• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting Nemesis. So I need to get a lot of exalted keys for my alts?

Before April 19th update I needed to run the map for currency, now I don't, Grand Chest has a chance of giving Lumps of Arrillium, 5 or 25, since 4/19 update my currency is just climbing, from 1.5k to 8k currently I always have 200keys, and I haven't done this run in over 2 weeks closer to 3...since it's a farm it gets really boring, but if you want loot or Ectos(i got1700lol) you run this boring farm..

EDIT:Speaking of drops, each grand chest also has a chance to drop champ bags, i save all the bags i get and open them base on how much Bloodstone dust i eat every day, right now i got 1100champ bags to open, well one of those bags gave me a pre-cursor 3 weeks ago...

Just a temp look, still WIP..

gw183x7s52.jpg

plan on changing gloves..

Before April 19th update I needed to run the map for currency, now I don't, Grand Chest has a chance of giving Lumps of Arrillium, 5 or 25, since 4/19 update my currency is just climbing, from 1.5k to 8k currently I always have 200keys, and I haven't done this run in over 2 weeks closer to 3...since it's a farm it gets really boring, but if you want loot or Ectos(i got1700lol) you run this boring farm..

EDIT:Speaking of drops, each grand chest also has a chance to drop champ bags, i save all the bags i get and open them base on how much Bloodstone dust i eat every day, right now i got 1100champ bags to open, well one of those bags gave me a pre-cursor 3 weeks ago...
I'm not catching why you open them based on bloodstone consumption, why is it you hold off opening them exactly?

I'm guessing bank space is a limiting factor. Storing that many bags takes up much less space than the materials they produce.

That's my guess too but wanted to make sure there wasn't something specific in the bag I wasn't familiar with. Can't believe he got a precursor out of a bag from one of those chests though! All the more motivation to do that meta. I've been trying to get it in once a day anyway because the xp is amazing for little time and effort and so I finally have a good way to learn those damn jungle masteries.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So generally speaking 1 main (to grab all the chests) and 4 alts (for the grand chests) should be fine right

So generally speaking 1 main (to grab all the chests) and 4 alts (for the grand chests) should be fine right

I don't waste my keys on crap chest, I only open 5 grand chest and move to another character if i have the time, plus in a squad with multi-maps i will jump back on my main and run a few more maps...

Boss Doggie

looking at the chest list, yeah it seems like it's pointless to unlock lower chsts

I've yet to see a "multiple" map instance in lfg

looking at the chest list, yeah it seems like it's pointless to unlock lower chsts

I've yet to see a "multiple" map instance in lfg

You won't see a multi-map in LFG, just join a squad, LARGE squads, they will have people in squad chat saying I am in map 2 or people asking if we have 2 maps...

I joined multi map squads from lfg every time I've done it, did it like 4 times yesterday. They usually start forming up before the meta starts and they fill up pretty quick. You can probably just join any tag on your maps though and they'll be a multi map squad 80% of the time

Living in AB this weekend funded the rest of my cat bow. Yaaay I'm done. It has some fun interactions with the bobblehead lab

unknown.png

Projectiles that it shoots get big heads too

unknown.png

The baby tiger that clings to your back gets a giant head ;-;

I got the first step into Central Tyria mastery where I was able to buy the book thinger to get me started on crafting Sunrise. I looked up a picture to see what it looks like and there was an image showing how to get the greatsword and everything looked to be grinding stuff to toss into the mystic forge. But when I bought the book it started the achievement collection thing and it appears instead I need to go do particular events or something to get the different parts. Are both ways possible or did they change things at some point and the grinding mats method no longer works? And I'm assuming the collection method in the achievements would be more enjoyable to work towards, anyhow?

What are the different tiers about? Am I able to craft it at tier 1 but it just gets some better stats at tier 2? Or is it all required to finish getting it?

And then lastly, with this collection method I seemingly just started do I need to actually need to be able to craft it as a weaponsmith? Because I don't currently have weaponsmithing.

Just yet another thing for me to lazily poke at.

There are two parts to crafting Sunrise, you need the precursor:

• Dawn
And then the rest of the components to toss into the mystic forge:

• Gift of Sunrise
  • Gift of Fortune
  • Gift of Mastery
Those three components are the "grinding" stuff. Those four together make Sunrise.

In order to make the Gift of Sunrise, you actually need a 400 weaponsmith AND a 400 armorsmith. But you actually will need a 500 weaponsmith for the Dawn collection.

The collection that you started is to make Dawn, the Precursor. The collection to make it has three tiers, you have to do them sequentially:

Sunrise I: The Experimental Daysword
Sunrise II: The Perfected Daysword
Sunrise III: Dawn

Collections 1 and 3 will be mostly doing little odds and ends. Collection 2 is a material dump that will cost you a lot of money.

Note that it might actually be a bit cheaper to just buy Dawn off the Trading Post atm
. It's pretty close for buy orders. Crafting it can be more fun than just stockpiling gold though.

...well, that certainly seems tougher than I was expecting. So that picture guide I came across that says to get Dawn you just toss four rare/exotic greatswords of level 76+ together into the mystic forge must have been some older method? Just looked it up and it seems that may still work but I guess it's random? The picture makes it sound like you're guaranteed either dawn or dusk so try a few times to get the right one. I bet the odds must be quite low.

"Mystic Forge: chance when combining four rare or four exotic pieces of equipment with an average level of 75 or higher, e.g. one L60 weapon + three L80 weapons or three L75 pieces of armor and a L75 weapon."

Well...I'll have plenty of time before I get around to requiring Dawn anyhow so I guess I'll decide if I want to swap from Chef to Weaponsmith or whatever. Armorsmith is around 376 so it wouldn't be too terrible to keep working that one up for when it's needed.

And buying isn't an option. I have around 20g.

Zeroth

...well, that certainly seems tougher than I was expecting. So that picture guide I came across that says to get Dawn you just toss four rare/exotic greatswords of level 76+ together into the mystic forge must have been some older method? Just looked it up and it seems that may still work but I guess it's random? The picture makes it sound like you're guaranteed either dawn or dusk so try a few times to get the right one. I bet the odds must be quite low.

"Mystic Forge: chance when combining four rare or four exotic pieces of equipment with an average level of 75 or higher, e.g. one L60 weapon + three L80 weapons or three L75 pieces of armor and a L75 weapon."

Well...I'll have plenty of time before I get around to requiring Dawn anyhow so I guess I'll decide if I want to swap from Chef to Weaponsmith or whatever. Armorsmith is around 376 so it wouldn't be too terrible to keep working that one up for when it's needed.

And buying isn't an option. I have around 20g.

The mystic forge method is unreliable and mostly a gamble. You could get it in 4 attempts or throw 1500g and not get it. The best way is really to work towards it on your own way, be it saving money or doing the collection.

Spyware

...well, that certainly seems tougher than I was expecting. So that picture guide I came across that says to get Dawn you just toss four rare/exotic greatswords of level 76+ together into the mystic forge must have been some older method?
The "old method" of getting precursors is luck, yes. You can get precursors from most loot sources in the game, JPs, World Bosses, enemies in WvW, random mobs and so on. But it's all luck. I've played for ~4k hours and have never gotten one. The Mystic Forge guarantees you an exotic greatsword if you put four exotic greatswords in but it can be any sword in the game. Can be a precursor if you're extremely lucky, or more often just a waste of gold. This is all still there which means people get them and don't want them and so they sell them on the TP. So you could always buy them for lots of gold.
Players asked for a non-luck based way of working towards precursor and so the "precursor crafting" was finally put in, that's the thing you unlocked. That way is the only way to get the new precursors/legendaries added with Heart of Thorns. The problem is that it's basically just as expensive and also time-consuming. Some like it, I hate it. When I realised how expensive and annoying the whole thing was I just bought the precursor I needed.

The "old method" of getting precursors is luck, yes. You can get precursors from most loot sources in the game, JPs, World Bosses, enemies in WvW, random mobs and so on. But it's all luck. I've played for ~4k hours and have never gotten one. The Mystic Forge guarantees you an exotic greatsword if you put four exotic greatswords in but it can be any sword in the game. Can be a precursor if you're extremely lucky, or more often just a waste of gold. This is all still there which means people get them and don't want them and so they sell them on the TP. So you could always buy them for lots of gold.
Players asked for a non-luck based way of working towards precursor and so the "precursor crafting" was finally put in, that's the thing you unlocked. That way is the only way to get the new precursors/legendaries added with Heart of Thorns. The problem is that it's basically just as expensive and also time-consuming. Some like it, I hate it. When I realised how expensive and annoying the whole thing was I just bought the precursor I needed.

Ah, that all makes sense.

I started following those links above to look into it and I see that Sunrise is just one half of Eternity. That seems nuts. Anyhow, I have my doubts I'll ever get a legendary since I have no idea how you all get the gold for it. I get 2g a day from the daily. So I'll be able to get the precursor in about a year? Neat.

Twilight Arbor got a new explorable dungeon path during the first Living Story connected to Scarlet, so it's too bad we probably won't have something like a new Caudecus's Manor path connected to the White Mantle.

I started following those links above to look into it and I see that Sunrise is just one half of Eternity. That seems nuts. Anyhow, I have my doubts I'll ever get a legendary since I have no idea how you all get the gold for it. I get 2g a day from the daily. So I'll be able to get the precursor in about a year? Neat.

The original legendaries were designed so that it would take the average player about a year to complete. If you start doing fractals, dungeons, and HoT map metas you'll make way more than 2g a day. :D Start with 100% map completion and harvest all the nodes you see on the way, that's a good chunk of money and mats.

Congrats!

nataku

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4l0kkn/psa_your_account_is_not_safe_support_is/

Yikes.

EDIT: Well, that was quick. Basically you can provide almost any kind of info to GW support about an account and get an email reset link sent to you by them for that account. I won't post examples, but there are some really crazy brain dead examples he gave that work. Even the additional info they required sometimes can be completely made up. Shit, there was one instance where he told them nevermind, it's not his account and they sent him the email reset link anyway. All this depends on the support member you get obviously, but this guy had a success rate of about 50%.

Also, once you get a hold of someones account you can log in to their GW1 account through the client and simply hit edit to get their full name and mailing address. It's completely unsecured.

Retro

This barely sounds like hacking and more like giant holes in their support / security training. That's incredibly disappointing, you would think with all the effort they put into keeping the game running smoothly without any down time, they'd invest in making sure it's secure too. It also seems irresponsible to shutter the thread completely like that too, it should be left open (all exploit info removed, of course) to make people aware of the issue. If whining on the subreddit can get SAB back, it damn well should be able to expose security issues.

Not like it really matters, there's nothing the average person can do about it though because it's all internal issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4l0kkn/psa_your_account_is_not_safe_support_is/

Yikes.

EDIT: Well, that was quick. Basically you can provide almost any kind of info to GW support about an account and get an email reset link sent to you by them for that account. I won't post examples, but there are some really crazy brain dead examples he gave that work. Even the additional info they required sometimes can be completely made up. Shit, there was one instance where he told them nevermind, it's not his account and they sent him the email reset link anyway. All this depends on the support member you get obviously, but this guy had a success rate of about 50%.

Also, once you get a hold of someones account you can log in to their GW1 account through the client and simply hit edit to get their full name and mailing address. It's completely unsecured.
That's... really odd. I remember when the game released and there were those weird bans on tons of accounts for no tangible reason, my brother got banned. Because I had paid for his GW1 account at some point, not only would they not let him unlock anything, but he had to call them and have them speak to me. More security than my credit union.

At last, made up my mind on which ascended set of armor to create and made it last night. Ascended everything woooo! When trying to decide which toon to main the last thing I would have expected happened, I chose to return to my first, my Ele. Tempest's overloads are the skills I didn't know I wanted. A lightning storm was just too cool to pass up ;p So he went from mismatched crap armor to a full set of ascended gear haha Took a little longer after deciding on light armor since you need quite a few more bolts of damask than heavy but it's done.

I can now finally shift my focus to a legendary...gulp. As my Ele has reclaimed position as my main, it looks like I'll be going for a staff so Nevermore it is. It looks like I'm going to have to buy LS 2 though as there is no possible way to finish mastering the Legendary line without those missions for mastery points since I masted all the other Central Tyria lines first. I haven't looked at the achievements but hopefully they aren't too bad. I want to say you get some just for beating the missions.

So how torturous is it to create Nevermore? ;p The good news is I can splurge on mats if need be because I can't think of anything else in the game worth spending gold on.

Congrats! That is now my burden. Have any tips for someone just starting out?

Boss Doggie

So how does one farm in Frostgorge during the Blood week? Run around do events while eating up all those pact mapping items?

how's the ecto farm coming along?
thanks to you was able to rack up a lot!

Though I guess I'm still slow, in a given 3 map squad, I could only bring my main and my second alt, and both have perm swiftness and movement skills

Boss Doggie

So how does one "farm" in Frostgorge?

Because I was hit with diminishing returns immediately even before reaching the 10 Vial mark.

Violet_0

Banned
been playing GW2 again the last couple days after a years-long break, getting the expansion delivered tomorrow. I rolled an Ele and got into the mid 60s before I realized that I won't be able to play them as I want to without being burden to any group I join outside of WvWvW. Like, is anyone going to take my staff Ele to a raid? I wanted to do a damage + heal build, but that's not going to happen either because they absolutely require damage + crit chance + crit damage it seems. So I switched to Necro right now, which hopefully lets me be at least a little creative with my character build. Not sure what I'm using the lvl 80s boost on, yet - maybe a Mesmer as my old main, or Dragon Hunter

quick question, my Necro needs to fully level up all specializations before I can unlock the Reaper specialization?

Zeroth

been playing GW2 again the last couple days after a years-long break, getting the expansion delivered tomorrow. I rolled an Ele and got into the mid 60s before I realized that I won't be able to play them as I want to without being burden to any group I join outside of WvWvW. Like, is anyone going to take my staff Ele to a raid? I wanted to do a damage + heal build, but that's not going to happen either because they absolutely require damage + crit chance + crit damage it seems. So I switched to Necro right now, which hopefully lets me be at least a little creative with my character build. Not sure what I'm using the lvl 80s boost on, yet - maybe a Mesmer as my old main, or Dragon Hunter

quick question, my Necro needs to fully level up all specializations before I can unlock the Reaper specialization?

The raid group I am with sometimes has a Healer ele that runs staff, but in most cases druid covers healing for raids. In most contents where there is a meta (specially raids), builds that deviate from it tend to be frowned upon unless the group is ok with it.

To unlock a elite spec you will need to fully unlock all other trait lines. Luckily for you, just getting to lv 80 gives enough points to unlock everything on your base class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom