• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedge

mace, hammer, and shield are still out there.

Honestly, ranger Gs is a solid melee option. Evade on autoattack is nice.

True, I forgot mace and hammer.
What I mean is, that I want a traitline that is designed for close-quarters combat. Something warrior-esque where we can get some toughness and some brawl, haha. I also love the GS for ranger, and I use that the few times I do play my ranger - but since elite specs introduce a new weapon, it would of course have to be either mace, hammer or shield. I would hope it wasn't shield, since that leaves rangers with a main-hand of sword or axe. Since axe is a medium range weapon, that leaves only sword, and sword.. I will never learn to love that weapon on ranger.

gw020o1rcm.png

Final look for my Rev, now to get Elite spec..250 HP to go :(

Morokh

After discussing it last night, we've decided to move the GAFO Gilded Hollow claiming to tomorrow's mission time instead of tonight. We felt like this would give people a chance to enjoy the holiday (several people said they wouldn't be able to make it) and to give our EU / Weekend group a chance to partake of a claiming event at their normal hours.

The Gilded Hollow claiming will now be Sunday, Nov. 1st at 3pm Eastern Standard time. Note the standard; DST is ending, so please remember to set your clocks back one hour before bed tonight if you are in the US!

Just to be sure, that's at the same time as the usual Makeup missions right ?

Quenk

Unless you're from somewhere that doesn't do Daylight Savings.

With the higher level fractals having enemies with more health/toughness, condi build should actually do pretty well. I think condi engi and condi ranger beat their zerker counterparts as fights get long. I'm really tempted to work on another ascended set just for condi classes.

Hello Gaffers! Hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween. Been hearing so much about the new stuff and hope to be back soon. Waiting on an email from the admin since I need 2 step verification removed before I can log back into the game. Miss ya'll!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Noooo I forgot I promised to babysit after lunch tomorrowwwwww ;_;

Carve my name into something in the Gilded Hollow please!

Elfstruck

Hmm, so I saw someone with a GS looks like zenith, but it is greenish. I'm pretty sure its a new GS skin, any1 have any idea what its called?

Hellers

That helm, rofl...

BTW, any tips to level faster?

Ravage Spitlock has a glorious face. It must be protected at all costs.

XP boosts of all kinds is the way I levelled him. boost to level 20. Birthday boost, a few 1 hour boosts I had lying around and a food boost at all times.

Hedge

Oooh are we doing characters?

This is my new revenant! So handsome!

FRSA775.jpg

Sorry for the terrible quality - I am playing on a potato!

Qurupeke

Oh, I'm posting mine too. Elementalist ftw.

sQDKVkK.jpg
hbh0ZXU.jpg

Halloween Edition and the armor I use as of yesterday

Still on my first character and I don't think I'll move to another anytime soon. I'm thinking of buying one of those kits for the hairs though.

PatzCU

Really loving the Revenant class so far. The herald specialization plays very similar to the Bard class in the original Everquest which is so damn cool. Now to get one to 80 and obtain 250HP...

Anno

Really loving the Revenant class so far. The herald specialization plays very similar to the Bard class in the original Everquest which is so damn cool. Now to get one to 80 and obtain 250HP...

Damn that's a pretty big draw. Wonder if my fingers can still twist for hours on end without dying.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is my lowest leveled character, but probably my favorite that I've made. Norn Engineer, Sigret Voss.

C3uZV9W.jpg
5uQ7GKd.jpg

My Human Revenant, Xanthas Perilon. Extreme closeup included.

mknX9Ki.jpg
vZNZ5j3.jpg

My main, a Human Guardian, Kaldan Lordal. The most plain looking character I have, but still happy with the way he turned out. 62 now.

yb2FxTI.jpg

Retro

Any ideas on how long the Hall takeover will take?

We have a better idea of what to do this time, and we'll likely have fewer people (the first time we tried it with LP, we ended up with 100+ people in the map). I'd say an hour, two tops, but I don't know how big / spread out the attacks are going to be so... maybe longer, but I should hope not.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Ascended Axe done for my Revenant, so that's both my weapons. It's getting extremely expensive though, and it seems armour is even worse. I'm working on the boots next, it would be great if Fractals could be a bro and drop me something.

Retro

GAFO Guild Hall Capture in 20 Minutes!
If anyone needs help getting to Auric Basin, please join on me as soon as you get in game, I'm gonna run my Mesmer that way to port people who were unable / forgot to get Exalted Mastery I in.

Wanderer5

Holy crap at the last story instance.

Bugs keep popping up and a sponge boss with no checkpoint system, gg Anet. The final fight is soooo bad at this state. And screw Canach's fight too, that was the most tedious boss fight ever. I probably ditch him next time then, and hope Braham's fight is better.

Hedge

The new story..
certainly got dark. Faolain devoured by a Vinetooth and then lures in Caithe with her old face and voice? Dude, not cool.

Morokh

Bugs keep popping up and a sponge boss with no checkpoint system, gg Anet. The final fight is soooo bad at this state. And screw Canach's fight too, that was the most tedious boss fight ever. I probably ditch him next time then, and hope Braham's fight is better.

For me it was Caithe's fight that always kicked my butt xD

Otherwise didn't get any bugs there, and it was an awesome fight, It's sad to see so many people encounter problems with it :x

Wanderer5

For me it was Caithe's fight that always kicked my butt xD

Otherwise didn't get any bugs there, and it was an awesome fight, It's sad to see so many people encounter problems with it :x

Eh the Pale Tree got a bit annoying at the end, but least she didn't feel much of a sponge compare to Canach previously heh, not to mention she was a bit more interesting. And I hope they least fix the updraft issues and the rift being in midair (cause the destroyed part of the area doesn't come back on reset) for the last fight ASAP.

I picked caithe and bram to go in with me and I never wiped. Also I never had any bugs but still I did not like the way the did the ending. It seemed so easy compared to how dangerous he was suppose to be. I played on my scrapper and I had zerker gear on so the boss was not difficult at all. The fight was interesting and challenging just not for an elder dragon fight.

KiteGr

GAFO Guild Hall Capture in 20 Minutes!
If anyone needs help getting to Auric Basin, please join on me as soon as you get in game, I'm gonna run my Mesmer that way to port people who were unable / forgot to get Exalted Mastery I in.

If the Guild hall is captured, all they have to do is press G and then the Guild Hall button.
It will teleport them to the guild hall and back free of charge.

Edit: Ah! You mean you are going to capture it now!
I thought that you manage to capture it in 20 minutes.

Morokh

I picked caithe and bram to go in with me and I never wiped. Also I never had any bugs but still I did not like the way the did the ending. It seemed so easy compared to how dangerous he was suppose to be. I played on my scrapper and I had zerker gear on so the boss was not difficult at all. The fight was interesting and challenging just not for an elder dragon fight.

That's cause the 'real' fight is the Dragon Stand one and the story part is supposed to take place at the same time, but the way the story is made you completely miss it if you just do the story ....which is my biggest complaint with the story to be honest.

Retro

Gilded Hollow captured.
We are now official members of GAF Gold.

It was discussed briefly during the capture process that we may decide in a few months to swap halls; we don't lose progress, just furniture placement and stuff. Might be cool to have donation drives twice a year and switch between the two. Something we'll talk about in the near future!

Wanderer5

That's cause the 'real' fight is the Dragon Stand one and the story part is supposed to take place at the same time, but the way the story is made you completely miss it if you just do the story ....which is my biggest complaint with the story to be honest.

Canach commented that Mordremoth was being distracted by the battles outside, but yeah probably would have been nice for them to go a bit in-depth on that like some added dialogue when entering dragon's stand or such.

Hedge

I have been in AB all day trying to get the darn hero point below the city. I really hope they get easier to complete as people learn. I was in a super organized map, and I've never seen events done so efficiently.. and yet, we failed. I'm going crazy. ;_;

kagete

Yo I played with a GAF overflow type guild several years back. Any chance of an invite for me and my wife?

kagete.1479
aestvalis.7582

We want to be fairly active as we've both just purchased the xpac. I believe my 2 brothers who are both Gaffers are also in the guild as well. Cheers!

Oh really?

Well that makes more sense. I look forward to GAFing the Dragon's Stand meta.

Retro

Alright, some quick updates on the GAF Guild Hall;
  1. You can only have one tavern boost at a time, so you have to pick between the experience boost or the karma one. Not sure why they did it that way, but there it is.
  2. The Arena needs the following items before it can be used for actual duels;
    • 36 Ley Line Sparks
    • 1 Celestial Intricate Gossamer Insignia
    • 4 Celestial Imbued Orichalcum Inscription
  3. We also need the following items for the next Mine unlock; expanding the mine generates more Aetherium means we upgrade things faster.
    • 13 Silverwastes Shovels
    • 50 Vials of Linseed Oil
    • 19 Molten Lodestones
  4. The Guild Trader is up, and has a different stock each day (I imagine it changes at reset), check it out but be warned; we already had one person buy the Bag of Education Supplies and ended up not getting anything, so it may be bugged (please file a bug report if this happens to you, Game menu > Support > Report a Bug).
Yo I played with a GAF overflow type guild several years back. Any chance of an invite for me and my wife?

kagete.1479
aestvalis.7582

We want to be fairly active as we've both just purchased the xpac. I believe my 2 brothers who are both Gaffers are also in the guild as well. Cheers!

Invites sent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom