• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Oh, shit, I haven't been adding kegs in a while. Let me get on that!
I can't remember who it was that mentioned it, but we need to get pass the Tavern (?) upgrade before we can move onto upgrading other Guild things.

I'll make some Kegs later.

Proven

I can't remember who it was that mentioned it, but we need to get pass the Tavern (?) upgrade before we can move onto upgrading other Guild things.

I'll make some Kegs later.

From what I can tell, it's our biggest bottleneck outside of upgrading WvW things, and the WvW things are stuff even I want to shy away from, since they're mostly unlocking Scribe stuff and we don't WvW much as a guild to make it worthwhile.

I also realized why I had stopped putting in kegs; I ran out of wood. I have enough of everything else that I should be able to drop in ~5 kegs a day, so let's see how well I make money again.

Quenk

apple come back

duoAY9p.jpg

I'm sorry guys :(

EDIT: context: we were trying to kill Gorseval last night and I was lagging very badly (skills wouldn't activate, dodges wouldn't use endurance so they weren't actually happening but it appeared to me that I was able to walk around normally etc), when we did updrafts I would lag out and never stop going up and I got launched on top of the map. I tried to glide back down but it would pop me back up again because it thought I was still on an updraft.

And then I resynced but was still walking on terrain on the very edges of the map, so when they wiped on Gorseval I was spared but he wouldn't reset because I wasn't able to die. A++ game

Clearos

Loving the amount of chaos in pvp right now. I want the carrot on the stick in the league system but having a break from any meta builds and x2 bunker per team is enjoyable.

Having great success with a druid currently still working on a fresh air build on ele.

tiijj

I would, but I haven't stepped foot into WvW in a couple months, just been really disenfranchised with it lately. Though I hope one of you tells me what kind of things may happen to cheer me up about it

I didn't like what wvw has become as well, I used to roam everyday. Right now I just go there for fast access to a vendor, bltp, crafting, and cheap portal to lions arch lol.

I don't think they can say a lot, there's probably NDA that they need to agree to.

That Monkey back item is spooky as fuck. Holy shit.

Just having it in my bank is starting to unnerve me.

Last years backpiece was creepy too. :s easy to sell that one for a gold

And yeah, anyone who is doing alpha testing can't say anything about it including saying that they're doing playtesting in the first place.

Proven

For me, what the Desert Borderlands and Edge of the Mists taught me, as a lapsed WvW player, is that what I want and what most current players want are two completely different things. It's disheartening.

If I was to design a map for current players at this point, is focus everything on just making front lines that people could easily throw themselves at over and over again. Push far enough and you capture a structure, and then the fight moves to the next gap of structures.

What makes current WvW fun for me is the fact that since it's going on all the time, you never know how the frontlines are going to be. There's so many different structures and terrain that there's strategy from even before you approach an enemy player.

And to avoid discouraging people from playing when the map is all one color, I would have made the NPCs more of an integral role in attacking. Optimally, if the maps aren't going to reset more often than once a week, then the NPCs would try to capture structures if left to their own devices. Eventually the map would reach an equilibrium state if there was no player intervention. Sadly, the best comparison I'd make is Animal Crossing; the world is still moving even if nobody is there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Time's up! Please edit those above posts quoting me just to err on the side of as much caution as possible with regard to making information publicly available. Thanks!

Wanderer5

Lol, meh being mostly a WvW player nowadays, might had some interests, but I probably wouldn't have contributed much.

I love running with my WvW guild, but WvW just seems to continue going downhill, through least alot of the guild made stuff have been nerf. That dragon banner especially was baaaaaad, through I haven't see it post nerf.

Zeroth

Guild hall now had Gorseval tentacles in case the more brilliant decorators like Lump want to mess with it

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I am iffy for missions themselves tonight, but I will get as on as early as I can and am super interested in trying another hypercasual attempt at the raid tonight after missions are over (10:30pm EST). Hopefully some peeps will be in :)

Ashodin

I am iffy for missions themselves tonight, but I will get as on as early as I can and am super interested in trying another hypercasual attempt at the raid tonight after missions are over (10:30pm EST). Hopefully some peeps will be in :)

I WILL MAKE THIS I PROMISE

Quenk

The thief buffs got me to finally unlock daredevil. I crafted her a shiny new dagger and gave her my ranger's old zerker set and now she's ready to watch from the sidelines as I continue playing my ele :V

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I actually miscalculated, and I don't think I'll be home til around midnight tonight :( Hawk lied so Ash lives. I promise to steer some makeup missions tomorrow.

If there are raiders interested in setting stuff up for a similar thing tomorrow night (i.e. 9 or 10pm est?) I would be down for that!

Pro

Did anyone do the Raid last night? Was hoping to make it but couldn't. Anywho, question on the Raid. What's the ideal role for a zerker Ele? My first attempt on Saturday night felt out of place.

Quenk

Did anyone do the Raid last night? Was hoping to make it but couldn't. Anywho, question on the Raid. What's the ideal role for a zerker Ele? My first attempt on Saturday night felt out of place.

Ideal role for a zerker Ele? Doing dps. If you meant specifically with bosses, VG you're probably going to stay on the boss doing damage. Ele can go to green circles since they can range dps but that hurts a lot so they might go down. For Gorseval, Staff Ele will be clearing spectral darkness. For Sabetha, Eles tend to be on cannon duty.

If you're playing dps ele you probably want to take a staff and be on the lightning team since you can do great dps from range. If necessary you can throw an air 3 at the seekers to get them away from you or earth 4 to stop them from creeping towards you in the first place. Controlling seekers and not letting them roll around wherever they want is really important, they will kill you and the rest of your team if you let them sit on you for more than a tick or two.

I'm not sure how much of the fight you've seen, but as the fight progresses it gets more complicated and positioning becomes really important. Sections of the arena will start lighting up and doing significant damage to anyone standing on it, and you have to keep him moving out of the lit up sections so he doesn't spawn green in them. CCing him also becomes important, he will stand still and channel a thing and you have to break it to make him stop it. It's important to do this so you can keep moving. I don't really play ele much for VG but I imagine air 3 would be useful for that.

You just need to set a goal.

This all sounds horrendously boring, I don't want to grind, I want to be told a story. Anet pls.

Pro

Ideal role for a zerker Ele? Doing dps. If you meant specifically with bosses, VG you're probably going to stay on the boss doing damage. Ele can go to green circles since they can range dps but that hurts a lot so they might go down. For Gorseval, Staff Ele will be clearing spectral darkness. For Sabetha, Eles tend to be on cannon duty.

On my first run I was doing green circles on VG. I was getting the hang of it, but yeah I was basically staying attuned to water in order to stay alive so my DPS was minimal. It didn't feel like I was contributing much other than doing the green circle. And eventually it would prove too much and I'd get downed from one attack or another. Is there a more preferable build for an ele or is a zerker ele good to have?

Pro

If you're playing dps ele you probably want to take a staff and be on the lightning team since you can do great dps from range. If necessary you can throw an air 3 at the seekers to get them away from you or earth 4 to stop them from creeping towards you in the first place. Controlling seekers and not letting them roll around wherever they want is really important, they will kill you and the rest of your team if you let them sit on you for more than a tick or two.

I'm not sure how much of the fight you've seen, but as the fight progresses it gets more complicated and positioning becomes really important. Sections of the arena will start lighting up and doing significant damage to anyone standing on it, and you have to keep him moving out of the lit up sections so he doesn't spawn green in them. CCing him also becomes important, he will stand still and channel a thing and you have to break it to make him stop it. It's important to do this so you can keep moving. I don't really play ele much for VG but I imagine air 3 would be useful for that.

Ah makes much more sense to use Air 3 and Earth 4 on the seekers. I think I was trying to use Air 3 to break VG which was few and far between as it recharged. Only got VG's health down half way in Phase 1. It was Saturday night. You were there weren't you? I don't think we had an ideal team but was good experience for me nonetheless.

Ah makes much more sense to use Air 3 and Earth 4 on the seekers. I think I was trying to use Air 3 to break VG which was few and far between as it recharged. Only got VG's health down half way in Phase 1. It was Saturday night. You were there weren't you? I don't think we had an ideal team but was good experience for me nonetheless.

I was there, I was the condi warrior (Mille Tendresse). We only saw the VG break once - only happens phase 3 and onwards (after the first split).

It is a bit rough to stay alive as an ele, but zerker gear is probably what you want. You'll find more effective defense in your traits or skills/utilities. An ele with slightly more toughness is still going to be made of paper. The tempest spec minor traits have aura and protection application on overloading, and you can take a trait to heal on aura application, so if you are using those, it'll pad your health a little bit and you might have an easier time.

EDIT: Some people find that celestial ele is pretty OK in pve, if you're having trouble surviving you could check it out. It is a bitch to craft though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom