• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeman76

Don't worry about user-reviews (

This is bad advice, I have been playing this game since day one, clocked well over 1500 hours in it, and this expansion has so many things wrong with it that I am majorly disappointed, I've been looking forward to it for a long time. Really dismayed at Anets approach to this, the lack of any real direction. I will continue to play and hopefully learn to enjoy it, but to blindly defend some of their design choices is baffling.

Anno

This is bad advice, I have been playing this game since day one, clocked well over 1500 hours in it, and this expansion has so many things wrong with it that I am majorly disappointed, I've been looking forward to it for a long time. Really dismayed at Anets approach to this, the lack of any real direction. I will continue to play and hopefully learn to enjoy it, but to blindly defend some of their design choices is baffling.

I'm curious, what are your issues? Overall the experience seems very much like stuff that should continue to appeal to GW2 fans.

I should have said the overly negative "0/10 this game sucks" reviews.

If you are not happy with the expansion, you can review it but try to be constructive.

You can also ask for a refund if you think they make terrible design decisions.

I can't say I agree with the lack of direction. I think this is a good start for ArenaNET finally having found their footing for what they want to do with the game.

In this Xpac, PvE-wise, we've gotten difficult open world content as well as somewhat long-term progression with masteries. We've got raids coming, an announced focus on fractals as small group content, and the living story. We have an idea of the future of the game and what it will hold.

At launch, we had the open world and dungeons. Then they added fractals and kind of stopped supporting dungeons. Then the living story started and we were getting a bunch of temporary content that didn't really seem to be building to anything. Then a new dungeon path, then dungeons basically being unsupported all together. Then a few new fractals. Then a world boss revamp. (maybe not in that order but you get the point)

The focus of the game was kind of schizophrenic for a while until Living World Season 2 and the announcement of the expansion. Now it seems like they've finally got a plan on what they want to do moving forward, and I'm really excited and hoping for more focused content and updates. But that's just my thoughts on it.

Proven

I might give out a measures review later this week. But most of the problems in this expansion isn't "grind," from what I can see. It's from people wanting to play a certain way and ANet putting gates against that. One such gate (the Itzel Mastery for that story mission) was removed, so others may also get removed or tweaked.

The expansion is great for people that want to take things slow and want to have a plethora of things to do. It has problems for anyone with a specific goal they want to get done quickly or efficiently, or if they play primarily a single aspect of the game. Time gates and/or gold sinks were added everywhere. I'm fine with it (outside of 15 gold to unlock a reward track) but I can deal with the rest easily by just taking things slow.

Freeman76

I'm curious, what are your issues? Overall the experience seems very much like stuff that should continue to appeal to GW2 fans.

Druid shoehorns my class into a role I didn't want when I picked Ranger, and one of the selling points to me was the lack of 'holy trinity' and they make my elite skill basically a healer. I'm sure there will be a way to play DPS role, but this will probably mean using the old weapon combo's that I have used for 1200+ hours on my ranger already, a change would have been nice.

The WP system is awful, too many times I can't get to an event because it's finished by the time I arrive, or the WPs are contested making traversing the map fast a nightmare.

The reward system is woeful, I killed the legendary Wyvern and got a heirloom pouch with a blue staff for my troubles, I don't expect WoW style loot (one of the reasons I love GW in the first place) but come on, at least a rare/exo for killing that....

...which leads me to the fact they made hardly ANY new items to work for. 2 new armour sets, hardly any weapons to try and find, yet they can manage new outfits for the gem store...

HP system which I think everybody understands the issues with anyway

Maps are empty (probably megaserver issue so this is temporary)

A real lack of explanaition about pretty much any of the map-wide events and how the META works (again, will come with time and actually could end up being a good thing once I calm down about my dissapointments)

Precursor crafting is pretty bad, but then I never had an issue making money on the TP so this doesn't really matter as much

And I could go on but I won't because what's really the point, I don't want to start a war and there are many things I do like, it just annoys me when people blindly say 'don't listen to user reviews' or 'ignore that dumb haters' when in fact people who are very passionate about the game have some valid concerns too, it's not all salt and hyperbole.

Freeman76

I can't say I agree with the lack of direction. I think this is a good start for ArenaNET finally having found their footing for what they want to do with the game.

In this Xpac, PvE-wise, we've gotten difficult open world content as well as somewhat long-term progression with masteries. We've got raids coming, an announced focus on fractals as small group content, and the living story. We have an idea of the future of the game and what it will hold.

At launch, we had the open world and dungeons. Then they added fractals and kind of stopped supporting dungeons. Then the living story started and we were getting a bunch of temporary content that didn't really seem to be building to anything. Then a new dungeon path, then dungeons basically being unsupported all together. Then a few new fractals. Then a world boss revamp. (maybe not in that order but you get the point)

The focus of the game was kind of schizophrenic for a while until Living World Season 2 and the announcement of the expansion. Now it seems like they've finally got a plan on what they want to do moving forward, and I'm really excited and hoping for more focused content and updates. But that's just my thoughts on it.

True indeed!

Just wanted to chime in on the discussion with an anecdotal on my experience from yesterday. Last night was my first foray into HoT territory, being too busy the rest of the week (and even last night tbh) to delve into the expansion. Prologue was pretty standard stuff, similar to the instanced prologues from vanilla GW2: a group of new players achieve a "baby" objective before gaining access to the world and either continuing with story or exploring on their own. I opt for story, and right away run into a problem: the mission branches into two paths --
fortify the base, or save the prisoners.
I choose the former only to find out as the mission progresses that it appears to be bugged and won't proceed past a certain point. Thinking I had missed something, I exit then re-enter the mission, only to encounter the same problem; the linear path to progression is blocked. So, I end up taking the path I didn't want to take and complete the mission, and am told to earn the gliding mastery to continue the story; the game is somewhat vague on how exactly this is accomplished, but I assume that I do so by exploring and playing missions? Anyway, I star exploring and not far from the waypoint I am downed by a pack of mini raptors. My fellow GW2 players, being who they are, take the opportunity to run past my downed body, as the raptors are more concerned with finishing me off than they are with downing opportunistic players. Dead, I resurrect at the waypoint and decide to explore in the other direction, where I find a group of cool-looking tree-dwelling frog people... whose content appears to be locked behind another mastery that I can't access yet because I haven't completed the first one. Tired from a long day of working, somewhat frustrated, and having already completed my daily, I decided to log out.

Now, I've been playing GW2 regularly since launch, and last night's cherry-popping on HoT left me, well, not a fan of the bugs, gated content, and getting downed by mobs of pygmy monsters while players run by without so much as a glance. If others' experiences went anything like mine, and it was their first time with the game, then yeah I could see the low scores happening. User reviews are often snap judgements, and it doesn't take much for some people to sour on something.

Anno

Druid shoehorns my class into a role I didn't want when I picked Ranger, and one of the selling points to me was the lack of 'holy trinity' and they make my elite skill basically a healer. I'm sure there will be a way to play DPS role, but this will probably mean using the old weapon combo's that I have used for 1200+ hours on my ranger already, a change would have been nice.

The WP system is awful, too many times I can't get to an event because it's finished by the time I arrive, or the WPs are contested making traversing the map fast a nightmare.

The reward system is woeful, I killed the legendary Wyvern and got a heirloom pouch with a blue staff for my troubles, I don't expect WoW style loot (one of the reasons I love GW in the first place) but come on, at least a rare/exo for killing that....

...which leads me to the fact they made hardly ANY new items to work for. 2 new armour sets, hardly any weapons to try and find, yet they can manage new outfits for the gem store...

HP system which I think everybody understands the issues with anyway

Maps are empty (probably megaserver issue so this is temporary)

A real lack of explanaition about pretty much any of the map-wide events and how the META works (again, will come with time and actually could end up being a good thing once I calm down about my dissapointments)

Precursor crafting is pretty bad, but then I never had an issue making money on the TP so this doesn't really matter as much

And I could go on but I won't because what's really the point, I don't want to start a war and there are many things I do like, it just annoys me when people blindly say 'don't listen to user reviews' or 'ignore that dumb haters' when in fact people who are very passionate about the game have some valid concerns too, it's not all salt and hyperbole.

Yeah I can agree with some of that. Waypoints in particular are either a little too spread out or need to be uncontested more often. Hopefully ANet takes some of the constructive criticism to heart and makes some smart changes, which I think they will.

I guess I'm lucky that I enjoy Dragonhunter for the most part, though I'm not entirely sure whether or not it's good. The bow is fun at least.

Proven

The user review backlash in this thread is because they're storming the sites with abuse. If those could be filtered out for the actual reasonable disappointment and criticism it would be great. But currently, it sounds like people aren't doing that and just typing "bad game," with a 0/10 and nothing else written. If I'm wrong, please let me know to return more faith to the Internet.

This thread is perfect for us to have criticism of the game, providing feedback that we an compile and send out later, and also allow us to try and mitigate some of the issues ourselves by working together as a guild. Stuff like the Hero Point challenges, Adventures, and general adventuring has been real fun and it's great running into and with guildies in the jungle.

I've disliked the concept of contested waypoints since launch. I understand the idea of not wanting everyone to just waypoint in and zerg some group events, but I don't think it's worth all the travel hassle.

I love this expansion so far, but I can dig some of the criticism. I just don't know if the sheer amount of hate being thrown around is helpful.

The scarcity of waypoint is a direct reaction from ANET to player criticism of "waypoint zerging makes the game too easy/not fun".

One of the main suggestion by players when the talk of making open world content harder has always been "less waypoints".

Exploring verdant brink is suppose to be hard when you are still unlocking the masteries. It's a level 80 zone not a starter zone.
Once you learn the masteries you can traverse it much quicker. You'll be able to use updrafts, bouncing mushrooms, speed mushrooms, and nuhoch tunnels to get around much quicker.
These are suppose to be long term goals not something you get on day one. It is an end-game progression system not something you get just for showing up.

Proven

After Dry Top and Silverwastes, ANet seems like they prefer making zone traversal cost a lot more time (and making it more interactive with Masteries), for better or worse.

Edit: Actually, when I think about Southsun, it's like this for all of their post-launch level 80 zones.

After Dry Top and Silverwastes, ANet seems like they prefer making zone traversal cost a lot more time (and making it more interactive with Masteries), for better or worse.
This is also because of CDIs where players told ANET that they loved traversing the Labrynthine Cliffs with the aspects. Players ask for these things and cry about it when it is too hard for them to do, or takes too much time or whatever.

Anno

I do like that we basically wiped when doing one of the Pale Reaver events yesterday. Not too often can open world content totally wipe without people being able to make it back in time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just wanted to chime in on the discussion with an anecdotal on my experience from yesterday. Last night was my first foray into HoT territory, being too busy the rest of the week (and even last night tbh) to delve into the expansion. Prologue was pretty standard stuff, similar to the instanced prologues from vanilla GW2: a group of new players achieve a "baby" objective before gaining access to the world and either continuing with story or exploring on their own. I opt for story, and right away run into a problem: the mission branches into two paths --
fortify the base, or save the prisoners.
I choose the former only to find out as the mission progresses that it appears to be bugged and won't proceed past a certain point. Thinking I had missed something, I exit then re-enter the mission, only to encounter the same problem; the linear path to progression is blocked. So, I end up taking the path I didn't want to take and complete the mission, and am told to earn the gliding mastery to continue the story; the game is somewhat vague on how exactly this is accomplished, but I assume that I do so by exploring and playing missions? Anyway, I star exploring and not far from the waypoint I am downed by a pack of mini raptors. My fellow GW2 players, being who they are, take the opportunity to run past my downed body, as the raptors are more concerned with finishing me off than they are with downing opportunistic players. Dead, I resurrect at the waypoint and decide to explore in the other direction, where I find a group of cool-looking tree-dwelling frog people... whose content appears to be locked behind another mastery that I can't access yet because I haven't completed the first one. Tired from a long day of working, somewhat frustrated, and having already completed my daily, I decided to log out.

Now, I've been playing GW2 regularly since launch, and last night's cherry-popping on HoT left me, well, not a fan of the bugs, gated content, and getting downed by mobs of pygmy monsters while players run by without so much as a glance. If others' experiences went anything like mine, and it was their first time with the game, then yeah I could see the low scores happening. User reviews are often snap judgements, and it doesn't take much for some people to sour on something.
I had a very different experience so I assume there is a broad spectrum. I chose the other option in that mission though so if the one I didn't choose is reproducibly bugged I hope that's something they sort out quickly. edit: so different I didn't even complete my daily, now that I think about it, lol

If you go into your masteries menu you will be able to train Glider Mastery 1 (you are able to do this immediately after completing that mission) and it will automatically give you your glider. Hit jump again in the air (assuming there's enough vertical space) to glide.

For what's it's worth, I like the WPs as they are right now. You're in the middle of enemy territory after all.
I knew I liked you for some reason.

Do you know why Adriaaa hates doing hero points with us? Is it cuz I was on baby duty and you guys died while I afked?

As an addition to what Hawkian said I prefer just holding space/jump button to deploy the glider because if I try to double tap I always end up tapping too much and turning the glider off.

Freeman76

The scarcity of waypoint is a direct reaction from ANET to player criticism of "waypoint zerging makes the game too easy/not fun".

One of the main suggestion by players when the talk of making open world content harder has always been "less waypoints".

Exploring verdant brink is suppose to be hard when you are still unlocking the masteries. It's a level 80 zone not a starter zone.
Once you learn the masteries you can traverse it much quicker. You'll be able to use updrafts, bouncing mushrooms, speed mushrooms, and nuhoch tunnels to get around much quicker.
These are suppose to be long term goals not something you get on day one. It is an end-game progression system not something you get just for showing up.

Ive played the game for a long time, I am not concerned with doing things quickly whatsoever. What I am concerned with is how annoying some of this is. You seem to be one of those people who just piss on anyone who has an issue with the game though, so I don't expect you to 'get' any of my points.

Ive played the game for a long time, I am not concerned with doing things quickly whatsoever. What I am concerned with is how annoying some of this is. You seem to be one of those people who just piss on anyone who has an issue with the game though, so I don't expect you to 'get' any of my points.
It's annoying because you have to play the game to unlock certain abilities that make it easier to traverse?

Or it's annoying that the map is not a flat field with a WP every 500 meters?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I should have said the overly negative "0/10 this game sucks" reviews.

If you are not happy with the expansion, you can review it but try to be constructive.

You can also ask for a refund if you think they make terrible design decisions.

I don't trust anyone who says anything is 0/10 or 10/10. But sometimes they wise up and do 1/10 or 9/10. So I end up just not trusting any reviews.

I recommend my life philosophy.

explodet

As a semi-casual player struggling to figure out a good build as a Necromancer, I threw together a Cavalier's of the Ice Reaper build (because it was cheap) and started whacking fools left and right with Shroud abuse. I don't even have half the spec unlocked yet and I feel I have way more damage than my old build. Slightly less survivability though, and I can't just autopilot like I did with condition damage.

If a moron like me can get that kind of performance out of the Reaper, they are going to nerf that son of a bitch SO HARD

Oh, and put me in with the camp that gets completely lost in the new HoT maps and wish the waypoints were both easier to find and not contested as much.

I don't trust anyone who says anything is 0/10 or 10/10. But sometimes they wise up and do 1/10 or 9/10. So I end up just not trusting any reviews.

I don't read Guild Wars 2 reviews because I know more about the game and its development than any reviewer out there. I knew I'd like everything in this game when I bought it.

Kanik, do you even play anymore?

spiritfox

As a semi-casual player struggling to figure out a good build as a Necromancer, I threw together a Cavalier's of the Ice Reaper build (because it was cheap) and started whacking fools left and right with Shroud abuse. I don't even have half the spec unlocked yet and I feel I have way more damage than my old build. Slightly less survivability though, and I can't just autopilot like I did with condition damage.

If a moron like me can get that kind of performance out of the Reaper, they are going to nerf that son of a bitch SO HARD

Oh, and put me in with the camp that gets completely lost in the new HoT maps and wish the waypoints were both easier to find and not contested as much.

I fear the day that Reaper gets the nerf bat. It's too good right now, but that's what makes it fun!

Get used to that, i went PvT/Sentinel/Cleric ascended gear for my Guardian 19k HP all that toughness, and many times 1 hit down and they weren't champs or Legendary, it was those Vet Smoke mobs, the balance is quite pathetic, and other mobs will hit you so hard you lose 60-80% HP really quick, I said fuck this and went back to my zerker gear, if i am going to be hit that hard might as well do a ton of damage in the process...

I'll admit I've been lucky with HoT so far. I've not come across any bugs that stalled my progression, except for one:
having to fly past a scout so he'll stop playing guitar and talk to me
. Logged out and in, and it fixed it. Played through both paths of
Torn from the Sky
(rescue choice once, me, turret choice twice with friend and better half). The three of us were playing together over the weekend, and we had a great time. The bosses are epic (I like the mechanics of the
patrician wyvern or whatever that one is where you have to fly around and dive-bomb it with eggs
).

We nabbed the Hero Points we could, most were easy, a few required groups which we could handle or ask for help with. The ones that are locked behind a Mastery track are annoying, without a map indication or easier way to see which ones require what. I hope Anet fixes that.

We're having framerate issues though, but not what you might think. One of our PCs, which was fine before HoT, now does weird 3 to 5 second long "stalls" in HoT, randomly, usually every 30 seconds or a minute. It's not the camera collision setting, we checked, and turning down *everything* in graphics doesn't stop it from happening. So, yeah, not sure about that.

I'm not far into the story (I'm going slow, don't wanna rush through the xpac like I did GW2), so I've not left Verdant Brink yet, except once, south, which led to
Auric Basin
or something. Grabbed a WP and ran back, since I didn't want to spoil it.

I've been through enough xpac launches to know how they go. Bugs, crashes, issues. Unhappy players, the world on fire, the sun blocked out by a giant mystical force, so now demons roam the streets, feeding on anyone trying to find help or food...

But HoT has been pretty solid so far, the times I played. A lot (lot) of hotfixing in the first three days, I think there was like a patch every six hours. Good turnaround from Anet, really. They could have launched on a Monday and bugfixed during the week, but they did it Friday, and worked through the weekend. So "lazy devs" type comments do piss me off for good reason.

You seem to be one of those people who just piss on anyone who has an issue with the game though, so I don't expect you to 'get' any of my points.

Kos has never been a blind defender of the game. I think he's trying to give you advice on how to enjoy it more, that's all. He's not saying your opinion is invalid, just that if you're finding some things annoying, perhaps you're rushing, or being impatient, and it's making you forget to stop and smell the roses?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I give GW2: Heart of Thorns S-firecrackers/Paradigm

Wanderer5

I should be asking for more help heh. I don't have issue with having to collect quite a bit HPs to get through elite spec, but the amount of group events are a bit annoying. And yeah be nice if there a better way to indicate which HP need some masteries unlock or such.

I'm really loving this game(vanilla). But no time to play. Have 11 month old twins and a wife who all need attention!!## I love em though wouldn't change it for the world. Only get to run a mission at a time. Literally 1 at a time haha. Still enjoying it though.

Maledict

I would agree that as a returning player, the expansion definitely creates a bad impression on first look.

I went north instead of south at the start of the new zone, which the scout said I could but is clearly not intended given the geography and how the zone works. I too died to packs of mobs that seem stupidly tuned for the entranceway into a new zone. I'm also frustrated by the fact one of the main reasons I came back was because my class finally seemed to get something interesting to play in pve that wasn't 'portal bot', only to discover it's actually locked behind a hell of a lot of playing. I ran into the meta-events which made utterly no sense. I've been locked out half the map because of contested waypoints and random packs of mobs.

What I would also say is that as I've played I've grown to enjoy it a lot more than I did at the start. I think they *really* screwed up the start of this expansion for returning players in particular, because none of it makes any damn sense, you die way too easily and can't go anywhere. But once you get through that you can appreciate how ambitious they have been with the new zones, how amazing the design is and how much cool stuff there is here. Few things I think that would really help however:

1) Remove the instant death abilities from world group content. I'm thinking in particular that stupid Wyvern Matriarch, but also the egg stealing event. Abilities which can kill you before the graphic even appears on your screen are dumb, and a terrible way to balance world boss content. Already on my server I repeatedly see the egg stealing phase of the frog village events take forever because no-one wants to do it. This is bad design.

2) remove those stupid f****ing mini raptors from the starting area. You don't need to hit your players over the head the second they step into a new zone. It's really minor but honestly would help a lot.

3) explain the meta events much more clearly. Like, really explain them a lot more. People still don't understand the zone reward system, how things unlock and what needs to be done. Really not sure what benefit there is in making people go to guides outside the game to learn the basics of the zone.

4) retune the hero event challenges, some of them are incredibly dumb (vampire boss I'm thinking of you in particular).

5) add a few more waypoints in, and stop some of them being contested. The northwest of the map in particular seems impossible to get to, and the nearest waypoint is always contested for some reason. I understand they don't want us zerging world combat, but to be frank I think they just need to accept that with the combat model they have and their current encounter design system it's a losing battle that just makes the game unfun for players.

On that topic, I think the bosses in the starting zone highlight the best and worse of guild wars 2 encounter design. I utterly love the Wyvern Patriarch boss, but think the axe master and Wyvern Matiarch are utterly terrible bosses that should never have seen the light of day. Its funny how a game like Secret World can develop much more complicated open world bosses that don't have anywhere near the level of frustration of guild wars 2 stuff, and I still firmly believe the rezz mechanics are the root of that problem. Turn 'downed state' off when fighting the bosses and then balance them around that...

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I don't read Guild Wars 2 reviews because I know more about the game and its development than any reviewer out there. I knew I'd like everything in this game when I bought it.

Tell me all about Robert Hrouda.

Kanik, do you even play anymore?

It's difficult juggling both GW2 and Tinder. I was there for launch, although I ended up doing Fractals, PvP, CoF and other vanilla content instead when I realized my Chronomancer was barely unlocked. Which is is super counter-intuitive.

I give GW2: Heart of Thorns S-firecrackers/Paradigm

I read that in Adam Sessler's voice.

Tell me all about Robert Hrouda.

It's difficult juggling both GW2 and Tinder. I was there for launch, although I ended up doing Fractals, PvP, CoF and other vanilla content instead when I realized my Chronomancer was barely unlocked. Which is is super counter-intuitive.

I read that in Adam Sessler's voice.

Only Jira knows the true RH Story. I can tell you Robert Horouda probably had nothing to do with the development of the expansion. Probably. Not sure.

I know your kidding but I meant that as I've followed all the news and thier posts about the expansion ever since it was announced. I didn't mean I had internal knoledge of how the game was developed.

Mik, I'm the blindest defender of this game and developer. Come at me bro!

Vena

I'm quite happy that I managed to actually get through the whole Tarir event on Auric.

It was totally thrown together too as my guild and I started from the northern node completely alone and no one organizing anything. By the end of the Watchpost meta, every Pylon was operational, Vinetooth was dead, and every lane had full EArmor groups... and still only one commander on the entire map.

We succeeded Octovine with 20s left to go... lol. We had to rotate people off from North and East to South in the middle of the event as both lanes has Octovine down to 2% within a few minutes.

Chat was going crazy at the end of it. And then an army went for that skill point, haha.

Clearos

I have yet to touch the expansion and just been working on halloween and pvp with the ranger.

Halloween is great per usual and Druid pvp was really enjoyable. Takes forever to down me and if the druid gets to 25 stacks of might they can actually do a reasonable amount of damage and apply pressure. I wasn't pleased with the druid as the ranger elite when it was firsted released but so far having a blast with it.

Stronghold is also a really enjoyable mode, people are still learning it but already had some close matches that turned into last minute boss burns.

Hubb

Do world server population fluctuate? There is a pretty big difference in cost between Medium/High/Very High, and I was wondering if logging in at some ungodly hour would help or not.

I realize the only reason to do this is for the wvw, but I've only returned to the game about a month ago and my server is pitiful. In fact, I don't even know that my server actually does it and looking at our world rankings only reinforces that.

I'll give my two cents and say that I really like the open-world PVE. I like its difficulty, and the scarcity of waypoints adds the stakes that were sorely missing from before. The guild hall mission was a good example of this, though the scaling was frustrating. Stronghold is a fun mode. Haven't done any WvW so I can't comment on that. I really don't foresee masteries being a problem as they are account bound. They removed the most ridiculous requirement anyway, the rest come easier the more characters you have, so people with and without alts should earn them reasonably per character they have. Can't comment on balance either

I do have my own problems, but more important are the problems other players will have. Those who only like the instanced PVE content are forced to do the hero point challenges to use the elite specs, and especially for the Daredevil, they will feel gutted otherwise if they want to use it. I foresee WvW also having this problem, and I'm not sure if their solution is enough.

I have my own disappointments so far, and that's with Fractals. I'm lukewarm on the structural changes they made, and more importantly the lack of new islands still doesn't inspire confidence that they'll actually add new ones. They still feel stale, and now a bit more trivial. If they do expand the content in the future, then I'll be happy.

My other disappointment is simply that this expansion took too long to come out, in terms of release. Guild Wars 2 needed the changes starting with Living World Season 2 onward sooner, everything before felt like a mess. I'm really happy that Arenanet finally has a direction they want to take the game in, and I personally really like the direction, especially with regards to the difficulty. I pray that they stick with it, and use it well in the coming expansions.

Zeroth

Do world server population fluctuate? There is a pretty big difference in cost between Medium/High/Very High, and I was wondering if logging in at some ungodly hour would help or not.

I realize the only reason to do this is for the wvw, but I've only returned to the game about a month ago and my server is pitiful. In fact, I don't even know that my server actually does it and looking at our world rankings only reinforces that.

Server population for transfers is relatively stable, so I'm afraid you are out of luck there.

Jira

Dev posted this about Adventures:

I'm working on getting them unlocked more easily/frequently. Bear in mind that some adventures do not mesh well with events/mobs so some of them are gated simply to provide you with a clean and clear environment in which to enjoy them. As for difficulty, I've got my eye on a few adventures that might be a bit too hard (I'm looking at you Sanctum Scramble)

Clearos

Avoid the PvP forum on the site as well...apparently if you are not a Dragon Hunter you are hot garbage and everything else needs buffs...but everything else is over powered and needs nerfs.

I'm still finding pieces of my brain on the wall.

Hellers

I've just setup my 360 pad but I had to make one change. My keyboard has no numpad so I had to change my dodge keybind to something else (f8 in this case). Now when I hold down RT nameplates and object names don't appear. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've just setup my 360 pad but I had to make one change. My keyboard has no numpad so I had to change my dodge keybind to something else (f8 in this case). Now when I hold down RT nameplates and object names don't appear. Does anyone know how to fix it?
I'd be the one who can help but I'm super confused... We'll figure it out though!

Dodging is assigned to the V key, not anything on the numpad. Do you mean that you changed the RT assignment in Xpadder, or the keybind in-game?

My Rev, work in progress..

gw0085zlop.jpg

Hellers

I'd be the one who can help but I'm super confused... We'll figure it out though!

Dodging is assigned to the V key, not anything on the numpad. Do you mean that you changed the RT assignment in Xpadder, or the keybind in-game?

Lol. My mistake with the dodge. Was reading one line down in your screenshot :).

So dodge is sorted. The problem I have now is when I hold down rt the character dodges backwards. I think I like this but how do I get nameplates working?

RT = Dodge (hold RT to Show Nameplates/Show interactive objects on screen)

Playing like this is really, really nice. Many thanks for all the effort you put into getting it working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom