• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minamu

Hey guys :)

I reinstalled Windows 10 the other day, partly because GW2 has been acting up a lot since I switched from Windows 7. But I'm still having some really, really (really!) long load times into Lion's Arch. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? Is there anything to do, apart from going back to Win 7 and/or buying a new pc? :/ My connection is well above fine and my hardware is the same as always, but getting into Lion's Arch can sometimes take several minutes for some reason. Switching zones have always been fairly long but LA takes the cake by far.

Retro

Try deleting your local.dat file? I'm not sure if it works post-HoT but it used to help with long load times.

You'll have to reset all of your keybinds and preferences, and if you have your login / password saved you'll need to re-enter those too. Might try just moving it to a different folder and seeing if it helps first?

Yes, but I usually have either win-streaks or loss-streaks. "4 wins in a row? Tough shit, you're gonna lose your next 7 matches."

I've been hearing about that too. I'd rather group my losses and wins into streaks so I can move up, lol. What I ended up doing was waiting for the next blowout game (501 - 31); I then partied up with 2/5 other teammates to win the next set of games and broke out of the stagnation.

Minamu

Try deleting your local.dat file? I'm not sure if it works post-HoT but it used to help with long load times.

You'll have to reset all of your keybinds and preferences, and if you have your login / password saved you'll need to re-enter those too. Might try just moving it to a different folder and seeing if it helps first?
I did a reformat of windows 10 so I'm reinstalling everything from scratch now. But yeah, maybe my other drive is faster.

Wanderer5

Done with Berserker. That should help more than regular PS war in raid I guessing.:p

And sweet at the guild reaching lv 40. Is that pretty much the max for now?

Morokh

Oh, did they change the PvP daily back? I noticed the arena daily is gone.

You always have 4 dailies, 2 of them are classes wins, the other two are chosen randomly between the remaining ones (there are four or five if I'm not mistaken) so you won't get the ranked/unranked one every time.

What's the budget condi engi build? Sinister with 5xNightmare runes and one other thing?

Yea, I think the best for 6th slot for the budget condi build is Krait. Antitoxin will give you +3 more condition damage for that last slot but it's like 100x the price (1 silver vs 1.12 gold) :p Super Veggie Pizza (2.65 silver) and Master Tuning Crystal (25 silver)/Tuning Icicle (5 silver) are the budget options for food/utility.

Quenk

Yea, I think the best for 6th slot for the budget condi build is Krait. Antitoxin will give you +3 more condition damage for that last slot but it's like 100x the price (1 silver vs 1.12 gold) :p Super Veggie Pizza (2.65 silver) and Master Tuning Crystal (25 silver)/Tuning Icicle (5 silver) are the budget options for food/utility.

Cool. I actually have a spare balth rune that should be the same as krait. I already have budget food and utilities from my ranger/warrior so that's good.

I wonder if I have the tokens for nightmare runes.

Edit: Is 10% condi duration better than 100 condi damage? 4xnightmare 2xtrapper might be nice

Quenk

Never thought I would be clearing the raid wing in one night. Getting all the achievements too. Crazy. We used to not be able to phase VG properly and now we do it near effortlessly.

Thanks to all my friends that make it possible :>

Also now I am spooky.

wow so spoopy.

Also, RIP Jay's eternal.

Just saw that there's going to be a sale on BLTC every day of this month witch some older things returning and many of the items only being sold for one day as the lineup changes each day. Could someone that's logged in today post what unique items are for sale today? Besides the winter stuff they mentioned.

I finished my vita JRPG excursion so back to more GW2 play. My Rev is really close to WC but I took a break to create a Reaper which I'd been meaning to do as it looked fun to play when I saw people running around. I thought I had this brilliant plan to race him over to the jungle and use my tombs there to get tons of jungle mastery xp but DERP you can't get in until you're 80 haha Can't believe I forgot that. Anyway, gave him some stuff other toons were holding onto for him and used up the 11 exotic daily reward chests I'd been sitting on to try and give him decent enough gear to survive in the jungle while I hunt down HPs. Knocked out all the ones in Verdant Brink so while I'm lacking traits and skills, I can at least hurl my GS all over the place. Created an Ascended GS for him right off the bat which I'll be able to use with my Chrono too if I every choose to play him.

Apparently I want a dagger and warhorn for the alt which threw me through a loop, none of my other toons wanted anything to do with those two weapons so didn't have anything decent for them haha One of the exotic chests gave me a dagger though if not the stats I want and that'll do for now. Just need to get more HPs to finish Reaper so I can complete the build and then I can look at upgrading his gear further. I'll probably ask what you Reapers are rolling at that point but right now I'm referencing the GreatSword X build on metabattles I think it is. Bummer that the optimum Raid build is so different stat-wise from the build to do everything else. Speaking of which, I'm more torn than ever on deciding what ascended armor to create...heavy or light? I was set on Rev being my main but now it might be Reaper plus I have a Chrono and Tempest that would be able to use the light armor so lots of utility there though I'm not sure how likely it is I'll play them ;p Meanwhile, my Herald and DH could use the heavy but my DH is my exclusive Teq slaughter machine so don't need it for him haha

Grabbed the sweet electric glider (wish it used a different color than yellow but still bad ass) and another bank tab with it. I'll be looking out for bank tab sales this month, can never have enough for those. Probably for bag slots too.

Just saw that there's going to be a sale on BLTC every day of this month witch some older things returning and many of the items only being sold for one day as the lineup changes each day. Could someone that's logged in today post what unique items are for sale today? Besides the winter stuff they mentioned.

I just checked, I'm seeing 22% off Winter Solstice Appearance Pack (2000 gems), 20% off Basic Ore Node Pack, Basic Lumber Node Pack, Basic Harvesting Node Pack, Basic Cloth Rack for 640 gems each. Zzzz.

I'm going to laugh a little bit if this is like the last "sale"

EDIT: Dulfy to the rescue https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/48h4u7/gemstore_update_items_available_for_7_more_days/

I just checked, I'm seeing 22% off Winter Solstice Appearance Pack (2000 gems), 20% off Basic Ore Node Pack, Basic Lumber Node Pack, Basic Harvesting Node Pack, Basic Cloth Rack for 640 gems each. Zzzz.

I'm going to laugh a little bit if this is like the last "sale"

EDIT: Dulfy to the rescue https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/48h4u7/gemstore_update_items_available_for_7_more_days/

Thanks!

looks like they're starting with the winter stuff which makes sense. Hopefully there are more interesting offerings later down the road. Even if they don't offer anything exciting, I'd be pleased with another bank slot sale and perhaps bag slot sale. Their comment that they'll be bringing back some older stuff thought to be lost forever is what intrigued me but no telling when in the month that stuff will hit.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You always have 4 dailies, 2 of them are classes wins, the other two are chosen randomly between the remaining ones (there are four or five if I'm not mistaken) so you won't get the ranked/unranked one every time.

I was surprised because I recall seeing "ranked/unranked" as a daily three days in a row if recall, hence why I thought it wasn't "random"

Tech-Wolf

I Guess I can do that.

Deal are only here for a day

Day 1 : Basic home node (Basic ore node, Basic Lumber node, Basic Harvesting node, Basic Cloth rack) 20% off
Day 2 : Mad scientist (all 3 kind) tools 20% off

I Guess I can do that.

Deal are only here for a day

Day 1 : Basic home node (Basic ore node, Basic Lumber node, Basic Harvesting node, Basic Cloth rack) 20% off

Ooh someone did today's too. Thanks, friend! Nothing for me today then, I already have infinite pick and axe covered and don't' think I'll ever need one for the sickle because I don't bother gathering ingredients unless in a high level zone so it's simple enough to occasionally buy a mithril sickle.

Man would it be money if for a day they through a higher tier ore node with Iron and Platinum ;p I feel sheepish to even joke about a cloth rack that had linen and silk...that shiz will never happen.

Retro

John Smith said:
I’ve recently seen quite a few posts mentioning megaservers. As per standard business, I can’t say anything about release dates or future content, but I can say that we recognized that megaservers were a problem quite some time ago. At that time my squad joined up with the deific ~Susan and her team to begin work on the system. I wanted to tell you that we know there are problems and we’re fixing them. We’ve released some very minor changes already and there will be several phases of fixes applied over the next few months. (source)

I mean, I doubt anyone was dumb enough to think they weren't aware of the issue, if not working on the problem all this time, but it would have been nice to hear this 3 months ago.

... and then I remember the average intelligence level of the Official Forums and Subreddit and yes, people probably are that dumb.

Tech-Wolf

Deal are only here for a day + an additional 3 hours (wut?)

Day 3 : Scarlet's Spaulder and Scarlet's Grasp 20% off for 320 gems each

I know this thread hates raids but I always think game design blogs are interesting, maybe you guys will like it too.

I actually adore raids and raid encounter design, and I think Destiny currently holds my award for most involved and interesting raid designs out there without needing to rely on specific class/composition groupings.

I love raids that are about mechanics. I take design issue (in the context of GW2's original mission and design) with raids that enforce group compositions, because then it's not about the raid design anymore, but about checkboxing.

Though the article linked is super-interesting, regardless.

Retro

I actually adore raids and raid encounter design, and I think Destiny currently holds my award for most involved and interesting raid designs out there without needing to rely on specific class/composition groupings.

I love raids that are about mechanics. I take design issue (in the context of GW2's original mission and design) with raids that enforce group compositions, because then it's not about the raid design anymore, but about checkboxing.

Though the article linked is super-interesting, regardless.

I second all of this, with a dash of "strong dislike for the mentality raids induce in people." If raids were done "GW2-style" instead of just copy-and-pasted from every other MMO, I could get on board. But I've been there and done that and I don't have the energy anymore.

Tech-Wolf

I Guess I can do that.

Deal are only here for a day +3 hours

Day 4 : Magnus's eye patch 20 % off for 320 gems, Glowing green mask/Glowing Crimson mask/ Glint gaze mask 20 % off for 400 gems.

Also Braham and rox weapon are back for a few days.

Day 4 : Magnus's eye patch 20 % off for 320 gems, Glowing green mask/Glowing Crimson mask/ Glint gaze mask 20 % off for 400 gems.

Also Braham and rox weapon are back for a few days.

Oh those are how some people running around have glowing eyes? Or are there other variants too? I remember seeing a guy at Teq with glowing red eyes that looked pretty good with his setup. Green eyes could work with a Necro.

I don't know why but Colin leaving is having a negative effect on my interest in this game. I should really explore that.
Colin's post in response to a question, since it hasn't floated to the top yet:

He is either moving to Amazon, Microsoft or becoming a stay at home dad (given the zero commute time).

Hedge

Huh, living story season 3 is starting after the release of the 3rd raid wing.
Colin leaving feels just.. strange. He's practically the face of GW2 for me. I mean I wish him good luck, it's just odd to imagine.
Who's left now of the original team?

Looks like I at least know when to return to GW2 again for S3.

Morokh

I'm really not liking what i'm reading in this reddit AMA.

More 'Expansion 2', every answer is basically 'It's on the table' and don't get me started on that specific answer about armor skin sets ....

LS3 starting after the third raid-wing brings us when considering how much time it took to bring the second one, summer ? september ? that sounds awful ...

Best wishes to Colin in his new life though, change can definitely be a good thing.

Wanderer5

Wow, well good luck to him for whatever he does next.

And living story season 3 will be in the summer at earliest pretty much? *sigh*

It's going to be likely August / September until the next LW chapter.

Been a great 1283 days, but it's time for me to officially bow out and retire from the game. Been a great run with y'all.

G9zCFxi.jpg

Spyware

I'm really not liking what i'm reading in this reddit AMA.
I'm surprised to say that I find it to be quite positive. I don't miss the story/living world. I haven't even touched the HoT story yet. If they released anything now I wouldn't really be able to participate. So yeah, I'm being selfish but for me it's great that new LW/story stuff isn't gonna arrive quite yet. I'll try to get through HoT after the April patch that looks a bit like it's gonna make it more bearable.
I also don't dislike the sound of expansion 2.

GW2 was unique with the small and frequent content updates and I liked that in the beginning. As I've started to tear through my many backlogs the last two years I find that I like the expansion model better as long as there's a little something in between, which sounds just like their goal.

Sonicbug

Miktar bro....... =(

Well, I don't mind so much that the releases are slowing down. I don't need to be playing the game every day, especially since it's essentially free to jump back in at any point.(Besides, my backlog......)

I am absolutely shocked at this though: Stephen: They are actively working on a proper Mac version of GW2 and this week they finally got it compiling, linking and starting up, but it crashed at the login screen; no ETA

I honestly didn't even think anyone there cared or was even attempting such a feat. It would be nice to be able to play the game on something other than lowest settings on my mac once again without it crashing.

So during LS1/LS2 they had the whole company working on living world...I swear that's not what they were saying during the releases.

This AMA has crushed my enthusiasm for the future of GW2.

Tech-Wolf

Deal are only here for a day +3 hours (aka 27 hours)

To keep everyone cheering and smiling!

Day 5 : Instant Repair Canister 40% off 1 for 21 gems, 5 for 90 gems

SooGood.jpg
image.php
Sorry, I had too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom