• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hey folks. I hopped on yesterday for the first time in a little while because I was bored. I still don't have any character above level 16, so I made a new one, a guardian. Seems pretty fun so far. I read a writeup and mentioned they can spread lots of fire DoT's so that seems like it has potential.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
jesus what happen to gaf guild wars 2 thread is dead

Scum

So the current content has scared away many Guildies? Awww. Shame that. Hope you're all not to away for long. :D

They really dropped the ball with Hot then it seems

For an MMO content is king, even if it shitty content it will keep a lot of players happy, and HoT is weak, 4 PvE maps repeating the same cycle 24/7 gets boring.... they fucked up and whatever they do in the future I am going to take a cautious approach...

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I went and dropped a hundred bux on HoT and some gems, got the living world season 2 and all the HoT content still to do, but it's been kind of hard to get into that stuff. I don't feel like the masteries progression is very fun and just getting around in those new zones feels like more of a chore than the vanilla zones. Didn't help that Fallout and then Dragon's Dogma both came out and absorbed a ton of my time and took me out of GW further. I still log in almost every day and have been slowly going thru those quests but I feel like I'm always going to be behind the curve of the majority of people in the GAF guild. There's still a ton of stuff I haven't done like dungeons and fractals and any raiding stuff.

I tried to get some of my gaming friends to play with me but they only lasted a couple of weeks and now they're all back to FF14 and PSO2. I guess GW wasn't weeb enough for them.

I went and dropped a hundred bux on HoT and some gems, got the living world season 2 and all the HoT content still to do, but it's been kind of hard to get into that stuff. I don't feel like the masteries progression is very fun and just getting around in those new zones feels like more of a chore than the vanilla zones. Didn't help that Fallout and then Dragon's Dogma both came out and absorbed a ton of my time and took me out of GW further. I still log in almost every day and have been slowly going thru those quests but I feel like I'm always going to be behind the curve of the majority of people in the GAF guild. There's still a ton of stuff I haven't done like dungeons and fractals and any raiding stuff.

I tried to get some of my gaming friends to play with me but they only lasted a couple of weeks and now they're all back to FF14 and PSO2. I guess GW wasn't weeb enough for them.
At the start, masteries won't be so bad because you can focus on the HoT story missions which give solid XP. It's interesting exploring the zones the first time too although Tangled Depths is a chore at first until you get the nunoch burrow mastery and know your way around. I'd recommend pairing up with someone and doing the HoT story missions and explore the zones a bit. I'd be down for running an alt around with you, I can't stand the thought of grinding the meta's to unlock the remaining masteries so I planned on just running back through the jungle with an alt or two. The story missions with an alt in particular would net nice XP. I don't recall my associated number at the moment but my account is Squalls Fury so feel free to add me or message me if you see me on in-game. All my toons start with "Squalls"

It's a bit bizarre why the stuff they promised to release is taking so long to come out. Ignoring the why, it's killing my interest. It's a shame because the elite specs are great, but there's not much new to do with them.

I've been forgetting to check the sales the past several days, I'm assuming I didn't miss a bank tab sale, right? That's nice that they increased the max amount of bank tabs, something to actually care about in this update ;p I will say the Ironclad Glider is a lot cooler than I expected, you can actually dye it to change what colors it emanates. Not as cool as the lightning one so don't need to grab it. Probably set forever with that glider unless they come out with the same thing that's dye-able later. Still not crazy with the yellow in it but the animation and form factor are too cool. I keep the snow glider on my Teq slayer so I can still enjoy that little affect each day haha

Anyway, bank slot expansion today, bank slot sale imminent tomorrow? pls?

You can also preview a bubble glider now, like the Tempest water overload only huge.

That sounds like it could be neat. I'll try to remember to check it out when I log in for Teq tonight. I haven't seen all the Tempest overloads but the air one sure looks bad ass. I see it employed during defense phases in the Teq event. Almost makes me want to go back to my Ele just for that haha

Taffer

Use the Captain's Airship Pass in Gendarran Fields and some allied NPCs turn neutral so you can attack and kill them. It also sets all Gendarran waypoints on your map to contested.

I love that the game keeps adding some awesome looking armors and weapons and hate them with a passion that so little is earn-able outside a cash shop.

Sleeping the big sleep.

S88YTYE.jpg

4K: http://i.imgur.com/wHe6i08.jpg

I don't know if I can be friends with people who slay gentle slumbering creatures who just want to nap in peace. Have you no conscience???
I want to slay Raid bosses!

I would be interested in learning the Herald's strategy or cycle now that Sword 1 was nerfed. I think people namely do the same thing but mix in Sword 2 but I've also heard of using Jalis and his rotating hammers skill rather than Shiro and Impossible Odds. Whoever played the Herald in the picture, feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it here!

I forgot to check what was on sale yesterday but since no one posted anything here, I assume not the bank tab sale I covet. I did check out the bubble glider preview and it was a trip! I look forward to seeing youtube videos of people gliding in it zoomed out since the preview is really zoomed in.

Quenk

I would be interested in learning the Herald's strategy or cycle now that Sword 1 was nerfed. I think people namely do the same thing but mix in Sword 2 but I've also heard of using Jalis and his rotating hammers skill rather than Shiro and Impossible Odds. Whoever played the Herald in the picture, feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it here!

Zeroth was the rev in our group. The rotation on sloth is a bit different but you can just look up the build on metabattle. It should have a good rotation there.

I don't know if I can be friends with people who slay gentle slumbering creatures who just want to nap in peace. Have you no conscience???
I want to slay Raid bosses!

I forgot to check what was on sale yesterday but since no one posted anything here, I assume not the bank tab sale I covet. I did check out the bubble glider preview and it was a trip! I look forward to seeing youtube videos of people gliding in it zoomed out since the preview is really zoomed in.

Yesterday was dyes, nothing special.

Zeroth is the rev in our first sloth kill but Ike and Techwolf play rev for us sometimes too, all 3 are A++ revenants. I am not sure what Zeroth was running in that final go but we had revs running ventari for the tablet bubble and such when we were learning.

Zeroth was the rev in our group. The rotation on sloth is a bit different but you can just look up the build on metabattle. It should have a good rotation there.

Oh I know about metabattle but didn't know if he actually used that build since I know it takes a bunch of changes and tweaks to figure out how to beat a given boss as Levyne described. I'm curious what finally worked as a Rev.

P.S. thanks for mentioning what was on sale, Apple. Interesting that he played around with Ventari at one point.

Zeroth

Equipment was the meta one, full berserker with scholar runes. Traits were

* Devastation: meta traits
* Retribution: Close Quarters, Dwarven Battle Training (normally Eye For An Eye but we had enough group stunbreaks) and Versed in Stone
* Herald: Radiant Revival, Harmonize Continuity, Elder's Force.

Glint (main legend) and Ventari (backup for projectile/condi management)

Weapons were Sword/Sword and Staff.

A bit hard to type all this on my phone but if you have any questions feel free to ask and i'll reply when I can.

Equipment was the meta one, full berserker with scholar runes. Traits were

* Devastation: meta traits
* Retribution: Close Quarters, Dwarven Battle Training (normally Eye For An Eye but we had enough group stunbreaks) and Versed in Stone
* Herald: Radiant Revival, Harmonize Continuity, Elder's Force.

Glint (main legend) and Ventari (backup for projectile/condi management)

Weapons were Sword/Sword and Staff.

A bit hard to type all this on my phone but if you have any questions feel free to ask and i'll reply when I can.
I'm surprised that the successful run used Ventari. Also interesting that you used Sword off-hand. Between that and staff, must need a ton of CC for this fight? I'm assuming you only used the Retribution trait line and Ventari legend for Sloth, right? Invocation and axe off-hand for the prior portions of the Raid? Staff I expect you used for all of the Raid thus far for CC reasons. A lot of people seem to find that more useful than ranged attacks with hammer.

Zeroth

I'm surprised that the successful run used Ventari. Also interesting that you used Sword off-hand. Between that and staff, must need a ton of CC for this fight? I'm assuming you only used the Retribution trait line and Ventari legend for Sloth, right? Invocation and axe off-hand for the prior portions of the Raid? Staff I expect you used for all of the Raid thus far for CC reasons. A lot of people seem to find that more useful than ranged attacks with hammer.

Ventari is a backup projectile defense, specially for the last 10% or so where we are bombarded by projectiles. The condi cleanse is also very useful for that phase, otherwise you can just work on Glint to provide the boons your party needs.

Staff is the better weapon compared to hammer in raids because it offers solid CC and support. I don't think any raid has a boss where hammer is preferred (not that it is a bad weapon, but since you are meleeing all the time, Hammer is kinda useless), so I just stick to Sword/X-Staff.

In regards to off-hand, it depends. Axe is fine but since your rotation doesn't use it, you can use any off-hand depending on your needs. I used sword on Slothasor because it has a 2s block and 2s is the duration of Sloth's fire breath so I can tank it and not worry about moving sideways or anything. Its pull is also useful for CC and positioning.

For the rest of the raid, Invocation is better over Retribution, and my off-hand tends to be Axe although it's nothing fixed.

Ventari is a backup projectile defense, specially for the last 10% or so where we are bombarded by projectiles. The condi cleanse is also very useful for that phase, otherwise you can just work on Glint to provide the boons your party needs.

Staff is the better weapon compared to hammer in raids because it offers solid CC and support. I don't think any raid has a boss where hammer is preferred (not that it is a bad weapon, but since you are meleeing all the time, Hammer is kinda useless), so I just stick to Sword/X-Staff.

In regards to off-hand, it depends. Axe is fine but since your rotation doesn't use it, you can use any off-hand depending on your needs. I used sword on Slothasor because it has a 2s block and 2s is the duration of Sloth's fire breath so I can tank it and not worry about moving sideways or anything. Its pull is also useful for CC and positioning.

For the rest of the raid, Invocation is better over Retribution, and my off-hand tends to be Axe although it's nothing fixed.

You did an excellent job answering my questions, thank you. The 2s block correlating with the breath attack was particularly interesting.

Yeah I notice I really don't get much use out of axe don't don't imagine using any other hand overly much either. Might play with shield if I get around to upgrading Glint's Bastion to Asc level.

It sounds as though for pretty much everything prior to Sloth, you used the metabattle build to the t? Did you in fact use Jalis with Glint? Or Shiro? I still need to try out Jalis, I've only ever really messed with Glint and Shiro. At least there's nothing to the Jalis portion of the rotation, no real practice required ha Glint boon balance and ticking down the only part of the rotation you have to particularly put any kind of attention and effort on.

As for the Legendary update today, it sucks for people that were anticipating them when they bought HoT but from a perspective of priorities, it's the right one. Exponentially more people will play LS3 than will acquire Legendaries let alone a new legendary. Lets hope the priority and focus placed on it and freed up hands improve the experience and bring it to us sooner.

Quenk

It sounds as though for pretty much everything prior to Sloth, you used the metabattle build to the t? Did you in fact use Jalis with Glint? Or Shiro? I still need to try out Jalis, I've only ever really messed with Glint and Shiro. At least there's nothing to the Jalis portion of the rotation, no real practice required ha Glint boon balance and ticking down the only part of the rotation you have to particularly put any kind of attention and effort on.

In a raid setting, we run with a chrono so the quickness from Shiro isn't as useful. Plus you can't upkeep Facet of Nature and Impossible Odds at the same time and the boon duration is really useful.

The Jalis portion of the rotation is mostly just positioning (on VG you have to make sure your hammers don't hit the pillars) and slight optimizations (circling around the boss in the right way so your hammers hit more often)

In a raid setting, we run with a chrono so the quickness from Shiro isn't as useful. Plus you can't upkeep Facet of Nature and Impossible Odds at the same time and the boon duration is really useful.

The Jalis portion of the rotation is mostly just positioning (on VG you have to make sure your hammers don't hit the pillars) and slight optimizations (circling around the boss in the right way so your hammers hit more often)

That makes sense regarding Shiro, Facet of Nature no doubt one of the most beneficial aspects to a Rev in the party, especially with a Chrono in the mix.

Hedge

Suspending work on legendary weapons? I'm sure it won't affect gemstore weapons, though.

I am glad they're focusing on actual content, since I'm on a break due to extreme fatigue, but.. eh.. the legendaries were used to promote the expansion. I dunno, it just seems kind of dishonest. At least they're open about it.

It better be some darn good content they're working on!

Sonicbug

If a seven man team couldn't finish something stupid like 12 items then disbanding that team is probably the correct choice. People have made entire games in that span of time.... 9.9

Wanderer5

Shortbow? why? only 2 class uses the weapon, oh god their decision making is absolutely abysmal,

Because shortbow (along with mace too) were the furthest in development. Yeah it sucks, but well whatever.

I guessing that these six had to work on not only the appearance, but also the collections for the legendaries and their prec, so maybe there are things regarding those that been taking quite a while for some.

What a stupid decision. You release an expansion missing over half of its content, and then you delay one of the selling points even more? Its been like 5-6 months and we'll have a total of 4 legendaires? Pathetic. Maybe instead of working on the new expansion, finish the one you've already sold. Or hire more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom