• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since leagues are done and I also finished Astralaria, guess I'll work on my Berserker specialization. I already have full ascend Viper gear, so it seems like the most logical choice. Plus hopefully War will be decent after the patch, so I can play it in pvp again.

Wanderer5

gw2-branded-backpack.jpg

Meh, kind of surprise that they didn't go with a two wings setup heh.

nataku

Glad they didn't. The wings are always tacky looking. Though most back items are, I guess.

Each profession has had their default ground-target decal interchanged with a new profession-specific decal.

Tested this out - it's not working, at least on my Rev and Mesmer. Unless it's something else entirely.

Clearos

This is the perfect time for metabattle to put the most useless builds into the "Meta" category and see how many people live and die by them.

I'm happy for the gale changes on ele.

Hedge

So the Brewmaster collection. It's literally just logging in to a main city once a month to get a new brew? That's it?

Proven

Ether Clone: This skill no longer generates a clone if the player has the max number of illusions. It instead applies 2 stacks of torment for 5 seconds.

Yeah, okay, that could make Malicious Sorcery worth taking right there.

The Berserker changes seem aimed at making a bunch of cool combos. And a bunch of weapons got the minor cooldown reductions that Shield for Warrior and Guardisn got 3 months ago. Whether or not it's all enough is another question entirely...

Discovered a kool bug in 2 mins of play lol, the Jump pads at Shatterer, just before you land hit the glide button, your glider will remain out, don't run or walk for 20secs and that will bug it for a while, if you are hit with swiftness from someone it will go away the second you run full speed, took some pics will post after i eat..you also get the gliding trails while walking lol

Morokh

Gliding in core tyria is sooo annoying in so many places !

Jump from the bank stairs in LA -> Glider opens !
Jump to get to the Potato patch in Metrica Province - Glider opens at every platform !
Jump over even the tiniest bump in terrain -> Glider opens !

fix this shit ! D:

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gliding in core tyria is sooo annoying in so many places !

Jump from the bank stairs in LA -> Glider opens !
Jump to get to the Potato patch in Metrica Province - Glider opens at every platform !
Jump over even the tiniest bump in terrain -> Glider opens !

fix this shit ! D:
Wait what? Why would it ever open if you don't hold the button?

Morokh

Wait what? Why would it ever open if you don't hold the button?

Might have to do with them having fixed lag issues with gliding in the last patch, and me not really having used it since then.

Seems way too sensitive to me right now, if I more than just very lightly give a quick tap to my spacebar the glider opens and it's driving me nuts !

So that I'm not going solely off of the hotheads on the offical forum, is there a rational person here that plays Rev that can say if this patch more or less ruined them or not? I have to admit, sure seems like they did. 100 percent nerfs with no fixes for the myriad of problems including a few legends but most importantly, I'm concerned how viable they will be after having the auto nerfed. With boons taking up so much of our energy, what the heck are we supposed to attack with that won't cause the energy to go poof in two seconds? How are we ever supposed to benefit off of Impossible Odds? It just seems like there will not be a reasonable way to manage energy and our class doesn't work without the auto being strong. If you want to nerf the auto, you have to find a way to allow us to use more of the weapon skills without tapping out in 2 seconds. They did not adjust energy in any way nor the cost of the weapon skills so.... That all said, I'm talking off what it looks like on paper so someone that's actually played it, I'd appreciate your view. It's especially a bummer because I was just starting to try out the Raid and now I'm concerned my character won't be able to hack it.

Zeroth

So that I'm not going solely off of the hotheads on the offical forum, is there a rational person here that plays Rev that can say if this patch more or less ruined them or not? I have to admit, sure seems like they did. 100 percent nerfs with no fixes for the myriad of problems including a few legends but most importantly, I'm concerned how viable they will be after having the auto nerfed. With boons taking up so much of our energy, what the heck are we supposed to attack with that won't cause the energy to go poof in two seconds? How are we ever supposed to benefit off of Impossible Odds? It just seems like there will not be a reasonable way to manage energy and our class doesn't work without the auto being strong. If you want to nerf the auto, you have to find a way to allow us to use more of the weapon skills without tapping out in 2 seconds. They did not adjust energy in any way nor the cost of the weapon skills so.... That all said, I'm talking off what it looks like on paper so someone that's actually played it, I'd appreciate your view. It's especially a bummer because I was just starting to try out the Raid and now I'm concerned my character won't be able to hack it.

The nerfs are bothersome but won't change much what Revenant does at raids anyway, so you are not being gimped. I expect Revenant's DPS to still be high, so don't worry too much over it. Furthermore, if the nerfs prove to be too much, they'll be changed. For now, just play normally, this won't make or break the class. At best, I expect that Revenant will no longer be the "stack this class for faceroll DPS", but still valued for what it brings.

Proven

For comparison's sake, half of the profession forums are saying that they're useless now, and the half that aren't are saying that they were already useless and haven't been made any better.

The forums also always talks in hyperbole. If the profession isn't the best in the game at something, it's useless.

Quenk

If you're just starting to try out the raid, you shouldn't worry about dps yet. Revenant is still great at providing buffs and their damage is probably pretty good. Focus more on learning the mechanics of the fight and if you find that you're consistently hitting the enrage timer, then start looking into improving your dps. It might not even be switching classes. Having good stats for your weapons and armor, runes, sigils, and even the best food you can get would help.

I'm pretty happy; War is pretty decent in pvp again, played around 15 matches. I tried the old gs and a/s build with Paladin and it works amazing. I also tried some condi zeker with mercenary and it works well for the most part. Despite all the complaining on the forum, War is a lot better now.

Quenk

I'm pretty happy; War is pretty decent in pvp again, played around 15 matches. I tried the old gs and a/s build with Paladin and it works amazing. I also tried some condi zeker with mercenary and it works well for the most part. Despite all the complaining on the forum, War is a lot better now.

I haven't actually checked the forums but I assumed any complaining about warriors would be about burnzerkers in PvE.

On an unrelated note, it looks like the staff damage buffs for thief didn't make it into the game. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon.

The nerfs are bothersome but won't change much what Revenant does at raids anyway, so you are not being gimped. I expect Revenant's DPS to still be high, so don't worry too much over it. Furthermore, if the nerfs prove to be too much, they'll be changed. For now, just play normally, this won't make or break the class. At best, I expect that Revenant will no longer be the "stack this class for faceroll DPS", but still valued for what it brings.
Of course boons are always a big part of what Rev brings to the table but wasn't their primary role in the Raid DPS? Hopefully you're right but the auto was a huge part of what allowed us to have solid dps so I'm concerned. Was curious if anyone had tested playing against strong opponents yet but it'd be great if the nerf isn't as bad as I fear it is.
For comparison's sake, half of the profession forums are saying that they're useless now, and the half that aren't are saying that they were already useless and haven't been made any better.

The forums also always talks in hyperbole. If the profession isn't the best in the game at something, it's useless.
Well yeah, that's why I'm asking for perspectives here. The main forum is always hyperbole. I wasn't concerned because they are upset, I'm concerned because they nerfed what has been a primary fundamental for the class.
If you're just starting to try out the raid, you shouldn't worry about dps yet. Revenant is still great at providing buffs and their damage is probably pretty good. Focus more on learning the mechanics of the fight and if you find that you're consistently hitting the enrage timer, then start looking into improving your dps. It might not even be switching classes. Having good stats for your weapons and armor, runes, sigils, and even the best food you can get would help.
I know that stuff is what matters most, I'm just wondering how much this hurt the Rev's viability beyond boons. I guess I should try fighting stuff in a lvl 80 zone and see how it feels but was hoping some Revs here already tested things out.

Zeroth

Of course boons are always a big part of what Rev brings to the table but wasn't their primary role in the Raid DPS? Hopefully you're right but the auto was a huge part of what allowed us to have solid dps so I'm concerned. Was curious if anyone had tested playing against strong opponents yet but it'd be great if the nerf isn't as bad as I fear it is.

Well yeah, that's why I'm asking for perspectives here. The main forum is always hyperbole. I wasn't concerned because they are upset, I'm concerned because they nerfed what has been a primary fundamental for the class.

I know that stuff is what matters most, I'm just wondering how much this hurt the Rev's viability beyond boons. I guess I should try fighting stuff in a lvl 80 zone and see how it feels but was hoping some Revs here already tested things out.

Sincerely, Revenant is fine. Sword 2 is a great increment to DPS, so the only big thing is that rotations will now favor using 2 when it's not on CD. I've talked to the guy behind a lot of the class balance changes (including the original revenant sword buffs) and he assured me revenant will be fine even with the nerf to AA damage.

I mean, seriously, there are classes with lower DPS output than rev but that would still go to raids and be as welcomed as any other. The only scenario where a revenant could potentially be kicked from a raid due to these changes is on a world first guild. If you are not in one, don't worry.

Sincerely, Revenant is fine. Sword 2 is a great increment to DPS, so the only big thing is that rotations will now favor using 2 when it's not on CD. I've talked to the guy behind a lot of the class balance changes (including the original revenant sword buffs) and he assured me revenant will be fine even with the nerf to AA damage.

I mean, seriously, there are classes with lower DPS output than rev but that would still go to raids and be as welcomed as any other. The only scenario where a revenant could potentially be kicked from a raid due to these changes is on a world first guild. If you are not in one, don't worry.

Appreciate your time in responding, hopefully I didn't come off too whiny and the sky is falling in my other posts haha I just wanted more perspectives and reassurance from guys that really know this game. That's pretty neat you were able to talk with the guy behind the changes.

Most classes have less DPS than Revs I believe but the reason I was concerend is because that's primarily what Revs bring to the table with boons being secondary. Rangers can bring awesome healing, Mes amazing support, Eles every damn thing ;p

Anyway, I trust and value your opinion so I won't panic just yet ;)

Proven

So now some WvW players are complaining about the dolyak change. For those that don't know, it takes 140 dolyaks to upgrade any structure (camps, towers, keeps, stonemist) to Tier 3. So now, it can take up to 12 hours for dolyaks to upgrade a keep in Eternal Battlegrounds. It also means that towers and keeps are more likely to upgrade to T3 before camps do, as they have multiple dolyak sources and camps are easier to flip. People feel like ANet put no thought into this change and that it's a terrible change.

Personally, I think it's genius.

Think about it this way. In the old system, people complained that it was too easy to upgrade buildings overnight. To the point where some people clamored for the need for there to be a person to press a button to start an upgrade. A "human element," as it was often called. But the real issue is that if your server is the last one on for the night, you upgrade to T3 long before anyone is awake on the other servers.

Now, that happens much more rarely. With random roamers playing overnight, plus the small groups of people that play in the day hours (like me, at times), they can keep a structure from upgrading to T3. Possibly throughout the entire day. This also means that any scribe upgrades you make for those structures gain more value and are better balanced for their strength, as they're harder to even use (and you'll want to keep your keep if it takes that long to upgrade to T3). Even camps are now easier to flip on average for roamers, as they'll rarely be above T1 even.

It's... it's beautiful, really. They did a number of favors with this change.

To summarize, camps are easier to flip, it takes longer to upgrade things overnight, less Stonemist Airship defense, and if you really want to speed up upgrades you can use Tactics to speed up or increase delivery but it requires a human to refresh. Longer upgrades justifies higher tier structures being harder to flip, and the power of the Tactics and Improvements you can craft for them. I seriously might get into scribing... down the road... when it's cheaper...

I added more Mugs last night. Those Kegs though...
Oh, shit, I haven't been adding kegs in a while. Let me get on that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom