• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodet

Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect amount of silky sand to be given in the Silverwastes.
That "incorrect" better mean more instead of less.

I've been torching that place with a flamethrower, SCOWERING the 'Wastes for sand (which you'd think would be all over the place) because our guild needs glass mugs.
Maybe because everybody gets drunk and breaks them every night, I don't know.

Fishious

So is GAF planning any raid attempts this evening or later this week? I know for the beta weekend there was some organization beforehand which went to waste due to all the bugs, but I was curious if anyone had planned anything since this thread seems awfully quiet regarding perhaps the biggest feature of the patch.

I know most of fractal GAF has been dying to get at the raids since before even HoT launched, which might be why you don't hear much about it - we're all just waiting.

I can't wait to read the rage about the raids - the GW2 community isn't ready for raids, at all. Sure, the hardcore raiders are ready, but that's like 1% of the playerbase. The remaining 99%, when they try raids for the first time, are going to produce much delicious salt.

Remember kids: failing is fun!

Elfstruck

I know most of fractal GAF has been dying to get at the raids since before even HoT launched, which might be why you don't hear much about it - we're all just waiting.

I can't wait to read the rage about the raids - the GW2 community isn't ready for raids, at all. Sure, the hardcore raiders are ready, but that's like 1% of the playerbase. The remaining 99%, when they try raids for the first time, are going to produce much delicious salt.

Remember kids: failing is fun!

I'm sure there will be posts to nerf the raid later today.

I remember when they fixed the poison fields for Teq and everyone was screaming OMG IT'S TOO HARD NOW and pugs failed it all the time. And now a year later it's mindlessly farmable and you can find an organized map even if you zone in 3 minutes before. Ayyy

I hope raids smash my face in, I don't want to win the first time, I want to learn something new :(

Aetherpath is such a great dungeon, aside from being a smidge too long I think. But I wish all the other dungeons were as involved and interesting.

Proven

So I wonder how long until PvP leagues activate...

WvW got the changes to dailies it needed, but I'm likely still to get annoyed at being able to consistently complete my dailies through stronghold.

Late tonight I should be able to pop into Dry Top and buy the recipe I need, Tier 6 or not. So, time to start gathering materials and make Trading Post bids. Oregano Leaf...

Fishious

I want an invisible glider. Suddenly you just decide to float/fly *with the help of updrafts*

Sometimes, when I zone into a map and immediately start gliding it takes a moment for the glider to load in. In that brief moment I feel like I'm a norn Peter Pan. I'd pay to experience that magic all the time.

nan0

The final story misson is still buggy. Pre-patch I couldn't defeat
Blighted Caithe
, because she just disappeared at the end of the fight while there were still mobs spawning.
Now at the
Mordremoth
fight, a part of the arena you fight in breaks off, and the rift you need to close spawns right in the air...

Can you do the misson with a group? I'm pretty tired to do this long-ass fights alone.

Hedge

The final story misson is still buggy. Pre-patch I couldn't defeat
Blighted Caithe
, because she just disappeared at the end of the fight while there were still mobs spawning.
Now at the
Mordremoth
fight, a part of the arena you fight in breaks off, and the rift you need to close spawns right in the air...

Can you do the misson with a group? I'm pretty tired to do this long-ass fights alone.

You can do it as a group, but I'm pretty sad to see it's still not fixed. I've been holding out on doing it for a while because I'm afraid of glitches.

Cathcart

Gotta love the "Dungeons" heading in the patch notes with nothing under it. Good one, Anet. You got me. I like dungeons, what a dummy!

explodet

Gotta love the "Dungeons" heading in the patch notes with nothing under it. Good one, Anet. You got me. I like dungeons, what a dummy!
I didn't even notice that when formatting it! Geez

I get the feeling dungeons were lower on the priority list compared to the gem shop, new maps, guild halls, gem shop, raids, WvW, gem shop...

Cathcart

I get the feeling dungeons were lower on the priority list compared to the gem shop, new maps, guild halls, gem shop, raids, WvW, gem shop...
...cleaning the garage, caulking the tub, calling mom just to say hi, alphabetizing receipts, bringing the car in to the dealer for a tune up, catching up with season 10 of Murder She Wrote, thumb twiddling, ripping tags off of mattresses, trying to fit donut holes back into matching donuts...

explodet

...cleaning the garage, caulking the tub, calling mom just to say hi, alphabetizing receipts, bringing the car in to the dealer for a tune up, catching up with season 10 of Murder She Wrote, thumb twiddling, ripping tags off of mattresses, trying to fit donut holes back into matching donuts...
... damn it, I actually do need to bring the car in for a tune up.

Funnily, I do need to redo dungeon stories to unlock PVP reward tracks - they don't count if you completed them before April 2014. I've been doing dailies for the pvp potions for guild hall expansions and the extra loot doesn't hurt.

Retro

Can I get a guild inv?
Just hit 80 but basically no clue what im doing and would like people to play with.
Too many Retros now.
Patch was at noon eastern :D
I swear they did that just to make me wrong.
So is GAF planning any raid attempts this evening or later this week? I know for the beta weekend there was some organization beforehand which went to waste due to all the bugs, but I was curious if anyone had planned anything since this thread seems awfully quiet regarding perhaps the biggest feature of the patch.
We're basically going to treat raids like dungeons; if people want to start them, they should just mention it in guild chat. There's no lock-out except for personal rewards so it shouldn't matter who you run with or how often. Like dungeons, inevitably people will form groups of friends they enjoy playing with, but in the past folks have been so open to bringing new people in / teaching content / sitting out if someone else wants to go that I'm not worried. Having experienced the Hardcore Raiding thing in the past, the last thing I want to fucking deal with are the headaches of a raid Roster and all the politics / backstabbing / whining and general drama that entails.
I want an invisible glider. Suddenly you just decide to float/fly *with the help of updrafts*
Especially Charr, they stick their arms out like Superman.
where do i sign up for these raids?
See above: no sign ups, just ask in guild chat. If that proves to be unsatisfactory for the guild as a whole we'll try to do something similar to the dungeon events, but we've been talking about it and we honestly want to avoid having an "Official Raiding Group" because that inevitably leads to the worst kind of drama. It's new, everyone wants to do it, let's see how things go before we start letting WoW-style drama seep in.

Especially Charr, they stick their arms out like Superman.

I took my only charr gliding in the guild hall the other day and burst out laughing as soon as I saw it. It seriously looks like what a real cat does when you pick them up

Best-Kitty-Hug-Ever.jpg

Also a bonus pic of my cat gliding upside down.

CT6DAj8WsAEwX2G.jpg

Fishious

We're basically going to treat raids like dungeons; if people want to start them, they should just mention it in guild chat. There's no lock-out except for personal rewards so it shouldn't matter who you run with or how often. Like dungeons, inevitably people will form groups of friends they enjoy playing with, but in the past folks have been so open to bringing new people in / teaching content / sitting out if someone else wants to go that I'm not worried. Having experienced the Hardcore Raiding thing in the past, the last thing I want to fucking deal with are the headaches of a raid Roster and all the politics / backstabbing / whining and general drama that entails.

Perfectly understandable. I figured GAF was going to keep it pretty casual and I wouldn't want it any other way. I guess I'll have to train myself to actually look at guild chat when I'm playing now. I have a bad habit of forgetting any chat exists half the time if I'm not actively reminding myself.

Retro

Perfectly understandable. I figured GAF was going to keep it pretty casual and I wouldn't want it any other way. I guess I'll have to train myself to actually look at guild chat when I'm playing now. I have a bad habit of forgetting any chat exists half the time if I'm not actively reminding myself.

Yep, we've always been laid back about stuff and that's not going to change with raiding. As with WvW, if people want a more 'hardcore' experience, they can multi-guild and join up with a raiding guild that's ultra-organized and focused on that content exclusively. We never have and never will have a representation policy and people are free to play with whoever they want.

If anyone is curious why we're taking such a casual approach, Ash and I both have some experience with leading WoW Raids, as does Jira and a few of the other officers. I can't speak for all of them, but the three of us hated leading raiding guilds, and that kind of drama was the main reason I didn't want to be a guild leader when GW2 launched. I hated having to sort through the politics and drama and backstabbing and sneakiness that happens when you have a large group of players but only a few can be included in something "official". It was the worst thing about having a guild in WoW and the reason I stopped raiding all together.

Everyone in GAFGuild is an adult and given how awesome everyone has been to this point my expectations for people suddenly losing their shit and starting drama is pretty low. Like I said above, it's only 10 people, which is just two dungeon groups. That's not a big deal and we're not going to treat it like one just because some gamers have a Pavlovian response to the word "raid" that suddenly turns them into selfish assholes.

Believe me, we've been discussing this at length since raids were announced; we're not going to have an official raid group that raids on an official raid night or anything like that and nobody is going to have to kiss ass and jockey for a spot at the table. People can sort out raids amongst themselves and if it ends up not working out maybe (MAYBE!) then we'll look at doing something a little more organized (again, in the same way we did dungeon events).

Honestly, I think we'll be fine.

Started the new Axe legendary, lol this is worst than throwing away money in the forge, one of the parts i need takes 13 days to get lol, it's fucking timegated...i rather make money and throw it into the forge than deal with this shit, I HATE TIME GATED FUCKERY..

Elfstruck

Started the new Axe legendary, lol this is worst than throwing away money in the forge, one of the parts i need takes 13 days to get lol, it's fucking timegated...i rather make money and throw it into the forge than deal with this shit, I HATE TIME GATED FUCKERY..

The bolt collection requires at least 30 deldrimor steel ingots for the 1st tier.

Retro

From Reddit:
ANET_McKenna
We made fixes to guild puzzles as well and they should be working correctly now. If they aren't, feel free to let me know so I can investigate further. (source)

There are still some bugs with rushes that we are still investigating. I am currently trying to get feedback on this thread because we are having some issues tracking down the bugs.

Whoever brings the best pizza.

That would work too, I could go for some pizza.

Anno

Little patch tonight won't let me patch afterwards =/

Yay now it works.

Also, cool to finally get rewards for the HoT maps. Also, oddly enough, from Southsun. That was unexpected.

Quenk

Apparently those DnT social media accounts are guild-wide so the actual gw2 players didn't make the offending posts. I don't know how accurate that is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom