• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroth

Now to never PvP ever again til the next season maybe

67gIskW.jpg

Xion385

Is there a good website/resource for the best current builds? I'm playing with an elementalist, but not sure how to build him for PvE and such.

Pro

So what do you all do with bank tabs full of Ascended Rings from Fractal runs? I spent the 20 gold to savage 20 of them but only got Stabilizing Matrix out of it. Basically a waste of 20 gold. Guess the only other option is to sell them to a merchant for 2 Silver a piece.

Quenk

So what do you all do with bank tabs full of Ascended Rings from Fractal runs? I spent the 20 gold to savage 20 of them but only got Stabilizing Matrix out of it. Basically a waste of 20 gold. Guess the only other option is to sell them to a merchant for 2 Silver a piece.

Unifused ones aren't really worth salvaging from my experience. I've just been keeping one of each in case I need them, salvaging the infused ones and selling the uninfused. I know some people infuse the rings so they can salvage them but idk if it's worth the effort.

If you have tons of extra mists essences laying around, it's maybe worth it to infuse the rings and then salvage them

I'm disappointed to see stabilizing matrices from fractal boxes, but I'm somehow more disappointed to see ascended rings because they're useless AND worthless, lol. At least matrices are worth 27 silver

Pro

Unifused ones aren't really worth salvaging from my experience. I've just been keeping one of each in case I need them, salvaging the infused ones and selling the uninfused. I know some people infuse the rings so they can salvage them but idk if it's worth the effort.

Yeah I've kept all of my infused ones. But truth be told none of those have stats I like anyway so I could salvage those as well. Will just start selling the uninfused ones to merchant. No way would it be worth the effort to infuse them. Takes a whole lot of random mist essence drops to do that. Plus I still need to infuse my zerker rings on my main. Was hoping to get infused zerker rings as drops by now, but no luck so far.

spiritfox

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...in-Spring-Quarterly-Update/page/7#post6095601

Two weeks ago I posted that we were starting integration and final testing for the Spring Quarterly Update. It’s been two busy weeks. The quarterly update is through QA and looking good. We’re going to announce the release date tomorrow.
As we prep for release, you’ll notice that we’re not doing the series of advance blog posts that we had done for some prior releases. Hopefully that’s not too surprising; I’ve written a few times since taking this role that I think our job is to delight you with what we ship, not with talk and promises.
With everything prepped now, let’s have some fun together and see some hints of what’s coming, and then we’ll see you in the game on release day.

Clearos

Waiting for PvP season to be over to start on a brand new reroll to get back into GW2. I feel too compelled to pvp all night with the season running. Now just need to figure out if i want to learn Rev or remake my thief from a sylvari to a human.

explodet

World 1 of Super Adventure Box is a delightful little romp.
World 2 of Super Adventure Box is a swim upstream of the River Styx with chains around your arms and shackles on your ankles while a little man stabs you in the ear with an icepick.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That looks like ass.

Well no one uses shortbow anyway.

Tangential, but I'm really torn on the core mechanic of GW2 combat, namely your primary skills being dictated by your equipped weapon. On the one hand I think it's a pretty cool and novel approach, but on the other hand I dislike how it totally removes weapon type as an aesthetic choice.

Like, I want to be a viking ranger that dual wields axes to throw at people, but that actual weapon skillset attached to that idea is mediocre most of the time. I have to choose between the sort of (to use a WoW term) class fantasy I like best versus the actual gameplay mechanics that make me effective.

It's nice to see that they're doing trailers again... but there was literally 11 seconds of content in that 33 second video. 5 seconds for the intro and 16 seconds for the outro. 66% of the video was filler. :/

Excited to be able to finally finish the fractal backpack, but not looking forward to everyone and their mom wearing the big ugly wings for the first few weeks. My eyeeesss

I hope this update isn't as tiny as it looks like it will be

Hedge

Is there a date for the patch yet? I forgot if Anet does tuesday or thursday patches.
And wow, they fixed ranger sword. Maybe I'll go back to sword/axe like at launch.

Retro

Ive missed how you have such a great way of describing things. LOL

Well it's true! You go to attack an enemy with Ranger sword now, but instead go completely cross-eyed, dive face-first into their groin, do a little wobbly twirl like the Tasmanian Devil ripped on Goldschlager, throw yourself ass-backwards into the dirt and then pffffffkkkttt; poop-geyser right off a cliff leaving nothing but a very confused enemy and a few noxious dribbles.

I like that the ranger sword changes generated more hype for the Tuesday patch than the hype video did

Tuesday's patch is a vague, nebulous coagulation of "stuff they might do," and my general impression is a lot of people (especially WvWers) are getting themselves worked up for a whole lot of nothing. Ranger Sword sucking is something most players have experienced first hand and Ranger Sword not sucking is something they can immediately get behind.

That pic gives me goat.se flashbacks AND makes me think Sauron is invading Tyria.

Jesus man, it's always orcs and orifices with you.

Currently expecting April 19th, but with the way they've been talking recently it may not even hit that deadline.

I dunno, they put out a video with a release date, that seems fairly firm to me.

Callunah

Neo Member
Well it's true! You go to attack an enemy with Ranger sword now, but instead go completely cross-eyed, dive face-first into their groin, do a little wobbly twirl like the Tasmanian Devil ripped on Goldschlager, throw yourself ass-backwards into the dirt and then pffffffkkkttt; poop-geyser right off a cliff leaving nothing but a very confused enemy and a few noxious dribbles.

this. LOL

Season Two of PvP is almost over and it is a step up from Season One. I made it to Diamond with only two losses in Ruby. My only suggestion is to wait a week or so to let the ESL people get out of the lower tiers so you won't get stuck in a metronome of winning&losing.

I also have almost every SAB weapon unlocked, minus the remaining 12 orange weapon skins that are locked behind time. I'm going to get the BoomBoxes next so my character looks more gangsta, lol j/k.

I couldn't bear to subject myself to SAB often enough to earn even one of the weapons, let alone all of them. o_O

I played the hell out of the first world when it first came out, but when they released world 2 with the cash shop continue coin i said fuck that, and I haven't played SAB since...

Quenk

Just a reminder that the achievements for finishing fractals 1-20 and 21-50 are getting removed next patch. A lot of people are working on completing them so you should be able to find parties in the LFG (even for the annoying 41-50 fractals)

Proven

I dunno, they put out a video with a release date, that seems fairly firm to me.

Okay, didn't notice they actually put a release date in that post. Up until then, the snippets they put on the forum like "it's in Q&A, we're trying to get everything ready, etc." made it sound like they weren't sure if they wanted to wait a week or not.

Just a reminder that the achievements for finishing fractals 1-20 and 21-50 are getting removed next patch. A lot of people are working on completing them so you should be able to find parties in the LFG (even for the annoying 41-50 fractals)
Why are they being removed?

Retro

I got puke green and piss yellow weapons with the power of cash

this is how I avoid insanity

All three acts of World 2 go on far too long, so I can't say I blame you got buying those in the slightest. World 1 is tighter, but I don't think I'd have it in me to do 16 full Trib runs there either... and I actually really like running SAB.

The years of hype for SAB sort of dampened the experience for me. My expectations were high but it's just more jumping puzzles for me to suck at. Definitely not something I would want to do over and over. (World 1 was fun the first time round. World 2 was misery.) Not my thing, I guess.

Unrelated, PvP season ended today. I am finding it difficult to care about my rank (and thus playing PvP in general) when it seems to be a test of endurance rather than skill. I am not feelin it. I just want the backpack.

I hope we look back on this time period as a weird detour for the game.

EDIT: Looks like the lord in Foefire will get a downed state soon. https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/722047553135583232

Spyware

I'm pretty sad the special aura infusions are buyable for so little as 100g-ish. As someone who ran it all by myself it felt worth so much more. Now people are just gonna assume I bought it and even if they don't the effect isn't in any way special.
Such a stupid mistake from Anet :(

leng jai

The years of hype for SAB sort of dampened the experience for me. My expectations were high but it's just more jumping puzzles for me to suck at. Definitely not something I would want to do over and over. (World 1 was fun the first time round. World 2 was misery.) Not my thing, I guess.

Unrelated, PvP season ended today. I am finding it difficult to care about my rank (and thus playing PvP in general) when it seems to be a test of endurance rather than skill. I am not feelin it. I just want the backpack.

I hope we look back on this time period as a weird detour for the game.

EDIT: Looks like the lord in Foefire will get a downed state soon. https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/722047553135583232

I could have told you from day one that outside of the skins SAB stinks.

PVP balance is still an joke when Mesmers are invulnerable 24/7, Dragonhunters laughably OP and thieves absolutely useless.

Red Hood

Banned
So I decided to play a little GW2 again after a few months, but I see it's downloading a big ~9ish GB file. What is this supposed to be? I remember already downloading HoT when it released. Normally those sizes don't faze me with 200Mb (25MB) internet, but the GW2 client downloads it rather slowly at 1MB/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom