• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
★ Jumping Puzzle Event Series ★
☆ NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 18 ☆

Event #14 - Hexfoundry Unhinged

Required Character Level: 1 (64 recommended)
Required Zone: Sparkfly Fen

Recommended Waypoint:
Darkweather Waypoint - [&BM0BAAA=]

This event will take place 30 minutes after server reset (7:30 PM EST) on Wednesday night. These events are intended to take no longer than ~30 minutes, they're just a quick excuse to see everyone's pretty faces in the middle of the week.

Around 10 minutes before the event, we will hop into Mumble and start collecting at the entrance to the zone to help anyone missing the waypoints. We'll get started as soon as everyone is ready!

demonkaze

So I've just started playing this on my PC and I'm having troubles with it running. It starts off fine and then after a short time the screen freezes but the music and sound effects are still playing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, really looking forward to get stuck in with this.

So I've just started playing this on my PC and I'm having troubles with it running. It starts off fine and then after a short time the screen freezes but the music and sound effects are still playing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, really looking forward to get stuck in with this.

Did you check that your Windows and graphics drivers are up to date? I had a bit of that a few weeks back, but manually pushing it for updates found something and it's been relatively smooth since.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/Upcoming-Fractal-Changes

Upcoming Fractal Changes

Hello All,

Since the launch of Heart of Thorns the Team has been monitoring feedback regarding the changes to Fractals. We’ve noticed several issues with fractal balance and rewards that are especially prominent above Fractal Level 50, and the team is working on some adjustments that we are planning to ship in December. We wanted to give you an overview of what’s coming.

Balance
After reviewing stat scaling we have decided to make an adjustment to how toughness scales. From fractal scale 1 to 50 the toughness stat of creatures will scale up with the fractal scale. Beyond fractal scale 50 the toughness stat of creatures will no longer increase with the scale of the fractal. This is to make damage builds more viable in higher level fractals.

Ascended Drop Rates
We’ve noticed some changes to ascended drop rates that are below what we were expecting. In this iteration of Fractal changes we will be increasing the drop rate of ascended gear from your Fractal dailies with an emphasis on high level Fractals rewarding more ascended armor.

Mastery Experience
We plan for Fractals to be an effective place to earn mastery experience. Our first step towards that goal is adding additional experience sources to boss chests at the end of each Fractal. This experience counts towards earning your Masteries for Central Tyria, and increases both for more difficult Fractals as well as with increased Fractal Scale.

Gold
In this iteration, there will be several changes to how fractals give out liquid rewards (gold and items designed to convert directly into gold). The negative aspect of this change is a required decrease to the amount of keys you receive from converting a stabilizing matrix from two to one. However the upside is threefold:
First, the quantity of free Fractal Encryption Keys you receive for completing all dailies will increase.
Second, the amount of liquid rewards Fractal Encryptions contain will be greatly increased.

Last, the variation of liquid rewards will be reduced. We noticed that the general perception of how much the Encryptions were rewarding players and the aggregate numbers didn’t agree, they weren’t even close. We believe that the variation was set to rely too greatly on the high valued rewards. This change will make liquid rewards from fractal farming and dailies much more predictable.

We look forward to getting these changes to you and would like to thank you for all of your constructive feedback on Fractals. We are committed to supporting fractals for the long term and we’ll be continuously monitoring them for future improvements.

Thank you,

John

\o/ yay

demonkaze

Ok, the game seems to be working at the moment, any chance me and my brother can get an invite to the guild?

astraer.5048
Chronostear.6419

Wanderer5

holy cow nice lara

:)

2015-11-13_00007_zpsiuthwzef.jpg

spiritfox

I bet this means the 1g and 5g items become more common but less valued.

Would the guild maybe be interested in a Friday evening event?

The problem with Saturday evenings is that the whole map chain is 2 hours, and offset from Teq/Reset and our mission time, it just becomes very hard to squeeze in neatly.

I don't care about missing teq but scheduling a guild event during reset teq just doesn't seem prudent with that popularity.

I would like a Friday event, but I'm not sure how others are about it.

But if it's too troublesome don't worry about me. I pug Tarir frequently enough. I would like to see a GAF TD though (just to see how well we fare).

Proven

So... uh... I've missed exactly 7 days of posts. Not much GW2 news from what I can tell checking reddit once a day, but still...

I deposited a few PvP reward potions for the PvP Rank Point Guild Enhancement. Also, learned this morning that you can highlight the tiny, tiny bar on the treasury screen to find out what your deposits are going towards. Cool.

Fractal changes sound nice. I was hoping they'd become a more viable for experience.

How was the Verdant Brink expedition last week?

I've also wanted to rant about Dailies, especially PvP and WvW dailies, for the last two weeks but hopefully if I keep my mouth shut until patch day on Tuesday it'll become moot.

Hellers

I got a steam controller today. Hopefully to replace the XBox one controller. The steam beta I'm using is a bit buggy and I've having to relearn all my controller muscle memory from the last few weeks (The steam controller has more available buttons so less reliance on toggles) but early impressions are good. I wish the steam overlay wasn't so buggy though. I just had to restart steam because it stopped appearing when I hit the hotkeys.

The right pad feels lovely as a mouse and the haptics feel great. Shows promise.

Retro

Reminder:
Guild Hall Tour begins at 9:00 PM Eastern Time (8 hours from this post). Since we'll be meeting at the Guild Hall for missions, while we're waiting for late comers and organizing parties I'm going to lead a quick tour of the Hall so everyone knows what features we've unlocked and what materials we need. I'm going to try to do this every week so folks can stay up to date on what we have available. We'll then use the awesome new Guild Portal to teleport to our first mission.

Note that Guild Missions still have a lot of bugs / issues, and folks may or may not get their commendations / rewards this week. There's nothing we can really do about it, and hopefully they resolve this issue Tuesday. We'll be running makeups on Sunday as usual if folks want to try again. Remember that missions aren't mandatory, and if the idea of not getting your reward bugs you, I totally understand if folks want to sit them out and nobody will hold it against you.

I'm just tagging along tonight for the fun of it again. I've missed the last few months of guild missions due to personal reasons, so it'll be great to do them with everyone again.

Retro

Guild Missions in 50 minutes!
Guild Hall Tour begins at 9:00 PM Eastern Time (50 minutes from this post). Since we'll be meeting at the Guild Hall for missions, while we're waiting for late comers and organizing parties I'm going to lead a quick tour of the Hall so everyone knows what features we've unlocked and what materials we need. I'm going to try to do this every week so folks can stay up to date on what we have available. We'll then use the awesome new Guild Portal to teleport to our first mission.

Note that Guild Missions still have a lot of bugs / issues, and folks may or may not get their commendations / rewards this week. There's nothing we can really do about it, and hopefully they resolve this issue Tuesday. We'll be running makeups on Sunday as usual if folks want to try again. Remember that missions aren't mandatory, and if the idea of not getting your reward bugs you, I totally understand if folks want to sit them out and nobody will hold it against you.

Retro

Awesome screenshots, as usual Miktar.

Thanks for coming out to Missions everyone, apologies for all of the bugs and confusion with the new instanced Challenges and Puzzle. Make-up missions will be tomorrow at 3 if you were unable to get your commendations tonight. Hopefully we'll have this stuff fixed Tuesday.

Proven

Over the next week I'm going to try and craft together the materials for a PvP upgrade, and I keep hearing on reddit how heavy supply bags are in short supply since they can only be gained from PvP right now. Is there anything else that I can put on my To Do list for the next week or is it fine to be selfish? I've got Chef, Artificer, Armorsmith, and Leatherworker over 400, and if it involves a recipe I need accout bound materials to unlock I have no qualms with earning it myself.

Retro

Guild Mission Make-ups in an hour!
Please note that Guild Missions still have a lot of bugs / issues, and folks may or may not get their commendations / rewards this week. There's nothing we can really do about it, and hopefully they resolve this issue Tuesday. Remember that missions aren't mandatory, and if the idea of not getting your reward bugs you, I totally understand if folks want to sit them out and nobody will hold it against you.

Over the next week I'm going to try and craft together the materials for a PvP upgrade, and I keep hearing on reddit how heavy supply bags are in short supply since they can only be gained from PvP right now. Is there anything else that I can put on my To Do list for the next week or is it fine to be selfish? I've got Chef, Artificer, Armorsmith, and Leatherworker over 400, and if it involves a recipe I need accout bound materials to unlock I have no qualms with earning it myself.

I think Potions of PVP Reward are really the only thing we need, and the amount isn't huge as far as I can tell (most of the Arena upgrades are just crafting materials). The stuff we need is generally Kegs (flax is the expensive component, it's 60 per keg), Glass Mugs (or coarse sand) and Ley-Line tools (weaponsmith, made from ley-line sparks, charged quartz, bloodstone dust and an ori mining pick).

The Heavy Supply Bags, from what I've read, are an issue because they removed the main source of them somehow... hopefully they address that.

Retro

Guild Mission Makeups went well, considering the bugs. We have a theory on how to make sure everyone gets comms next week for puzzle if they don't fix it first. Apologies to everyone who didn't get their bouncy UI chest, I hope ANet is working on it in time for Tuesday's update.

The Guild Arena now has wall objects! If you're interested in messing around with them, please post here in the OT (or ask in-game) and we'll promote you to "Gladiator" rank which has a bunch of Arena permissions enabled. I tossed some walls in there really quickly just to try it out.

The guild hall is an amazing place:

So many little hidden areas. Thanks to Retro for showing me some today.

Yeah, I was shocked at how much room there is; if it's all just empty space for decoration / RP purposes I'll be somewhat disappointed, but the way Colin talked about it in the livestreams (I believe he said it was his favorite feature?) makes me hopeful there's a ton of NPCs and features we just haven't unlocked yet that are quietly tucked away. The upper level we got to seems like it's laid out for something (there are four matching buildings with minor variations inside), maybe crafting stations or something?

Either way, I'm very impressed, though I'm surprised they rolled over small guilds with all of the attention there was on them in the CDI. The hall is incredible for a 500-member guild like ours is usually close to hitting, but for guild with 3-10 members? /shrug

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
like i mentioned in guild earlier i shall be doing some gifts for gw2 gaf soon for christmas, (per zeroth was informed that u may be doing a secret santa which i shall take part) but this is seperate, something i started last year with marvel heroes gaf and later was titled queen of gifting (i may have spent upwards of more than £400)

ill give more details soon :p

Ashodin

Oh jeez that's crazy cool of you Queen, and let me be the first to say is entirely unnecessary (though if I can't stop you I will accept them graciously).

You're a definite welcome addition to the guild and we love having you here! :)

Proven

I think Potions of PVP Reward are really the only thing we need, and the amount isn't huge as far as I can tell (most of the Arena upgrades are just crafting materials). The stuff we need is generally Kegs (flax is the expensive component, it's 60 per keg), Glass Mugs (or coarse sand) and Ley-Line tools (weaponsmith, made from ley-line sparks, charged quartz, bloodstone dust and an ori mining pick).

The Heavy Supply Bags, from what I've read, are an issue because they removed the main source of them somehow... hopefully they address that.
Okay, the only reason I was worried about posting more information is because of some hope to make money off of a market, but I've made a bunch of gold today from random crafts and won't get to play much soon so here we go:

Guild Enhancements power up based on how many guild enhancements have been unlocked total. Last I checked, the PvP reward enhancement was available, which I would whore half the time and could even use to get some more Heavy Supply Bags slightly faster. The main bottleneck is a Chef recipe that you need to get from Dry Top to unlock. So I'm going to resupply my geodes over the next week when I have some free time, buy the ingredients I don't have a surplus of, then deposit it. Anyone else who has Chef to 400 that wants to pitch it, be glad. Also, Oregano Leaves are required, which are only available in 15-45 Kryta zones from herb nodes, so they're currently extremely pricey.

Retro

The main bottleneck is a Chef recipe that you need to get from Dry Top to unlock. So I'm going to resupply my geodes over the next week when I have some free time, buy the ingredients I don't have a surplus of, then deposit it.

I highly recommend checking in with @DryTopSAND on twitter, they usually announce when they're gonna be hitting the zone up. Kos got me into a map they were running tonight and they were consistently hitting Tier 6 all night and were ultra organized.

Proven

I highly recommend checking in with @DryTopSAND on twitter, they usually announce when they're gonna be hitting the zone up. Kos got me into a map they were running tonight and they were consistently hitting Tier 6 all night and were ultra organized.

Thanks.

Did you go for a second run?

Proven

I'll make this one quick.

Last week, we had the final ESL weeklies we will ever have under the older PvP esport system. Four teams from EU and NA each qualified to be the top four seeds for the Pro League in each respective region. But that was last week. This week, we are concerned about the bottom four seeds.

Today will be the finals for the Pro League Qualifiers that started yesterday. In each region we only have eight teams left, meaning that each team has to only win one roud to be in the Pro League itself. Any other concerns are for seeding.

The EU Qualifier Finals start at 19:00CEST/13:00EST/10:00PST

The NA Qualiier Finals start at 02:00CST/20:00EST/17:00PST

More information here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3swrvu/pro_league_qualifier_deciding_matches/

With the Pro League also finalizing, that means PvP Leagues will be starting soon, probably tomorrow. You'll be able to start earning new PvP-only rewards including a new PvP-upgradeable backpiece and a PvP league rank that'll show by your character name similar to the current Mastery Point system. If you're unfamiliar or don't remember the details on the system, you can check them here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-pvp-leagues/

I regret that I am too busy to join one of the GAF teams for the upcoming PvP League season, especially since GAF actually does have a number of cool and competent players that can carry me when I'm too focused on making a pet build work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom