• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if I should just craft Dusk than save up money.

that 90 deldrimor is killing though, much more than the spiritwood

It's ~200g cheaper to craft right now: https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/29185-Dusk

I crafted mine, the only buggy/painful part was needing Teq's whirlpools for the 3rd collection. BUT it turns out there's a
(not intended but probably still fine)
way to get around that if you can't find a map bad enough to get whirlpools to happen

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
my main problem really are the gated stuff

I was hoping they'd lift the gate when they did legendary crafting

Violet_0

Banned
I think I'll really like Maguuma. Verdant Brink is probably the best MMO zone I've ever seen. The environment looks great, jumping and gliding around the tree canopy is way more fun than riding on boring mounts, I love the vertical level design, the non-combat RPG-like masteries system is awesome. But I suppose I'm 6 months late with that

the story quests have come a long way too since release. I don't know why I'm commander now and who all these people are (I assume I need to purchase those story quests to find out), but they're way better designed than the old ones. Oh, and the jungle dragon is far more interesting than the lame undead-summoning one

Pro

Question: The Bifrost II and Nevermore II collections are more or less exactly the same. If you had both collections unlocked at the same time and turned in your 250 Basic Elder Staffs to a Master Artificer, would you get credit for both the Bifrost II Basic Elder Staff Requisition and the Nevermore II Basic Staff Requisition simultaneously?

I'm sure that's too good to be true but since the achievements unlock simply for turning in the item, what's to stop both achievements from unlocking at the same time?

Question: The Bifrost II and Nevermore II collections are more or less exactly the same. If you had both collections unlocked at the same time and turned in your 250 Basic Elder Staffs to a Master Artificer, would you get credit for both the Bifrost II Basic Elder Staff Requisition and the Nevermore II Basic Staff Requisition simultaneously?

I'm sure that's too good to be true but since the achievements unlock simply for turning in the item, what's to stop both achievements from unlocking at the same time?

When you talk to the Master Artificer you start the dialogue by saying "I'm working on crafting the Bifrost" or "I'm working on crafting Nevermore". Once you hand in the Basic Elder Staffs (or anything else for that collection) they're consumed and counted towards whichever collection you started the dialogue with.

Pro

When you talk to the Master Artificer you start the dialogue by saying "I'm working on crafting the Bifrost" or "I'm working on crafting Nevermore". Once you hand in the Basic Elder Staffs (or anything else for that collection) they're consumed and counted towards whichever collection you started the dialogue with.

Thanks.

Retro

Heart of Thorns is 30% off at Amazon ($34.99)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZSF6ZAG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Update Notes:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-1-June-2016

A few choice items;
  • Added an option called Disable Player Chatter to the Sound Options tab. Enabling this option will disable all player chatter VO, such as boon and condition gain, mantra and shout lines, reward acquisition commentary, and low-endurance notifications.
  • New parties are becoming interested in ley-line energy.
  • For a limited time, all super rare Contract items in the Black Lion Chest have three times the chance to drop. Please note: they are still very rare.
  • Hearts and Minds
    • Changed the way all fights reset to prevent bugs that occur in repeated attempts.
    • Changed the final phase of Canach’s encounter to guarantee Canach can always give up his shield and Blighted Canach does not remain determined indefinitely.
    • Blighted Eir now uses a teleport skill to reach Garm to revive him.
    • All blighted bosses are now immune to life-steal effects while vulnerable to the Reality Rift.
    • Canach is no longer affected by the Reality Rift when using it against Blighted Canach.
    • Changed how the final Reality Rift activates to ensure it always activates when ready.

Edit: Oh yeah, you can vote for an official name for the "Bi-conics," in the next Living Story: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/choose-a-name-for-tyrias-heroes/

Your choices are "The Unbroken", "Dragon’s Watch" or "Eternity’s Guard." Not crazy about any of them, but "Dragon's Watch" at least makes sense.

All of the ley-energy will be mine!

cQwYglv.jpg

Taffer

I was gonna whinge yesterday about the terribleness of Hearts & Minds putting me off running the HoT story on alts until I saw a bunch of relevant patchnotes. Look at them fixes!

Fixed a bug that prevented the Guild Weaponsmith from selling the Guild Speargun.

OFFICIAL SUPPORT* for NEW* UNDERWATER CONTENT*.

*Sort of. Technically.

Stuart444

From the data-mining on reddit, it looks like the living world S1 will be replayable soon (or playable for those of us that weren't there)?

Also the Hearts and Minds thing is great considering I was worried about that when I was looking at some of the future missions and saw quite a few bugs on that quest that haven't been fixed until well... now lol. (almost done Act 2 so still a bit to go anyway at least)

Retro

From the data-mining on reddit, it looks like the living world S1 will be replayable soon (or playable for those of us that weren't there)?

Nah, that's already been explained; it's just the new tab the minis fall under now;

0xOxpqU.jpg

Edit: Lots of people are getting frustrated in map chat about fighting over the Ley Line orbs. These events aren't going anywhere so it might be better to wait a bit when there aren't so many people fighting over them.

Retro

damn it :(

I just want to play the damn thing. It's annoying how we can just jump from end of story to LWS2 without doing S1.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's ever going to happen. A lot of the really cool stuff in Season 1 like the Nightmare Tower, Marionette and Battle for Lion's Arch were big events that required a lot of players (Battle for LA was basically zone-wide). Getting them condensed down into a single player instance is not only going to be tough, but the reason they were so fun is because they were big, multiplayer events. The marionette is probably the only one they can drop into the world now and have it make sense (I've been saying they should drop it into the Queen's Gaunlet area for years now, as part of a "We kicked Scarlet's Ass" celebration), but with the mists they can basically time travel people to whatever events they want... Having some kind of new fractal-like content that basically shuffles through the big Living Story events every day (sort of like activities) might be a way to go, but it wouldn't be part of a cohesive story.

Looking back at what we've gotten out of Season 2, I wish they'd actually go back to the temporary approach of Season 1. Yes, new players miss out on it, but it also made the world feel alive (and the pace was much better too). Just wandering around the world now and seeing the Ley Line Probes or the ruins of the Nightmare Tower, that sort of stuff is what MMO worlds should be about. Keeping everything in instances where the world remains static isn't nearly as interesting (and the tradeoff; having Destiny's Edge 2.0 get more character moments, doesn't seem worth it).

All the instanced storytelling in the world doesn't compare to logging in every two weeks and seeing the world change on a radical scale. Watching Lion's Arch get destroyed was an amazing experience, and while it sucks that people can't see it now, if they were still putting content out that way, they'd be around for whatever big, world-changing thing happens next.

Retro

New content? I'm in

Like I said earlier, people are getting irritable about the Ley Line orb achievements (you need to get 30 for both the Priory and Consortium agents), but the event will probably be around for weeks so waiting to get that one might be less frustrating.

Otherwise, it's kind of a cool one-off event that's giving little hints of what's to come. Consortium hasn't been active in a while, so I'm curious to see what they're up to.

Ashodin

Like I said earlier, people are getting irritable about the Ley Line orb achievements (you need to get 30 for both the Priory and Consortium agents), but the event will probably be around for weeks so waiting to get that one might be less frustrating.

Otherwise, it's kind of a cool one-off event that's giving little hints of what's to come. Consortium hasn't been active in a while, so I'm curious to see what they're up to.

Yess get more factions into the mix

Boss Doggie

ah right, new event

what maps are they mostly on? I'd like to know so I know which character to bring

Boss Doggie

I guess it's better to do in Mount Maelstrom for the map reward potential

EDIT: wait, so it's just blazeridge for now

Retro

Deluxe edition at 30% off worth getting over regular?

You get an extra character slot (about $10), but the rest isn't really worth it (A glider skin, a mini pet, a guild hall decoration we have a bunch of already). Probably better to buy the standard edition and a gem card.

Sadness, the sale is only in the US. I've been trying to convince my old roommate to pick up the game again, but he's only interested in PvP, and the core specs are underpowered in that mode... waiting for a Canadian sale to play together again. :(

Retro

New Build:
Bug Fixes
  • The “Defeat the Inquest to prevent them from capturing the Ley-Energy Coalescence” event will now create player-specific versions of the ley-energy items to reduce competition.
  • Fixed a bug that caused multiple gliders to trigger the wrong sound effect under several circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug with the flute instrument that prevented successive presses on a given note key from playing the note for that key, even if subsequent notes would be an entire octave apart from the initial key press.
  • Fixed a bug with musical instruments that caused a short delay for the audio script to play notes when players switched to a new octave.

RG0BS1U.gif

Nyoro

Neo Member
Hello guys!

Is there anymore room left in the guild? If there is, is it possible for me to get an invite?

Name: Nyoro.8041

Retro

Now that there isn't a mad frenzy for the Ley energy orbs, the problem now is that everyone is so occupied going after them that the event fails quickly, meaning no one can turn them in for credit at all.
JUWnj.gif

Hello guys!

Is there anymore room left in the guild? If there is, is it possible for me to get an invite?

Name: Nyoro.8041

Just sent you an invite, check your guild panel next time you log in!

Nyoro

Neo Member
Now that there isn't a mad frenzy for the Ley energy orbs, the problem now is that everyone is so occupied going after them that the event fails quickly, meaning no one can turn them in for credit at all.
JUWnj.gif

Just sent you an invite, check your guild panel next time you log in!

Thank you so much!

Ken

Finally picked up the expansion and frozen with indecision on what to use the free 80 boost on lol.

Does silverwastes only let you try out classes with a single weapon?

Taffer

Is that extra gift of exploration burning a hole in your bank yet?

Finally picked up the expansion and frozen with indecision on what to use the free 80 boost on lol.

Does silverwastes only let you try out classes with a single weapon?

I think it'll give one of each weapon you can use. The L80 trial can be used on as many characters as you like until you confirm you want to perma-boost one of them to 80 so there's no harm in using it to find out.

I have a Balthazar Longbow skin in my bank. it sells for only 14g. I don't like the aesthics of it. What do I do? Do I just sit on it hoping it goes up in price?
It feels weird to sell a Black Lion Weapon for that little. On the other hand It's cool how many tickets, scraps and now even black lion weapon that drops.

I'm unsure what to use my lvl 80 boost on. I think Engineer. Its the only class I havent got to lvl 80. But which race? 8 out of my 10 characters are humans. I only have a Sylvari Druid and Asura Mesmer besides that.

After buying LS2 I was able to get a bunch more mastery points for clearing it so now it's possible for me to get enough mastery points to finish the Legendary mastery line. After I knock out the last of the Triple Trouble chievos I'll just need 4 more points which brings me to....Anyone want to form a group to knock out LS2 achievements so I can get the final mastery points I need? ;p

On another note, god I hate the time gated items, what a stupid barrier for something you can't sell on the TP anyway. It's going to take forever to craft Nevermore solely because I can't make more than one spiritual residue a day. Sigh.

World Completion #4!

And I made Bolt!

Welcome to the club! Eventually I'll get around to doing #5 with my Reaper but I've prioritized doing what I need to for Nevermore for the time being ha I'm tempted to target the zones that net you Soft, Seasoned or Hard wood as a clear reward though. Getting 40 of those a pop would be pretty nice. Elder wood probably isn't worth it because the farm spots are more efficient than clearing a zone for a chunk. As I've never created a Legendary, I have quite a few Gift of Explorations...

Congrats on Bolt! That's the one thing I didn't achieve back in the launch era, create a Legendary (Ascended gear didn't exist yet) weapon and Bolt was what I wanted for that awesome lightning aura. I didn't fancy the prospects of getting Zap though and Charged Lodestones where a bitch to get so I gave up. Now I'd have the gold to buy the lodestones (assuming that's what you did?). You look pretty ballin' with those two weapons equipped, sir.

Spyware

On another note, god I hate the time gated items, what a stupid barrier for something you can't sell on the TP anyway. It's going to take forever to craft Nevermore solely because I can't make more than one spiritual residue a day. Sigh.
I get why they did it tho. It's what makes Ascended stuff expensive and special. People have to not only spend materials but also time on the items.
You can sell/buy the resulting Spiritwood Planks so I see no real problem with it.

I get why they did it tho. It's what makes Ascended stuff expensive and special. People have to not only spend materials but also time on the items.
You can sell/buy the resulting Spiritwood Planks so I see no real problem with it.

Yes, time DOING content to earn the resources. It's a literal waste of time to have to wait until a daily reset to create another. This basically motivates people to not bother crafting and just farm money to buy the later product (spiritwood). How about those of us (most I'd wager) that are taking the time to legitimately obtain many of the resources to save on gold? If I have a ton of wood saved up, why would I want to waste money buying the item they form? I'm ready to craft it with my own resources, there's just a completely arbitrary barrier preventing me. I understand the concept of a legendary weapon taking a lot of time as part of the investment, this is just a very poor way of implementing that. It's time consuming enough to obtain all the resources or generate enough gold to buy them.

Congrats on Bolt! That's the one thing I didn't achieve back in the launch era, create a Legendary (Ascended gear didn't exist yet) weapon and Bolt was what I wanted for that awesome lightning aura. I didn't fancy the prospects of getting Zap though and Charged Lodestones where a bitch to get so I gave up. Now I'd have the gold to buy the lodestones (assuming that's what you did?). You look pretty ballin' with those two weapons equipped, sir.

Thanks!

I bought Zap, but I actually had the lodestones saved up. Over a year of holding onto cores and lodestones both turned out to be worth it. CoE chests, champ bags, and map rewards all contributed.

Thanks!

I bought Zap, but I actually had the lodestones saved up. Over a year of holding onto cores and lodestones both turned out to be worth it. CoE chests, champ bags, and map rewards all contributed.

Nice, well congrats again. I'll be jealous of your SSJ 2 aura ;p Perhaps I'll target it later down the road. If I ever care to play with my Mes or Rev they'd make use of it.

Stuart444

I wonder what it is with GW2. It seems the longer I play it, the more laggy my computer gets/the game gets. This literally never happens with any other game. :/ Starts off fine no matter what area I'm in (HoT or pre-HoT areas) and then just gets progressively worse where I exit to desktop for 10 minutes or so before logging back in.

Annoying.

Also Tangled Depths... one of the worst maps I have ever seen. So so annoying. :/ Still 2 more missions left to finish the HoT story :D yay. Also reached 500 Tailor which is nice.

As a side note: Asking for someone. Is there any good thief guides around?

I wonder what it is with GW2. It seems the longer I play it, the more laggy my computer gets/the game gets. This literally never happens with any other game. :/ Starts off fine no matter what area I'm in (HoT or pre-HoT areas) and then just gets progressively worse where I exit to desktop for 10 minutes or so before logging back in.

One time when my computer was getting upgraded to the GTX 980TI, my fiance forgot to plug in the top fan in my computer. When I played GW2, I noticed that over time, my FPS was getting worse and worse until it became a slide show. When I went to feel the HMDI ports and cables, it was super hot, like burning my fingers hot.

It could be that the computer is slowly overheating.

Ken

Is thief in a bad spot for PVE? Reading threads in the last year seems like everyone is down on the class.

Drake

Question: I was under the impression that world boss chests reset with the daily. I did Teq last night before the daily reset, just did Teq now after the daily reset and didn't get the chest. Does anyone know when meta events reset?

I'm at the wood sink portion of the Nevermore precursor building mission of doom.

Oi.

After making Astralaria i never want to repeat another pre-cursor crafting, i had 9 characters parked in Malchor's Leap farming Elder wood for 2 fucking days, never never never want to repeat that shit again..

Retro

Question: I was under the impression that world boss chests reset with the daily. I did Teq last night before the daily reset, just did Teq now after the daily reset and didn't get the chest. Does anyone know when meta events reset?

Should reset at the same time as dailies, 8pm EST.

Stuart444

Beat Heart and Mind today. That's a long mission, the fights weren't that bad. I did die at the very last phase of the final fight due to the rift bugging out and being all "wtf". Second time, had to do it without the rift because it bugged out again.

Still won though so I'm happy enough.

Beat Heart and Mind today. That's a long mission, the fights weren't that bad. I did die at the very last phase of the final fight due to the rift bugging out and being all "wtf". Second time, had to do it without the rift because it bugged out again.

Still won though so I'm happy enough.

Canach and Mordremoth fights are both kinda janky. Soloing it was too frustrating due to that stuff so I duod/triod it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom