• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyunashi

Knew it was the right decision buying up 10 endless bat brews when they were super cheap to flip if they were potentially iseful. But now the other stuff needed ..... gg

xeris

Use the 30 minute downtime to reconnect with the friends and family you've abandoned for HoT. Maybe take up knitting.

Apt101

Have there been a lot of changes to the guardian class? I have one, but last time I tried to hop back in and play I think I was respecced or something, and the mobs were just obliterating me. I need like a refresher course in GW2 or something.

Wooooooooooooooo! A ToT bag gave me an Unopened Endless Bottle of Batwing Brew! I saw it was exotic colored so I look at the TP and people posting it for 535G??? Orders in for 435G already :D :D :D

So the smart thing to do is wait until Halloween is over as the prices/value should go up, yes?

Whoops, finally said screw it and went for the Lab but yeah...game going to kick me out now. Oh well, LA chat mostly amounted to "We're still here!". What's this Susan joke going around the Guild chat?

Jira

Wooooooooooooooo! A ToT bag gave me an Unopened Endless Bottle of Batwing Brew! I saw it was exotic colored so I look at the TP and people posting it for 535G??? Orders in for 435G already :D :D :D

So the smart thing to do is wait until Halloween is over as the prices/value should go up, yes?

Yeah the reason is because the recipe came out for the Nightfury so demands skyrocketed on an already fairly rare item.

Ashodin

Yeeeeeeeeeep after halloween the value will skyrocket because people will not be able to get them reliably

Yeah the reason is because the recipe came out for the Nightfury so demands skyrocketed on an already fairly rare item.
Ahhh just looked that up. That's awesome! I figured it was just colectors but if it's needed for a very special ascended skin, you KNOW people will pay up the gazoo for it! Excite! Happy day! Sorry, I was a GW2 poor in all the time I played until I came back. Never sniffed 200G and then I had an unlimited Aetherblade tonic lying around that shot me into the 500's and now this.... I might actually get to 1K...my mind can't comprehend. *Heavy Breathing*
Yeeeeeeeeeep after halloween the value will skyrocket because people will not be able to get them reliably

Oh man I can't wait to see what the demand goes up to! You guys have any experience in this kind of thing? How long after it's no longer available before rare items seem to really ramp up in value? I don't want to be too impatient.

I should farm tot bags

After the servers revive

You should simply for the value of the bags. I think someone in LA chat said a stack goes for around 40-50G right now. I'm doing it to buy the 20 slot halloween pails for my Rev. Just bought the first one and we'll see if I have enough time to earn enough candy corn to get another 4 or 5. How long does the Halloween event go on for? I want to say it goes past Halloween a little. I never imagined something this valuable would fall out of a ToT :D

Man am I glad I resisted the incredible urge to rush to the jungle. I wanted to enjoy Halloween while it was here and this made it baby, this made it!

Morokh

Fuck me...the salt over Nightfury recipe is INSANE. Why are people so upset about an item with a SUPER unique effect?

Did they think it would be free from grinding Mad King's Labyrinth?

Let me add to the pile then :p

When they first announced it, I really was expecting some kind of collection tied to it, which obviously isn't the case.

It's an ascended shoulder piece, so it's expensive, an that's fine (although Linseed oil price is BONKERS right now), but what gets me is the Batwing Brew, in the recipe, it's basically the equivalent of a RNG precursor that's only available 2 weeks per year ...... how crazy does that sound ?

Somehow I thought we were past things like that, guess I was wrong ...

Mxrz

PvP really doesn't seem worth it anymore. Had a match with two glass builds beating on one druid. Hammer/trap cc, still couldn't get him below 50%. Throw in the Rev & DH double nerf and bleh. There's better, less frustrating competitive games. Matches with 2+ druids have to be the most tedious thing I've seen in GW2.

The expansion is excellent in all other regards.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
PvP really doesn't seem worth it anymore. Had a match with two glass builds beating on one druid. Hammer/trap cc, still couldn't get him below 50%. Throw in the Rev & DH double nerf and bleh. There's better, less frustrating competitive games. Matches with 2+ druids have to be the most tedious thing I've seen in GW2.

The expansion is excellent in all other regards.

Was my problem with guild wars 1. They added so many skills things couldn't be balanced.

They keep adding elite specs the same thing will happen

Proven

I see I made the right decision to go to bed.

Was my problem with guild wars 1. They added so many skills things couldn't be balanced.

They keep adding elite specs the same thing will happen

Well, yes and no. Don't forget that it's just balancing per elite spec; unless there are some crazy cross profession combinations that come out, most of the balancing will be with an elite spec to the base class, as the elite specs (weapon, traits, and new skills) lock each other out on the same class.

And you could already see similar issues with glass builds not being able to take out tanky builds easily with things like Cele Ele (pre-nerf). Once Druid is more of a known quantity, people are going to be able to deal with it fast. Else, it'll be nerfed.

I'm actually curious if it's possible to CC chain a Druid with a Warrior and make it lose a lot of time on their Avatar form...

Rawk Hawk

Well, yes and no. Don't forget that it's just balancing per elite spec; unless there are some crazy cross profession combinations that come out, most of the balancing will be with an elite spec to the base class, as the elite specs (weapon, traits, and new skills) lock each other out on the same class.

And you could already see similar issues with glass builds not being able to take out tanky builds easily with things like Cele Ele (pre-nerf). Once Druid is more of a known quantity, people are going to be able to deal with it fast. Else, it'll be nerfed.

I'm actually curious if it's possible to CC chain a Druid with a Warrior and make it lose a lot of time on their Avatar form...

As someone who mainly played Necro pre-HoT, I've been debating going back and picking up the dreaded noob MM build.. pets to help with Unrelenting Assault from Rev's and poison to deal with healing.

I have been known to groan when I see a MM in a match, but starting to think it won't be such a bad idea. But, as for now I'm sticking with Rev mainly, so much fun to play.

Rawk Hawk

Be a Reaper, use Rise.

I smile everytime I see a MM Necro. Free minions? Thanks.

I have like 300ish games as a Cele Signet Necro, not a ton, but enough to feel comfortable with the class. I still play Cele Signet on Necro win of the days, I can not get comfortable with Reaper. I don't know what it is I'm doing wrong, but I just can not transition over smoothly. Currently I run: THIS on Reaper, but a Reaper/Rise might just fit into my MM idea.. thanks!

I like the shroud 4 pull/heal from Bloody Magic, I usually use it to grab people who are being stomped, but not sure it's worth going down the entire line for. The other healing bonuses may not be enough to warrant it.

spiritfox

Rise works really well with MM Necro actually. I play this tanky Reaper build, mainly focusing on keeping RS up whenever possible. It's a bit gimmicky, but I haven't had any real problems surviving. Killing though is a bit harder, but I normally stay alive long enough that it gets the job done. I normally swap "Nothing Can Save You" for "You're All Weaklings" depending on the enemy team comp.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Downloaded a patch when I tried logging in this morning, but still down apparently.

Damn it's still down? I thought you lovely Americans were going to eat the downtime for me while I slept, we had a deal! I was about to log on :(

Rawk Hawk

Rise works really well with MM Necro actually. I play this tanky Reaper build, mainly focusing on keeping RS up whenever possible. It's a bit gimmicky, but I haven't had any real problems surviving. Killing though is a bit harder, but I normally stay alive long enough that it gets the job done. I normally swap "Nothing Can Save You" for "You're All Weaklings" depending on the enemy team comp.

I believe the link you posted is the same build I had, after you change things you have to click "Get Quick Link" on the first tab to actually change the URL, otherwise it will be the same as it was prior to your changes.

I was trying to play Reaper a little more offensive than I did with normal Necro, but tanky may just be the correct route still.

100gold of ToT bags, 0 Unopened Endless Batwing Brew. I should stick to the middle class way of making money...very slowly and never spending anything.

Retro

100gold of ToT bags, 0 Unopened Endless Batwing Brew. I should stick to the middle class way of making money...very slowly and never spending anything.

That's what I do, and while I'm not wealthy by any means I still have enough saved up that I can afford to pick up a few skins or dyes if they catch my eye.

spiritfox

I believe the link you posted is the same build I had, after you change things you have to click "Get Quick Link" on the first tab to actually change the URL, otherwise it will be the same as it was prior to your changes.

I was trying to play Reaper a little more offensive than I did with normal Necro, but tanky may just be the correct route still.

Whoops, forgot to do that. Here it is.

If you have that much money gimme some.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
100 net lost? Or can you make some back still by selling the insides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom