you swap to a kit, like say flamethrower or grenade, are you in that kit using those abilities for as long as you want, until you swap to another? And while you are in a kit, the type of actual weapon you have equipped (pistol or rifle or hammer) doesn't matter?

Is it common for specs to be like entirely flamethrower or grenade, and pretty much never use their stock pistol or rifle weapon skills?

Can someone briefly explain how Engineers work to me? When you swap to a kit, like say flamethrower or grenade, are you in that kit using those abilities for as long as you want, until you swap to another? And while you are in a kit, the type of actual weapon you have equipped (pistol or rifle or hammer) doesn't matter?

Is it common for specs to be like entirely flamethrower or grenade, and pretty much never use their stock pistol or rifle weapon skills?
Yes. Think of kits as another weapon swap. Weapon swap sigils will even activate when you change kits.

It is relatively common to see engineers camping flamethrower (to be fair, it is fun) but it's not the most effective build. Engi is really complex and versatile, to get the most out of the profession you should be swapping kits a lot.

But if you're just futzing around in open world, anything goes. Also rocket boots are really fun for getting around

Xion385

Haha whatever you like but I promise you can manage with a Necro or any other class. I'd rather see you abandon a class because you didn't like how it played in this game than because you're concerned it won't be strong. You're sharing my experience at launch, the closest thing I played to an MMO before GW2 was GW1 so this was my first and still only, persistent world, true MMO. It's awesome just exploring and discovering hidden areas and easter eggs ANET embedded in the game your first time through and hopefully you'll encounter plenty of positive experiences with the community. The hardcore cutthroats are mostly roaming the Raid so just running around zones doing events should be a positive and fun experience. Anyway, did you join the GAF guild yet? If you see a player name that starts with "Squalls", that's me and you can feel free to hit me up with questions or to play with you in-game.
I did join the guild. My gamertag is Ill Raise [Insert verb associated with class here] Ur Bones. I will take you up on that offer of asking for advice.

Now I need to think of a verb for my elememtalist. I guess Ill Scorch Ur Bones is fine. I'm just carrying over my naming system from GW1.

I did join the guild. My gamertag is Ill Raise [Insert verb associated with class here] Ur Bones. I will take you up on that offer of asking for advice.

Now I need to think of a verb for my elememtalist. I guess Ill Scorch Ur Bones is fine. I'm just carrying over my naming system from GW1.

I do the same thing, it always begins with Squalls meant to be Squall's but can't do an apostrophe and then either an emotion or characteristic that's relevant to the profession. My Elementalist is Squalls Wrath, Mesmer is Squalls Deception, Guardian is Squalls Courage, Revenant is Squalls Vengeance and Necromancer is Squalls Darkness. It makes it pretty fun to come up with a name when I create a new toon. Never thought I'd make more than one toon, maybe two tops as I stuck with just the one for the entirety of GW1's life. I think what made that easier though was that creating builds for heroes felt like making a new toon so that satisfied me enough. That and that a lot of stuff in GW2 is account wide so I don't feel like I'm losing progress by making more toons.

In case you're still worried about necromancer, they aren't so bad. I'm a huge fan of reaper is all.

Also, yay Twilight get. (finally)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I gotta say, I'm really kind of bothered that you are limited to 5 character slots (before additional unlocks) even as someone who purchased the base game before it went F2P. That's just not enough for a game with 9 classes.

I gotta say, I'm really kind of bothered that you are limited to 5 character slots (before additional unlocks) even as someone who purchased the base game before it went F2P. That's just not enough for a game with 9 classes.

It's an MMO with no subs, i think it's a fair trade off, they gotta make money somehow..

Anoregon

It's an MMO with no subs, i think it's a fair trade off, they gotta make money somehow..

That makes sense for an entirely F2P game, but the 5 char limit for folks who actually purchased the game when it was B2P is too limiting.

I mean, ESO has a similar model and the you get 8 characters there for just having purchased the base game.

That makes sense for an entirely F2P game, but the 5 char limit for folks who actually purchased the game when it was B2P is too limiting.

I mean, ESO has a similar model and the you get 8 characters there for just having purchased the base game.

You don't have to spend a dime on character slots, you can save a lot of gold and buy them with gold, at the current gold to gems exchange rates 172g/slot..

Anoregon

You don't have to spend a dime on character slots, you can save a lot of gold and buy them with gold, at the current gold to gems exchange rates 172g/slot..

Oh, I had no idea that was a thing. I'll keep that in mind.

Press O the next time you in game, it will bring up the Cash Shop, that window has 3 tabs, cash shop, gold to gems exchange rate, and trading post, you can always check the exchange rates when you want to buy an item for the cash shop, nothing in the cash shop requires hard earn money, it can all be bought with gold, just gotta put that grind in lol..

xeris

Out of my 41 slots 5 were from the base game, 1 from HoT. Somewhere around half of the remaining 35 I got through gems. Although when I did it the ratio was MUCH better. The ones I paid for I mostly waited for sales.

Anoregon

Ya, I noticed the ratio for 800 gems is just under 170g at the moment. Is that a lot? Like what's a nornal amount of gold for someone to have once they have been playing a level 80 character for a while?

Ya, I noticed the ratio for 800 gems is just under 170g at the moment. Is that a lot? Like what's a normal amount of gold for someone to have once they have been playing a level 80 character for a while?
Total gold value for a persons account will vary, but it's not hard to make dozens of gold a day at level 80 depending on content played and if you are able to play the trade post.

Anoregon

That doesn't sound too bad. Now I guess I just gotta decide what character to actually to to level up. i hit 16 on the engineer I made the other day, It is fun just running around with a flamethrower.

Spyware

I just left the NA servers and hopped back over to EU. Since I'm not playing with the guild anyways since a while back it's not gonna be that noticeable I guess ;P

Had a great time doing missions, dungeons and other things with you that year before HoT. Thanks so much for everything from me and Cresc.

Xion385

Total gold value for a persons account will vary, but it's not hard to make dozens of gold a day at level 80 depending on content played and if you are able to play the trade post.

So you can literally not spend a dime extra on the game, but still get all the items you want from the shop? Is gold fairly easy to come by or it's worth spend the cash on stuff just to save time?

Zeroth

So you can literally not spend a dime extra on the game, but still get all the items you want from the shop? Is gold fairly easy to come by or it's worth spend the cash on stuff just to save time?

Depends. A lv 80 can get about 10g per day if they do the hotspots, so take that as you will

Depends. A lv 80 can get about 10g per day if they do the hotspots, so take that as you will

If you like to grind you can make 100g-200g a day running AB meta with multi characters grand chest farming, the most i have made before puking from the grind was 50g, but other players say you can make more than 300g depending on your exotic luck..

EDIT:Rare Weapons are selling again, people are willing to take that chance on Forge gambling over making a pre-cursor, when HoT first released rares weren't selling, now they are selling just like pre-HoT, and prices are close to pre-HoT.

Zeroth

If you like to grind you can make 100g-200g a day running AB meta with multi characters grand chest farming, the most i have made before puking from the grind was 50g, but other players say you can make more than 300g depending on your exotic luck..

Well, I mean, playing casually with stuff like daily Tequatl and etc. I picture a new player is not going to do a hardcore farming method that requires multiple lv 80s and supernatural micromanagement

Wanderer5

I just left the NA servers and hopped back over to EU. Since I'm not playing with the guild anyways since a while back it's not gonna be that noticeable I guess ;P

Had a great time doing missions, dungeons and other things with you that year before HoT. Thanks so much for everything from me and Cresc.

D: Have fun back on the EU servers! Was great running with you two during the GAF dungeon runs.:)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
we're going to have missions today?
I will try to post reminders in here, but we did run a couple tonight and will continue to run missions for whoever is interested. I am able to run them myself again now for the most part, and I'll always at least post if I am specifically not going to.

Anoregon

Are axes a viable weapon choice for rangers? I really like the idea of being a viking that throws axes at dudes.

So they don't work on dungeons, they don't work on guild missions, they don't work on legendary weapons, they don't work on SAB, they don't seem to work on fractals or WvW despite all the talk; what is the sustainable content they do work on that we are supposed to believe will keep the game healthy?

It can't all be boom or bust. Give us shit to do and work on when there's not a new living story episode to try out. Anyone who actually asked for a GW2 expansion should be fed to a dolyak.

I need to level up faster to group up with GAF during the weekends. Theoretically, how fast can you max your level?
Theoretically, you can level a character from 1 to 80 in about 60 seconds.... If you have the leveling tomes and scroll for it.

Otherwise it's closer to a week.

Wanderer5

I did World 1.

I might do it again for the warhorn, but I don't think I am willing to do it enough times for the entire collection. :(

Heh same. I got the shield for my engi to go with the King Toad's pistol I already have, but I not sure if I want to go through it 14 more times lol. Think I try for the warhorn too.

Anoregon

So I didn't realize until recently that you can't just transmog the look of gear at will, and those consumable charges are a thing. Are they easy to come by at end game? Like can you get them for karma or whatever?

So I didn't realize until recently that you can't just transmog the look of gear at will, and those consumable charges are a thing. Are they easy to come by at end game? Like can you get them for karma or whatever?

They're super easy to come by, especially if you play PvP.

Every time you complete a map in open world you usually get a transmutation charge (sometimes a Black Lion Key instead if you're lucky). You can complete the cities for a guaranteed transmutation charge and they're pretty quick since they're small and don't have any hearts.

You can buy them from the gem store I guess, but don't, it's not worth it.

Indignate

Depends on how you like to roll.

I feel as if you get more than enough..

Others might find that there isn't enough for them to change clothes everyday.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Since the game doesn't retroactively recognizes that I have done HotW story (I have the cheevo but not the pvp track), anyone wanna help me out?

Thorgal

Hi guys , thought i stick my head in here and let you know i am still alive .

is the server down for anyone else ?

I tried to log in but it keeps getting an error .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom