• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morokh

I got a decoration token from Tequatl yesterday, and traded it at the NPC in the guild hall, and I have no idea where it went xD

Also, how far away are we from Guild weapons ?

Quenk

I got a decoration token from Tequatl yesterday, and traded it at the NPC in the guild hall, and I have no idea where it went xD

Also, how far away are we from Guild weapons ?

I think the decorations go into a pool of them that the decorators have access to.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Took some time off to play thru Dragon's Dogma a couple times. Came back and now I'm exploring Dry Top and having the worst time. What a bad zone. There are places I just don't have a clue how to get to.

spiritfox

Took some time off to play thru Dragon's Dogma a couple times. Came back and now I'm exploring Dry Top and having the worst time. What a bad zone. There are places I just don't have a clue how to get to.

It might be better to play through the first few episodes of season 2 since they lead you through the map step by step. Or you can join an organized run.

Edit:

FCFHY7B.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Yeah I did do the first mission or two of Season 2 but then I decided to lone wolf it and see if I could uncover the map completion on my own, but I'll probably go back to that.

I feel like I should probably go play some HoT content until I unlock the glider. You can use that in Dry Top right? Feels like it would really come in handy.

Thorgal

The one reason why i don't really care about whether someone is checking my Personal DPS or his Group 's is because DPS is only half the fight and most ff players know that .

wether you are playing GW2 or FFXIV you will not get far looking only to clear DPS checks if none of them are willing to learn the mechanics of the fight ,you will wipe and wipe and wipe .

Like in FFXIV you are much more likely to wipe due to a fight mechanic fail then you fail and wipe by hitting the enrage timer .

I deposited a bunch of gold and other random materials in to the Deep Cave, I think that's the correct one. Haven't played in a long time and don't feel like playing anymore.

I have 600 Gems left too, so first person that PMs me can have gifted what they want on the shop for that amount.

BalladOfRice.4569 I think is the correct name for you to remove me from the Guild.

LiQuid!

Does the "remember password" check box in the launcher work for anybody? Doesn't work for me and not sure how to make it work. My password's a real piece of shit to type.

Emitan

Does the "remember password" check box in the launcher work for anybody? Doesn't work for me and not sure how to make it work. My password's a real piece of shit to type.

If you have it checked you can usually just click Log In even with the field blank

Morokh

We almost one-shotted Mouth of Mordremoth, and the servers crashed ! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looking to put together a newbie raid, or at least a VG kill, for next Sunday afternoon, 2/21 at 4:00PM.

Quote this if interested in taking part!

[brag]We beat Vale Guardian on our second try tonight, and Gorseval on our first.[/brag]

Looking to put together a newbie raid, or at least a VG kill, for next Sunday afternoon, 2/21 at 4:00PM.

Quote this if interested in taking part!

If you need anyone to fill spots, I'd be happy to come along.

Debating on grabbing Heart of Thorns now. Got my Warrior to 80 about 2 years ago and haven't played since. GAF where do I begin?

I'd recommend playing around with the base game again for a little while and maybe joining the guild to have a few people to chat with. If you still like what you are seeing after a few days, think about upgrading to HoT then. A lot has changed in two years.

You might decide you want to try a different class, or get better gear for your Warrior and get a build or two squared away for it, and taking care of stuff like that before venturing off into the jungle would take time.

I can't really think of anything great Heart of Thorns adds that is immediately and easily accessible to new/returning players.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I played Dragon Stand meta for Nevermore.

Then my PC crashed.

Now I realized why I rarely do big events in MF.

Hedge

Any tips on getting orbs needed for Amalgamated Gemstones? I've parked most my characters at JPs but that yields about 1/3 of the required mats of a gemstone each day. Farming orichalcum has worse odds, plus the time to find them. :(

Any tips on getting orbs needed for Amalgamated Gemstones? I've parked most my characters at JPs but that yields about 1/3 of the required mats of a gemstone each day. Farming orichalcum has worse odds, plus the time to find them. :(

A few months ago I would've said do whatever you like for money and then just buy them on the TP.

But now I dunno. Maybe the same thing? Chest farming and flax farming were the most profitable things to do but I'm not sure if that's true any more. Fractals are OK money if you do a full tour, Silverwastes is pretty good if you salvage rares and sell the ectos, etc etc...

Retro

From a thread on Reddit about how the new HoT Maps are doing;

Colin Johanson said:
Just wanted to quickly pop in over lunch break and pass along while there are things we love about the HoT open world map experience; there are also things we felt either weren't successful, or didn't align with the over-all vision for Gw2.

We said this a week or two ago, but it's always good to reinforce that cleaning up those areas is one of the major focuses for our spring seasonal update in April. Many of the things folks call out in this thread as areas we can improve are the kind of things we're hoping to resolve. We'll discuss more once we're got a better idea of what will make it in, but I just wanted to quickly point out we're also aware and working towards some resolutions.

April can't come soon enough. Hopefully the Living Story starts up before then and they can start to get the damn ship turned in the right direction.

It's weird being done everything on Tuesday.

What am I supposed to do until next Monday

ETERNAL YAY

BQOKGdz.jpg

Did anyone get a better screenshot? I need something pretty to throw on the Twitter account

Zeroth

It's a bunch of small things. Everyone did their part, be it Lev calling bombs, Docbon eagerly jumping into heavy bombs, Soph/Quenk/Ike being on point for cannons, and so on. In the end we succeeded because we trained so much together. In early January we were struggling to hit the first phase of Gorseval, and now we have an Eternal title. I'm very proud of all who helped us get here, and I'm looking forward to see what the next raid will do to us.

Emitan

April can't come soon enough. Hopefully the Living Story starts up before then and they can start to get the damn ship turned in the right direction.

Oh are they actually revamping the maps in some way? Maybe I'll start being more active.

Wanderer5

Good, I hope some nice improvements come out of this. Just feels tiring doing these maps nowadays.

Morokh

Let's just hope it involves solidifying and diversifying the content and not just nerf the hell out of everything.
I sincerely hope they won't be as 'cautious' with HoT maps as they were with the old ones as there are some big changes needed in some places.

docbon

Wow sick rotation Ike. Maybe you can show me the ropes some time.

Not at all salty that I have to alternate through 10 skills to get the same damage output. Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom