• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataku

I don't get it? It's wrong he had a strike in his account, but the rest was ANet protecting the game. You got gold from a RMT, so you got ill gained gold. The items are being used regularly by RMT's, so they want them out of the economy to be safe. Sounds exactly like what the police would do. And he was never suspended.

He sold his items and had the gold taken from him. It's fine for ANet to remove the gold, but give him his items back + the TP fees. That should be automatic. It wasn't. They were just going to take the gold AND not give him his items back. He was almost out several hundred gold through no fault of his own.

They finally gave him his items back after a lot of complaining (and that reddit post), but the fact that it's not something that is automatic in cases like this is really worrying. To be honest, if he hadn't made that post on reddit I'm not sure he ever would have gotten the items back.

Proven

I guess the confusion I have is that the items have almost no value, which is why they were targeted by RMTs in the first place. He ended up with more gold than before so he did get compensation too.

Dark Harvest...

gw091zfyu4.jpg

gw092qwsf8.jpg

Hedge

The "world full" error alone has been killing my enjoyment of fractals. 1/3 times I have to leave the party and try again with another group, because the error is keeping me out of fractals. In the end I just gave up. Not worth it.

This is pretty stupid; I can’t continue my Astralaria because of one event. I need the Magnification Lens and Ancient Planetarium Slide; both you get from the Promenade of the Gods event in Cursed Shore, problem is this rarely happens. On most maps Promenade of the Gods is always opened because most people do the defend event for the loot. So I’m pretty much stuck on progression. Only hope I have is just keep trying different CS and hopefully one day I get a map that has the event running.

Edit: Or I wait until right after a patch. Don't maps/events get reset after a patch?

This is pretty stupid; I can’t continue my Astralaria because of one event. I need the Magnification Lens and Ancient Planetarium Slide; both you get from the Promenade of the Gods event in Cursed Shore, problem is this rarely happens. On most maps Promenade of the Gods is always opened because most people do the defend event for the loot. So I’m pretty much stuck on progression. Only hope I have is just keep trying different CS and hopefully one day I get a map that has the event running.

Edit: Or I wait until right after a patch. Don't maps/events get reset after a patch?

I killed Dwayna on a new megeserver map with 8 people, then i went to CS and the starter event for assault on Arah was starting up, I was so damn lucky, this part is important when you finally get the event to restart, when you reach the part with the Eye, put damage into him, because you don't have to kill him for the event to end, just need to clear out the undead, some guy who was doing it with me didn't put an damage on the Eye and didn't get the reward because people ignored Eye and cleared the undead..

I killed Dwayna on a new megeserver map with 8 people, then i went to CS and the starter event for assault on Arah was starting up, I was so damn lucky, this part is important when you finally get the event to restart, when you reach the part with the Eye, put damage into him, because you don't have to kill him for the event to end, just need to clear out the undead, some guy who was doing it with me didn't put an damage on the Eye and didn't get the reward because people ignored Eye and cleared the undead..

Yeah, I got Dwayna pretty easily. I was just looking through the collection and I was like hmm I have to do Dwayna, let me see if it is up. Ported to Malchor's Leap and it was running lol. This on the other hand is just a straight up pain.

It does give me time to think though. Do I really want to craft Astralaria? I main Guard and they don’t even use axe. The other two classes I play a lot are Rev and War. Rev only has axe as an offhand and War is pretty bad atm (pvp/wvw), hopefully its better after the balance patch. So I’m actually just thinking about waiting to see what the next legendaries are instead of blowing all my gifts on Astralaria.

Hedge

Regarding Astralaria:

Astralaria IV—Magnification Lens: This collectible can be earned from the “Ensure that the Pact holds the Gates of Arah” event at the Narthex.

From the 12th of January patch notes. I was lucky and got both the CS drops from the same event by accident.

Regarding Astralaria:

From the 12th of January patch notes. I was lucky and got both the CS drops from the same event by accident.

Oh cool, so I can just do the defend event and still get what I need. I know the Risen High Wizard shows up during the defend event. I'll try it out later today.

All done with the collection! I got lucky with the Arah event, I had one of my toons parked at the gates and when I logged in the event was happening. The Celestial Cartographer's Gear part wasn’t that bad at all. I finished most of it in a single night cycle, after that I just put the gear in my account bound bag slot and I was able just to park my toons at the last few I needed.

I’m still not done with Astralaria though. Still need to grind some of the HoT map currency to finish some of the gifts and I also still need 120 Ley Line Sparks. But this shouldn’t take me too long, maybe a week or so. Overall the hardest part is done and it’s now just clear sailing.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy shit, redeeming a physical gem code for this game was a NIGHTMARE. There were multiple S's and 5's in the same string and they look IDENTICAL. I had to try a combination of both in order to get it to register. Also the website says it requires 25 characters and the code card has a 5-digit serial code as well as a 20-digit code code and I wasn't sure if the in-game gem store wanted the full 25 or the 20, so I had to try both, along with all the 5's and S's I had to try. Just took me 15 actual minutes of typing in codes before I finally got it to register. I was sure I was going to have to contact support.

Emitan

trying to make Bo for my daredevil and i'm doing map completion
missing one poi, googling shows me its in the canopy
now i have to wait around for an hour more or less for the pact choppers to appear

FUN

edit: bonus thief fun
qdyHXQh.png

edit 2: yep it took nearly an hour

nan0

trying to make Bo for my daredevil and i'm doing map completion
missing one poi, googling shows me its in the canopy
now i have to wait around for an hour more or less for the pact choppers to appear

FUN

edit: bonus thief fun
qdyHXQh.png

edit 2: yep it took nearly an hour

You can get to the canopy without the choppers, e.g. via the updrafts outside of the Lost Precipice instance.

God I still need a truckload of XP for my Astralaria. :(

I never really had a problem with xp. A majority of it came while I was trying to get all the different mats and currency, so I never really thought about it. Plus there are a lot of ways to gain xp bonuses. For me the biggest obstacle was getting all the mastery points required, this probably took up the most amount of time for me. However, it’s account bound so you only have to do it once then you’re all set if you plan on making future legendaries.

Hedge

I never really had a problem with xp. A majority of it came while I was trying to get all the different mats and currency, so I never really thought about it. Plus there are a lot of ways to gain xp bonuses. For me the biggest obstacle was getting all the mastery points required, this probably took up the most amount of time for me. However, it’s account bound so you only have to do it once then you’re all set if you plan on making future legendaries.

I dislike the new maps, so I'm not playing in HoT as much as I should. I much prefer the old maps, so I have to force myself in there to do meta events.
For now I've put a pin in it, and I'm hoping LS3 introduces some non-meta event maps so I can get XP there.

Emitan

OMG I just did the raid for the first time and I LOVED IT. We beat Vale Guardian and the wall chasing thing and it was great. I was feeling really down on daredevil and thief in general but I felt like it finally clicked. Hitting 40k Vaults is pretty great :)

Tech-Wolf

OMG I just did the raid for the first time and I LOVED IT. We beat Vale Guardian and the wall chasing thing and it was great. I was feeling really down on daredevil and thief in general but I felt like it finally clicked. Hitting 40k Vaults is pretty great :)

That charr mesmer was godawful, I dunno why they brought it.Don't get me starting on that ledge fail he did for wall.

Mesmer is weird, I never knew where to position myself, I swaped to GS sw/f and was pretty much running between melee and green team. Note that i'm new-ish to mesmer

That charr mesmer was godawful, I dunno why they brought it.Don't get me starting on that ledge fail he did for wall.

Mesmer is weird, I never knew where to position myself, I swaped to GS sw/f and was pretty much running between melee and green team. Note that i'm new-ish to mesmer

Mesmer has one job on VG (besides sending everyone green numbers), and that's basically Sword 11111111111 on the blue split guardian.

You were fine :3 Maybe get gear that isn't level 45 though if you were serious lol

If I am chrono and not tanking, I still take sword/shield and either focus or GS in the other set depending on whether I'm doing green circles or not. Only use the focus pull for seeker control, don't make a warden, the shield phantasm is better.

Make a bunch of shield phantasms. This is like 90% of your job as a chrono. If you can, try to time it so you can successfully block something so you can cast another one. (Works on magnetic aura, VG autoattack, and blue on the ground, but not floor lava) The avengers will provide 2 seconds of alacrity to your party every ~8 seconds each and you should be taking the trait where wells provide alacrity on expiry, that's just about 100% alacrity uptime for your party assuming they're in your wells. Use your shield 5 for the break bar. If you're in first phase still use it off CD for the quickness, but otherwise save it for breaking.

When you have Continuum Shift off CD, make sure you have 3 illusions out to max the duration. Start casting Time Warp and switch F5 on in the middle of the cast, then crap out all your wells and your Signet of Inspiration and your shield 5. Then cast your wells and signet again but save Time Warp for the next time you have Continuum Shift up. (The CD for F5 is lower than Time Warp's, so you're effectively reducing its cooldown.)

Yayyy I'm so glad you had fun. We could use a bit of positivity in here.

Was doing a lvl 21 fractal the other night when someone in party says "thief, why you using toughness gear?" We completed the fractal, then I find myself booted from the party.

The next day, a pug I'm in has some hiccups in the 22 fractal, then breaks up after success. I join another fractal later, only to find the leader from that 22 fractal badmouthing the "awful" group he just left.

People in this game can be jerks.

Hedge

This is the reason I stay away from group content. People rage and yell like kids and it's just awful.
I never encountered it pre-HoT, but suddenly I see these jerks everywhere in the open world too. Calling people retards and various insults, because some new player completed an event that another wanted to fail. Or screaming at the map because a tower is taking longer in DS. It's incredibly off-putting.
I'm not sure what changed, or if I was just lucky not to encounter it before.

Was doing a lvl 21 fractal the other night when someone in party says "thief, why you using toughness gear?" We completed the fractal, then I find myself booted from the party.

The next day, a pug I'm in has some hiccups in the 22 fractal, then breaks up after success. I join another fractal later, only to find the leader from that 22 fractal badmouthing the "awful" group he just left.

Zerker mentality is very rampant in the lower tiers, also i think Fractal is filled with more scumbags than dungeons....bring back dungeon gold you cunts..

Proven

Some quick predictions:

Based on the bits we saw on the livestream last Friday, Thief Acrobatics is going to become about regen. Health regen, endurance regen, and initiative regen. While Stealth spec will be about spike avoidance and recovery, Acrobatics will be full on sustain. They were already playing around with this in the last two patches, but it looks like it's going to be where they go for sure after the fact they took away its heavy dodge focus. Daredevil will differentiate itself by providing hard returns for investment and encouraging more active skill usage. Acrobatics will probably still need buffs, (if it could get initiative regen that makes it overall superior to what Trickery provides, it would be best), but I'll use it no matter what.

Warrior Axe was the weapon with the least utility, and it looks like they aren't changing it much. Warrior will get sustain buffs, and they will matter, but Warriors will likely be nowhere near the top tier in PvP. Axe buffs might increase its DPS enough that with Strength + Berserker it has a decent power damage spec for raids, which is great for the overall health of the game, but most people won't care. They still need to do something solid about Fast Hands dependency and it's irritating that while the changes to Rifle help that, but Rifle is still a weapon that benefits from multiple traits in Discipline.

Elementalist and Mesmer may not be bottom tier in PvP but will be treated that way regardless until one of the top teams does decently well in a tournament with one. Mesmer may actually get some other buffs to avoid the stigma, but people will continue to say that Ele is impossible without Healing Power + Toughness + Vitality. I don't enjoy Ele enough to bother proving them wrong.

Speaking of new Amulets, one interesting thing they did by lowering the amount of Toughness and Vitality going around is make the base health and armor values of each of the classes matter much more. This also means that amulet valuations are going to be even more diverse among each of the classes than before.

Necro might grudgingly reach top tier in PvP but everyone will still hate them and most people and teams will shy away from them. Necros were the only effective bullet in the current meta and only Abjured took proper advantage of that throughout the entire PvP League.

Engineer and Guardian will stay about the same. They both have all the tools they need to stay afloat, although they don't have every possible tool the players themselves would want.

Revenant is in an interesting position, and I wish I played the class more. There's a decent chance that the next metagame will revolve around Thief, Necro, and Revenant. They'll likely get knocked down a peg, but they still will likely be everywhere. And they do provide an effective condition build snugly fit in-between the spectrum of Necro to Engineer.

Ranger is the wild card. If nothing major happens to them, they'll end up like Engineer and Guardian. Unlike those two, I feel like the Ranger meta has barely evolved because Druid isn't liked much or something. There are a wild amount of builds I've fought against since Druid inclusion, but nothing standout. It will likely get some tweaks in different places that help further its personal meta.

Hedge

Grats on Astralaria!
I need about 600g to buy up amalgemated gemstones still. 2250 orbs for those stones is just insane. :/

Mxrz

I did not see anything on the stream that looked like a significant nerf to tempest? Diamond skin still passive immunity, massive regen, air overload, etc.

Finished mapping HoT. DS isn't as bad as it first seems, but ended up doing wvw instead of doing the entire meta again for one hero point. WvW has proved refreshing, and the new map is amazing. . . there just aren't enough players on it. Having a 1v1 on a set of narrow steps was pretty exhilarating. I'd love to see spvp maps with verticality. But WvW really lacks that pick up and play element. If I could pop in with 25 minutes, and get straight to some action, I'd rarely do anything else.

Grats on Astralaria!
I need about 600g to buy up amalgemated gemstones still. 2250 orbs for those stones is just insane. :/

Yeah the Amalgamated Gemstones are pretty ridiculous atm.

Also another fun fact I learned today. If you put all four Wings of Glory into the forge, you get the Wings of Ascension! I'm stupid, I was running around with the Elite version this whole time! Ascension version is even bigger and shinier, plus it's ascended stats if you need them.

Proven

I did not see anything on the stream that looked like a significant nerf to tempest? Diamond skin still passive immunity, massive regen, air overload, etc.

Finished mapping HoT. DS isn't as bad as it first seems, but ended up doing wvw instead of doing the entire meta again for one hero point. WvW has proved refreshing, and the new map is amazing. . . there just aren't enough players on it. Having a 1v1 on a set of narrow steps was pretty exhilarating. I'd love to see spvp maps with verticality. But WvW really lacks that pick up and play element. If I could pop in with 25 minutes, and get straight to some action, I'd rarely do anything else.

The only classes really getting substantial nerfs are Mesmer, and PvP Elementalist (Cele Amulet removal), and even then they're not so entirely crazy that I think anyone should feel like the sky is falling. I wish someone would do some math on how Alacrity nerf effects rotations; all I've read thus far is that because of the math behind how Alacrity works it's technically less than a 50% nerf, and they may even make changes to uptime to compensate. Everything else shown points to providing more boon hate to the meta (Necro corrupts), slight nerfs here and there (e.g. Revenant Hammer #2 double cooldown, Scrapper cooldown increases), and what they feel are substantial buffs to Warrior/Berserker and Thief to help bring them up to mid tier in PvP.

And yeah, new WvW maps are pretty cool. But considering your complaint and a similar things I've heard with Desert Borderlands and Edge of the Mists, WvW may be better served as a much more straightforward approach for most players.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
After spending some time in WvW getting used to using traps, I just did my first PVP match as a Dragon Hunter and got 9 kills which I'm pretty sure is more kills than I got in every other PVP match I've played in combined. Was top of the leaderboard for the first time too.

edit: oh question, when you use /map chat in a PVP map does it broadcast to both teams? If so, what's the chat command to only talk to your team?

Quenk

After spending some time in WvW getting used to using traps, I just did my first PVP match as a Dragon Hunter and got 9 kills which I'm pretty sure is more kills than I got in every other PVP match I've played in combined. Was top of the leaderboard for the first time too.

edit: oh question, when you use /map chat in a PVP map does it broadcast to both teams? If so, what's the chat command to only talk to your team?

Yes. /map broadcasts to both teams. You want to use /team or /t for just chatting with your team.

Zeroth

Hey all, just wanted to give a PSA: We have enabled Guild Missions to be started by any guild member. We originally had them locked because people would start them early on mission days, but this way, our members can run easy guild missions when they feel like to earn credit and rewards.

We'll still do missions as normal, but we have been giving serious consideration to making guild missions only be for long missions that need people, leaving the small ones (single target bounty, treks, etc) for people to do over the week. What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom