• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologise if this has been raised a thousand times already but I've just received my boxed copy. Do I do anything with the key since I've entered the 2 day head start key yesterday.

Appreciate it man, 'luckily' the way they implemented retrying almost makes it impossible not to fail. Either you get downed and then you're back up a few seconds later, or when you truly die you get to spawn at a checkpoint in the instance which is usually a stone's throw away and you get right back to where you left off, mobs still at same HP etc. however it still feels cheap and the hero feel is a bit gone.

Er, are you checking that your armor is not broken? If you're dying a lot that's the penalty you get, and if you don't repair it, you're not getting its bonuses, leading to going down much faster.

OTIX

So I've cleaned the apartment and still can't log in. Guess they're gonna make me do the dishes as well, bastards.

Hey Welltall, how do I get your gamepad settings to work? I followed all the instructions but the only thing that works with the gamepad is that I can run around and dodge with RT. I can also move the mouse cursor with right control stick but none of the other controls work. Can't attack, jump, select stuff in menu, bring up menu, etc.

Hey Welltall, how do I get your gamepad settings to work? I followed all the instructions but the only thing that works with the gamepad is that I can run around and dodge with RT. I can also move the mouse cursor with right control stick but none of the other controls work. Can't attack, jump, select stuff in menu, bring up menu, etc.

Mmm, that's weird. Could you open XPadder and see if the buttons you press light up in the GUI?

Kem0sabe

Wonder if Anet will give players any kind of compensation for the extended downtime. After all, we did pay extra to actually play the game early.

SeZMehK

Sigh, after making my characters I decided to go to bed. When I woke up this morning, all excited to play, I find out they are having server issues. What a nice thing to wake up to... :(

ParityBit

I played for one hour before bed (Just woke up).

That's still 1 hour more than I was able to play D3 for about a week. Had more fun than anything in D3 too!

I guess I will go do some rl stuff, like shower/eat/golf. Maybe it will be back up when I get home! Is there an ETA or a status page to troll?

Upside of the server issues means I can finally go out and get dinner now lol

Means I can finally break free and get my ass to bed.

Welltall, I'll catch your response in the morning or I should say afternoon. Appreciate any help. Is there something I have to do to make sure xpadder applies the profile and settings? or does the start file do the job? I have your latest profile in the upper right corner, but there wasn't an 'apply' or 'save' button so not sure if it's actually being applied. Thanks again for any help.

I just bought the game but I still haven't received an e-mail to confirm my purchase. This probably has to do with the huge server load, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom