• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Oh man PS berserker, can be so fun. Dat quickness HB. I look into joining in on raids during weekends likely with it for now.

Got to see Slothasor tonight through, and man that was kind of hectic heh. I noticed in the video with Apex that they had markers around where the imbued mushrooms are at apparently.

Also the raid is going more west with its final wing isnt it?:p Cause between Salvation Pass and Lost Precipice is a particular fen judging from the map of the first game.

Oh man PS berserker, can be so fun. Dat quickness HB. I look into joining in on raids during weekends likely with it for now.

Got to see Slothasor tonight through, and man that was kind of hectic heh. I noticed in the video with Apex that they had markers around where the imbued mushrooms are at apparently.

Also the raid is going more west with its final wing isnt it?:p Cause between Salvation Pass and Lost Precipice is a particular fen judging from the map of the first game.
Looks the bandits are
white mantle looking to take control of the bloodstone... Again. Betcha they're financed by cadecus.

IvorB

Hey, I'm without my PS4 for a while and was looking to try this out on my Mac 'cause it's free. Any recommendation on what server to choose for an EU player?

nan0

Hey, I'm without my PS4 for a while and was looking to try this out on my Mac 'cause it's free. Any recommendation on what server to choose for an EU player?

Server only matters for World vs. World. You'll be able to play with people on any server in your region.
If you want to join the GAF guild you can also choose a US server, ping will be around 160 but it doesn't really matter for gameplay. Guilds are cross-region (you can join if you are on EU), but you're still restricted to playing with people in your region.

IvorB

Server only matters for World vs. World. You'll be able to play with people on any server in your region.
If you want to join the GAF guild you can also choose a US server, ping will be around 160 but it doesn't really matter for gameplay. Guilds are cross-region (you can join if you are on EU), but you're still restricted to playing with people in your region.

Okay cool, thanks. I do want to play with GAF but I also want the lowest ping. Hmmm...

Sonicbug

A word of warning.... The Mac build is highly unstable and while it should be able to handle "best performance" settings the Heart of Thorns release causing constant out of memory errors that really haven't been fixed. Bootcamp is currently the best way to play GW2 on Mac... (Which I don't do, I play on the Mac build on potato settings because I'm lazy.)

nan0

Okay cool, thanks. I do want to play with GAF but I also want the lowest ping. Hmmm...

Like I said, the ping difference doesn't really matter. I'm in Germany and transferred to US for HoT and I barely notice a difference. There's an occasional hiccup, but it doesn't affect gameplay in any way. Also no issues in PvP.

Spyware

I'm in Sweden and I have two accounts, one on EU servers and one on NA servers. I don't notice any difference at all when switching between them so ping is really no problem. If you wanna play with GAF, go for Stormbluff or some other NA server :)

Morokh

Having recently made the switch back from NA to EU, you won't notice it most of the time, chaining several move skills one after another, is definitely smoother for instance, and you'll avoid some hiccups in PvP if you're into that.
In my case, lag spikes have been less noticeable and frequent as well so far (it has been getting annoying lately, but once again, personal thing)

Finding groups for specific Fractals, and obviously Raids, even for PuGs, is also easier on EU because you'll be playing a peak times if you have a 'regular' schedule, I mostly played on US until now and I just discovered why people complain that the LFG tool is a mess, it certainly is more crowded when I play for sure :p

Wanderer5

*sigh* WvW continues to lose more and more players from the sound of it, and my WvW guild are starting to get tired of the current situation. Not that I am surprise, with WvW just feeling so unrewarding to do nowadays. Really hope this upcoming overhaul will be much more rewarding among things that need to improve of this mode. Maybe some reward tracks of sort would be neat.

*sigh* WvW continues to lose more and more players from the sound of it, and my WvW guild are starting to get tired of the current situation. Not that I am surprise, with WvW just feeling so unrewarding to do nowadays. Really hope this upcoming overhaul will be much more rewarding among things that need to improve of this mode. Maybe some reward tracks of sort would be neat.

WvW got boring long time ago, and it's very unrewarding, reward system needs an overhaul, i wouldn't mind WvW tracks like PvP has..I would settle for the exact PvP tracks lol, just add something..

I thought you would rejoin once your Neogaf ban was up for the sake of symmetry.

Nah, while my anger made me leave, i was going to leave anyways, since HoT the guild has been slowly dying, I am testing a new guild, average of 70 on every day for the past few days, guild is level 61 i need to head to the Hall and check out what they got..

Edit:well this guild wants me to stay lol, just login in the leader got 10% WP discount for the guild..

Wanderer5

Oh so the guild level keeps going? 40 seem like the max to get all the upgrades.

Anyway, I finally going into the spec weapon collections, and currently focusing on Glint's Bastion. Just need to mostly work on the exalted mastery line now, as I still #2 bleh. Sucks that the node mastery seems to only exist just to time gate you with these collections.<.<

Wanderer5

Ended up going through a completed Spirit Vale instance today, and even did like the three achievements that one can do if they come in after it is completed. I really impress with the design of the area. The ruins and graveyard beyond the VG that are surrounded by a river of spirits are so beautiful and eerie as it should be.:p Gorseval is just one mess up boss too after learning about it more.

Wish I can feel more committed to doing raids, but it a bit hard in regards to groups.

I finished making Astralaria. ^_^

tumblr_o40uthZdee1uw05wlo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_o40uthZdee1uw05wlo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o40uthZdee1uw05wlo6_1280.jpg
tumblr_o40uthZdee1uw05wlo5_1280.jpg

Only 3 active members left recently afaik, if the guild's vitality was hanging on to three individuals I think it maybe had some bigger problems

Character slot sale pls, I need to make more characters that I will never play

It seems like there are people using Guildchat whenever I'm on, are you guys referring to much larger chat numbers? Or is no one chatting at all when you're on?

What will we get a discount on today? C'mon bank slot!

Wanderer5

Soooooo did something happened?

Also mini and gathering tools today.

Bone Pick - 800 gems - 20% OFF
Tireless Harvesting Minion - 800 gems - 20% OFF
Tireless Logging Minion- 800 gems - 20% OFF
Mini Beetle - 343 gems - 31% OFF
Mini Bonebreaker - 240 gems - 31% OFF
Mini Braham Eirsson - 240 gems - 31% OFF
Mini Chieftain Utahein and Mini Svanir - 480 gems - 31% OFF
Mini Golden Pig - 240 gems - 31% OFF
Mini Pact Airship - 240 gems - 31% OFF
Mini Red Panda - 240 gems - 31% OFF
Mini Rocki - 240 gems - 31% OFF
Mini Rox - 240 gems - 31% OFF
Mini Tiger - 240 gems - 31% OFF
Miniature Moose - 240 gems - 31% OFF

Pro

Man, I'm getting pretty comfortable with Tier 2 Fractals now, but I swear, it still feels like you make one small mistake and invoke the wrath of your teammates. After returning to Mistlock Observatory following first Fractal, I get spawned right next to the LA Portal. The 'F' prompt to travel comes up and I hit F out of habit. Lo and behold I'm loading up LA while the rest of the team is moving on. Furthermore need to go back to char select and log back in to get back into Fractal with teammates. And naturally there's the Newb comments. Like you gotta be pretty much perfect at Fractals to really feel comfortable. tldr; just don't hit any keys until the ready sign comes up.

Thoughts on Sloth fight

- I wish they made it more obvious who had aggro - the purple thing is kind of hard to see if you're all blobbed up (or if you have the tag, it's invisible :s). I half wish the "X is currently fixated" wouldn't go away after a few seconds so we could be like "hey X you have aggro move it". Or something like this

- I wish they made the player slubling more obvious, it's not easy to tell the player slug and the trash slugs apart even if you have player names on. Maybe if it was bigger, or a different color slubling, or something. Anet pls.

Neither of these things are stopping us from beating the sloth but still I want a better UI

Quenk

Thoughts on Sloth fight

- I wish they made it more obvious who had aggro - the purple thing is kind of hard to see if you're all blobbed up (or if you have the tag, it's invisible :s). I half wish the "X is currently fixated" wouldn't go away after a few seconds so we could be like "hey X you have aggro move it". Or something like this

- I wish they made the player slubling more obvious, it's not easy to tell the player slug and the trash slugs apart even if you have player names on. Maybe if it was bigger, or a different color slubling, or something. Anet pls.

Neither of these things are stopping us from beating the sloth but still I want a better UI

The tag blocking it thing sucks. I didn't realize how bad it was until yesterday. It would be nice if they had a chat message for it so we could check it once the message on screen goes away.

Also, yes. I want to be a giant slubling.

Oh shit, Wizard's Hat is back.

Wizard Hat - 200 gems
Shadow of the Dragon Value Pack - 540 gems (40% OFF)
Shadow of the Dragon Helmet/Gloves/Shoulder - 300 gems each
Taimi's Dye Kit - 125 gems, 5 for 500 gems, 25 for 2500 gems

Oh yeah, story dungeon now affects all accounts for PVP rewards right?

Ya, after you do the story mode of a dungeon for the first time you unlock a reward track for that dungeon

EDIT: Sales for today:

Chain-Whip Sword Skin - 480 gems - 20% OFF
Kasmeer Staff Skin - 480 gems - 20% OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom