• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
All players if you want to make serious fucking gold right now, go to a zone like Genderran fields and cut down all the trees you can. Soft Wood Planks are going for 17 silver. This is not going to last. Take some hours of your time and farm the living jeebus out of it.

All players if you want to make serious fucking gold right now, go to a zone like Genderran fields and cut down all the trees you can. Soft Wood Planks are going for 17 silver. This is not going to last. Take some hours of your time and farm the living jeebus out of it.
Or buy green wood, mf upgrade to soft wood. Get rich!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-road-ahead-for-2015/

New legendaries, Raids and squad UI coming mid-November!

It’s Beginning to Feel a Lot like Wintersday

On December 15, we’re excited to welcome back a truly festive Guild Wars 2 tradition—the return of one of our favorite classic holidays, Wintersday! New rewards, outfits, skins, snowball fights, festive decorations for your guild halls, Ho-Ho-Trons, and more await you as we celebrate the holiday season Guild Wars 2 style!

Retro

Interview with Colin Johanson about HoT, one week in; http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...f-Thorns-One-Week-In-with-Colin-Johanson.html

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-road-ahead-for-2015/

New legendaries, Raids and squad UI coming mid-November!

Do they just not sleep? HoT hasn't even cooled off a degree and they're already telling us what's right around the corner.

All you new/free players or returning folks who never experienced the Living Story... I'd tell you to get ready, but there's really nothing you can do to prepare for it.

Interview with Colin Johanson about HoT, one week in; http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...f-Thorns-One-Week-In-with-Colin-Johanson.html

Do they just not sleep? HoT hasn't even cooled off a degree and they're already telling us what's right around the corner.

All you new/free players or returning folks who never experienced the Living Story... I'd tell you to get ready, but there's really nothing you can do to prepare for it.
Well to be fair the things I listed should have been there at HoT release but needed more time for fixes.

Looks like we can rest easy knowing LS won't pick up till 2016.

ZPQ0Ny0.jpg

bneqWGY.jpg

sSPPizC.jpg

^..^

Hellers

I made a slight change to the look of my Char which I think you'll all agree is far more in keeping with just how badass Char really are.

bSglRLv.jpg

Rawk Hawk

I figured it was generic enough that it didn't really give anything away. If I'm mistaken, I'll take it down.

I have been mainly doing Halloween and PvP since HoT (last thing I was asked to do in story was unlock gliding) and I didn't think it really gave anything away. The enemy model I think we've seen before, or at least a similar one. If there is something in the picture that spoils something, it's still over my head.

Retro

Well, down to the wire but I got 8/8 Halloween achievements, not that it earns me anything but I like to do it every year. Here's hoping next year they're not too busy to expand the Mad King Thorn story, maybe bring back a shitload of his wives seeking revenge on him as a sort of Haunted Henry VIII kind thing. It's a cool little tongue-in-cheek story I'd love to see them continue fleshing out if only as a silly little break from the usual plotline.

Ashodin

Well, down to the wire but I got 8/8 Halloween achievements, not that it earns me anything but I like to do it every year. Here's hoping next year they're not too busy to expand the Mad King Thorn story, maybe bring back a shitload of his wives seeking revenge on him as a sort of Haunted Henry VIII kind thing. It's a cool little tongue-in-cheek story I'd love to see them continue fleshing out if only as a silly little break from the usual plotline.

this must be done

Vena

Mordrem X are beings made out of matter from the original thing. Mordrem Wyverns are mordrem made out of wyvern bodies.

I figured as much, so the Wyvern Patriarch is just a wild animal that is rather pissed off (either from the death of later-said Matriarch, or from having eggs thrown at him). But the Mordrem Wyvern Matriach is the/a killed -> re-purposed Wyvern Matriarch.

Maledict

Has anyone ever been in a group that manges to break the Wyvern Matriarchs CC defiance bar by the way? I presume it stops her flying off and dive bombing the place, but no group I've ever done it with has managed to come close to doing it.

spiritfox

Has anyone ever been in a group that manges to break the Wyvern Matriarchs CC defiance bar by the way? I presume it stops her flying off and dive bombing the place, but no group I've ever done it with has managed to come close to doing it.

I've seen people break her bar once or twice, but most pugs don't really bother with CCs. Yeah it just topples her and gives you free hits.

Alex

After trying off and on since launch I finally got this to click for me. Having a lot of fun.

Can anyone provide me with some basics or tips for leveling a necro, though? Feel lost with the builds.

Callunah

Neo Member

Working on getting mine too.. on one account or the other. lol maybe even both. hah depends on how bored I am

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just got the Halloween achievement done, left it a little late but glad I got it. This was my first Halloween and I enjoyed it, the Lab is really great for levelling, it really helped my Revenant out.

Spent 2 hours doing the CoF mastery farm, it was mind numbing but I got the Fractal masteries I wanted and a couple of others so it was worth it. I finished 1-20, time to progress further! I'm really enjoying Fractals but I see a lot of complaints from high level people about the rewards which is a shame, I was hoping to get some Ascended armour from them as it's so expensive.

Mxrz

I dunno why people are complaining about Fractal Rewards. We did a level 1 tonight and I think they're just great.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
They said in the interview that retro posted they are looking at fractal rewards

tiijj

So if I got this right, since this HP in VB is bugged for me (where the frogs originally were), I need to go to the HP that nears the entrance to the Auric Basin where the frogs are now correct?

Getting there with Herald, just need like 5 HoT HP worth to complete it. So excited to play that spec again. I would probably work on Dragon Hunter and Daredevil, but think I be on a break on trying to unlock more specs.

I think it's switched, when you do the top one near the vines it shows the one with the frog as finished but when you do the frog, it shows the top with the vine thing as finished. For some reason it's reversed but you can still do both.

Wanderer5

I think it's switched, when you do the top one near the vines it shows the one with the frog as finished but when you do the frog, it shows the top with the vine thing as finished. For some reason it's reversed but you can still do both.

Yeah today I went to where the frogs are now, even through I already obtained the HP there, and it counted for the other one.

Morokh

With an infinite Batwing Brew, this halloween would have been flawless ... oh well ....

Will hold-on to that extra Bat wing and Pumpkin Smasher, you never know how they'll be used in decorations ... :p

Hellers

Yesterday I took my level 45 engineer to Harathi Highlands. Events there was a daily and I figured it`d be pretty quick since the centaur camp assault chain runs quite often. As luck would have it it started a minute or so after I got there and I ran through the whole thing apart from the big boss fight right at the end (Couldn`t stay that long).

The entire thing took less than 20 minutes but the surprising thing was I gained three entire levels doing it. The only XP boost I had active was a birthday booster. Does that sound right?

Mxrz

Yeah, its probably the best XP chain in the old world outside the limited time festival events. Leveled a few characters in it.

Old Xp boosters from the menu/multi stack only last 20 minutes. Some separate ones from somewhere last two hours. That is a bit annoying.

Realized that I had about 70 laurels burning a whole in my pocket so I finally went and got some ascended accessories.

Is crafting the only reliable way to get ascended armor/weapons or is there a merchant for them too?

Also did a Fractal for the first time in forever last night. I'm at a whopping Fractal level 4, ladies and germs. eally hoping ANet supports them more than dungeons and eventually starts putting out newer Fractals pretty regularly, because it was a decently fun time.

If I wanted to start running fractals how high a level could I go before I started needing ascended gear?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists#Fractal_levels

Agony doesn't start until level 20 so you can go that far without any ascended gear at all.

Ascended trinkets (rings x2, accessories x2, amulet) are relatively easy to get via laurels. By the time you hit level 20 you should have enough relics in your wallet to purchase a few versatile agony infusions (+5 AR for 75 relics each). If you have the fractal mastery that allows you to go to the far island and talk to the researcher guy you can buy +7 infusions for one +5 infusion and 75 relics (so 150 relics in total). So you could cheaply get 7*5 = 35 AR in your trinkets which will last you up until fractal level 35.

Ascended weapons are much more of a stat upgrade from exotics than ascended armor is, so if you're going to focus on something, do weapons first. There's one infusion slot for each hand, so you can get another 14 AR in there bringing you up to 49 AR which will get you to level 43.

After that you'll have to start thinking about crafting an ascended backpack and ascended armor, and infusing and attuning your rings and backpack for the two agony slots (and the very expensive +10/+11 infusions to go in them). Unfortunately fractals aren't a decent source of money at all, and the chances of getting an ascended armor box from them is very, very low, especially at low levels, so it will be a significant investment if you want to get into high level fractals.

Another thing worthy of note is that they sort of changed the way agony works, it's only certain attacks from bosses that will apply agony, and it's usually a pretty obvious tell. They even added an effect to show that it will apply agony, so if you know the encounters well enough you can in theory get away with less than the recommended agony resistance. But that requires spending a lot of time in fractals, and if you spend a lot of time in fractals you probably already have ascended gear and the appropriate amount of AR anyways.

Is crafting the only reliable way to get ascended armor/weapons or is there a merchant for them too?

Yeah, you have to craft those. If you get an ascended armor/weapon box you can swap the stats in the mystic forge, but the drop rates on those are very low.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I have an ascended soldiers chest (Ahmed's?). How do I go about changing it to mauraders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom