• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quenk

One note about ascended weapons: if you swap in combat to a weapon that doesn't have AR, you won't get the bonus from the other weapon.

Thanks! I haven't really done many Fractals over the years, so I wasn't really sure of this myself. The +7 infusions unlock after the first tier in the mastery, correct? Wiki says gain access to other vendors, just not which ones specifically (but I assume it's that one).

Yeah, just the first mastery afaik. You talk to the golem called like MAST-ER604 or something and he sends you to the far island which lets you talk to the merchant guy. I think he might be the only locked vendor unless I'm missing something.

That`s very helpful appletoasty. Thank you.

You're welcome ^^

Do you know how much the mauraders insignia is?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marauder_Intricate_Gossamer_Insignia

It looks like it's account bound so you have to craft it. Requires 3 ebony orbs per which look like they're about 1g on the TP, ouch :x.

Rawk Hawk

Do you know how much the mauraders insignia is?

It's account bound. It doesn't seem too expensive. Ebony orbs would be the expensive bit.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marauder_Intricate_Gossamer_Insignia

You could always check the Trading Post for one that's similar in stat distribution, here is any exotic rarity item with the word "Insignia":

https://www.gw2tp.com/search?name=insignia&rarity=5&page=1

Yeah, just the first mastery afaik. You talk to the golem called like MAST-ER604 or something and he sends you to the far island which lets you talk to the merchant guy. I think he might be the only locked vendor unless I'm missing something.

Not bad, maybe I'll poke my head out of sPvP sooner or later and try these out. Thanks for the information!

Quenk

Does look like you need a level 500 crafting disciple though, otherwise you may be best picking one off the Trading Post that's similar in stat distribution, here is any exotic rarity item with the word "Insignia":

https://www.gw2tp.com/search?name=insignia&rarity=5&page=1

Ascended stat swapping uses the exotic one which requires level 400 crafting.

Which do I use, that gossimer insignia or the svarri one that needs dark matter?

You use the gossamer one for ascended stat swap.

Rawk Hawk

Ascended stat swapping uses the exotic one which requires level 400 crafting.

Ah, I see what I did, on the right it say 500.. wonder why? I'll edit it out of my previous post to avoid confusion. Thanks!

Edit: I'm not familiar enough with the wiki to change it, the edit tab doesn't seem to have those ratings listed to just adjust down to 400.

Edit 2: Someone answered on the wiki, the right side is the level the items can be used it, drawing from the insignia craft listed below. All the others I had checked like Berserker's have level 400 crafts they are used in, so they list 400 there. Since Marauder's is only used in a level 500 craft, the info box on the right lists that. Not sure if anyone pays attention to it, but I know did.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Okay that's my plan tonight then. Get 400 crafting in the thing, buy the mats, swap my chest stats. Excited

Indignate

Your life is eventful.

I will run around the lab for a few hours and then get bored and stop playing.

Doing Verdant Brink for the first time yesterday was fun though. Looking forward for the when the guild does it later this week. Hopefully Mike doesn't try to ditch us again for a better map.

MikeDip

Your life is eventful.

I will run around the lab for a few hours and then get bored and stop playing.

Doing Verdant Brink for the first time yesterday was fun though. Looking forward for the when the guild does it later this week. Hopefully Mike doesn't try to ditch us again for a better map.
I am sorry my map sucked

Quenk

Lol, this sounds like a fun time.

Speaking of, does anyone know the exact VB cycle? I'm pretty sure it's every 90 minutes which means it would be consistent each day. Wonder when night starts each evening.

It's from an old post but someone said day is 90 minutes and night is 40 minutes. I don't know how the megaserver stuff works though. When it spins up a new instance would it start the timer from that moment?

Maledict

As someone coming back to the game, what's the fastest way for me to earn some experience in the old world now? I want to get to fractal mastery 3 so I at least maximise the rewards from the fractals I run, and I have about a million exp to go.

Would it be from zone completing old zones I missed out on, chain running dungeons / fractals, doing events in the new zones added in the last year (Silvertop and DryWastes)?

At least for Maguma mastery it's easy, just run zone events in whatever zone I fancy like exploring...

As someone coming back to the game, what's the fastest way for me to earn some experience in the old world now? I want to get to fractal mastery 3 so I at least maximise the rewards from the fractals I run, and I have about a million exp to go.

Would it be from zone completing old zones I missed out on, chain running dungeons / fractals, doing events in the new zones added in the last year (Silvertop and DryWastes)?

At least for Maguma mastery it's easy, just run zone events in whatever zone I fancy like exploring...

If you want to scumbag it and just get it done, you can join an LFG to farm Citadel of Flame path 1... there's a point in that path where you can endlessly spawn elites, people are using it to grind out their mastery exp <_<. It's brainless and mind numbing but it gets the job done. I admit I did it for a little bit, but I was shooting the shit with friends on Mumble the whole time so it wasn't as painful as it should've been.

When will the Verdant Brink GAF event happen? I'll try to stay asleep for that.

Saturday NA evening, we haven't decided on a time yet though. Still figuring out missions, but probably after missions.

Maledict

Yeah, I heard about that but I'd rather eat my own elbow than stand in one spot perma killing elites for ages on end. I stopped playing Everquest for a reason some time ago... ;-)

Yeah, I heard about that but I'd rather eat my own elbow than stand in one spot perma killing elites for ages on end. I stopped playing Everquest for a reason some time ago... ;-)

Then yea, probably Silverwastes or Dry Top is probably the least boring way to get exp with all those events etc :) not bad money either.

Rawk Hawk

I have been just exploring with my Rev, kind of want the old Hero Points anyway for Herald, so I'm just filling in maps with it, exp does pile up quickly with that, plus I'm simultaneously working towards Glint, always love a good two birds, one stone situation.

Although not nearly as fast as CoF I'm sure.

hythloday

/ooc Camp check?

I agree with you, at some point I completely lost my tolerance for repetitive stuff. When I was a teenager playing Final Fantasy Tactics I'd find a map and corner an enemy and grind JP off it and heal it when it almost died. I could spend hours one afternoon leveling a party like that. Today, no freaking way!

Anno

Yeah EverQuest actually had the best PvE because you didn't need to press many buttons and could just chat the entire time. Also flying kick looked really cool for the time.

35 mastery no CoF farm... some curse shore farming but that gets boring fast,,, i found playing on VB, AB, and TD maps gain a ton of XP quickly, yet to reach Dragon Stand, but i am taking my time with the content don't want to be bored in 3 months

So apparently the bottle label on the Improvised Dagger skin says "SOMETHING IN THE WATER" in New Krytan.

tumblr_nx874aSik11shmw0go1_250.png

Lol.

MikeDip

Man the tattered wing price went up to like 20gggyesterday. Last I saw it,it was 12. Should I sell mine now or are they expected to go up? Supply week decrease but what about demand??

What's the price now anyways I can't check at work

Halloween event ends tomorrow morning, right? Means one more night of farming ToT bags. I ended up running with Katoki for a little while last night, managed to get a full stack from the time spent along with a few levels gained on my Guardian.

What's a good PvE build for Guardian look like? I haven't run one before, and right now in labyrinth I'm using scepter/torch for bosses and staff for mob hits.

MikeDip

Halloween event ends tomorrow morning, right? Means one more night of farming ToT bags. I ended up running with Katoki for a little while last night, managed to get a full stack from the time spent along with a few levels gained on my Guardian.

What's a good PvE build for Guardian look like? I haven't run one before, and right now in labyrinth I'm using scepter/torch and staff for hits.
Are you gonna use the elite line or not? When I wasn't I used scepter/torch or focus and then gs. After elite I now use the bow. I like focuses a lot though so I kept that and my switch to is 1hs + focus
But honestly for pvp you most likely want a gs somewhere

explodet

Leveled an engineer to 80 in the Labyrinth last night farming ToT bags, and I haven't a clue about what to do with him except park him outside the flax farm like I have with my other 80. Maybe I'll do the same with my lvl 60 thief, although I have even less idea what to do with that class.

In other news, like an idiot, I didn't realize until recently that Spectral Grasp has everything I ever wanted as a Reaper.

Rawk Hawk

Whoa nice. Hawk should I sell or save??

Always a tough call, presumably this price will go up after Halloween ends, but the market could flood with wings of people who ended with 1-2 and don't want to purchase the rest. I can't honestly say what would be best, although I'd likely hold them myself.

MikeDip

Always a tough call, presumably this price will go up after Halloween ends, but the market could flood with wings of people who ended with 1-2 and don't want to purchase the rest. I can't honestly say what would be best, although I'd likely hold them myself.
I might sell 1/4 of them and keep the rest!

Dead

well not really...yet
So I pretty much haven't touched HoT yet due to being paralyzed with who I want to take through the content first. I went ahead and level 80d a Revanent, but I think I'm going to finish up my Necromancer's Personal Story (level 78 and about to finish Chapter 7) and then dive in...

Clearos

Having a blast with the daredevil in pvp(so much I still have yet to even touch HoT). Took awhile to get the hang of it but now finally able to really start making a different in team battles. I don't feel like a far point capper anymore and now more of a vaulting machine of death.

Stuart444

Hoping someone can help me here. I'm trying to get the GW2 gamepad set up working again. It's doing this issue that I've had before but usually it goes away after a few "turn programs off and use start.bat again". This time however, it refuses to fix itself.

Using Windows 10 and I had this working a few weeks or so ago and nothing's changed since then. (I had the same issue on Windows 8.1 but again, I can usually fix it the same way I mentioned above).

Sometimes it looks like this where most of the UI is invisible (you can still click on things like open if you know where they are)

and other times it looks like this:

Where no matter how many times I try to open the profile (both the controller one and the game one), it never opens. AT ALL.

I've tried it with "Run as Administrator" several times and it's also set to vista compatibility mode.

Anyone got any ideas? :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hoping someone can help me here.
Sounds a lot like me!

First of all... dumb question but are you using the brand new version of the solution that I remade for HoT? You should not be using start.bat anymore whatsoever, since AutoHotKey is no longer necessary.
So I pretty much haven't touched HoT yet due to being paralyzed with who I want to take through the content first. I went ahead and level 80d a Revanent, but I think I'm going to finish up my Necromancer's Personal Story (level 78 and about to finish Chapter 7) and then dive in...
I've been slowly taking my Thief/Daredevil through HoT stuff while simultaneously leveling (through non-instant means) my revenant in old content to learn the class. Been a bunch of fun and it's definitely overwhelming that there are elite specs and new weapon skills to learn on every other class too, but the Masteries being account bound is super awesome.

Stuart444

Sounds a lot like me!

First of all... dumb question but are you using the brand new version of the solution that I remade for HoT? You should not be using start.bat anymore whatsoever, since AutoHotKey is no longer necessary.

I didn't even know there was a new version. I guess I'll try that then...

and now Xpadder is working totally fine. o_O how odd.

Thanks Hawkian!

Katoki

Playing catch up with this thread but I did the final fight in story as a condition reaper. It was definitely not one of the smarter things I've done in a while.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I didn't even know there was a new version. I guess I'll try that then...

and now Xpadder is working totally fine. o_O how odd.

Thanks Hawkian!
The action camera made it possible to simplify much of was was going on behind the scenes, and you get a crosshair and everything. It's really awesome!

Stuart444

The action camera made it possible to simplify much of was was going on behind the scenes, and you get a crosshair and everything. It's really awesome!

Cross hair is going to take time to get used to but it feels so good to have it working without many issues now. :D though it took me extra time to get it to work on my partners laptop for her. Turns out exclusive mode with the DS4 apps is mandatory otherwise the mouse goes all the way up to the left because it detects both a 360 and a 'wireless controller' x.x got it to work in the end though.

I also had no idea action camera was added til now XD.

Are you gonna use the elite line or not? When I wasn't I used scepter/torch or focus and then gs. After elite I now use the bow. I like focuses a lot though so I kept that and my switch to is 1hs + focus
But honestly for pvp you most likely want a gs somewhere
I'm sure that I'll get there eventually; I plan on unlocking the specialization on all of my characters, just not right away. I've got Daredevil unlocked on Broos but after fiddling around with the staff I switched back to daggers with some of the new skills added in to the repertoire. Dragonhunter's not really a priority right now.

PvP, ehh... never been big on that. Before HoT I was just logging in for the daily achievements and PvP tracks, and half the time I just capped stuff without fighting back. Since HoT, there's so many other things to do that PvP has completely fallen off.

Stuart444

Just got access to Gliding before I stopped for tonight.

Gliding is soo coool :D (though I did accidentally glide off into the unplayable area at the bottom of Verdant XD)

Though Verdant is a mean and confusing area. Hopefully less confusing with access to gliding :D.

spiritfox

Just got access to Gliding before I stopped for tonight.

Gliding is soo coool :D (though I did accidentally glide off into the unplayable area at the bottom of Verdant XD)

Though Verdant is a mean and confusing area. Hopefully less confusing with access to gliding :D.

Once you get more familar with the place (and updrafts and bouncing mushrooms) you'll find it's not any more complicated than Cursed Shore.

Tangled Depths is still a mess though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom