• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Hearts and Mind remains buggy as fuck. I've done it on five characters, and haven't seen it not Glitch The Fuck Out in some way or another. Usually in the NPCs getting hung up on terrain or rifts not working. Just now the asshole mentor became active again after the rift wouldn't pop, but kept the complete damage immunity. I don't think I've ever completed this mission and not been pissed off after.

I'd rather fight Zhatian. It might be dull, but at least it works.

Anecdote: When I first did the last story mission the very night HoT was launching, I did it solo. So I meandered through reading everything, figuring things out, not dying but still taking an hour before the final scene.

And then the game crashed and I had to restart and do the entire mission over again.

Finally decided to join the llegion of revenants

GAF , this is Yu Tagachi
This is actually a cool looking Asura.

Retro

Gift of Tarir done, now all I have is Gift of the Chak.

Fuck Tangled Depths...

Tangled Depths is actually the highlight of the expansion for me, and I want more zones like it in the future. The problem is that the meta event is confusing, loaded with annoying enemies, spread way too far out and is way too buggy. Strip the meta out, replace everything with dynamic events specific to each region that occasionally overlap; the map would be less annoying because you're not trying to get somewhere to do something with a specific time limit, you'd just be doing the content right where you are.

Not saying it's perfect, but there's a reason it sucks hard and it's not entirely the map itself.

Tangled Depths is actually the highlight of the expansion for me, and I want more zones like it in the future. The problem is that the meta event is confusing, loaded with annoying enemies, spread way too far out and is way too buggy. Strip the meta out, replace everything with dynamic events specific to each region that occasionally overlap; the map would be less annoying because you're not trying to get somewhere to do something with a specific time limit, you'd just be doing the content right where you are.

Not saying it's perfect, but there's a reason it sucks hard and it's not entirely the map itself.

Auric Basin is probably my favorite zone of the expansion. Love the art style of the city, the music is great, and the meta event is actually a lot of fun compared to the other zones. Furthermore the layout is fairly simple too.

Retro

Auric Basin is probably my favorite zone of the expansion. Love the art style of the city, the music is great, and the meta event is actually a lot of fun compared to the other zones. Furthermore the layout is fairly simple too.

Yeah, of the four zones AB is my least-despised meta; it's self-contained and very clear what needs to happen where, so it's fairly enjoyable. It's just a shame that there's so much waiting and the entire zone has to stop and deal with it. The pylon events that happen around the map are alright once or twice, but after 5 or 6 times they're already stale (and they're so similar that just going to a different side of the map doesn't alleviate it). If the zone had regular DEs that fed the Meta like SW instead of the Meta just running on a schedule I think it'd be in a much better place.

I've been trying to avoid posting in the OT because I don't want to just be negative, but... I really don't see how they expect the game to keep going if they don't get Season 3 started pretty soon here. Massively seems to think it'll be freakin' JUNE, which is just... insane.

Yeah, of the four zones AB is my least-despised meta; it's self-contained and very clear what needs to happen where, so it's fairly enjoyable. It's just a shame that there's so much waiting and the entire zone has to stop and deal with it. The pylon events that happen around the map are alright once or twice, but after 5 or 6 times they're already stale (and they're so similar that just going to a different side of the map doesn't alleviate it). If the zone had regular DEs that fed the Meta like SW instead of the Meta just running on a schedule I think it'd be in a much better place.

I've been trying to avoid posting in the OT because I don't want to just be negative, but... I really don't see how they expect the game to keep going if they don't get Season 3 started pretty soon here. Massively seems to think it'll be freakin' JUNE, which is just... insane.

June?

Sounds like SAB will need to fill in the gap of our hearts.

Retro

June?

Sounds like SAB will need to fill in the gap of our hearts.

That's MassivelyOP's prediction. They seem to think the WvW Overhaul will come in Q1, and the next raid wing will be February and that's about it.

If that ends up being true, that's pretty much it, then. No way one raid keeps the PVE population satisfied, not when it's such a small percentage of the game's population overall.

I don't think SAB will help either, it wasn't well received last time and all the demand for it is just more vocal minority.

woooooo no more map comp.

ztCB4Lz.jpg

If LS3 is just adding more raid wings and no other story then ANET is really losing their way.

Bobby Stine who worked on LS1 and 2 said on the last stream that he was on that he didn't have anything to do with HoT story so I hope he has been working on LW season 3 in the background.

Hope we hear something tomorrow or latest next week.

nan0

Bobby Stine who worked on LS1 and 2 said on the last stream that he was on that he didn't have anything to do with HoT story so I hope he has been working on LW season 3 in the background.

Well, both the story and the DS meta are pretty conclusive on HoT story, not sure where they would pick up that.

But didn't Trahearne kinda said in one of the missions what the Pact considered next? (Not sure if spoiler, was mentioned at the beginning of HoTs storry IIRC:
The wanted to go after Kralkatorrik, until Mordy appeared.
)

I don't want any more content until they FIX BUGS FUCKINGS IN THIS GAME...

Another hour wasted, DS map closes because the system bug, this is the 4th time bug has wasted my time, 2 DS closure, 1 AB, and 1 TD...FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME CUNTS...

OK I love this game but it's a mess since HoT dropped. I just got kicked out of a DS that was 1h 10min into the meta, the map closed even though it was full. They took away dungeons for fractals and this? Complete and utter garbage.

Most of how I find things to do these days are checking LFG for open world shit but it's always 3/4 LFRs or misplaced fractal ads. No word from anet on whether they'll make a raid tab or not. They really need to. They designed it to be too hard for pugs, but pugs are coming together and beating it, so they need to get over it.

arimanius

Yeah, it's a real shame but to be frank WvW has been in a not so good state since the game came out. As you said, it's greatest strength is how amazingly ambitious it is. The thing is that they need to effectively rework the entire concept to make people want to protect and hang out in their own captured keeps.
What made DAOC special was that it was a landmark news when a faction captured a difficult or hard to get castle. It was server outcry. It could take months for a faction to either push through.

One has to remember that the developers of DAOC also sort of killed their own game with the Atlantis expansion. I think a lot of people would still be playing if it wasn't for that.

You might want to take a pass at ESO- MMORPG.com named it the best MMO this year, the most improved MMO this year and cites that the content packs it got are amazing.
ESO supposedly has really good RvR similar to DAOC and GW2, but if its better than GW2 I cannot say.
I've never played ESO but would like to try it. I hated Oblivion but liked Skyrim so I am not the biggest elder scrolls fan or fan of the universe.

Yeah one reason why I quit playing. I was hoping it would of gotten better the last year.

Thanks for the tip. I checked out ESO when it launched on the PC but it was in rough shape. I'll have to take another look at it.

Finally got my Plated Dagger today thanks to a DS that was well organized. Now I can look forward to never making my Machined Dagger because I'll never get that handle from a pod.

Hedge

I'm having a spot of trouble with grinding XP in the jungle for my masteries. My connection is terrible, so I can't do all the meta events anyway, which basically kills any real good XP farming. Are there any areas on the maps where there is a good density of mobs I can grind for XP, without them killing me as soon as they look my way?

Just finished all my Maguuma masteries (had to for crafting the legendary). It was pretty annoying at the end. Main reason was the adventures; you have to get at least a silver to get a point from it. I got gold on a few, but the majority I had silver. There was one I couldn’t even do and gave up (A Fungus Among Us). I had fun with some of them and I think Anet is on the right track with them. However, some are just frustrating (Fungus and Shooting Gallery) and I think the requirement should be lowered for a few.

Now more than ever I feel the pain of the timegate. Building two ascended Viper pistols and having to wait to craft the steel and wood is a pain. The fact that I can buy it instead makes it seem like a mobile game with an 'energy meter' or something like that.

Guess I'm about two years late on this, though.

Thorgal

Now more than ever I feel the pain of the timegate. Building two ascended Viper pistols and having to wait to craft the steel and wood is a pain. The fact that I can buy it instead makes it seem like a mobile game with an 'energy meter' or something like that.

it would be like a mobile game if anet added a button labeled " pay 20 gems to remove the timer ".

while i agree it is very anoying i can understand why they use it .

leng jai

Time gating was always lame but at least there was sort of a reason for it at the beginning when ascended armour first came out. Now the only thing it does is annoy everyone.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey guys, I'm out with my family and can't make it to missions tonight. I will keep my eyes on this thread and if it doesn't look like any officers are around, I can log in through my phone and at least kick a few off. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I will be around to lead make-ups tomorrow afternoon.

I hope everybody is off to an excellent new year!

Hey guys, I'm out with my family and can't make it to missions tonight. I will keep my eyes on this thread and if it doesn't look like any officers are around, I can log in through my phone and at least kick a few off. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I will be around to lead make-ups tomorrow afternoon.

I hope everybody is off to an excellent new year!

I'll be on and I'm sure a few other officers will be as well, no worries Hawk :>

Retro

I won't be able to make it either, I've had a really rough week.

To make a long story short, since Heart of Thorns has kind of been a let down, I've started up some of my older, non-gaming hobbies, namely collecting exotic animals. Nothing too big, but we did get a pair of lion cubs (surprisingly, not illegal) that sleep near the front door (we can't move them, they were captured from the wild so they tend to be unmanageable. Meg surprised me with two porpoises for Christmas, which is freakin' amazing of her, except that it's illegal to keep them as pets, so we've had to be super careful the neighbors don't see them in our pool.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I got a check from my in-laws and decided I'd like to stick with the nautical theme and get a few seagulls to keep around the porpoises, and as luck would have it someone down state was actually selling a couple newly-hatched sea gull chicks. I drove down to pick them up on New Years Day and they're freakin' awesome.I get home with the baby sea gulls, start to head inside and realize the damn lion cubs are going to be right there sleeping on the threshold.

To make a long story short, I'm carefully opening the door and stepping over the cubs when out of no where the FBI shows up and arrests me for transporting underage gulls across sedate lions for illegal porpoises.

I'm just fuckin' with ya, the only pet we own is a shaggy dog and I'll be on for missions.

hythloday

^^^^ what.

So, I told Retro to spoil the HoT story for me, since I don't think I'll be playing GW2 again anytime soon (I'm just not that into gaming in general these days). Then I went and watched some cinematics.

Am I the only one who thinks the art execution is a little batty and inconsistent?

Eir's face being changed for reasons. That's totally not her face, even if it's a little banged up. It's like teenage Eir from the past got killed.

The big plant demon thing Rytlock was facing in the trailer was apparently... nowhere in the game? Unless Mordremoth can change forms all the time.

Mouth of Mordremoth looks cool, but looks nothing at all like the dragon in the original teaser. Nothing looks like the dragon mouth in the original teaser.

Avatar of Mordremoth looks like Rocksteady from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.Not altogether a bad thing, but I kinda wanted to poke his big dragon belly.

And sonofabitch,
having to kill Trahearne is either the worst or best case of fanservice I've ever seen. Because on one hand, he kind of steals your thunder in Orr so I'm sure it was a wink to players who hated him, but on the other, he's kind of stealing Mordremoth's thunder here, getting himself corrupted and being a thing you need to kill so Trahearne's gonna Trahearne I guess.

I really hate to pile on all the earlier criticism, but geez louise these stood out to me like a sore thumb.

Ashodin

To make a long story short, since Heart of Thorns has kind of been a let down, I've started up some of my older, non-gaming hobbies, namely collecting exotic animals. Nothing too big, but we did get a pair of lion cubs (surprisingly, not illegal) that sleep near the front door (we can't move them, they were captured from the wild so they tend to be unmanageable. Meg surprised me with two porpoises for Christmas, which is freakin' amazing of her, except that it's illegal to keep them as pets, so we've had to be super careful the neighbors don't see them in our pool.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I got a check from my in-laws and decided I'd like to stick with the nautical theme and get a few seagulls to keep around the porpoises, and as luck would have it someone down state was actually selling a couple newly-hatched sea gull chicks. I drove down to pick them up on New Years Day and they're freakin' awesome.I get home with the baby sea gulls, start to head inside and realize the damn lion cubs are going to be right there sleeping on the threshold.

To make a long story short, I'm carefully opening the door and stepping over the cubs when out of no where the FBI shows up and arrests me for transporting underage gulls across sedate lions for illegal porpoises.

I'm just fuckin' with ya, the only pet we own is a shaggy dog and I'll be on for missions.
3.gif

Of course I knew where this was going but I read the whole thing anyway.

I read it once and I think I smelled sulfur or something

Anyway good job officers!

hythloday: I like
Trahearne.
They will be missed.

^^^^ what.

So, I told Retro to spoil the HoT story for me, since I don't think I'll be playing GW2 again anytime soon (I'm just not that into gaming in general these days). Then I went and watched some cinematics.

Am I the only one who thinks the art execution is a little batty and inconsistent?

Eir's face being changed for reasons. That's totally not her face, even if it's a little banged up. It's like teenage Eir from the past got killed.

The big plant demon thing Rytlock was facing in the trailer was apparently... nowhere in the game? Unless Mordremoth can change forms all the time.

Mouth of Mordremoth looks cool, but looks nothing at all like the dragon in the original teaser. Nothing looks like the dragon mouth in the original teaser.

Avatar of Mordremoth looks like Rocksteady from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.Not altogether a bad thing, but I kinda wanted to poke his big dragon belly.

And sonofabitch,
having to kill Trahearne is either the worst or best case of fanservice I've ever seen. Because on one hand, he kind of steals your thunder in Orr so I'm sure it was a wink to players who hated him, but on the other, he's kind of stealing Mordremoth's thunder here, getting himself corrupted and being a thing you need to kill so Trahearne's gonna Trahearne I guess.

I really hate to pile on all the earlier criticism, but geez louise these stood out to me like a sore thumb.
See you @ Guild Missions.

Wanderer5

tumblr_m1ihyswkKK1rnx19co1_400.gif

leng jai

I love how Hawkian just comes in to froth about his social life since he knows there's probably going to be 5 officers on anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom