• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we consider switching to different servers while transfers are free? Both Gandara and Stormbluff are full already, and we're still at the headstart. :S I'm worried non-headstart-GAF will be left out, not to mention latecomers, family and friends... :(

I guess we can wait until the grace period is closing, since I'm guessing the next week or two are going to be rocky as hell, and I'm almost sure they'll open new servers, which should be a great choice for us.

RossCo

Neo Member
I'm torn about these problems.

Part of me feels really bad for the devs. They ran stress tests, betas, did everything that you can reasonably do to test prelaunch and they still have these issues.

The other part of me is repeatedly clicking "Log in" and cursing :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
On another note. I was going through the storyline and what the hell is up with the constant dying? At some point, around level 6-7 the mobs in instances hit you for like 40% HP every time, even standing still with full HP suddenly kills you when mobs aren't even close. There's only so much dodging you can do, am I just getting ahead of myself without the game telling me or what?
Are the creatures above your level? You have a few options- improve your skill/approach to the mission and encounters, level up some by doing some of the game's other content, or bring in some assistance in the form of other players.

Let me know if you're still having trouble tomorrow!

Smoothest MMO launch ever! Had some lag at the start, but it went away. Once I got the hang of the game, I really started enjoying myself! So much so I played for nearly 7 hours... Yeeaaah.... Dose up on caffeine and truck through the day or sleep? Hmmm....

Sleep.
Honestly, until just getting booted I sincerely have to agree. I never even experienced a bit of lag myself. I kind of want to stay up to see how long this downtime lasts, as ANet is typing great at preventing this and it was going so well up until now.

putarorex

Kicked and can't log back in. : (
Freaked me out because before it kicked me it said I wasn't in a guild when I tried to post to guild chat...

The Jutty

Part of me feels really bad for the devs. They ran stress tests, betas, did everything that you can reasonably do to test prelaunch and they still have these issues.

Yeah the impatient part of me wants to complain and moan, but honestly the launch has been pretty smooth compared to other mmos I have played.

ksimm

Noooo booted out of Gandara. Oh well I managed to get to level 5 I think as an elementalist which is a fun class to play. I'm really pleased with the performance since I've missed several of the last stress tests.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah the impatient part of me wants to complain and moan, but honestly the launch has been pretty smooth compared to other mmos I have played.
They started at literally 12:00am- on the dot. I couldn't believe it. Pity it wasn't a blemish-free pre-launch, but alas. I'm gonna stick around to see how long it takes to resolve. My faith hasn't wavered yet!

Z3M0G

They could have ran better stress tests by offering open beta to people who didn't pre-purchase the game...

JoeBoy101

Guild Wars 2 Twitter said:
The errors related with firewall/conectivity are still being investigated by our teams. We will give you more info as soon as we get it.

FYI

Ryan_ said:
Buh, same here. That was worst launch I've ever experienced haha.
And the worst was, my excitement for the game was gone the week after.

You young'uns. Should have been around for EQ, Anarchy Online, or WoW. DAYS without being able to login in. Had to wait in a server queue uphill, both ways, in 2 feet of snow.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I should hope we can all, at the least, agree that there's no comparison there. D3 isn't even massively multiplayer (and not to get into that whole business, but should be singleplayer...)

JoeBoy101

What cheeves me off, is that I just got done dealing with the dog this morning (walk, feeding, etc.) and was ready to sit down for an hour or two with this. Grrrr.

V_Arnold

Completely the opposite for me. Was going in at launch day for Diablo 3 expecting problems - and after an hour of Error 37, I was in, gameplay was smooth (EU).

In GW2, it was hyped up as a network technological masterpiece, and I was not expecting any issues based on this - well, needless to say, I experienced more disconnects this morning than in D3 so far - in 400 hours -.-

(GW2 is still going to be amazing, do not get me wrong, but that is not because of issues or lack of them at launch, imho : D)

berva

Neo Member
Chill out with the "wtf I can't log in comments"
Seriously are we 5 years old? Servers are down, chill out, they will be back up shortly. Have a shot of patron and move on children

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Chill out with the "wtf I can't log in comments"
Seriously are we 5 years old? Servers are down, chill out, they will be back up shortly. Have a shot of patron and move on children
Dude, nobody's been like that. Take your own advice :p

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Funny thing, I was able to play, but the status of everyone in the guild was "unknown". Logged out to character select and can't get back in. Well, I need a break anyway, so I'm not even sad.

Having tons of fun so far.

etiolate

Banned
Seems they brought things down. The chat systems were lagging, as were guild systems. Then people got kicked and no logging back in. Europe players just started pushing back in.

I got six hours straight of game time. So now its screenshot time.

ifqb835bJCHrF.jpg

iGnmhEyYm6a3X.jpg

ifTG2v5DQ9eqI.jpg

icrJSRhq5pYil.jpg

igPzm17hlv9zY.jpg

is1L3HdJxrB90.jpg

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Seems they brought things down. The chat systems were lagging, as were guild systems. Then people got kicked and no logging back in. Europe players just started pushing back in.

I got six hours straight of game time. So now its screenshot time.

love the first one :D

Glad it wasn't just me being unable to use the guild chat anymore. Perfect timing for it all to be brought down, since I'm satisfied for today and ready to sleep!

Have fun, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom